Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2003, 06:42 PM   #661
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Gwn - regarding your cavity, I think you're on to something! We should try Bloodletting as our next challenge! That should get the PG rocking

Seriouslyme - I think my belly is a water balloon, too! I was so happy that my stomach was flattening while fasting, now it's back to being, shall we say, "round".

Kimmer - thanks for the info on the licorice, I knew it sounded too good to be true

I'm going to start the 36-Hour fast on Sunday, is anyone else planning to do it?

handicapped, Cinder, Nady and everyone else - you are great, I love reading your posts.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2003, 06:47 PM   #662
lovinatkins

Gallery: lovinatkins
Allison- I am going to fast Sunday night thru Tues a.m. as well! So I will check in and see how you are!

Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM   #663

Gallery: Kose
Quote:
Originally posted by Kimmer
Kose, when I "Diet Coke" fasted for 45 days I lost 67 pounds. I weighed about 215 and regained 10 water pounds at the end.

BTW, that 'fast' started off as the Last Chance Diet by Dr. Marc Linn. It was the popular "liquid protein" diet of the early 80s. Actress Valerie Harper lost 45 pounds doing it then. Trouble is, the liquid protein is sooooo horrible, I started gagging after a couple of days. In my mind it didn't seem that I was actually doing anything important by drinking it (I didn't understand about protein grams then), so I stopped. I wasn't a water drinker then (still not, some things don't change!) so I drank Diet Coke. I was fasting PURELY for weight loss. The idea of "detox" would have sent me running in the opposite direction as some weirdo cult idea (hmmmm, where have we heard that before, LOL?)

Kose, are you taking vitamins or supplements? How much do you have to lose?
kimmer, i'm taking a multivitamin pill everyday and i'm not doing for weight loss because i'm only about 10 pounds away from my goal weight.

i will stop fasting when natural hunger returns and will do atkins after that.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:07 PM   #664
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Gwn - regarding your cavity, I think you're on to something! We should try Bloodletting as our next challenge! That should get the PG rocking

ROFLMAO!!!
Old 09-06-2003, 01:00 AM   #665
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Island Blue
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/17/03
Quote:
Originally posted by AllisonB
[COLOR=blue]NO LEECHES!! EWWWWWWWWW! Not even to P/O the PG will I entertain the notion of LEECHES!!![/COLOR]
Old 09-06-2003, 01:06 AM   #666
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

HELLLOOOOOOOOO FASTERS!

[COLOR=blue]Kose - you're doing great! I know there was some "controversy" but it was all semantics. We're behind you! Listen to your body, and treat yourself gently.

Belle, Kimmer, Serious - Good to "see" you!

Gwn, lovin, Allison, Cinder, Nady, Evangeline, Ohs, sparrow, windee, h/c91 - you ROCK!

I'm in a kerfuffle (any Canucks here?). I have a dinner thing Monday night, and I'm going up to visit DD Tuesday (so there will DEFINITELY be food involved - "starving" college student!!!). Then a lunch meeting on Wednesday. Hmmmmmmm, why is my life interferring with my FASTING?????

So - all 36ers - I guess I could do a Wednesday evening through Friday afternoon. Anybody in?

When does the next longer fast start - who was talking about late September?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Please pray for our troops, freedom isn't free[/COLOR]

Last edited by Island Blue; 09-06-2003 at 01:09 AM..
Old 09-06-2003, 06:22 AM   #667
lovinatkins

Gallery: lovinatkins
I must agree about the leeches. There are tow things that I can't abide and that's leeches and ticks. ARGH!!! They are SO DISGUSTING. I am not a girly girl as far as being freaked out by stuff, snakes are fine, spiders'll do, but leaches and ticks gimme the willies..... brrrrrr

Old 09-06-2003, 06:37 AM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori42
Stats: 144/128/125
WOE: Moderate carb, whole foods
Start Date: May 2003
Quote:
[B]Gwn - regarding your cavity, I think you're on to something! We should try Bloodletting as our next challenge! That should get the PG rocking
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Lori
Old 09-06-2003, 06:42 AM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

Re: HELLLOOOOOOOOO FASTERS!

