Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2003, 01:41 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LilOleBelle
Stats: UCK !!!!
WOE: Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: T O S O !!!!!
Divinity
I'm here for you babyyyyyyyy

I feel hungey now also..
Or maybe its just the thought of knowing that there is FOOD, in my house and I can't have any of it !!!!!!!!

Thank you for your kind words, they really mean alot to me...

Hang in there, we have each other to see us through this, just remember that.....
You can always PM me too, and I will answer as fast as I can..
I need that support tooooooooooo

Always Belle
xxoxox

Last edited by LilOleBelle; 08-20-2003 at 01:48 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2003, 01:42 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: handicapped91
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/03
30 Cad Detox

Hi
I went on a two week fast a few yrs ago and my blood sugar was 36 for most of the time. I was a little spacy but could drive and do some work.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:42 PM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stefi2107
Hey everyone. Does eating your fingernails count as eating? Cause if it does i'm out. Lol. Commonwealth of PA (pennsylvania for all of you no PA'ers) their computer system got hit with a virus so if you work for the state like me you had nothing to do cause everything is done on the computer and our director wouldn't let us go home cause parish the thought we could do something productive at home and not sit talking and staring out the windows all day. So I sat and chewed on my fingernails and drank lemon water. But other than that I'm doing ok. I'm not hungry.. I"m just kinda missing the motion of chewing. Well I'm going to go and take a little nap maybe for 30 minutes. You know this is sooo much easier with you guys cause today i was like I need food and then i'm like no this defeats the whole purpose and look at all the people that are there to support me. Good luck the rest of the night guys and girls!

STef
Old 08-20-2003, 03:13 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Divinity
Stats: 250/233.6/150 (for now)
WOE: K/E or Kimkins...or THE BEST I CAN DO lol
Start Date: 6/13/07
I keep thinking "maybe I'm posting too much?" You know TMI...lol Then I thought, when i wasn't fasting and interested I did want to know every detail.

Well, I'm still hungry, but I'm ignoring it. I had a big glass of warm lemonwater (Been drinking A LOT of plain water all day). Right now I'm having a pretty good burst of energy. The kind of energy that you can't get from coffee or sugar. Pretty cool My breath, on the other hand, is not cool. But that may mean I'm getting into Ketosis, right? (I hope I hope)

Still can't wait for tomorrow, though. I'll be happy just waking up in the morning and knowing that I gave my body a break for at least a day.

Positive thought for today:

I already have within me, all that I need to succeed in whatever I decide to do.

"Do not wait for your ship to come in,
get in your boat and row out."

~Thou in me art Inspiration, Revelation and Illumination~
Old 08-20-2003, 03:20 PM   #125

Gallery:
Quote:
Originally posted by GwnStfni
I have a question though... what are you all doing about cleaning yourselves out downstairs? I hate this word but you know the E word. enema. ... I suppose any true long term detox should involve the E word.
The entire Challenge is a personal experience for everyone. Some are doing enemas/colonics, taking medications, using lemon, having broth/juice ... and some aren't. If you think the "E" word is a good idea, have one on us!

Old 08-20-2003, 03:29 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Divinity
Stats: 250/233.6/150 (for now)
WOE: K/E or Kimkins...or THE BEST I CAN DO lol
Start Date: 6/13/07
Bell...GIRL...thanks SO much for the post. I just caught the pic (hey I'm a little slow, I haven't eaten in 18 hours).

Love IT!!!

Thanks for the support!!!
Old 08-20-2003, 03:35 PM   #127

Gallery:
Divinity, day 2 is WAY better! Still, it doesn't get 'normal' until about a week or so. Even when your appetite is gone, you still might 'want' food. Seriouslyme posted that detox comes in cycles so you might have highs/lows, but nothing like Day 1!

Stefi, you're allowed 1/8 teaspoon of fingernails, that's it!

Belle, hang in there! Drink a BIG glass of water and go do something. Regarding Splenda, it depends on what it is you wanted to accomplish with the fast. If it's detoxing, then you shouldn't have anything but water. If it's weight loss, Splenda in your water isn't going to slow you down -- unless you start getting fancy like people have done with Stillmans so it doesn't resemble anything like what the doctor intended.

