Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2003, 01:24 PM   #601
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
I'm noticing a bit of a sore throat coming on. Wonder what this is all about!? My lips are a bit chapped too. I drank 1 1/2 gallons of water yesterday and am working on the same today. Otherwise I feel okay. Energy is low but there is virtually no hunger. No headaches or anything else like that at all.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2003, 01:29 PM   #602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Where is everyone? Just me again. I forgot to mention in my last post... wondering where everyone is noticing the weightloss? For me this morning I woke up and it literally felt like my breasts had gone down a whole cup size. I always lose weight in my chest first, even when I started induction. I've also noticed my jaw line becoming more pronounced Life is good...
Old 09-03-2003, 01:50 PM   #603
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: justerry
Here's a list of pssible side effects I found
Reactions To Fasting

Excerpt from FASTING TO FREEDOM

BACKACHES. Back pain may increase due to toxins in the lower intestine. The blood vessels that draw nutrients from the colon are very close to the nerves of the spine. Back pain often decreases after elimination of the toxins. Back exercises also can relieve some pain. A cold pack also will help. Using the enema kit will be the best remedy.

BAD BREATH. Waste passes through the lungs which are an eliminative organ. Brushing the tongue with a tooth brush, using dental floss and rinsing with mouthwash will reduce bad breath.

CANKERS. These may develop from a toxic buildup in the mouth. Unhealthy bacteria increases between the teeth. The tongue becomes coated with waste. To stop cankers, gargle with sea salt mixed with water several times daily. Dabbing the sore with tea tree oil or vitamin E quickens the healing process.

COLD VIRUS. Mucoid is the perfect food for viruses. Toxins weaken the immune system. When large quantities of toxins and mucus are in the blood due to a fast, they can cause a susceptibility to colds. To fight a cold, continue fasting to eliminate the mucus. Reduce the liquid intake and drink lemon juice. When your body is clean from mucus, you will never catch a cold again.

BLACKOUTS. During fasting the body conserves energy. The heart pumps slower and blood pressure lowers. Standing or moving quickly from a resting position will cause the blood to flow to the legs. For a few seconds, the brain may not get enough oxygen, causing blackouts and dizziness. To stop a blackout get down on one knee or sit. Lowering your center of gravity will instantly stop a blackout. Blackouts are more frequent during water fasting.

DIARRHEA. Fruit juices have a laxative effect which is more pronounced after water fasting. It can be stopped by using the enema. Using psyllium husk during diarrhea will help regulate the system.

HEADACHES. Toxins can cause muscle tightness in the neck and shoulders. This can result in tension headaches. Massaging the neck and shoulders will help relieve the tension. The herb Fever Few, which is available in health food stores, is well worth trying.

MUSCLE TIGHTNESS. The muscles may become tight and sore due to toxin irritation. The legs can be the worst affected as toxins accumulate in the legs. A self massage, hot baths, stretching and exercising will help to release the toxins.

NAUSEA. When waste is released too quickly by the lymph glands, some of the toxic overload is taken by the liver and secreted with bile into the stomach. This causes nausea. Drinking water or carrot juice will dilute the bile and toxin mixture helping to flush it from the system.

NERVOUSNESS. The elimination of toxins can irritate damaged nerves. Exercise will relieve tension. Use quarter slices of avocado to slow the fast.

SKIN DISTURBANCES. The skin may become oily as rancid oils are purged from the body. People with problem-free skin may have a few days of pimples or boils. A pallid complexion is also a sign of waste in the blood. When cleansed of mucus and toxins, the skin will be healthy, soft and unblemished.

TIREDNESS. Tiredness is normal during water or restricted juice fasting. If the tiredness is too much, increase the quantity of sweet juices like melon and carrot juice.

My entire family is having the soar throat/cold for the past week so it may just be something going around.

I haven't noticed any real loss, except for losing the edema that was real bad, now just getting back to my normal (but not goal) . My energy was real low today and since I've detoxed enough to get swelling down and flush some toxins out, to lose weight, I may do Stillmans that way I can still be in ketosis, be strict and have enough energy to excercise.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:51 PM   #604
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: karat
Stats: 176/176/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: Jan 7, 2008
Just to clarify:

I am certainly not calling for folks to "prove" they are old hands at Atkins. My goodness, nobody has to prove a thing around here! I apologize if my wording was unclear, or if I seemed harsh.

