Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2003, 06:44 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tigs33
Stats: 154+/136/133
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 13/06/03
Hi Everbody,

Well I have decided to restart my water fast, so I am on day 1. This time though I am not telling anybody at work about it, so I will hopefully have nobody nagging me about not eating food.

I only have to go to work tomorrow and then I have got three days off work so I can rest as much as I want to , so I am planning on sleeping loads and pampering myself.

Em xx

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2003, 07:21 AM   #152
Major Procrastinator!!!

Gallery: magnolia_petals
WOE: atkins again!
Start Date: 03/31/08
hi everyone...just noticed this challenge on here and thought i would pop it to see what it was all about....
what a delightful thread!! the sense of humor is fantastic in here!!
kudos to all of you who are trying this, what an accomplishment to undertake something like this!!
it will certainly change your relationship with food and highten the sense of control over eating...

wish you all the best with this challenge and will peek in everyone now and then to see how you all are doing...

personally, i would love to join...but i am too much of a wimp
Old 08-21-2003, 07:49 AM   #153
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Island Blue
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/17/03
DAY 4

[COLOR=blue]Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I actually slept quite well last night, deeper than normal. My sympathies to those that aren't!! The one thing that helps me get through is to be able to go to bed and SLEEP and not be conscious of what I'm doing here!

I actually feel better this morning. I'm going to take it slow and easy (though I have another humongous physical day at work today), hopefully I can flush this cr*p out without antibiotics. I've kept taking my probiotics during the fast, maybe I'll stop those too and just let my body fight the good fight. If symptoms persist, I'll hi-de-ho myself to the doctor and break the fast.

I'm going to up my water today. I didn't drink much yesterday, wasn't thirsty and was so busy at work. I also had two distressing phone calls from DD away at college, that really made me melancholy. So maybe it was hormonal release that increased my mental depression?

It's so hard to know what is physical and what is mental, the two are so tightly interwoven. Hunger, food, emotions, etc. And I'm an emotional eater, so maybe it was just a conditioned response to have hunger since I was "down."

I'm also having a hard time knowing if I'm detoxing at all. I never concentrate so acutely on my body, so I don't know if that little pimple is detox or TOM!

Down 10 pounds since Sunday. Probably all water. Hunger on the SHS scale is a 2.

Have a wonderful, water-filled day all![/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Please pray for our troops, freedom isn't free[/COLOR]

Last edited by Island Blue; 08-21-2003 at 07:51 AM..
Old 08-21-2003, 08:06 AM   #154
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Juleemaree
Stats: 217/?/148
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Feb 4, 2003
Hi, Hope you all do not mind me popping in here again, but wanted to let you all know that you all are my inspiration!!! I'm really gonna try this and I'm gonna start on Sunday. I think thats a good day, no work and also off on Monday so I will be taking the kids to the pool, hopefully I'll be up to it.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:13 AM   #155
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Has anyone had gas problems? I am having small burps (which taste like the inside of my metal-mouth, yuck!)
Old 08-21-2003, 08:36 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Divinity
Stats: 250/233.6/150 (for now)
WOE: K/E or Kimkins...or THE BEST I CAN DO lol
Start Date: 6/13/07
Day Two

Good Morning Everyone,

FINALLY made it to day two! My hunger has definitely diminished. Pee dark, strong odor (sorry if TMI). I'm a little tired today, very very slight headache... but not a big deal. Usually my skin is always oily and its been dry for the past couple of days. ???? Oh well, everyone's different I guess.

Everytime I try and look at this as a 21 day process (which is what I'm going for), I get overwhelmed. But if I just get up and say, "let's try this today Michelle", I feel more inspired. Anyway, it does feel good giving my stomach a rest. It feels very calm and peaceful...if that makes sense.

I haven't weighed yet, because I wanted to weigh at Curves, since that's where I got my starting weight. I'll try and get by there at lunch.

Hang in there everyone! Listen to your bodies! You're all doing so great! You are such an inspiration!

"Do not wait for your ship to come in,
get in your boat and row out."

~Thou in me art Inspiration, Revelation and Illumination~
Old 08-21-2003, 08:50 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sissy01
I officially feel like crap today. I felt great yesterday. I have read enough to know that this goes in cycles. I just hope I feel that up cycle again very soon.

The good news is that I have lost 9 pounds in my first 3 days. How much of that could actually be a true fat loss?

