Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2003, 02:12 PM   #571
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sparrow
Stats: 5'6 138/127.5/120
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 7/25/05
Hi all,
I haven't disappeared. I'm just hiding in shame : )

The day before I decided to start my fast I totally cheated after being on induction for about 2 months. I had full blown, full carb ice cream and it was GOOOOD. Not so good aftewards with all the trouble it caused me. I felt like those crazies who eat a whole bag of chips and sour cream before the day of their intended diet. I used to laugh at those people.... : (
Anyway I found myself in an awful state the next day with the insulin spike and then my all time sugar LOW and I nearly passed out from it. I've decided to use this week to eat extreamely clean and be faithful to some good hard exercise to get back into ketosis and start my water fast the coming weekend. Who's with me?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2003, 02:16 PM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ohsque
Stats: 262 | 260 | 180
WOE: simply low carb...
Start Date: 08/26/2013
Day 8

Well like y'all says... the energy comes & goes- and one should definitely listen to their body! Today was a good day- normal in every way...

I've been out and about running errands and feel fine... I did read in one of the links about this- it said that you should really not work while fasting- should really focus on resting- and let your energy do it's work.... Hmmmm, maybe this I should have read before I put in over 60 hours last week... needless to say, I'm past that- have a relaxed week schedule- and tend to do as little as possible to really tend to my body.

As for positive/negative thoughts pertaining to the fast- mine all are positive- as I see such great benefit from this. I even found an article that mentions possible higher success for pregnancy (as I have been ttc for years now) in sterile/ or trying women! sooo what hope I have.

I'm also rethinking each food that I plan to put into my body from this point on... I plan to avoid dairy products, artificial sweetners and the likes. I want to go organic & whole food wise this go around... heck, this is the only body I gots, so I want to treat it well

I still find it totally awesome that a person can go this long without food... I never imagined myself going 8 days!-

I can't begin to thank you all for the info- the enlightment that you've all provided for me in this journey!

Thanks!

Old 09-02-2003, 02:22 PM   #573
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: justerry
Going into day 3 for me, ketosis hit, I can tell by the way I feel. Energy level is pretty good, have some down times, like now. Experiencing some leg cramps also. I'm not too bad on the hunger scale, it comes and goes. My mind is the biggest enemy when it comes to what and when to eat. It'll be good to start over and have that habit broken. I'll just have to make sure not to take it up again. For now, it hasn't been broken because I'm wanting all my weaknesses. I'm drinking lots of water to flush out toxins. Over 100 ounces at least. I look forward to bedtime, I'm tired from yardwork today. Hope everyone is doing great, keep up the good work!
Old 09-02-2003, 02:31 PM   #574
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Location: Do whatever ya want, cuz today I'm handin out lollipops and ass-whoopins,and I'm all outta lollipops
Gallery: Rolleen
Hi Everyone, Started my fast today. ( I did a three day fast a couple weeks ago.) I feel really good today. I did take a couple pain killers and drank a diet coke. TOM is on his way. I am doing the fast to lose weight. But the detox will be good also. Need to work on drinking more water. I plan on fasting for at least two weeks. Right now will just try to make it one week.

Ohsque... You are doing so good. I keep looking at how much weight you have lost. How long do you plan to fast?

Keep fasting everyone.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:56 PM   #575
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hello! Just checking in. 1 day down officially Really no cravings except for when I threw something away in the garbage and I saw a slim jim wrapper and I thought 'yum, i could go for one of those' and then I remembered I was fasting. No big deal.

I have a question, when coming off the fast, is it better to have veggie broth or chicken broth? Is the canned chicken broth okay or should I make the broth myself? I don't actually buy the canned stuff but some in a foil lined box that has far less sodium then the canned stuff. I get it at Trader Joe's.

Ohsque, I keep looking at your stats too and practically drooling at your loss thus far. Particularly since we're both about the same starting weight. Here's to hoping for some very similar success!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 09-02-2003, 04:09 PM   #576
lovinatkins

Gallery: lovinatkins
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't checked in this week. I am fasting this eveing until Thursday at noon. Inormally do sun-tues. but this week I switched due to the holiday. I will let y'all know how I feel tomorrow. Sounds like everyone is doing great! Good luck and see you tomorrow. I have a feeling I am going to be hungry. O think I overate (legal, but still overate) this weekend at picnics etc. so although i am in ketosis, i think I stretched my stmach out with double cheeseburgers and it is going to be crying tomorrow around noon! Oh well, that'll teach me!!!