Quote:
Originally posted by Island Blue
[COLOR=blue]

When does the next longer fast start - who was talking about late September?[/COLOR]
That was me Island Blue. I haven't looked at my calender yet but I will and set a date. Let me know if you have any specific date in mind.

Had no computer yesterday due to a WORM! It's ok now but sheesh I missed all of you!

My 36 hour weekly fasts will be from Monday night till Wednesday morning. Nady I don't know when we should start a new thread. This one's getting realllly long!

Hi everybody! You're all doing sooo great. I love reading about how you all feel and are doing. Keep it up.

Lori
Old 09-06-2003, 07:31 AM   #670
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: handicapped91
Start Date: 6/9/03
30 Day Detox

Hi Guys,
I lost a lb this morning. (122). I ate a lot yesterday but it was all induction foods. Island Blue I am doing my 36 hr fast every week from Wednesday night to Friday morning so I am with you.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:06 AM   #671
Seriouslyme

Gallery: Seriouslyme
Yep, I'll sign up for the late September for 7 or so days if there are people who are going to do it en mass. I like the support.

Headache today and no fasting. Hmmmmmm.

Old 09-06-2003, 09:11 AM   #672
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nady
Good Morning Everyone!

Yes~ count me in for a 36er, starting Sun. night. I was thinking we could a weekly thread just for the short term fasts~ 24 to 36 hours~ for anyone who wants to try a shorter fast before committing to a longer one and for those who want to incorporate a one day fast into their regular weekly regime.

I plan on doing at least one 36er, probably 2 a week~ it really is easier for me to just eat nothing for a day, than try to stick to reduced portions~ plus, I still have some detoxing to do~ still have some eczema and a few other signs that my body needs a good housecleaning.

Kimmer~ I remember trying that *Last Chance Diet* Wasn't that liquid protein awful? Tasted like cherry flavored horse hoofs

