Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2003, 06:50 PM   #31
Seriouslyme

Gallery: Seriouslyme
Day 1

Do ya all notice that nearly every 'new' poster or 'faster' has mentioned how supportive the 'fasting/detox' thread(s) are? Gosh I love that about us.

Did notice some whining in the ranks tho!! (ummm....Island Blue, Kimmer!).

Those who don't find support from their loved ones, or SO's, just post here, tell us what you need, and I am certain you will get it.

I made it through the magnificent breakfast with nada. And, then at lunch, one of my co-workers asked.."What? You aren't eating?"...I said, "Me eat? It is 117 million degrees out here. I am not hungry". (good one huh!) I hate this frying pan weather we are having in So Cal.

My sore froat is gone, but now my nausea is back, and the nail polish on my little toe hurts!

My hunger factor is at about a 7 (on my fasting scale that says-no hunger is 0, and wanna eat even a picture of food is 10). But, will take a shower instead.

To all the new ones, who start today, or whenever...Hello, and welcome. Big bad breath hugs to all! (I know, that was gross huh?).

Hello

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2003, 07:14 PM   #32
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: JoeH
Hiya Kimmer !
(and everyone)

remember me ? the ole fat fast king ?

I like your new Ghandi-ish challenge, especially since I know you do inside fasting as well as outside

Sorry I haven't been in for ? 6 months - when I hit goal I just forget, then when I gain back 20 pounds I come crawling back

Wishing you all health inside and out !

JoeH
Old 08-18-2003, 07:28 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LilOleBelle
Stats: UCK !!!!
WOE: Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: T O S O !!!!!

O'KAY HAVE WE ALL MADE IT OVER THE BRIDGE FOR TODAY !!!!!!

Always Belle

WE RULEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 08-18-2003, 07:41 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Divinity
Stats: 250/233.6/150 (for now)
WOE: K/E or Kimkins...or THE BEST I CAN DO lol
Start Date: 6/13/07
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to send my congratulations on making it through day one. I know it must not have been easy!!! So kudos to you. Just think Ketosis will be kicking in over the next day or two, and although it may not be exactly "smooth sailing", you'll realize what a great benefit you're doing your bodies when those aha...and surrealistically (is that a word?) good moments hit. Of course, I'll then, probably be on day one...and starving, wondering why I ever agreed to put myself through this torture...but hey at least I'll have your inspirational posts to guide me

Well, that's it for now. I hope to start Thursday with GAPeach.

"Do not wait for your ship to come in,
get in your boat and row out."

~Thou in me art Inspiration, Revelation and Illumination~

Last edited by Divinity; 08-18-2003 at 07:42 PM..
Old 08-18-2003, 07:44 PM   #35
Seriouslyme

Day 1

Belle, would ja cheer up a little? (just kidding!).

Gosh, I am noticing that your posts are a virtual PEP RALLY! Thanks for your spirit. And just one itsy thing....the 'day' isn't over until I can put 'day 2' on my post.
Hmmmm. That leaves approximately 4.5 hours for me to be fasting on 'day 1'. Not that I am watching the oven clock or anything!

Old 08-18-2003, 07:46 PM   #36
Seriouslyme

Day 1

Cool Divinity...I will look forward to reading both your and GApeach's posts!

Old 08-18-2003, 08:10 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Seriouslyme Heyyyyyy Babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!
My day isn't over either, but heah, I wanted to give some incentive !!!!!

That bridge seems so LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!
But we CAN DO this......

I like trying to cheer everyone up, in doing that, it seems to cheer me up too..
And RIGHT NOW, I need that !!!!
Or do I need FooDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD !!!!!!!

Heah, wats that smellllllllllllllllll?????????????????????

Always Belle
Old 08-18-2003, 08:17 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Heahhhhhhhhhhh
This is for all the Newbies & The Lurkerssssssss
Just wated to make you guys feel really WELCOMEEEEEEE

Always Belle
Old 08-18-2003, 09:43 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 2B Me
Start Date: Need to get started again on some plan.
Re: 30 DAY DETOX CHALLENGE

Quote:
Originally posted by Kimmer
OK fellow fasters, today is the day!
My doctor (Hindu, thinks fasting is as normal as breathing) is board certified in internal medicine and cardiology. He has given me the OK for 21 days, but I'll see if I'm "finished" then, otherwise I'll go for 30.

