Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2003, 10:52 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LilOleBelle
Stats: UCK !!!!
WOE: Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: T O S O !!!!!
Hiya All You Crazy Loonssssssssssssssss!!!!!
AllisonB
Kimmer
Nicurn70
Jandonald
Pooh13
Lovinatkins
Island Blue
CLM
Stefl2017
143zt

And EVERYONE, else that follows ........
Well, today is day **2** for me, and I had a crappy night, didn't sleep well at all, but hopefully tonight I will.....
So far, everything is alrigh, drinking that water, brushing those teeth, and praying to get through this.....

I haven't weighted, I want to wait till Friday and see what I weigh then, after a full week of not weighing and fasting...
Besides, I really don't like the scale...
And I don't think it likes me anyways......

Kimmer, I think you might of been speaking of the lady named LadyBug, that was posting on the LC MY WAY Challenge thread..
I use to love to read her posts and have often wondered where she went....
But thanks, for thinking it was me...

O'KAY, HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We CAN DO IT
We CAN DO IT
FASTING
FASTING
ITS OUR THING
We Are Going To Do It With A
B A N G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always Belle

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2003, 11:33 AM   #62

Gallery:
LilOleBelle, you're right, it was LadyBugg! Belle/Bugg, at least you were in good company! She was such a positive person!

143, to be honest, I'm not real strong on water fasting to lose the last 20 pounds. I know it depends on your bone structure, but 145 for 5'7" sounds like goal weight. You don't want to harm yourself, ya know? In my thread on the main BB "Interviews with Dr. Atkins" he says he expects 3-4 pounds a week on Induction, maybe trying that? When you're at goal weight, eating "healthy" isn't enough, it has to be low carb up to your personal carb level so you don't gain.

Old 08-19-2003, 11:56 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 143zt
Thanks for ur concern Kimmer..but I need this method to get my appetite under control in order to lose wight...do u think it CAn be done with the fast...I have actually gained weight on the Atkins method.so this needs to end..adn I Think the fasting method will help...
Do u think I could lose 20 lbs with this mehtod?
Thnks
Old 08-19-2003, 12:01 PM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
143zt, I think your appetite needs to be under control in order to do a fast. If you've gained weight by low carbing, you weren't doing it correctly. I also second what Kimmer said about, well, everything.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:24 PM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: GApeach23
Stats: 207.2/195.6/160 5'8"
WOE: Tried and True.....Atkins
Start Date: Re-started Jan. 2, 2012
Hello everyone,

Just checking in briefly, you know my official start day isn't until Thursday, but yesterday afternoon I started with a sore throat which quickly became, very stuffy nose, headache, watery eyes and cough during the night. I only got 2 hours of sleep and I feel like pure chit, very whinny and I usually don't whine, but this is my first cold in about 3 years and my first summer cold in about 7 years, so wwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhiinnnnnnnne.

Anyway, hoping to still start Thursday, since my appetite is gone already~~~~LOL.

I saw some of you mention LadyBug, she use to be on the pregnancy thread with my sister SusieQ12, but she hasn't heard from her lately either, my sis thinks she had her baby at the end of April.

Good luck to everyone getting through the day.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:42 PM   #66
poupounne

Gallery: poupounne
Hi everyone I have on DDr.Atikins for couple years been maintening pretty good withins 5 pounds or so but would love to detox with fasting, anything I should do to prep for tomorow? do you all still use face lotion ? Good luck for every body!

Old 08-19-2003, 01:23 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

O'kay EVERYONE, stop that crying and get that WATER down......
Drink!!!!! Drink!!!!

Always Belle
Old 08-19-2003, 01:31 PM   #68
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Island Blue
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/17/03
DAY 2

Made it through lunch from Chipotle. Claimed I was too hot and icky to eat. They were highly skeptical. Don't know how much longer I can pull off not telling them. I may claim new diet patterns and that I'm doing smaller meals - it's the truth, it's just that I'm consuming WATER for my meals.

Still feel okay. Hunger ranges from a 0 to a 2 maybe. More like an "emtpy" feeling than real hunger pangs like yesterday. I also have a vague slight metallic taste in my mouth, not bad enough to be annoying.

I did "go" this morning after posting. I think I'll wait and see what happens.

I'm also a little light-headed. Kinda "detached" feeling.