Old 09-02-2003, 04:19 PM   #577
Major LCF Poster!

Like GwnStfni, I'm wondering about the broth...plus, I read in one of the fasting links that we should start with juices?!?! I don't want to do the juice-

I just have several cans of chicken & beef broth from the local store- thought it'd be ok... didn't think about the sodium part

GwnStfni....Thanks for your words...and yes, I am amazed at my loss as well, DH says he can *see* the difference, but I tried on some clothes today- and they didn't fit like I thought they should at this weight.... soooo, I'm not necessary losing inches....
Oh, I'm like you too, I see some kind of food and think "ooo that is what I need!" then remember-... I'm fasting! Today, I drove threw a drive in at McD's to get my DS a milkshake (he's having braces put on ) and saw their salads... OMG... I could really go for one of those... I gotta remember about them salads when I go off the fast & start low carbing again!

Rolleen ...as for your question- how long do I plan to do this, well, right now, I'm taking it day by day... I sorta want to go til I hit 190- then when/if I gain back those water pounds, I will still be close to 200! I know, shallow reason...but right now, I'm feeling fine most of the time and enjoying my self enpowerment over food. I'm gaining a new frame of thinking pertaining to food, so hopefully I will be able to manage/control what I eat after I break fast! Good Luck to yoU!
Old 09-02-2003, 04:48 PM   #578
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh all this talk about chicken broth is making me hungry! Ohsque, in your opinion, what was the hardest day for you to get through? Day 1 has really been a breeze. I mean I'm starting to get a tad bit hungry but it really is just me thinking it's time to eat so I'm like making myself hungry unnecessarily.

I feel that if I can get past 4 days then I'll probably be good to go for 7-10 days or maybe more? Like you, I'd like to get into ONEderland. I feel very strong and like I have a ton of willpower. Been doing Atkins induction level for exactly 12wks and 1 day without a single cheat so I see no reason why the fast won't be any different.

I hope you other fasters start checking in more often b/c come day 2 & 3 I'm going to need the extra support!!
Old 09-02-2003, 08:30 PM   #579
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
ohsque - your loss is amazing! I had lost 18 or 19 by day 12 or 13 (I can't remember for sure and I'm too lazy to scroll back a few pages). I have gained back all but 10 of what I lost. It's weird, because I am retaining water big time right now and I'm not sure why. Hopefully some of it will drop off over the next couple of days (I've decided to fast through the weekend).

When I started eating again, I jumped in with a salad and had no problems, but everyone is different so take it easy!

Congrats and Good Luck with your amazing loss!
Old 09-02-2003, 08:36 PM   #580
Seriouslyme

Gallery: Seriouslyme
Hi fasters! Congrats to all of you who are choosing to fast for yourself. (Well, that sounds funny...one can't exactly fast for someone else).

When any of you really want to eat (mentally not physically) I found it was always helpful to come to the board and read this thread.....takes the mind off of food, and on to detoxing.

Stay positive!!!!!!!

I think the only down side I have from fasting is the extra skin...I even have on the back of my neck, and on my forearms. It is weird. I have read tho...that it takes as much as a year or two to 'tighten' up. That is the biggest downside from both Atkins and fasting. The up side is that I am healthier and thinner than I have been in years.

Rock on!!!!!

Old 09-02-2003, 08:42 PM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

GwnStfni...BY FARRRR the worst of the days was on Day 2 for me. I had a migrane like horrible, terrible headache- and I was at work, with no way to go home and crawl into bed... It must have been the caffeine (big coffee drinker here!) and the carbs withdrawel.... I wasn't hungry at all that day- was feeling too sick for that! But luckily I made it through

AllisonB ....thanks for your words! I'm totally amazed as well... I'm wondering do you think that the average gain after a fast is usuallly 10ish pounds? or is it a percentage of what you've lost? I'm expecting a gain of 8-10 pounds no matter what- so I don't want to set myself up for a downfall afterwards! Oh well, I'll take any loss that is there- but mostly glad that I think I am gonna be able to control what I eat and stick to plan better..heck, I was yo-yoing for months, and needed this badly!