I was very careful to state that the low number of posts MIGHT be a sign of an atkins newbie, but if that wasn't the case (ie, you just found the boards, or have been lurking) I WASN'T talking to you. Please go back and read my post if you are feeling discriminated against for low post numbers.

I am a mom, and I naturally worry about people.

Also, I have read The Miracle of Fasting by Dr. Bragg, and I know he advocates fasting as a weight loss method. He also advocates an organic vegetable- and fruit- based diet, with foods never heated above 116 degrees. He believes humans are best served with this non-meat diet. He may be correct, I am no doctor. But I do know I am not giving up cooking my food or eating meat, so I can't take all he says as "gospel." We all have to sift through the science and anecdotal evidence and decide for ourselves the best path.

If you decide your path is fasting for weight loss, I am not going to come through the computer screen and force-feed you bacon! <grin> I just wanted people who have never tried low-carb to try it for weight loss; that's because I am such a low-carb fan. Heck, sometimes we NEED to see a lower number on the scale (even temporarily) just to motivate!

Everyone, please don't feel you owe ANYBODY on this board an explanation of your motivation. You are captain of your own ship; I am just giving advice.

karat
Old 09-03-2003, 01:58 PM   #605
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori42
Stats: 144/128/125
WOE: Moderate carb, whole foods
Start Date: May 2003
Re: so am i being flamed?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kose
i don't mean to be rude but from the posts i have seen i feel like omg, everyone is turning on me. i ain't new to lowcarb. i have lost 20 pounds on atkins since the beginning of this year. just because i lurk around reading the posts in this forum doesn't mean that i'm some ignorant person to low carb. and when i found this fasting thread and how beneficial this detox thing and how to gain control over food, i decided to sign up.
Kose~ I hope you didn't think I was flaming you! I'm sorry if you thought that. I just wanted you to know that you could probably get the results you want on shorter fasts than one big long one. Unless you decide this is best for you!

GwnStfni~ I get sore throats, too while fasting. I believe it's one of the wonderful effects of detoxing!

I too have only just joined this forum recently. Usually I'm not one to post much but this subject has intriged (sp?) me and I've found it worth posting about. And you all have been so supportive I'd like to return the favor.

Lori
Old 09-03-2003, 04:55 PM   #606

Gallery: Kose
well anyway, thanks for the concerns that i've been getting. when i asked if kimmer lost that much on her 45 day fast because i am only 10 pounds away from my goal weight and i don't want to lose that much.

i'm starting my fast now. i've not eaten for 6 hours and i find that time passes easier since its my 2nd time. well, i'll just go along and see what detox i'll go through.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:22 PM   #607
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: catkin
Stats: Made Goal! 132 lbs.
WOE: hhcg
karat, will you promise to come through my computer screen and force feed me bacon? Pretty please? I'm hungry! I keep waiting for the ketosis to alleviate it, but no go!
Old 09-03-2003, 06:47 PM   #608
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: karat
Stats: 176/176/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: Jan 7, 2008
Cinder-- come to your screen and start licking. . .I have fried you up some crispy bacon and am stuffing it in the modem right now. . .

Kose--I am so glad you have been so successful at losing that you are only 10 pounds from goal! That is worth a huge pat on the back! I look forward to reading about your progress.

karat
Old 09-03-2003, 06:52 PM   #609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

also *taking a big lick at the computer screen*

Mmmmm nitrates! ROFLMAO!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:37 PM   #610

Why, thanks!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:49 PM   #611

Thank you, lovinatkins :)