Everyone have a great week-end! You're all doing so great!
~~~N
Old 09-06-2003, 10:37 AM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ohsque
Stats: 262 | 260 | 180
WOE: simply low carb...
Start Date: 08/26/2013
Day 12

Day 12 for me... not sure if I should continue counting down, however, I am still fasting ... I've sipped a half cup of ckn broth yesterday... and the day before- but the rest has been water.

anywhoo...until I eat solids again, I shall call it fasting- cause I can!

I still never regainned full energy during my 12 days.. this bothers me much. I've read where some of you felt energized- but me, I am dead to go. Sure, I can function, I work my butt off at work- but I can't give it the 110% that I ususally do. I have to sit down and take an occassional rest- as if I'm overcoming the flu or something- building up my strenght.... could this be my body detoxing in some way?

I had serious heartburn again last night- so I folded and took a Tums- I know, a no-no- but heck it was 3am and I needed some sleep- of course, sleep is another problem I'm having- I don't think I've had a decents night sleep in these 2 weeks. My legs are totally restless and I just can't get comfortable...plus I'm wide awake-even after a day of working 11-12 hours!

I researched this and found that toxins can flow to the lower legs and *settle* soo I've been propping them up on pillows these past few nights- which have allowed to get some rest.

I'm gonna chicken broth again today, along with water, and tea. By tonight, I might add some chicken pieces to the broth.... we'll see how I am feeling.

I was down 1/2 pound today- bringing me to a total of 26.5- and sooooo very close to ONEderland! but I'm expecting to bounce back up alittle bit in weight as I add foods.....

THanks for letting me share.

Old 09-06-2003, 11:16 AM   #674
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: handicapped91
Start Date: 6/9/03
30 Day Detox

Hi Osque,
I had the same problems as you when I did my 7 day fast. I was very tired the whole time and never got clear headed. I had heartburn and couldn't sleep well. So everyone is different. I did get some energy back and sleep well now and no heartburn so it must have been detox. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:34 AM   #675
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sparrow
Stats: 5'6 138/127.5/120
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 7/25/05
Quick question for anyone's advice.

I am really struggling getting myself going on detox. I want to do it very badly but my family is not understanding of this and I find temptations too great right now. My question is. If I simply "fast" with tea, water, crystal light and other no calorie/carb drinks for a portion of the time in order to dip me into ketosis and then transition to pure water for detox do any of you think this might be more managable? Its the getting to ketosis I'm struggling with but i think I could do it just fine if I was able to mix up my drink menu and then eventually switch over.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:46 AM   #676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Good Morning everyone!

Well, I made my chicken soup last night (which turned out pretty gross IMO). I sipped on some juice at about 7pm and then an hour later I had about one cup with a few tiny pieces of chicken. I started to feel very bloated and full so I stopped and threw the rest away.

Last night I felt awful! I literally felt sea sick. Both my stomach and head were trapped on a raft out in the pacific ocean I think. It stayed with me for the next two hours until I went to bed like that. Woke up this morning fine but still fairly weak. I did however make it to the gym and am happy to report that I lost 1lb. After the gym I came home and did a ton of house cleaning and then warmed up some leftover chicken soup. Had about 2 cups with a few bites of chicken. It's been about an hour and I feel okay. I stopped again when I was satisfied and threw the rest away. I'm really trying hard to learn when I'm satisfied that I don't need to pick up that spoon or fork again! Just toss it or wrap it up!

I had wanted to try for 7-10 days but yesterday was the right time for me to start breaking the fast. I am reuniting with my mom today. The last time we saw/spoke to each other was when I was 11. It will likely be emotional and stressful so I felt like I needed that extra energy.

Here are my stats:
9/1 Day 1: 225
9/2 Day 2: 223
9/3 Day 3: 220
9/4 Day 4: 218
9/5 Day 5: 216
9/6 Day 6: 215

I'll post my weight again in a couple of days to let you know if and what I've gained/lost!? Thanks for all the support. It made a world of difference!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 09-06-2003, 02:26 PM   #677
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LilOleBelle
Stats: UCK !!!!
WOE: Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: T O S O !!!!!
####### HIpeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee #######

Day %% 20 %% for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I'm feeling GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
As Tony The Tiger would say !!!!!

Clothes are falling off, and pounds are dropping left to right...
I have lost a total of 28 POUNDS !!!!!!
But the BEST thing is the Detoxinggggggg

I'm VERY PROUD of myself, that I have stuck with this FAST for 20 days, just drinking water, and sometimes lemon and water in the mornings, but that is aLL !!!
Wohooooooooooooooooooo

My body feels so much better, sleeping better, moving more like when you have alot of energy, instead of the tired moving walk, I hope you guys know what I'm trying to say !!!!

I had to cook dinner the other night and I wanted to do something with either chicken or hamburgermeat, so I posted on the main BB, and when I cooked the meal, I didn't even want any !!!!!!!

Well, I wanted to tell EVERYONE that I'm so very PROUD of you guys, you are truley AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Take care of yourself and do whats BEST for yourself...
Love You Guys

Always belle
Old 09-06-2003, 03:35 PM   #678
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wyndee
Stats: 153/146.2/130
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: February 19, 2003
Quote:

I'm going to start the 36-Hour fast on Sunday, is anyone else planning to do it?

I'll join you,,,I haven't fasted in a long time, what do you do to prepare?
Old 09-06-2003, 03:53 PM   #679
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Quote:
Originally posted by wyndee
I didn't do anything special to prepare, my self, but I know that several of the others prepared by drinking broths and liquids for a couple of days before.

Does anyone have any pointers for wyndee?
Old 09-06-2003, 05:18 PM   #680
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

[COLOR=blue]wyndee - For the first fast I ate strict induction for 3 days, and I added plain yogurt with some DaVinci's to up my "good" flora. For the second fast (a "36er") I was still eating Stillman's/Stillkins/Induction, so I didn't do anything special.

sparrow - a fast is a fast is a fast. You can do a yogurt fast, a meat fast, a fat fast, a water fast, a tea fast, an egg fast, a broth fast. etc. etc. etc. You need to decide what is RIGHT for YOU. (I don't care what those morons on the PG say) If you're interested in weight loss primarily, Stillman's or a Fat Fast will dump you into ketosis and weight loss almost as quickly as a water fast. There are exceptionally supportive threads for both (and all the others I mentioned too) on the Challenge Boards. If you want DETOX, then I believe a water, tea or broth fast are the best - with water being the "cleanest," e.g. your body isn't processing ANY nutrition and just goes completely into repair mode. I would encourage you to do a lot of research (read the links posted on this thread for beginners), and some serious soul searching to decide what is best for you.

Belle - you da BOMB baby!! How's your detoxing going??? Anything gross you can shock the PG lurkers with?? (where is that devil face smiley???)

OK handicapped - Wed through Friday WE ARE ON!!!

Lori - sign me up for a 5-7 day fast in Sept. I'd like to avoid the 27th - visiting DD at college (food is required), so either before or after is good for me.

I'm going to go through here and see if I can't make a comprehensive list of who is in this group, and where each of us are on our fasting journeys. I'll post as soon as I sift through.

CHEERS!![/COLOR]
Old 09-06-2003, 05:26 PM   #681

Quote:
Originally posted by wyndee
For a 36er, nothing really special, although I like to eat a fairly large salad or other 'roughage' so things don't get too hung up~ if you know what I mean!
~~~N
Old 09-06-2003, 05:54 PM   #682
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sparrow
Stats: 5'6 138/127.5/120
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 7/25/05
Thanks for your time on that reply island
I've spent the day with water, diet coke and green tea. I no longer feel very hungry at all (its 4pm), just a bit lightheaded every time I stand up. I think I'll be good to go with only water tomorrow. I really do want the full effects of detox. I'm going to keep posting as long as I'm doing this. I appreciate the support
Old 09-07-2003, 05:15 AM   #683
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally posted by Island Blue
[COLOR=blue]