I am just going to keep on keeping on.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:49 AM   #158

Gallery:
Hi Mags! It's always nice to have another positive spirit!

Island, I feel for you about your daughter. I'm in a custody battle situation myself (I moved to another town and apparently that was a no-no) and I missed my son very much. When I'm melancholy, I want to snack, usually on comfort foods. When I'm angry I can't eat at all (my divorce was a great help to my weight loss, LOL!)

Regarding whether you're detoxing, of course you are! Our bodies are detoxing all the time, just when we're eating a lot of our energy goes toward digestion. At night is when we really detox, but that's only for 6-10 hours. Ever looked at your tongue the next morning after drinking alcohol (particularly hard liquor)? It's white and coated -- sound familiar? Now, you're giving your body 24 hours every day to detox and it's going through stuff it never had the time to do before (think of getting some time for yourself to go through old boxes in the attic or garage). Depending on how toxic we are, is how bad our detox symptoms will be.

Sissy, of the 9 pounds, probably 3 are actual fat. Hmmm, a pound a day! Not too shabby! Congrats on feeling crummy, that means you really NEED this!

Divinity, sometimes I also have to say "just make it through today" too. It makes it easier than fixating on a huge number of days!

Handicapped, I know that caffeine headache. During a fast years ago I decided to not have coffee. No one told me about caffeine withdrawal headaches! I get headaches off and on, but this was horrible and pain relievers didn't help! I honestly thought I had a brain tumor so I went to see my doctor. He asked if I had changed anything in my diet, I told him I was fasting (he was east Indian so didn't blink an eye) and then he asked about coffee. I said I had stopped it as part of my fast. He explained about caffeine withdrawal and I never had a cup of regular coffee again after that. I'm too much of a control freak to let a food affect my central nervous sytem like that. Whew, way too much info, huh?

Old 08-21-2003, 09:52 AM   #159
Jot

Gallery: Jot
Hi Guys,

Well done to you all.

Can someone just clarify for me, you are just drinking water and nothing else? no fruit, veggies?? how about vitamin pills?

I'm interested in fasting but have only ever heard of not eating at all for a couple of days or detoxing having veggies and fruit for 30 days.

If someone can post a link for me to read that would be great.

thanks and well done

jot

Old 08-21-2003, 10:01 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: handicapped91
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/03
30 Day Detox

Hey, does anyone know if we can drink selzer water? It would be a little bit of a change from plain water.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:21 AM   #161
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: GApeach23
Stats: 207.2/195.6/160 5'8"
WOE: Tried and True.....Atkins
Start Date: Re-started Jan. 2, 2012
Hey everybody,

Well I'm bummed that I can't start my water fast today. It seems that with all the bad symptoms and a very high fever yesterday I had to go to the doctor. I have a sinus infection and bronchitis, have to be on antibiotics for 7 days among a bunch of other meds.

So, I haven't given up though, will start my fast on Friday August 29th, that gives me the long weekend to feel tired, as if I could feel much worse than I do right now~~~~lol
Old 08-21-2003, 11:12 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

So Sorry to hear that you're feeling bad GAPeach. Take care of yourself and join us next week
Old 08-21-2003, 11:16 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jot,

Kimmer's (and seriouslyme) the residence expert, I think, but I believe we are all pretty much water fasting, with maybe the addition of a little lemon or Apple Cider Vinegar. I don't know of anyone taking multivitamins, but I think most people are still taking their prescribed meds.

Hope this helps
Old 08-21-2003, 11:18 AM   #164
lovinatkins

Gallery: lovinatkins
Someone asked about burping. I have had the mini burps evey time I have fasted so far. I also was freezing all the time to the point that I had to start drinking my water romm temp because if I drank it cold my whole body felt it. Good luck eveyone and I will be with you again on Sunday!

Old 08-21-2003, 11:24 AM   #165

Gallery:
Jot, we're doing water as a detox. Adding solid food like fruits or veggies would start up the digestive system again which is what we want to avoid. Our body uses 70% of its resources for digestion, we want to use that 70% for detox 'search & destroy' missions, LOL! And, of course, weight loss is a nice side benefit!

If you check the last few pages, someone posted the link to the fasting links. I really recommend you read up (especially the one marked 'rejuvenation' so you can see that you're not harming your body -- read the autopsy stuff).

GA Peach, sorry you're sick! Join as soon as you can, OK?