Quote:
Originally posted by lovinatkins
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't checked in. I'll post this on the other thread too in case anyone who wondered can't find us. As most of you know from the other thread, I did a fast two weeks ago for 4 and a half days. Someone asked if I had gained gained back the weight when I broke my fast. I lost about 10 pounds during those four days and gained back about 2 when I broke the fast. I have maintained that 8 pound loss for about two weeks. After that fast, I decided to incorporate one 36 hour fast per week into my lifestyle. I chose Sunday evenings thru Tuesday mornings as my fasting day(s). I am fasting today (my second sun-tues 36 hour fast) about 16 hours in and so far so good. A little hungry but not too bad. I am convinced after you do the first fast, the next ones are easier because you kind of know what to expect to some degree and have already proven to yourself that you CAN live without food for a while. I look forward to reading about your fasts, but I will not be able to join you all for the 30 days. I am in a wedding on Saturday 8/23 and am leary of being in detox for my best friends special day. Plus, I want to be able to have a drink or two and make merry. Although, depending how I feel I may extend my Monday fast an extra day or two (only because I liked days 2-3 the best last time!). I will see how it goes with this (and every Monday fast, really.) If it feels good to me to continue it, it is not written in stone that I have to end my fasts on Tuesday. The good thing about fasting is that it is a personal choice and you can choose what feels best or right for you at the time. Next Monday, after the wedding, I will be fasting again and depending on how moticated I am by all of your posts maybe I will jump on board longer term then. Good luck to you all!

Couple words of advice. When you do break you fast, break it slowly. I know we have all said this before, but there are 2 very good reasons to introduce food back slowly. One, if you just start shoveling crap into your mouth, you will in all likelihood get sick to your stomach. Even if not, why junk up your newly clean body with garbage so quickly? Be gentle. Second, if weight loss is your goal, and frankly, even if not, no one wants to gain back what they lost when they break their fast. If you introduce food back slowly and stay very locarb you CAN keep the majority of the weight you lost off long term. Not only that, butif you excercise control coming off the fast, you can build on and fine tune that control over food for a lifetime. One you just start eating uncontrollably and in large amounts your stomach will get used to that again. You will physically and mentally get back into the place where you have less control and "need" to eat more. Instead, maximize and tend to this newly sprouting seed of control you have sown during your fast by excercising control and discipline. I may sound nutty but I believe you can completely change your relationship with food through a combination of fasting and lo carb.
I thought this bore repeating here, since I still want to eat just about anything at this point! Great words, again, thank you!
Old 09-03-2003, 11:10 PM   #612
Seriouslyme

Gallery: Seriouslyme
Just wanted to pop in and let you all know how terrific you are each doing. Fasting, short or long, is sooooooooooo good for us!

To all! Hang in there. Post how you feel, or your progress, experiences. It is your own journey that counts, and the love and sharing from others too, of course.

Mushy, huh!

hugs.

Old 09-04-2003, 04:30 AM   #613
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wyndee
Stats: 153/146.2/130
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: February 19, 2003
Hi all, I love this thread! I just have a question for the fasting experts.

Does a 36 hour fast really give enough time to detox? Or is it more of a 'maintenance' kind of thing after you've fasted longer periods of time previously?

For instance, would a 36 hour fast be a waste of time detox-wise if I haven't fasted 'for real'?

Oh, one more q...does anyone know if the fasting books mention fasting detox improving someone's allergies?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 09-04-2003, 06:00 AM   #614
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally posted by wyndee
Hi all, I love this thread! I just have a question for the fasting experts.

Does a 36 hour fast really give enough time to detox? Or is it more of a 'maintenance' kind of thing after you've fasted longer periods of time previously?

For instance, would a 36 hour fast be a waste of time detox-wise if I haven't fasted 'for real'?

Oh, one more q...does anyone know if the fasting books mention fasting detox improving someone's allergies?

Thanks in advance!!
Yes and Yes!! It all helps to detoxify you. Fasting is cummulative so every bit helps. And I've read that many things can be improved (or disappear) by fasting. Everyone's different and results vary.

Lori
Old 09-04-2003, 07:59 AM   #615
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ohsque
Stats: 262 | 260 | 180
WOE: simply low carb...
Start Date: 08/26/2013
Day 10

Well, day 10 has arrived! Totally at awe with myself in being so in control- (remember I work in a pastry/sandwich/coffee shop!)