[COLOR=blue]Please pray for our troops, freedom isn't free[/COLOR]
Old 08-19-2003, 01:42 PM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stefi2107
My mouth tastes like poop..... well I've never actually tasted poop but I imagine that this is what it tastes like! On a scale of 1 - 10 how is my hunger pains i'm saying about a 35. haha Just kidding. Maybe earlier they were but I just sipped on my water and I'm feeling great! Very alert and ready to go. Speaking of ready to go. I'm ready to go and do something! Talk to you all soon!

STef
Old 08-19-2003, 02:35 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

UCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
My sons are making snacks, pizza and other things...............
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The smell

Is it possible that we can gain weight,by smellinggggggggggggg

O'kay, STOP, THINK, Get A GRIPppppppppppppppppppppp

Where is that WATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Always Belle

IF I NEVER HAVE THE COURAGE TO FINISH
I'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT WINNING REALLY FEELS LIKE

Last edited by LilOleBelle; 08-19-2003 at 04:23 PM..
Old 08-19-2003, 03:10 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Divinity
Stats: 250/233.6/150 (for now)
WOE: K/E or Kimkins...or THE BEST I CAN DO lol
Start Date: 6/13/07
Okay...I've whined and complained in another post....I thought I'd spare you guys. Anyway, I've got to get my life back on track, so I intend to start tomorrow. I was weighed at Curves today and was a whopping 215lbs instead of the 195 I thought I was....but I'm done crying about it. Can't wait to join you tomorrow. Congrats on almost finishing another day
Old 08-19-2003, 03:34 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

O'kay, where is that Whooshhhhhh Fairyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Always Belle
Old 08-19-2003, 04:07 PM   #73

Gallery:
Stefi, glad you don't know that for a fact, LOL! I have "ketosis mouth" too and I'm standing back a bit when I talk to people!

It's 4 pm and I feel tired (like "wouldn't a nap feel good now"). My right foot is beginning to hurt a bit on top. I had a stress fracture last year and the metatarsils (sp?) cracked. Every few months it swells again, like something didn't heal right. Maybe this is part of the detox -- or maybe my shoe's too tight, LOL?

My 'lubricated' eyes were stinging at lunchtime (like smog), but now they're back to feeling great!

I also have an "empty" feeling. Not full, not hungry, just OK. How much longer do I have to drink this ... water? At least I've stopped glaring at it, LOL!

Belle, are your sons making snakes or shakes?

Poupounne, I think everyone pretty did their own version of prepping before the fast. I didn't do anything special except buy a new toothbruth and a body brush for skin brushing. I'm using facial moisturizer and antiperspirant because, well ... because.

Divinity, welcome to our thread of "floaters"!!!

Old 08-19-2003, 04:27 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Kimmer
Yikesssssssssssssssssssssss
Nope, my boys were makng SNACKS, and PIZZA....
Pizza, do you hear mee??????

Seee

Look what not having food has done to meeeeeee???!!!~~~~

Always belle
Old 08-19-2003, 05:11 PM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

It's 8PM and I'm tired. I had a headache this morning (I think I forgot to mention that in my first post), and I started feeling kind of "empty" late this afternoon.

I made my hubby a kick-ass dinner and still have a 0 on Seriouslyme's hunger scale. Amazingly, I have not had any hunger pains whatsoever. He noted that I feed him alot better when I'm not eating I just tested my blood glucose and it's 63. Pre-lowcarb I would have been ecstatic to have a reading of 163
Old 08-19-2003, 05:29 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

O'kay, cooking for the family here....
I need supporttttttttt...................

Where is everyone attttt???

Feeling something, not sure if its a empty feeling or I need food feeing?????

Always Belle
Old 08-19-2003, 08:39 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Divinity
Stats: 250/233.6/150 (for now)
WOE: K/E or Kimkins...or THE BEST I CAN DO lol
Start Date: 6/13/07
Lil Ole Bell,

You're usually everyone's cheerleader and it looks like you could use some support

It's not an "I need food" feeling, it's an "I want food" feeling. You're interrupting a very deeply formed habit. THAT'S A GOOD THING. To coin a phrase "this too shall pass". Here's what I do, I imagine myself waking up in the morning, realizing I didn't succumb to that illusive feeling that tried to make me think I needed food....and pat myself on the back for acknowleding and working through the feeling. YOU'LL BE SO PROUD OF YOURSELF. Also imagine all those toxins racing out of your body, leaving good clean cells behind and how your body is THANKING you for giving it such a gift! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this helps

"Do not wait for your ship to come in,
get in your boat and row out."