Handicapped, does seltzer water have salt or anything in it? If it's just carbonated water, then I think it's OK. If there any other things, then no for detox benefit.

I got hungry last night, but now it's 11:30 and not a hunger pang in sight!

Old 08-21-2003, 12:16 PM   #166
Jot

Gallery: Jot
KIMMER & DIVINITY,

Thanks for that, I found the information on page 5 and read up on some of the websites and saved them as favorites for another day.

I really want to do this but I have commitments, out Sunday and Wednesday and going on holiday on the 4th September. I want to have a clear out and lose some weight so I was thinking do you think it would be more harmful to do say a couple of days a week until I go away and then when I get from my holiday really go for it?

I could fast Friday, Saturday, Tuesday and Friday and maybe every other day until I go away and really go for it when I get back. In between I could do a mini food detox having fruit, veggies and fish. What do you think?

I did a detox for 30 days before but that was organic fruit, veg, brown rice, fish no processed food, meat, wheat, dairy etc, I lost a bit of weight but the main thing was that I felt a lot healthier.

jot

Old 08-21-2003, 12:43 PM   #167

Gallery:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jot
... you think it would be more harmful to do say a couple of days a week until I go away and then when I get from my holiday really go for it?

I could fast Friday, Saturday, Tuesday and Friday and maybe every other day until I go away and really go for it when I get back. In between I could do a mini food detox having fruit, veggies and fish. What do you think?

I did a detox for 30 days before but that was organic fruit, veg, brown rice, fish no processed food, meat, wheat, dairy etc, I lost a bit of weight but the main thing was that I felt a lot healthier.
If you fast Fri & Sat, then eat Sun & Mon, then fast Tues, then eat Wed & Thur, I think you're going to spend a lot of time really hungry because you'll be redoing Day 1 all over again. You don't want your fasting experience to be miserable.

When you talk about detox, I think you mean a detoxifying diet of fruit and veggies (I don't know where fish fits in). What we're doing is a bone-jarring detox where your body reaches into the deepest crevices and pulls junk out. It won't happen the same way with a solid food diet (but eating clean is very good!!!)

Did I make any sense at all, LOL?

Old 08-21-2003, 12:48 PM   #168
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nady
Hi~ Is it too late to join? I just found out about this challenge today! I've been bad~ eating grains when I know I shouldn't, now I've got my immune system all upset and I'm breaking out with eczema ~again

Anyway, I've water fasted before and found it the easiest, fastest (pardon the pun) way to get things back on track! So, if it's okay, I'd like to join!

For everyone interested in more info about water and also salting~ check out the links here~

Any salters still here?

Have to go read the rest of the thread!!
~~~N
Old 08-21-2003, 12:49 PM   #169

Gallery:
Hey, a general reminder to everyone who is fasting, lurking, or thinking about fasting -- talk to your doc and get an OK, if at all possible.

Most American doctors won't be too keen about a water only fast, but if you have a choice of doctors you'll have better luck with a doctor from the Middle East or Asia/India.

Anyone who's thinking of fasting as a crash diet, you might want to rethink that. Your mental state of mind has a lot to do with success, and if you aren't totally into the idea of a fast, you can harm yourself.

People interested in losing weight very quickly WITHOUT a water fast should really try Stillmans or "Still-kins" (Stillman's, but add a couple small salads). Your weight loss will be only slightly less than a water fast, and you won't feel antsy about whether fasting really IS alright to do.

Old 08-21-2003, 12:52 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LilOleBelle
Stats: UCK !!!!
WOE: Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: T O S O !!!!!
Heyyyyy All you Webble Wobbles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 4 ,and I have legsssssssssss

At least I think that I do....
I didn't feel them yesterday............

Nothing new to report today, just uping my water intake, and taking it one day at a time....

4 DAYS downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Always Belle
Old 08-21-2003, 01:28 PM   #171

Gallery: catkin
Stats: Made Goal! 132 lbs.
WOE: hhcg
Thanks for that disclaimer Kimmer. I started a thread over at the PG and people were concerned about the health of the fasters. It deteriorated fast so I deleted it shortly after it went up. It was honestly not my attention to call negative attention to your efforts here, please forgive me.

I'm so very impressed with you all. I seriously considering this next week.

Say Kimmer, are you still adhering rigorously to your skin care routine?

WTG Fasters!

Last edited by catkin; 09-04-2003 at 09:52 AM..
Old 08-21-2003, 02:04 PM   #172
CLM
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CLM
Well I'm done with my fast .As I suspected my work load is too heavy to do a long fast. I'm bummed as I feel 3 days isn't long enough to do much. I'm self employed so I can't take that much time off work. Oh well maybe someday.Is there any benefit to doing short fasts (3-5 days)every couple of months? Or is that too often,and not long enough?
Old 08-21-2003, 02:10 PM   #173

Gallery: Nady
I think shorter fasts have benefit~ a three day water fast is how I quit smoking! That was over 7 years ago! Since then I've done a couple of 3-4 day fasts and one 10 day fast. I'm not sure I'll do 30 days here, but I will do at least 10~ maybe several 10 day fasts in series?? I'll know when my skin starts healing that I'm getting the gunk out~
~~~N
Old 08-21-2003, 02:14 PM   #174