Yesterday was mighty tough for me. I was so sick! I had a running nose.. these hurtful burps- almost to the point of throwing up... and 3 bouts of diarreha... I had absolutely NO energy- and just wanted to crawl into bed- but unfortunately I had to work all day! I am sure this is some serious detox going on...and I probably should keep fasting to let it keep detoxing, but decidingly, I'm breaking fast today with chicken broth. I will do this broth stuff for a couple of days- then by next monday, I'll add some overcooked soft low carb veggies .... and so forth....

Funny thing, my mom had these exact same symptoms yesterday... as she is still fasting as well. She's lost about 22 pounds....

I am down another 1.5 lbs this morning..bringing my total to 24lbs. a side of me wants to keep going with this fast- but I am ready to jump into the low carb KISS style of eating...REady to rid this weight for good!

I'm gonna still post my weights- as they'll probably go up...but also what I eat...just for the record...

Oh & GwnStfi...as for BM... I'm not doing anything-hadn't had any urges- other than my bouts with diarreha (4 x's in 9 days), I am thinking my body will take care of itself- as I think it has...but I guess everyone is different....

My plan also is to give the lowcarb eating a go, then do a 36'er fast with y'all every 6 weeks or so...

Thanks for letting me share....

Old 09-04-2003, 08:12 AM   #616
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: handicapped91
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/03
30 Day Detox

Hi Guys,
I started my 36 hr fast last night at 7:00. I just had some selzer to drink. This morning I weighed the same (123). I just had some herbal tea and will drink water all day. Will let you know how it went tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:53 AM   #617
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!

Just checking in before I head to the gym. I'm into day 4 and feeling fine. Still no hunger pangs!!

Now, yesterday I did have a little problem... I have this tooth in the back of my mouth that has a pretty nice cavity (I know I know, I've got to get this fixed). Anyway, it started to bleed at the gums there last night. It bled for a few minutes, I rinsed a couple of times and brushed and it finally stopped. Today it is a little tender. I don't know what to make of it. Is being in detox helping this? or am I possibly irritating it? I'm on vacation now for at least 4 more weeks so I don't have a regular dentist around here.

Ohsque, let me know what sort of broth you're having. Making it yourself? Also, do you have the broth cold or hot?
I had a BM on Day 1, Day 3 and a big one today on Day 4. Hate to be graphic but I guess all is going well in that dept.

9/1 Day 1: 225
9/2 Day 2: 223
9/3 Day 3: 220
9/4 Day 4: 216 (I'll check again at the gym where I can use a doctors scale).
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 09-04-2003, 10:19 AM   #618

Good Morning :) Hi Seriously!

I'm about 8 hours into day 4. I'm in deep ketosis but still have hunger pains. Not sure why, anyone have any ideas? I pretty would eat anything about now.

I losing my resolve because of this. I see so few who still feel like eating after 2 days into the fast. I wonder what's up?

Last night just as I was getting into bed (an hour and a half earlier than normal), I sneezed twice violently and immediately got the chills. I hopped into bed and kind of half slept--couldn't get warm, even under the goosedown! About an hour or so later, I got up and put on my Winter flannels. Still took a while go get warm, though. Then about 3:30 am I was so warm I had to get up and fling them off!

This morning I'm a little light headed and shaky. Could this be detox? Still drinking about 2 or 3 cups of weak green tea daily and 96 ounces of spring water. Taking a warm morning bath and loofah-ing vigorously. Yesterday, after my bath, my back was sort of peeling like I was healing from a sunburn! Weird!

Not sure if it's my imagination or not but the few spider veins I have on my face seem to be diminishing, I'm liking that!
Tongue is still white--I'm wearing out the Sonicare!

Where are the old timers? Lori? Kimmer? Belle? Allison? lovinatkins? IslandBlue? And the rest of you mighty fasters? Please stop in and encourage us! We're in need!

Down 2 more this morning, that's a total of 8.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:25 AM   #619
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mncowgirl
Hi everyone!!