Lori, I don't have anyone to feed, but strange as it sounds, when I'm fasting (which I did when I was married), I have no desire to taste anything I'm cooking -- same with BIG dinners (Thanksgiving, Easter) -- don't want a bite. Weird, huh? Your appetite will diminish a lot, drink a LARGE glass of water when you feel like caving in, LOL!

Evanbeck, you probably haven't lasted past Day 1 before because it's such a #%&*@ hard day!!! Have you read the fasting links, they discuss diabetes and blood sugar. Allison is diabetic, maybe she'll have some comments? The fast is whatever you want it to be. I'm at goal and want to detox. I have autoimmune conditions and want to see what water fasting will do for them.

Old 08-20-2003, 03:44 PM   #128

Gallery:
For anyone who didn't read this on the main BB, this is an article a "Sex & The City" producer wrote for Self magazine, August 2003, when she tried a fast. I thought the Day 1 people might need a chuckle!

My “Hey, baby!” Weight
by Cindy Chupack, Executive Producer of Sex and the City

Is getting noticeably thinner worth feeling faint from hunger? Cindy Chupak tries fasting to find out.

“I am going on a 10-day Fast. In preparation for this, I have eaten most of the contents of my refrigerator. I now feel sick enough to abstain from eating for at least a day, if not longer.

This fast is called the Master Cleanser, aka, the Lemonade Diet, because each day you drink 6-12 glasses of “lemonade”, a bizarre mixture of maple syrup, cayenne pepper and other unappetizing ingredients.

I believe this fast is medically sound because I know people who have done it. Well, OK, I know one person who has done it, but he knows other people who have done it. And there is a booklet. Most diets, I know, at least merit a book. But the Master Cleanser is written by a man who, when he is not fasting, survives on fruits, vegetables and seeds, so this is not a man who sends in a book to do a booklet’s job, if you know what I mean.

I tell myself this is not about weight loss. I know I can’t expect to keep off the pounds I shed while fasting. I just want to cleanse my system and get rid of the so-called toxins. Plus, after eating nothing for 10 days, it’ll be easy to make smaller changes to my diet, like eliminating cupcakes.

DAY 1

I prepare a pitcher of the lemonade, thinking that if I were to pick a drink to live on for 10 days, it would probably be something along the lines of a banana daiquiri. But I suppose that would be considered a problem rather than a fast.

By late afternoon I’m a little hungry, and I notice the place where I really have a Pavlovian response is my kitchen. I make a mental note that I’m not sure whether I go to the kitchen when I’m hungry or whether being in the kitchen makes me hungry. This is the kind of profound thought you have on a 10-day fast.

At night I go to see a Nick Lowe concert. I find that instead of watching Nick Lowe, I am watching the guy at a table in front of me who has ordered a large bowl of penne and eaten only half. He pushes the pasta to one side of the bowl and can’t seem to finish it. I can’t bear it. I don’t understand why the waitress doesn’t take it away so we can all go back to enjoying the show.

DAY 2

You know how if you used to drink a lot at parties, and then you stop, you suddenly realize how stupid drunk people sound at parties? That’s how I am about food today. I can’t believe how many people say “I’m starving!” The truth is we are not actually starving when we say we are starving. I know this because
I’m not “starving” and I am essentially starving. The downside of this new enlightened me is that I am becoming one of those women I hate -- the ones who say food is not that important to them and who begin their sentences with “The truth is ...”

I did pass an important test tonight. I had my first dinner out without having dinner. I had hot mint tea (which is sanctioned) while my friends has Italian. My profound thought for the evening was this: Maybe conversation is like food. Maybe it can be just as satisfying. But then the food came and I remembered: Conversation is not like food. Food is like food. Food is like eggplant parmigiana.

DAY 3

OK, it’s not about weight loss, but I have lost 6 pounds! My only complaint is that I am not being very productive. I spent most of my time enjoying my new favorite pastime: trying on clothes that didn’t fit the day before.

DAY 4

I lost another pound! I must figure out how to see the maximum number of people at this present and probably unsustainable weight. My friend Mark invites me to a Yankees game. Perfect. Yankee stadium. Sold-out game; 56,000 people. Maybe I’ll get on the Jumbotron! By the second inning, though, I realize that baseball games are not about baseball; they are about hot dogs and beer.