Onward to day 9 for me
Old 09-03-2003, 04:23 AM   #582
Junior LCF Member

Day 3 has been going well for me, I can't believe my will power. When low carbing, it was so easy for me to give in and cheat. Food is around alot with the kids and I haven't touched any. My left leg has been hurting and I've been tired but that's about it, I feel good this morning. Mentally, I feel great. I dropped another 2 pounds bringing me to 11 total so far.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:55 AM   #583
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Location: Do whatever ya want, cuz today I'm handin out lollipops and ass-whoopins,and I'm all outta lollipops
Gallery: Rolleen
Good Morning Fasters, Day two for me. Felt really good yesterday. Woke up at 2 in the morning with a really bad headache. Lated a couple hours. Tom is on its way. That might have something to do with the headache. Down 3 pounds this morning. I am doing this fast for weight loss. I can't believe how much better you feel after not eating carbs for a day. I feel really rested and alert. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:24 AM   #584
lovinatkins

Good mornin' fasters.
I am on my 36 hour fast today. With TOM on the way it is harder than usual. I don't know what it is but a few days before TOM I am constantly hungry. I feel like my stomach is a black hole where I just can't seem to fill up. I am actually glad I am fasting because then the choice to overeat is gone. I am drinking tea today (herbal) and depending on how I feel I may stretch this fast out until TOM comes if only to keep from overindulging and having to deal with uncomfortable bloating on top of the cramps and misery

Ohsuque- Just for reference, I don't think the average is a # of pounds because some people won't even lose ten while on a fast. I think it is a %, but I am not sure what the average would be but in my experience, I gained back about 20% of my loss within a weeks time and then no more (I lost around 11 in 4 days and kept off almost 10). However, I broke my fast slowly, and stayed under 20 carbs when I went back to Atkins. There will be weight gain, but it is manageable to some extent. Also, I do a 36 hour fast weekly which also helps maintain (and add to) that initial fasting loss. Once I hit the 170's (while fasting) I said I would never go back to the 180's again. And through a combination of fasting and Atkins I haven't, and am on my way to the 160's (not sure where I am right now, I refuse to weight right before TOM!). Last stop, 150-ish!

SHS 4

Last edited by lovinatkins; 09-03-2003 at 05:26 AM..

Old 09-03-2003, 05:32 AM   #585
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MsAckwith
Day 3 ...

Which means I made it through Day 2 ... yeah! I'm still not hungry, just feel so empty! I know that is why I broke my fast the last time, I think it actually scared me, lol!

How is everybody doing?

Virgobaby - are you still running? I ran on the Day 1, but not since, may try a mild jog today.

AND WHERE'S BELLE ????

Girl, I hope you are O.K., give us a shout-out!

Well, nothing interesting to report, no headaches, body aches, my tongue isn't even coated, what's up with that?

Will check in with you all later
Old 09-03-2003, 05:32 AM   #586

Gallery: Kose
Morning fasters!
i just came in to read and get support. i'm starting my long fast tomorrow for about 40 days. (i think its that long) i really want a true detox and control over wad goes into my mouth.

Kimmer, just a question, i read that u fasted years back and lost so much weight! just for curiousity, did u had much to lose?
Old 09-03-2003, 05:35 AM   #587
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori42
Stats: 144/128/125
WOE: Moderate carb, whole foods
Start Date: May 2003
My 36 hour fast is over as we speak! I don't know why it was so hard this time. I was so hungry and had a terrible headache.
I had added the apple cider vinegar and I think this may have been the cause.
Do you think it was making my detox heavier? Any thoughts on this?
I'd like to to a 36 hour fast weekly but I don't want to feel THAT bad! heehee..
And GwnStfni when I did my 3 day fast previously the 2nd day was the hardest for me. Ymmv (your mileage may vary)...

Good luck everyone and definitely come here for support!

Lori
Old 09-03-2003, 06:26 AM   #588
lovinatkins

You made it through, Lori, and that's what counts! I have to say though, this is my 4th 36 hour fast (been doing it for a month after my initial 4 day fast) and it gets easier every time, except this one! I think it's just because of TOM coming so I feel floopy already. But other than that, I think you will have a pretty easy time of it next week (especially if you are in ketosis when you start).