Well, I have been lurking for quite a while and have been thinking about fasting for about a month now. I had an out of control non-atkins weekend and then decided on Tues to start fasting. Lets just say both Tues. and Wed. I ended up folding like a cheap suit by noon!! It's sad, I know, but I guess food has a stranglehold on me and I didn't realize the severity of it!!

To get around this, I did have a protein shake at seven this morning. It's not almost 12:30 and this would be the time when I failed on the first two attempts. I feel much stronger today and I am going to do something good for my body!!! I love the support that this board gives, but over the next few days I'm going to need a few good kicks in the you know where!!! I'm hoping that I will get that (and support) here!

Hope everyone has a great day!! I'll check in tomorrow and let everyone know how the first 24 hours went!!!
185/176/150 (?)
Old 09-04-2003, 11:30 AM   #620
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello again!

Checked weight at the gym and it read 218 so the scale here must be off b/c as soon as I got back home, I weighed again and again it said 216. So my stats are:

9/1 Day 1: 225
9/2 Day 2: 223
9/3 Day 3: 220
9/4 Day 4: 218

Cinder, I'm not sure about the hunger issues. I would recommend you give it one more day at least b/c day 4 might be the most difficult for you? I suppose it depends on how carby you were eating before coming into the fast. For me, I was real low-carb and in heavy ketosis so the transition was real smooth. Still no hunger pangs at day 4 and I am surprised.

I do have an empty feeling in my stomach and now for some reason I cannot stop thinking about Slim Jims. I know it's just all in my head!

Well off to take a shower, will use the loofah but unlike Cinder, I really do have peeling skin as I am getting over some real bad sunburn
Old 09-04-2003, 11:39 AM   #621

Welcome, cowgirl :)

Thanks GwnStfni, I really need to hear that! You don't know how close I am to opening that package of natural chicken broth in my cupboard I tell ya, this is getting difficult. Maybe because I'm obsessing too much. DUH!

I was pretty carbed up before I started but jeez you'd think after 3 days they'd be gone!

Thanks again! Time will tell
Old 09-04-2003, 12:23 PM   #622
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Cinder, I've been checking you guys out everyday! You are all doing great! And no one has dropped dead yet

As of today, I have gained back 10 lbs. of the 19 I lost during my fast. I am holding so much water it's not funny - my feet are even puffy and my feet are the only part of my body that have never looked fat no matter how fat I was! So I'm hoping that some of this drops back off. It would probably help if I quit drinking Diet Dr. Pepper! Don't tell Kimmer - I am so ashamed that I haven't been able to kick the DDP habit

My attempt this week at a 36-hour fast lasted all of 4 hours Any news from Belle? I think this would be Day 19 for her.

Keep posting your progress everyone! Even a day or 2 of fasting does wonders.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:43 PM   #623
lovinatkins

Gallery: lovinatkins
Hey gang,
You guys are all doing great! I finished my 36 hour without incident. I was more difficult than usual because of TOM coming, but manageable. It's funny where as before I felt the need to post every detail, it is now a habit and I have nothing new to say about it! It is just another week. I was hungry for the day and now I'm not anymore I do feel like I am helping myself through fasting and keeping good relationship with food as well as detoxing so I plan to continue doing a 36 hour fast weekly indefinitely. If some even should come, I will switch the day that week but not skip it.

Sounds like some of you are having heavy detox! Ohsuque, you sound like me on day four! That is the day I broke my fast because I was so sick! I felt like I had the flu, it was awful. I too broke my fast with broth, I think it was miso that time, and then slowly added back other foods. Kimmers recipe for egg drop soup was really good. I added some sauteed spinach to the soup and had egg drop florentine. It was good, easy on the stomach and the spinach got ye olde colon moving again

Allison- Good to see you!

Cinder- I wish I could help with the hunger issue. All I can say is that it should end soon, but for me at some point of each day I felt SOME level of hunger. My hunger never completely went away so you are not alone. I have to add though, the mental part was much harder to handle than the physical hunger. I told everyone that had it just been the hunger issue I could have gone on forever! A couple tips that got me past my hungriest points: Add lemon to your water, drink herbal tea (I got Celestial Seasonings with all different flavors, just the smell of the cinnamon apple or cranberry and the cozy hot liquid made me feel better and like I was "eating" !), stay busy if not active (I read a lot, and tried my best not to have my brain be idle. If I was able to contemplate TOO long, I started obsessing about food!). That's all I got! Hope something helps you. You CAN do it, and it WILL get easier. Keep us posted!