Gallery:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cinder
Thanks for that disclaimer Kimmer. I started a thread over at the PG and people were concerned about the health of the fasters. I deleted it shortly after it went up.

Say Kimmer, are you still adhering rigorously to your skin care routine?
My skin, ha! You should see it! For the fast I'm not using any lotions/creams except for facial moisturizer and antiperspirant. I haven't used Retin-A in almost a week and I can feel the skin layers piling up, LOL! I'm looking forward to the end of the fast JUST because I want to get my skin "translucent" again. How vain, huh?

General Note: I can appreciate everyone's concern about the fasters and I've gotten PMs too. But assuming people are in generally good health, it's OK. People do forget that over 50% of the world fasts on a regular basis. The reason we have body fat is to sustain us during periods of no food. OK, done!

CLM, Dr. Bragg recommends a 3-5 day fast every quarter. Maybe that would work for you? ANY fasting is beneficial, just the longer the more "detox" is done.

Old 08-21-2003, 02:23 PM   #175
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stefi2107
Hey everyone!

After 4 days sadly my fast has had to come to an end. My mom was noticing that I wasn't eating and when they had meals I said I was going into my boyfriends to eat and when i was there I was saying I had already ate well they talked and realized that I was fasting and last night My boyfriend wouldn't let me get up from the table untill I ate something because he is concerend. Gotta love him for being worried about me. But I'm going to keep up with you guys. I'm going to do a kiss method of eating and see if that doesn't help even refresh my body not having all kinds of toxins from processed foods in it..

good luck everyone!
Old 08-21-2003, 02:54 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note. I went to weigh myself at Curves. Down to 209 today.

Those of you who ended your fasting...Be sure, that whatever fasting you accomplished did your body some good. I know I've only been doing for a couple of days, and already my body is just saying ahhh....thank's for giving us a couple days to heal and not have to expend so much energy digesting. It has also allowed me to get more in touch with myself and what I'm really feeling during those times that I'd normally reach for food. Just my humble opinion
Old 08-21-2003, 03:18 PM   #177

Gallery:
Quote:
Originally posted by Divinity
Just a quick note. I went to weigh myself at Curves. Down to 209 today.
Wow! On the 19th you were 215! Six pounds in 2 days!

Old 08-21-2003, 03:24 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

THANKS KIMMER

Thanks Kimmer I'm pretty happy about that, although there are so many other benefits...it does help keep you motivated.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:03 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LilOleBelle
Stats: UCK !!!!
WOE: Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: T O S O !!!!!
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ALL
YOU
LOSERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

I'm so very PROUD of each one of you, for sticking it out and losing that WATER/FAT!!!!!!!

O'kay, I think I have lost 6 pounds...
YESSSS, I cheated again....
I looked at the scale
Started at 170.....................

Not too shabby, if I do say so myself, although, I'm really more concerned about detoxing this awful body of mineeeeeeee ...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, has my mind flipped outttttttt..
I'm so light headed....

Congrats, to everyone that lasted as long as they did.....
YOU ARE THE BOMB BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

O'kayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Let me guit rambling and get on with my bad breath selffffffff

*((*&%@##$$%^&)(__+

Always Belle
Old 08-21-2003, 04:05 PM   #180
debbie16

Gallery: debbie16
going through day one for me....

i'm not hungry but i don't think i'm in ketosis yet because i ate some fruits yesterday so i hope my stomach won't rumble.

my urine was a dark orange this morning when i pee. is it a sign of detox?

i'll check in here and i wan to pass day 1!