I didn’t bring any of my lemonade, mainly because I didn’t want to explain to some humorless guard that I had a ‘special drink’ in my water bottle. So I drink water for the first nine innings, but by the eighth extra inning (Oakland A’s, August 9, 2002; look it up if you want), I am wondering, What would one Cracker Jack do? Mark bought a box and gave me his prize. I thought: Maybe prizes are like food. But this prize was just a sticker. I am disappointed; almost depressed. I deeply wanted something three dimensional, like a ring. Or a Cracker Jack.

DAY 5

I am not only surviving this fast, today I make it through a Spin class. Then I go out for sushi without having sushi, and sushi is my favorite. I am extremely impressed with myself.

DAY 6

I have lost 9 pounds! I ask friends over to watch Sex and the City and tell them to bring whatever they want to eat. Nobody brings anything. They ate beforehand in deference to my fast. Except for Mark -- the same Mark who ate a box of Cracker Jacks in front of me. He ordered pizza.

DAY 7

Today, continuing to see as many people as possible at this weight, I went to Madison Square Garden for a Bruce Springsteen concert. Not only did I survive the concert and a four-tiered tower of shellfish without eating a bite, but I also made it through running into an ex-boyfriend. The kicker: I didn’t sleep with him! We went back to my place and just ... caught up. Profound discovery of the evening: If I can sit in a restaurant and not eat, I can sit in my apartment with my ex and not have sex.

DAY 8

I am down to my “Hey, baby!” weight. I know this because I was walking down the street and a construction worker said, “Hey, baby!” Apparently, for women there’s baby weight and then there’s “Hey, baby!” weight. The only side effect I’m suffering is trouble getting to sleep. And I need sleep, because tomorrow I am beaming my skinny self across America. Yes, in an amazing coincidence of timing, I was asked to be on The Early Show to discuss a story I wrote.

DAY 9

The bad news: I only got four hours of sleep. That’s the thing about The Early Show -- it’s very early. The good news: I have lost 10 pounds! The camera, however, adds 10 pounds, so I figure I’m even.

DAY 10

It’s now all about the weight. How to keep it off. How to keep my cheekbones. The booklet says 10 days is the minimum fast, but you can go up to 40. I consider this, which leads to my final profound thought: There are things from which we can abstain and things we can’t. Food, yes. Sex with an ex, yes. Obsessing about our weight, no.

I decide not to continue the fast, because I did what I set out to do, and I am not Ghandi. I’m pretty sure Ghandi didn’t jump on the scale and shout “Woo hoo!”

###

Old 08-20-2003, 04:01 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori42
Stats: 144/128/125
WOE: Moderate carb, whole foods
Start Date: May 2003
LilOleBelle~

I find preparing dinner the hardest. The other meals are not such a big deal, but dinner is something I never missed! lol

I don't plan on doing the full 30 days I'm just seeing how my body does and hopefully it'll clean up its act real soooon. That chicken broth is sounding real good about now!

Boy, I've never posted so much

I really look forward to everyone's posts. I honestly don't think I would have came this far without ya.

Kimmer: I usually never taste while cooking either. And as for holidays I usually eat less than normal. Water's getting on my nerves right about now! As I sip my water while typing....

Lori
Old 08-20-2003, 04:20 PM   #130
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Island Blue
Start Date: 4/17/03
DAY 3

[COLOR=blue]Today has gone by faster, thank the Lord. I'm missing food. I've had a couple hunger rumblings, but I was so busy I wouldn't have eaten right then even if I weren't fasting. By the time I had time to think about it, they were gone.

Mouth tastes ucky. Wierd. Not really bad, a bit metallic but not really awful. Not "poop" - like. Or at least not yet!

My urine was really dark just now, and I haven't been going as often today. But I haven't drunk as much water since I've been super busy/active today at work. I feel dryish in the back of my mouth on the sides, I probably need to drink more. I just am not thirsty today.

My back hurts, but I've been moving furniture and packed boxes all day.

Has anyone (or is anyone thinking of doing it) done a sauna or steam bath? I'm thinking a 15 minute spell with maybe a jacuzzi afterwards might help not only the detox process but my aching back this afternoon.

Also - KIMMER - I've read up on skin brushing. Interesting, if not a little "out there." - but hey, I'm fasting for the first time in my life, I'm open to ideas! Can you get the brush anywhere, or is it a special item off the internet or some overpriced holistic boutique? Also, do you brush in the shower or dry-brush?