Hi to everyone else! You guys are all doing great!

Old 09-04-2003, 01:31 PM   #624
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: GApeach23
Stats: 207.2/195.6/160 5'8"
WOE: Tried and True.....Atkins
Start Date: Re-started Jan. 2, 2012
Finally over all my illness and starting tomorrow

Hey anyone here still remember me? Tried twice to start the water fast for mostly detox purposes, first time side tracked by sinus infection and bronchitis together and the antibiotics required that I eat.

Second time I had a 48 hour stomach virus, uggghhh, now finally I get to start my water fast tomorrow, Sept. 5th., wooohoo.

I will be posted all my wonderful trials and tribulations. I hope if will go fairly smooth, if not, I will stick with it.

My plan is to go 3 days, if that goes well, I will go 5, if that is good, then 7 days, on to 10 and then finally 12 days, then slowly breaking it on the 13th day.

I will be ordering Dr. Bragg's book off Amazon or on Dr. Bragg's site. Everyone wish be luck and I better not get sick between now and in the morning~~~~hahaha.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:57 PM   #625
Major LCF Poster!

Just wanted to stop in and say HI! to everyone!

You all are doing an amazing job. Fasting IS tough. Sometimes you just have to busy yourself to forget that you're not eating.

Cinder~ I found day 4 to be difficult but I wonder if that's because I knew I was breaking my fast that day (?) or it could have been I was going into heavier detox. At the end of this month I plan to find out (I'm doing a 7-10 day fast). And even though I was in deep ketosis (according to the sticks) I was still hungry. But I wonder if it wasn't what I call 'mouth' hunger not real hunger. You know, you just want to put something in your mouth!!

GwnStfni~ I'm not sure what to tell you about the tooth except if you can't have it looked at now by a dentist try swishing a drop or 2 of tea tree oil with water in your mouth several times a day. It's a great healer. Also the chicken broth I've been eating is Health Valley (their low fat chicken with salt). It's very good and chemical free! It's a little pricey though. It's also good to make egg drop soup with when you're ready.

Hi Allison, GApeach23, lovinatkins and all you newcomers!

Kimmer, Island Blue and Belle where are you?? We miss you and hope you're ok.

Lori
Old 09-04-2003, 01:58 PM   #626

I cracked!

Oh thank you, Ladies I broke my fast with some natural chicken broth and scrambled eggs. I went about 84 hours. A week or so back I went 45 hours and had a much easier time of it. I'm thinking all the nasty food I'd eaten before this go around had some effect on my hungry state.

This is all so new interesting to me. It's simply amazing. I may be down but I'm not out! I like the fact that fasting is accumulative. That means I really did do my body some good.

I'm in for another fast this Fall (or maybe sooner!). I plan on following Dr. Bragg's recommendations on this matter. I ordered a set of 3 or 4 books by him and can't wait to get them! It all makes such perfect sense! When I think of all the nasty chemicals I've willingly forced my body to deal with, it makes me sad.

I'll be looking into Stillman's or Stillkins as Kimmer mentioned. I've never done this plan. One thing's for sure, I'll certainly be eating clean and in ketosis before I start my next fast! See? You really do live and learn

Once again, I'd like to thank all the participants here. Everyone of you has made a difference in our lives. You have NO IDEA what power your words have to someone who's never fasted before! There is no substitue for experience. Please continue to share any and all aspects of fasting with those that still post in this thread. We so appreciated it!

Good Lord, I'm writing a novel!

I'll continue to check this thread out fequently. I look forward hopefully to my next fast.

Lastly, may I thank Miss Kimmer. I hope you realize what a huge positive difference you've made by posting at LCF. Everything from soup to nuts! You've helped better so may lives by your sharing spirit. My hat's off to you!

Sincerely,
Cinder
Old 09-04-2003, 02:03 PM   #627
Major LCF Poster!