Kose- And if you want my .02 I would definitely talk to your Dr. before starting a 40 day water only fast. That is a long time, and I am not convinced that length of time is necessary or even safe for a good detox. If you are doing it for weight loss, I would consider doing a veggie juice fast in order to keep you regular, get some nutrients and detox a little more gently. You WILL lose weight very quickly even with veggie juice. Suppose you drink 500 cal. of veggie juice per day, you are only losing a pound per week less than on water only but it will be much easier to sustain and in my opinion, much safer and gentler on your body. Water only for 40 days if you have never done a long fast seems unneccesarily harsh and again, IMO, dangerous. If you are hell bent there is little I can say to stop you and I wish you luck. But please make sure you really pay attention to the signals your body is giving you and if it feels "wrong" then break your fast. It isn't a contest and if you don't make the 40 days, you haven't failed. I know what it's like to be desperate to lose weight, but water fasting for 40 days to get the quickest fix is not the best long term solution. Just to add, Kimmer lost 67 pounds on her 45 day fast. She did have a lot to lose. And incidentally, she gained it all back eventually. Since she isn't around, I will tell you what I know of her longer fast. She did not drink water at all, but Diet soda. At the time she did if purely for weightloss, although now (about 20 years later) I do not believe she would suggest a long term water fast for weight loss only, especially without talking to a doctor, but I could be wrong.

Old 09-03-2003, 06:48 AM   #589
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: karat
Stats: 176/176/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: Jan 7, 2008
Friendly advice. . .take it or leave it

I have been following all the posts; I even did a four day fast, and plan on regular 36 hr. ones. I did this for detox, control on portions, and religious reasons.

That said, I can also tell you I've been low-carbing for more than 3 years. In that time, I have learned to absolutely love low-carb foods; I have also learned I can live without "the white stuff"--indefinitely. I credit Atkins for teaching me these things.

Now to the part I want to phrase very carefully: I see a few folks with very few posts under their names fasting PRIMARILY for weight loss. Assuming can get me in trouble, but SOMETIMES this can mean someone has just started Atkins, or is still learning about it prior to starting it. IF this is the case, I urge you to try the regular Atkins approach before touching the fast. You will lose weight at a generally gratifying rate; you will be in ketosis, with the wonderful appetite suppression that brings, and you will be able to learn to love foods which are good for you.

Fasting is not a quick-fix for weight loss; you WILL gain back some if not all the weight. Very few folks keep it off. Fasting IS a lovely way to re-aquaint yourself with the miraculous machine we live in.

If you are an old hand at Atkins and just have not been on the boards, I am NOT speaking to you. Only to those who haven't given low-carb a chance, and are fasting primarily for weight loss (be honest with yourself--please).

Off the soapbox, and on to the cheering--you folks who are a week or more--your energy and positive message just floods off the page. Wow.

karat

Last edited by karat; 09-03-2003 at 07:06 AM..
Old 09-03-2003, 07:04 AM   #590

thanks for all your advices.

i know some people may think i'm doing it for weight loss but i'm not. i ain't going entirely for 40 days straight buy i may go for 10 days with a break of 5 days of stillmans in between. and if hunger returns, i will definitely stop fasting and do stillmans with a mix of atkins.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:43 AM   #591
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: handicapped91
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/03
30 day Detox

Hi Guys,
Well I stayed the same today (123). I will start my 36 hr fast tonight at 8:00. I am hoping it will be a breeze. I will do my food shopping today so I don't have to deal with food tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:02 AM   #592
Major LCF Poster!

Day 9

Good Morning, onward to Day 9 for me!

Well, I have energy today- but also have a full 11 hour shift to work at my shop, so we will see how that goes once I get my tail out of this computer chair My mental alertness is very high- I'm getting alot of paperwork done, but the thought of going out in this mississippi heat to work in the yard- well, that don't sound like something I could do today...

I'm down another 1.5 pounds...bringing my total to 22.5. I have noticed that I'm not losing inches - as the last time I was at this weight I could wear certain clothes in my closet, I tried some on yesterday- and no-go there.... I'm not sure where the weight is coming from that I am losing- any thoughts about this ?

for the record I want to state my reasons for fasting....

