Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2003, 04:10 PM   #811
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: GApeach23
Stats: 207.2/195.6/160 5'8"
WOE: Tried and True.....Atkins
Start Date: Re-started Jan. 2, 2012
Hi everyone, haven't been able to check in for a day or two. I did finally break my fast on the 10th day and three extra hours I may add. That last day I just could not hold my head up, never been so tired not even when I was nine months pregnant with a 10 1/2 pound baby, and a week over due~~~~lol.

My "Miracle of Fasting" came ONE day after I broke the fast, wish I could have and tried to hold out until it arrived but just could not do it. I have skimmed the book and the one interesting thing that I ran across was that first time fasters (which I was definately) should NEVER fast for more that 10 days, wasn't able to read on to see if he explained why, but it sure made me feel less of a wuss~~~lol.

Also, while on Atkins my doctor always encouraged me to drink "extra" water to help with the extra protein I would be eating and help flush the fat and ketones, thing is now since I only drank 32-96 oz on the water fast verses the usual 64-128 oz a day on Atkins, I can't seem to get back up to my usual number of ounces, I also had more energy when I was drinking more water. Any suggestions?

My next planned fast will be another 10 day, could go longer second time around though, not sure yet and mine will be November 7th through the 16th, that will give me a little time to break it correctly before Thanksgiving.

Hey Lori and all the other fasters, I'll be checking in on ya'll on the other thread cheering those who may need it like I did, thanks a bunch to each and everyone of you~~~~~~~GApeach.

Last edited by GApeach23; 09-17-2003 at 04:19 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2003, 04:43 PM   #812
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Evangelina, your progress is absolutely amazing! Is ohsque still fasting? Anyone hear from Belle lately?

Isn't it great how many people have tried this and posted their results? And there are probably many more who are just reluctant to post. And no one has dropped dead yet, despite the dire predictions from you-know-where!
Old 09-17-2003, 06:34 PM   #813
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori42
Stats: 144/128/125
WOE: Moderate carb, whole foods
Start Date: May 2003
GApeach23~ Don't forget I'm already planning my next 7 day fast after the new year! I figure it'll be the 3 month mark (after the late Sept/early Oct 7 day fast) and an excellent time to cleanse the body and soul.

I'm so impressed with you for going so long! I can't wait to do mine. It'll be next week already (well the end of the week). Yes!!

Are you all ready to go for 7 days?? I am!
Talk to you tomorrow on the new thread.

Lori
Old 09-17-2003, 08:28 PM   #814
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nady
Everyone~ I'm stating a new thread tonight~ Calling it *Make It Fast* for lack of another name~ maybe we can decide on that later~ I want to post the links in the first post, so everyone interested has them.
~~~N
Old 09-17-2003, 09:14 PM   #815
zoli

Gallery: zoli
new believer

wow. some things seem to happen by more than just coincidence, you know? i've completely fallen off the atkins wagon after doing really well for so long- and have been in a two week cycle of deliberate abuse of food. i started reading up on stillman's and encountered the first few ideas about fasting... and specifically, its the idea of detoxifying that appeals more than anything. I've just been feeling crappy crappy crappy. Also, getting rid of the salt-heightened bloat I am experiencing won't feel so bad either! =)

the links in kimmer's first post are amazing... I've been reading them for two days straight now. I would like to join tomorrow and just wanted to introduce myself to you all.

going thru major major transition in my life and having all former routines be upset feels like starting over. i would love to start over with food habits as well. send me any advice you can think of because I'm a little nervous about the opposition I am going to face as more and more people start realizing what I am about to do. thanks alot! zoli

150/139/120
5'5"

Old 09-17-2003, 09:36 PM   #816

Gallery:
Quote:
Originally posted by AllisonB
And no one has dropped dead yet, despite the dire predictions from you-know-where!
Not even one emergency room drama! Darn we're boring!!!

OK gang, so what's the new group name or will there be two for different goals?

I'm so incredibly proud of ALL of you! Kicking rump and takin' names!

Old 09-17-2003, 10:27 PM   #817
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nady
I started a new thread~ **Make It Fast** just to get us going~ Maybe we can chose a new name that includes everyone~ Those not fasting can still come in and offer support~ those doing 1 day or several day fasts could join in~ a sort of one for all~ kind of like this thread! What do you all think?
~~~N
Old 09-18-2003, 04:31 AM   #818
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Locked at the request of the original poster