Cinder~
So how do you feel from breaking your fast? And you didn't 'crack' it was time for you to eat!

Let us know how you are doing.

Lori
Old 09-04-2003, 03:33 PM   #628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well today I went to the gym and didn't have enough energy to do any cardio but I spent about 30 minutes doing upper body machines. My arms are by far the weakest part of my body so I am really trying to concentrate on that area. Energy is moderate. I went to the movies this afternoon to see Jeepers Creepers 2. I heard it got bad reviews but I really liked it! I don't know, I'm a little bias towards horror flicks since that is my favorite genre of movies.

Drinking away here... still no hunger pangs which seems a little weird especially at day 4.

As for the chicken broth, are you guys eating that warm and are you drinking it or using a spoon? I think what I'll do when I'm ready to come off the fast is buy some chicken pieces and make the broth myself. I'll add some celery to the mix and maybe cauliflower? I'll have the broth the first day and a half and then start to add in some chicken depending on how I feel.

AllisonB, Thanks for posting about your weight. I'm curious who has gained what back. I have a question though, did you go back to induction level carbs right after your fast? I want to do my best to keep most of the weight off.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:04 PM   #629
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ohsque
Stats: 262 | 260 | 180
WOE: simply low carb...
Start Date: 08/26/2013
Day10, pm

GwnStfni...Wow- energy to do any type of exercise- You are my hero! Glad to see you are doing well.... and hunger-free!
I just bought a can of chick broth from the store... I just didn't have the energy to cook it...as I wanted it ready when I needed it... I know, preparation is the key! (BTW, I had it really hot- and boy, that was the best tasting soup I had ever had, it seems! LOL)

And I am with you- I want to do this right and keep as much loss weight off as possible! Continued successs!

As for me, I had a good day, but when I did alot of stuffs- I had to sit back and rest a while. My heart was beating like I had run the marathon! (and all I did was unload stuff from my car!)
For this, I had my first 1/2 cup of broth today I used a spoon- as I wanted to feel like I was *eating* LOL but after it not having that effect, I just sipped it. It gave me a burst of energy- which I needed to get some serious house cleaning done.

My mom drank some broth this morning- was fine all day- then for lunch she thought she'd try some SF jello- well, she was fine for a little bit then *wham* she had to get to the restroom pronto! .... I guess that jello had too many preservatives in it- tore her tummy up! live & learn, fellow fasters- go easy & slow those first few days!

Say, could someone post the recipe to the egg drop soup... I have absolutely no idea how to do that! sounds yummy!

Cinder...could you be a bit dehydrated??? I froze just like you describe my first day or two- then upped my water intake alittle... or maybe you had some kind of serious detox going on?! Good Luck!

also for what it's worth, I read in the links posted here, that one should only be drinking a couple qts of water while fasting...that too much can cause you to flush out kidneys of vital needed stuffs.... so, since Day4, I cut back to just those few quarts... and only sipped when cotton mouth took over... oh well...just my experience
Old 09-04-2003, 05:19 PM   #630
Major LCF Poster!

Egg Drop Soup

Quote:
Originally posted by Ohsque

Say, could someone post the recipe to the egg drop soup... I have absolutely no idea how to do that! sounds yummy!
Here ya go: heat your chicken broth (I used about 1 cup of broth and only 1 egg) in a pot on the stove. When it gets ready to boil swirl in 1-2 beaten eggs (never did get the swirling thing right! lol) until cooked. That's it! Takes all of 3-4 minutes tops. It was terrific for breaking a fast and my tummy was very happy. Thank you, Kimmer for this recipe.

And my stats are as follows: Beginning of 3 day fast--132lbs.
End of fast 125lbs. Gained 2 lbs. back (but it was TOM) and lost them again. So I lost a total of 7 lbs. (which I wasn't even looking to lose!). I'm 5'7". The only reason I think I didn't gain it all back (it was unusual that I didn't) is cause this is around what my weight used to be. Perhaps it's my natural weight??

Ohsque~ Please take it as easy as you can. Be as easy on yourself breaking the fast as you were on it. Take care!

Lori