Lori - sign me up for a 5-7 day fast in Sept. I'd like to avoid the 27th - visiting DD at college (food is required), so either before or after is good for me.
[/COLOR]
Island Blue~ How about September 28th to October 4th? This would work quite well for me. How about you? And anyone else interested? I usually get sick this time of year and would like to head it off with a good detoxing fast!

I'm doing my 36er Monday night till Wednesday morning if anyone would like to join me.

Belle~ You are doing fabulous!!! Keep up the detoxing and eat when you're ready.

Nady~I was thinking when this 30 day detox is over we could start another thread. Whatcha think?

Lori
Old 09-07-2003, 05:42 AM   #684
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Evangelina
Day 13 still going strong!

Well I can't actually believe I made it but I really attribute it to the 3 years of LC living and discipline I've had during that time.

I'm feeling wonderful. I'm able to do more now than I did before I started the fast. I hope that this energy level continues.

I'm going to continue day by day.

Great news, my hubby finally decided to join me in the detox challenge. He's now on day 3. He was supposed to join me after "seeing how it goes" with me for a couple of days. Then he didn't start. I guess I've done so well he decided to take the plunge.

I'm irritated at my old scales and still haven't made the conversion of the lb overage on all my stats but know I'm doing normal in that area too.

Everyone keep up the great job you are doing. I'm very proud and happy for each and every one of you!!!!!!

Evangelina
Old 09-07-2003, 05:44 AM   #685
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Evangelina
Quote:
I didn't do anything special to prepare, my self, but I know that several of the others prepared by drinking broths and liquids for a couple of days before.

Does anyone have any pointers for wyndee?

I feel I was better prepared by being in ketosis when I started the fast. Since I've been on Atkins for 3 years, I just started eating induction foods prior to the fast. I really believe this helped me in the first several days to make it. I'm on day 13 now and really it has been a WONDERFUL journey of understanding, and control.