I'm really ready to go home. Tough day at work today. I had a couple moments of light-head (wispy brain fog?) but otherwise feel remarkably normal.

My encouragement to all fasters - posters and lurkers alike![/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Please pray for our troops, freedom isn't free[/COLOR]
Old 08-20-2003, 04:41 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Island Blue~

Hi~
I'm not Kimmer but I thought I'd jump in about the skin brushing! You can get one for under $5 at Wal-Mart. It should be natural bristles and will have a long, wooden handle (that can come off).
I skin brush before I take a shower--so you do it dry, no water.
I start with my feet in circular motions and work up my leg. When I'm done with both legs I do my stomach and lower back, then I do my arms and upper back.
I love skin brushing! It makes my skin very smooth and I think the cellulite is less noticable. lol
Perhaps Kimmer or someone else can tell you more.
Hth,
Lori
(boy, I'm chatty tonight! )
Old 08-20-2003, 05:29 PM   #132
Seriouslyme

Gallery: Seriouslyme
Quote:
Originally posted by Kimmer
The entire Challenge is a personal experience for everyone. Some are doing enemas/colonics, taking medications, using lemon, having broth/juice ... and some aren't. If you think the "E" word is a good idea, have one on us!
Well Kimmer, maybe you shouldn't have offered that she have one ON us...

Old 08-20-2003, 05:38 PM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
I bought a brush at Kroger ($2.99) and I brushed in a nice bubble bath. I may be doing it wrong, but it made my skin noticably softer. I also use a glove I got at Target to exfoliate my face. It's amazing what a difference it makes. Especially now, since I'm turning into a pizza face! Still not hungry, though
Old 08-20-2003, 05:43 PM   #134
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Re: Island Blue~

Quote:
Originally posted by Lori42
Hi~
I'm not Kimmer but I thought I'd jump in about the skin brushing! You can get one for under $5 at Wal-Mart. It should be natural bristles and will have a long, wooden handle (that can come off).
I skin brush before I take a shower--so you do it dry, no water.
I start with my feet in circular motions and work up my leg. When I'm done with both legs I do my stomach and lower back, then I do my arms and upper back.
I love skin brushing! It makes my skin very smooth and I think the cellulite is less noticable. lol
Perhaps Kimmer or someone else can tell you more.
Hth,
Lori
(boy, I'm chatty tonight! )
[COLOR=blue] Thanks Lori. The info I read said you can do it dry or wet. I think I'll go shopping with all my "extra" time - oh wait, DD back in college = NO $$$$!!![/COLOR]
Old 08-20-2003, 06:08 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Your welcome, Island Blue!
Happy shopping.
Lori
Old 08-20-2003, 11:22 PM   #136
Seriouslyme

Hi All...

I am AGAIN! so inspired by the spirit, strength, and helpfulness of everyone here. I love us!

Island, I took a 1/2 hour sauna before a colonic on my 11th (if I recall) day of fasting. I was sooooooooo nauseous, that I couldn't have the heat too high. But it felt good to do it.

Brushing! I do this all the time, but when I do it while I am fasting, it feels so so so so good. I get the itchies at times during the fast, probably from a constant detox through the skin, and a shower/brushing is such a treat!

I STILL (ugh) have a headache. Really achey. Hurts. At first I thought it was heat, or maybe lack of water. But it is prob detox. I won't take tylenol or such unless tomorrow at work it affects my ability to function. It is pretty bad. waaaaaa, ,can't I detox without da pain and discomfort??

I am not hungry....SHS=0

My skin is getting oily. I like it for my legs...but not for my face. I 'glow'

Someone (sorry forgot who) asked about drinking tea. I did drink tea about 5 days into my last fast, because I just was so nauseated. It did help...but whether it was physical or mental, I don't know.

I did get into detox much faster this time, and went to no hunger faster too.

Oppps. As I write this, my tummy is upset. Well, BENIFICIAL detox. Right? Right! (I will think positively!).

Old 08-20-2003, 11:25 PM   #137
Seriouslyme

Still...day 3

Oh, and Allison, thanks for info on blood sugar levels. Interesting. So you are testing ok during your fast?