~Thou in me art Inspiration, Revelation and Illumination~
Old 08-19-2003, 09:09 PM   #78

Gallery:
Belle, I do the same as Divinity. Not just for the fast, but when I want something I shouldn't have. I think, "if I wait, tomorrow I'll be LESS" -- and it works.

Your body wants food, it's much EASIER that way. This is why people go through carb withdrawal on Atkins -- the headaches, tiredness, energy slump -- their body wants carbs because it's so easy to use. Some people will go ahead and have more carbs, feel better, and claim "their body needed the carbs", and that isn't true. Their body wanted "easy" and got it.

For fasting, it's the same thing. I'm not hungry now, but I'm restless. It's amazing how much time we spend dealing with food. When you don't have it, suddenly you have an extra 1-2 hours a day on your hands, not to mention different habits.

Dr. Phil says nobody breaks a habit. You simply replace one behavior with another. His example was someone who quits smoking has to replace that time with something else. He says a person will be more successful if they already have a "plan".

Well, this is wayyyyy, too much talking. See how much time I have on MY hands now, LOL?

Old 08-19-2003, 09:26 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Divinity & Kimmer

THANKS SO VERY HHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eveything that you guys said makes so much sence to me, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul, for being there or me !!!!!
It has helped me so much.....

Always Belle
Old 08-19-2003, 09:28 PM   #80
Seriouslyme

Gallery: Seriouslyme
Day 2

Hi y'all.

Gosh, so many engaged in the fasting process. I just got home, and read everyone's posts here. I just love reading how the fast is going for others, it makes it sooooo much easier for me! I feel as tho, yep, there are others who understand!

I am extremely tired, which happens to me on fasts...I get worn out and ready for bed about 4 hours earlier than normal. I slept 'hard' last night...one second head on the pillow, the next second opened my eyes to see that my alarm was ready to ring.

I am 0 on da physical hunger scale, (Or as AllisonB calls it...Seriouslyme's Hunger Scale...SHS) but would like to eat. Totally emotional, not hunger. I think I have slammed into ketosis already. Which is nice. The last time I fasted it took me longer, if I recall.

Everyone is kind of goin with the flow I see. I AGAIN had lunch with same colleagues as yesterday...I didn't order, and told them I had a very late breakfast. They hardly paid any attention. I would rather NOT go to lunch with them than say a word about fasting. It is amazing that usually, people are more interested in their own food than what someone else is eating.

The nail polish on my little toe doesn't hurt anymore. Just tired. Check you all later. THINK GOOD THOUGHTS EVERYONE!

Old 08-19-2003, 09:31 PM   #81
Seriouslyme

Excuse all errors in all my posts from here on out, please. Too...tired, ..., to edit.......must....find...., rest!

Old 08-19-2003, 09:40 PM   #82

Gallery:
Seriouslyme, ditto on the sleep thing. Last night I fell asleep about 1.5 hours earlier than usual and could NOT believe when the clock said 5:30 a.m. -- no! Couldn't be! I just went to sleep!

This is only Day 2 and I have a couple of tiny whiteheads near my chin. Huh? Never had one in my life. OK, detox, have at it.

We also have lurking fasters, who prefer to remain anonymous. Hi to you all!

Old 08-19-2003, 11:08 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Well, here I sit all alone....
Everyone in my house is sleeping, but for the life of me I can't sleep.....

I was thinking about going and having a bubble bath, maybe that will help...

We'll see

Sleep well everyone, see/talk to you guys tomm.

Always Belle

Last edited by LilOleBelle; 08-19-2003 at 11:10 PM..
Old 08-20-2003, 01:04 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goal160
Stats: 234/221/160 b4 pregnancy..........236 to 205 after
WOE: low carb
Start Date: restart- 2/21/07
Hello all......I wanna do this too as i said on the main lobby, but i dont know when.i need to get my "mind right first".Who knows maybe i'll wake up tomorrow andsay what the he** im starting today.im doing it for all reasons but mainly to get some weight off and get motivated........my weight now is 225, and im hoping for at least 7 days, then on to 30 days but we'll see.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:18 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Freesia
Stats: finally .. . .
WOE: love myself
I think what y'all are doing is absolutely awesome. Wish I could join you, but I am doing a 30 day strict KISS challenge.