1.)the detox thing- I'm so curious about this and am looking for *detox* symptoms all the time. I am praying for a pimple! LOL- who would'd thought! LOL but one particular article of the many I've read, show that infertility could be overcome in some women doing a fast- and darnit, I've been trying to concieve on & off for over 12 years- my diagnosis is unexplained..! so naturally I'm looking for a miracle here
My mom, who is fasting with me is about to have knee replacement surgery, and research we have read shows that a fast can help with this in preping your body for the surgery- make it easier on you.

2.) the control over food, the enpowerment I gain while controling what I do/don't put in my mouth. I can't tell you how much more aware I am of the foods around me...and how wonderful aktins approved foods were- makes me wonder why I couldn't stick to plan at all!!!! I have been on aktins for over a year- and for the past 6 months of it, I have found it just too easy for me to cheat one day, aktins the next, cheat, atkins, cheat etc......a terrible cycle that got me nowhere- I am trying to break this cycle.

3.) I will admit, the weight loss is a great bonus to this and I am thrilled to see my scales moving downward- AT last. It is motivating to stick to the fast- and also now, I'm for certain to break the fast by adding liquids for a few days, then some soft veggies/eggs/chicken for a few days- then after a week, I might add a salad- (don't know why, but I think the lettuce would be the hardest on my stomach to digest...). I am wanting to see if there are trigger foods I have and boy, am I set to see some regaining weight, if not all of it back, but I think now, I will be able to stick with the plan and lose the weight for good while eating the right choices.

I do not know when I will break fast, I just want to take it one day at a time.... I think it will be in the next week or so, but we'll see

I just wanted to share...if you read this far... thanks
Old 09-03-2003, 08:32 AM   #593
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello my fellow fasters

I'm approaching Day 3 as I started the fast mid-day Monday as I thought it would give me the best control over any cravings. So far so good. Little to no cravings, no headaches and the energy is okay. Also there are no hunger pangs and I attribute that to being in heavy ketosis when I first started but we shall see... I went to the gym yesterday but will admit today the energy is a little bit lower. I'll just take it easy today. Had a BM today and wanted to ask ohsque what you're doing about that? If I continue this on for 7+ days I'm sure I'm going to need to do something.

Stats are:
9/1 Day 1: 225
9/2 Day 2: 223
9/3 Day 3: 220

karat, I am glad you said something. I too have noticed a few newbies and wondered whether they had given Atkins a go first.

Last edited by GwnStfni; 09-03-2003 at 08:34 AM..
Old 09-03-2003, 08:59 AM   #594
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: virgobaby
Stats: 168.0/140.6/119.0 5'4"
WOE: hCG
Start Date: 03/08/12
Day 3.....

Hi Guys - Lots of great posts and advice here since
my last visit at the end of day one!

Feeling good today. The headache finally went away.
Nothing interesting to report - SHS is at 0 right now.
Drinking plenty of water. I keep a glass with me at
all times and sip away.

MsAckwith - I am so glad you are doing well! I also ran
on day one at my normal pace. I cleaned / unpacked
like a crazy woman for like 10 hours yesterday (day 2)
and had plenty of energy. It's funny you asked about
this - I'm sitting here in my running clothes right now
trying to wait out this miserable rain - it just will not
quit here! I have tons of energy - looks like I'll have to
do a step workout inside instead. I intend to do some
kind of physical activity throughout this fast just as I
did on the first one. I am convinced it helped me have
a better experience. Any time I was having the brain
fog or low energy, a walk or slow jogging cleared it
right up - every time! The key is to pay attention to
your body and not push too hard. I was not able to
run the four miles straight during fasting - I would jog
slowly and walk for a bit, then jog again. Let me know
how you do today, and if you feel the exercise helps.
I'm interested because some feel you should just rest
and not exercise during fasting. That just doesn't feel
right for me - like I said - it ALWAYS clears my head and
makes me feel MORE energetic, not less.

Where IS our fair lady Belle?

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 09-03-2003, 09:26 AM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori42
Stats: 144/128/125
WOE: Moderate carb, whole foods
Start Date: May 2003
lovinatkins~
I don't know why it was so hard. Next week I'll just do pure water. So we'll see. I actually had an easier time with the 3-day fast!