'See' ya all in a few hours.

Old 08-20-2003, 11:31 PM   #138
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

DAY 3

Well, I don't know what to tell you all. My hunger is at a 10. Hard pains with lots of gurgling, both in my tummy and in the back of my throat. I mean real hunger. It's been going on for almost 6 hours.

I also think I'm definitely headed for a raging bladder infection. Symptoms are increasing.

I'm off to bed. I don't know if I can do this. If I have to go on antibiotics, what's the point? Other than an icky mouth, I am showing no signs of detox or ketosis. Other than the UTI symptoms & raging hunger pains, nothing else is different. I don't think fasting and antibiotics are a good mix...

Any thoughts?
Old 08-20-2003, 11:36 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Ugh, I can't get to sleep yet again tonight!!!!
Is it just me, or does everyone have this problem??

I also, have a bounding headache, that doesn't want to stoppp

But I'm hanginggggggggggggggg

Not really hunry anymore, maybe tempted by watching my family eat, and smelling it ??!!

No pimples, no oily skin, face ect.!!!
Nothing REALLY....
Does that sound right?
Should I be having these things?

Just wondering......

Well, let me see what else, I can come up with to do, so I can try and get tired. so tired that I just fall into a DEEP sleep.....HA! HA!

Always Belle
Old 08-20-2003, 11:49 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Island Blue

Hiya

I'm really not sure what to tell ya, except, that you have to listen to your body.. You know it better then anyone else...
RIGHT !!!!

You have to do what is RIGHT or you, your body your state of mind...
Does that make sence?

I'm still trying to decide if I'm REALLY hungry, or if its just the idea that my family is eating and I'm not..
Does that make sence..?
Kinda of a mind over matter thing, I guess you would say...

I have been fighting all day a Little Debbies Pecan Pie, very small, that my husband bought for me as a treat, before he knew I was fasting.
But its still in the ice box and I haven't touched it....
He buys me little things like that once in awhile, and I leave them sitting, till he eats them himself..
I almost never want it, but this time, its like that pie is calling my name, even foods that I don't really like, seem to be caling my name, ad I think, oh my, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what do you guys think, about that???
Pure and Unlimited Honestyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Always Belle

Last edited by LilOleBelle; 08-20-2003 at 11:50 PM..
Old 08-21-2003, 12:34 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

LORD WHEN ALL AROUND ME LOOKS DARK, REMIND ME THE BRIDGE OF HOPE WILL CARRY ME OVER THE PRESENT TROUBLES, INTO THE FUTURE, YOU HAVE PROMISED. AMEN

Always Belle
Old 08-21-2003, 12:46 AM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Freesia
Stats: finally .. . .
WOE: love myself
Kimmer: My “Hey, baby!” Weight
by Cindy Chupack, Executive Producer of Sex and the City

thanks for posting this article -- it is too, too funny!

Hey LilOleBelle! Hiya doing?

Peace
Roe
Old 08-21-2003, 03:38 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

LilOleBelle~

I can relate about sleeping--not too well that is! This is the beginning of Day 4 for me (down another 1 1/2 lbs.--now I'm 126 1/2) and I take a looong time to go to sleep and wake up at least once (to pee!) and it takes a looong time to go back to sleep. My legs are aching alot. I've decided not to exercise during this fast (don't really have the energy for it) so it's not that.

I may be breaking my fast today. We have to car travel and visit family for a celebration (an Italian family!! This means FOOD!) and I don't know if or how to get through it fasting without telling them which I don't want to(I know they'd freak out).
I'll keep you posted.

Hang in there everyone!

Lori
Old 08-21-2003, 03:44 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Island Blue~

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. I know my hunger level was about an 8 on Day 2 and it was tough (especially having to cook for everyone! lol). But if you do have an infection and need antibiotics perhaps it would be best to take care of this first and try the fast at a later date??

I'm no expert on fasting (Kimmer where are you? YooHoo we need you!) unless this is part of the detox?? I don't know.

I just wanted to sympathize with you!

Let us know how you're doing.

Lori
Old 08-21-2003, 05:02 AM   #145

Gallery:
Day 4

Day 1 136.0
Day 2 133.5
Day 3 130.5
Day 4 128.0

Have to admit I'm surprised on the 8 pound weight loss because I was at goal before the fast. Naturally 2.5 pounds since yesterday is still water weight. How much water could I have, LOL?