If y'all do another one, I'll definitely hang out with ya!

Belle: Hiya doing sweetie? You are just the best cheerleader for this thread. It's always great to have someone cheer you on.

Kimmer: I remember following y'all over on the main lobby thread. A lot of people are watching this thread with great interest and respect! I am so impressed with y'all!

Way to go ladies!
Old 08-20-2003, 01:45 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Golly Gezzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks so very much Roe...
I love ya !!!!!!!!!

Always Belle
Old 08-20-2003, 04:58 AM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning of Day 3: Down 1 pound. Fasting (hahahahhaha) blood glucose is 75. I think that is the first time in my life I can say that is a 100% accurate FBG

I have also determined that there is a difference between "tired" and "sleepy". For example, you can be so tired that you can't wait to get into bed, then when you get into bed, you lay there for about 3 hours, until 12:30 AM, unable to fall asleep But I woke up at 6:14, a minute before the alarm went off, and I'm wide awake.

Made breakfast for hubby and it actually made me nauseous, hence the -1 SHS. I do feel peaceful, my tongue is more white, my new bottle of Bayer Ketostix registers at "moderate" (halfway between 'trace' and 'large', and my face is slightly oily. My complexion is better though, my red cheeks are now the same color as the rest of my face!
Old 08-20-2003, 05:43 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Day 3
Nothing new to report..
Had a bad night trying to fall alsleep, so I hear you AllisonB!!!!
Weight is moving slow, or I weighed more then what I thought I did...
Yeap, I cheated, I had to check the scale before, Friday.

But, really, that is o'kay because I think, I feel better over all..
No oily skin, or anything...
Tummy, did have cramps, or at least, I think they were cramps....HA! HA!

I had a relaxing Bubble bath last night and scrubbed, and scrubbed, with my loofah sponge.

Wellll, ladies, here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS ALL GET OVER THAT BRIDGE
ONE MORE DAY !!!!!
SHALL WE ??????????????????????

Always Belle
xoxoxoxoxo

Last edited by LilOleBelle; 08-20-2003 at 09:38 AM..
Old 08-20-2003, 05:48 AM   #89
Seriouslyme

Day 3

Hi to ya fascinating fasters! I am exhausted! Hmmmmmm. It is almost 5:30 AM here, and I can't wait to get home and go to bed.

Eyes are scratchy! And the facial oil slick is beginning. Sounds like Kimmer and AllisonB have that starting too. Yes? This is a good thing. Sign that the repairs have begun to some measure. I am glad to see evidence of detox, even if it is uncomfortable. My body is starting work on creating a headache. Nice.

Hey Cheerleader! How ya doin? You made it through some emotions last night sounds like. What is today like for you.

LURKERS! HELLO!!!!! Post if ya feel like it. Love to hear from you. We fasters have a bit more time on our hands than those not fasting. We can ramble on and on and on and on and on, because we have no veggis to buy, scrub, fix, eat, and digest! So if you post and say hi, we get to read it. Ha.

Gotta run. Off to work. Let's see how I do. OH, Allison, can you explain about your blood sugar level readings? What are they, and how do they work? What is a 75? Or a 69?

I will post latah! (Kimmer's got some face break-out...wow, you detox nice!)

SHS....0

Old 08-20-2003, 06:20 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori42
Stats: 144/128/125
WOE: Moderate carb, whole foods
Start Date: May 2003
Hi everyone! A lurker comes out!

Day 3

After reading all your posts and joining this challenge (silently) I've decided to come out and say thanks!
Thanks for doing this and being here.
I'm on day 3 and am in ketosis (dark pink) but hunger is still there (about a 3 now--last night and throughout the day it was an 8).
When does it disappear entirely?
I'm not sleeping too well. Wake alot and have to go pee (sorry too much info! lol). Also having some very violent dreams involving knives, axes, etc. Doesn't frighten me though just wonder if that's part of the detox.
Have metal mouth, white tongue, too. Been sick to my stomach sometimes too. Isn't detox grand?
I'm in this for the detox. I've lost 3 lbs. since starting (I really don't have any to lose--I'm 5'7" and weigh 132 (Monday) now 129).
I just want to feel well. Thanks for listening and all your support.
Lori