I would recommend anyone interested in fasting to get 'The Miracle of Fasting' by Dr. Bragg. He even says long fasts are not necessarily better (since fasting is accumulative). It's a great read, very upbeat.

Where is our fair lady Belle?? I hope she checks in soon, too.

We miss you Belle! And Kimmer how are you doing? And Island Blue are you ok?

Lori
Old 09-03-2003, 09:31 AM   #596
Junior LCF Member

I just wanted to clarify that I've been living the low carb lifestyle for 2 years and have gone down from 215 to 150. I've recently gained and have been stuck at 150 forever because of cheating. Yes you are correct that those with no experience with low carb and looking find a quick weightloss should do atkins, or stillmans for that matter. Again, because I have low post numbers, I want to clarify that I'm knowledgable concerning my body, health, and the lowcarb lifestyle, I've ust beenlurkiing for about a year and finally found reason to post, thanks
Old 09-03-2003, 09:44 AM   #597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

justerry, looking at your signup date I doubt anyone would assume you were a newbie Granted I just signed up with this forum a few months ago but I'm no newbie to low-carb. Lost 50lbs on Atkins nearly 4 years ago. I used to post on the low-carb newsgroup before finding this place which I definitely prefer.

virgobaby, I'm glad you mentioned the exercise thing. Like you, I just feel better when working out. If I'm feeling good and full of energy I see no reason why I couldn't exercise. I don't push myself, rather I just go at my own pace. As long as I feel fine on this fast I will continue to exercise.

Check in with you all later!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:19 AM   #598

so am i being flamed?

i don't mean to be rude but from the posts i have seen i feel like omg, everyone is turning on me. i ain't new to lowcarb. i have lost 20 pounds on atkins since the beginning of this year. just because i lurk around reading the posts in this forum doesn't mean that i'm some ignorant person to low carb. and when i found this fasting thread and how beneficial this detox thing and how to gain control over food, i decided to sign up.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:33 AM   #599
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: catkin
Stats: Made Goal! 132 lbs.
WOE: hhcg
Day# 3 today and Good Morning!

59 hours and counting

Yesterday I was still hungry. The pangs came and went several more times than day #1. I cook dinner for 6 people at work so yikes! Didn't cave, though. Reason actually took over and said--*You've cone this far, don't blow it now!* Can ya believe it? LOL! I had access to a Glucometer and for the heck of it, I took my blood sugar. It was 74, I like that! Measured only a trace on Ketostix.

This morning I'm in large ketosis (80) Yes! Still have some rumbling in the belly but it's less severe, so far.

I'm drinking green tea, just one or two cups a day, usually at a time when I'd be eating a meal. Other than that, I'm drinking 96 ounces of water give or take a cup.

I'm taking warm baths in the morning as suggested by one of the fasting gurus. I'd forgotten how pleasant and relaxing they can be. I follow up, as suggested, with a cool shower and a brisk toweling off. I've been using my loofa, too. It makes me feel so alive! Really gets the blood circulating!

Last evening, my calf muscles were a little sore. I massaged and elevated them a few times and that took the sensation away.

My tongue is white and I feel a bit lack luster today but not anything bad! It's amazing

Congrats to all of you! Here's to our rejuvenation!

I'm very interested in hearing from the veterans about their attitude toward what they put in their mouths now that they've successfully completed their fasts.

What has changed in how you view food? It is easier to avoid non-legal food now? This is what I'm hoping for. Thanks!

Oh, and BTW, I've lost 6 pounds.

AND a hearty hello to you PG'rs! I know some of you are reading this thread.

Last edited by catkin; 09-03-2003 at 10:36 AM..
Old 09-03-2003, 10:56 AM   #600
Junior LCF Member

Thanks GwnStfni, sorry a red flag goes up when negativity is sensed. And Kose, we all battle the same problems, weight. Wether we're over weight are trying to maintain. Your honesty is to be admired. Dr. Bragg said fasting is the best way to lost weight. In Chapter 14 titled Fasting Melts Away Pounds of his book The Miracle of Fasting. The length is up to the individual and I'm sure Karat was expressing concern. So, with that, I'm sure that no one minds us posting our journeys. I read posts for encouragement and it sure has been. I would have never went this long other wise. Don't give up, keep your head up!

Last edited by justerry; 09-03-2003 at 10:57 AM..