What happened to my deep sleep? Went to bed at 11 pm, woke up at 3:30 am! I feel very clear headed (ahhhh, that mental clarity I was waiting for -- quick, how do I bottle it?)

I would guess I've lost an actual 3 pounds of fat, but combined with the water, my arms and legs feel so firm! The fat on my hips, however is getting wiggly (I experienced this during my weight loss phase on Atkins, it's almost like the fat is softening to melt ).

Still very unhappy drinking water. Maybe it's the carbonation I'm missing?

Old 08-21-2003, 05:17 AM   #146

Gallery:
Re: DAY 3

Island, wasn't your urine dark from Day 1 or 2? That's too soon for detox to have caused it and with the burning ... I think you ought to get it checked. If you need antibiotics, you could still continue detoxing but it would be a little different. Detox also comes from having 0 calories so your body focuses on repair. With antibiotics, your body will have to deal with that, but you'll continue with weight loss and detoxing via melted body fat. You might also need to take some acidophilus capsules to replace your intestinal bacteria when you're done (antibiotics kill the "good" bacteria too). Don't take a chance on your health, if you think you have a UTI, go to the doc.

My tummy was rumbling again last night. Two glasses of water and it shut up. IMO, since I wasn't in ketosis before the fast and had replaced the glycogen in my liver, this is my body's way of saying "hey, where's the sugar (carbs) at?" Ditto for Induction on Atkins. Kinda like a last ditch plea?

Skin brushing? I'm no expert, but I thought it was to be with a dry natural bristled brush. I also bought mine at Target (the wooden backbrush kind where the top detaches). I brush for about 30 seconds before my shower. It feels good! Prickly, but good!

Hi Seriously!

Old 08-21-2003, 05:37 AM   #147
poupounne

Gallery: poupounne
Good morning everyone! Went to bed last nght around 8 pm just about the same time I put my daughter to bed , men I have been a witch all day feel bad for my DD the heacdache never let go yesterday , so I try to read my book my eyes hurt too much even the t.v. bother me...this morning my body ache ,like sore, not like working out but sore all over. My water taste so bad and like you all ,I keep brushing that thong, like it has it's own climate there I don't know how you guys do it but I'M HUNGRY even this morning from 1-10 it'sa 10 And yes I do drink my water and my pipi smell bad so I guess there is a little bit of detox there ( sorry to much detail) Lukely my DH came late last nght so I did't have to cook but I do find it hard even to cook for my little one....beginning of day 2, thanks for the encouragement and the great post from every body (down 2 pounds this morning 120)

Old 08-21-2003, 05:48 AM   #148
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Day 4: down a total of 9 lbs. My pepperoni face has already cleared up! I think I had it for a total of 12 hours. I never had acne as a teenager, only as an adult when I developed PCOS. I'm not complaining.

I'm a little tired, but I fell asleep at my usual time (11:00), and woke up at my regular time (6:15). No headaches, no blahs except for feeling tired, no hunger at all. I did snap at my darling husband this morning when he said he didn't know where his Atkins candy bars were (we were packing his lunch and he loses even eating all of that stuff ). I apologized.

I cut the grass in my front and back yards last night, and pulled alot of weeds from the pond area and my flower beds. That really wiped me out, so I'm retiring from those jobs!

My blood glucose was at 56 this morning, which is probably why I feel so tired. But I always feel great by mid-morning.

Hang in there everybody!

Last edited by AllisonB; 08-21-2003 at 07:44 AM..
Old 08-21-2003, 06:31 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

30 Day Detox

Hi Guys,
It's day two for me. I lost a lb. I felt so tired yesterday. I never nap but took a 1 hr one yesterday and laid around most of the day reading and watching TV. I had a dull headache all day but I think it is coffee withdrawal. I cut down the week before the fast but had my last cup Tuesday. That's the only thing I really miss. I wasn't hungry at all. I took a laxative the day before the fast to clean myself out. The last fast I was on for 2 weeks I never had a bowel movement the whole time because I cleaned myself out before I started. My blood sugar is normal also (106).
Old 08-21-2003, 06:33 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

30 Day Detox

Sorry, I forgot to post my stats.
8/19/03 129
8/20/03 128