Evangelina
Old 09-07-2003, 07:48 AM   #686

Gallery: Kose
morning fasters!

day 2 is over and i'm in day 3. don't feel much detox yet but i'm having a slight headache but my eyes are still sticky. my tongue has got that yucky white coating. keep the detox going!!

my stomach was rumbling and it was loud and noisy! its rebelling. but i didn't give it. yeah!

i have not weighed myself because i'm not doing for weight loss. but i think i should have lost all if not most of the water weight by now.

will continue posting when i have the time!
Old 09-07-2003, 08:16 AM   #687
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wyndee
Stats: 153/146.2/130
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: February 19, 2003
Thanks for the tips! I have been eating KISS style, so I should be in ketosis (I have a hard time telling if I am or not) and I've stocked up on broths for the day after.

Will we post here or will there be another thread?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow! Looking forward to *not* eating--go figure, LOL!
Old 09-07-2003, 09:29 AM   #688
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ohsque
Stats: 262 | 260 | 180
WOE: simply low carb...
Start Date: 08/26/2013
Day 1 off fast

Well, today I am officially non-fasting
I was just so out of it yesterday- so lacking energy (could be cause of the sleepless nights I have had for 2 weeks) so, I ate me 1/2 cup of green beans for dinner- then another at supper- BOY what a difference I felt. I was up and about cleaning, moving, thinking again!- I even hit the bed last night and slept ALL night long with no leg problems....

If it weren't for my job, - as I am the owner/boss- I would have liked to keep going- get this detox going in full throttle. I'm really thinking if I could just make it through these first 2-3 weeks, the majority of the detox symptoms would dissappear, then I would be feeling great- but that day never came...

I didn't gain nor lose this morning on the scale...same @ 201. Everyone around me says "You're just gonna gain it all back" and that urks me beyond belief. So, I really want to take this slow & steady and minimize the gainback. Given, I will gain 10 or so back...but heck, I want to jump right into losing mode with induction/KISS

Count me in on the fast later in September... sounds like a fine time for me too.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:12 AM   #689

Good Morning Everyone!
I just weighed myself~ after more than a week of (induction level) eating, I haven't gained back any of the weight that I lost while fasting! That means that I can just pick up where I left off tonight/tomorrow when I do a 36er!

Lori~ I'm not sure how much time is left for the 30 day detox challenge~ but I would really like to keep a thread going for fasting support~ I'm going to continue with short fasts for a while, at least once a week. I would like to have the support~ I'm sure others will too! Maybe we could have a weekly thread and people could just drop in and out as they do their fasts?

I can't believe how good my knees still feel~ it's like night and day from what they were a month ago! I've had a couple of twinges though, since I started eating, so I know I need to detox further~ at least now I know for sure what to do for joint pain! I wonder how many other sufferers could be helped by something so simple~ it sure beats popping pain pills every few hours! Why are people so afraid of fasting?

I'm planning a 36er tonight through Tues.~ Allison? Wyndee? Anyone else? Lori~ you said you're doing yours Monday night -Wed?

Have a fantastic day everyone~ I'm going to the 'reservation' casino and gamble!!
~~~N
Old 09-07-2003, 10:28 AM   #690
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nady

Lori~ I'm not sure how much time is left for the 30 day detox challenge~ but I would really like to keep a thread going for fasting support~ I'm going to continue with short fasts for a while, at least once a week. I would like to have the support~ I'm sure others will too! Maybe we could have a weekly thread and people could just drop in and out as they do their fasts?

I'm planning a 36er tonight through Tues.~ Allison? Wyndee? Anyone else? Lori~ you said you're doing yours Monday night -Wed?
Nady~
This detox challenge began on August 18th. I guess we can see if there's still anyone left before we start another thread. I know Belle is still going strong. Anyone else?? If not then maybe then it would be a good time to start another thread (with all of Kimmer's links!). What do you think?

And yes my 36er begins Monday night around 7PM till Wednesday morning 7AM.

Lori