Let's see, it's been 12 minutes ... yep, I feel great!
Kimmer - are you planning to attempt a 21-30 day fast? I used to fast in my 20's. It always made me feel better, but the longest I went for was three days. I used to use the book, "Fasting, The Ultimate Diet"

Are you still trying to lose wt?
Old 08-18-2003, 09:46 PM   #40

Gallery:
Quote:
Originally posted by Seriouslyme
That leaves approximately 4.5 hours for me to be fasting on 'day 1'. Not that I am watching the oven clock or anything!
I'm right with you! Belle, beddy bye? That's my idea too -- the faster to sleep, the faster this day is over, the faster day 2 and ketosis (or my lessening hatred of water) will be here.

Belle, she was our cheerleader on LCMW too! Aren't her graphics just WAY too cute!

Joe, my dear friend!!! Are you actually here? How have you been? Still enjoying the rare vintage vino? How's your wife (still doing low-fat, or has she come out from the dark side, LOL?)

Hello to everyone, I'm too cranky to be polite.

Old 08-18-2003, 09:52 PM   #41

Gallery:
Quote:
Originally posted by Seriouslyme
My sore froat is gone, but now my nausea is back, and the nail polish on my little toe hurts!
Any ER nurses lurking (where's DaveC?) -- Seriously needs triage on her baby toe. Ha! Detox that sucker! And what's with this detoxing of legs with you and Stefi?

I'm feeling sleepy now (it's 10:00, usually I'm tired at 11:30, after Leno ).

Adios until tomorrow people!

Old 08-19-2003, 06:33 AM   #42

Gallery:
Re: Re: 30 DAY DETOX CHALLENGE

Quote:
Originally posted by 2B Me
Kimmer - are you planning to attempt a 21-30 day fast? I used to fast in my 20's. It always made me feel better, but the longest I went for was three days. I used to use the book, "Fasting, The Ultimate Diet"

Are you still trying to lose wt?
No, I'm not interested in losing weight, although I'm expecting to lose 15-18 pounds on this (5 pounds will be water). I'm very interested in the detox benefits of a COMPLETE fast, as opposed to the weekend versions I do with tea and broth

Fatty1111, no I won't be exercising. First of all I can't, and second, I want my body to focus on repair and detox. When people eat food, 70% of their body's energy is spent in the digestion process. This is why people see such a vast change when they do a fast because their body is now focusing that 70% toward repair. If I were to exercise (assuming I could), then I'm asking my body to spend a large amount of energy on that activity, rather than repair. Make sense?

Old 08-19-2003, 06:40 AM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Morning of Day 2:
I went to bed at 9:30 last night to watch King of Queens and CSI, and the next thing I know it's Tuesday morning. I guess I was sleepy

My Seriouslyme Hunger Scale is at 0, which really surprises me. I even made my husband a sausage, eggs & (lc)toast breakfast this morning and wasn't hungry. It looked great and smelled great but didn't make me hungry at all.

Despite drinking 1.5 gallons of water yesterday (thinking of Kimmer the whole time!), my first morning urine was pretty dark. My tongue is kind of white and I have the worst taste in my mouth. I brushed my entire mouth through 2 cycles with my sonic care toothbrush. I was also surprised by the whiteness of my gums nearest my teeth, and the amount of plaque-like substance on them. Oh, and check this out:

Last food at 8PM 8/17/03
Day 1 of fast: 8/18/03: 225 lbs.
Day 2 of fast: 8/19/03: 220 lbs.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:42 AM   #44

Gallery:
DAY 2

I'm not hungry. At all. I feel like I ate two hours ago (not a stuffed feeling, just not hungry). Thanking the Ketosis Fairy!

Weight - I've lost 2.5 pounds, now at 133.5.

Changes -
  • I don't have "sticky" eyes. You know when you first wake up, vision is blurry, you blink and it doesn't get any better? I don't have that this morning.
  • My tongue is disgusting. I better bring a toothbrush to work, LOL!
  • I don't feel cranky! I've also gotten over blaming 'water' for my woes. This morning I had 16 oz. (I use the 16 oz plastic Dixie cups, I love the red one because red is my favorite color!)
  • No change in mental clarity (or maybe this is as good as it gets, LOL?), but it's only been a day.
I'm really surprised at the 'sticky eye' thing. I'm typing w/o my contacts and I can see!

Did everyone survive the night?

Old 08-19-2003, 06:46 AM   #45

Gallery:
Allison, you ketosis devil! 5 pounds and no appetite! You made it!!! OK, now we have to figure out how to buy Ketosis the car I promised her, LOL

You and I watch the same TV shows -- I love Monday! I also fell asleep watching CSI Miami. I don't feel tired this morning, but I'm expecting I will this afternoon as my body continues 'purging'.

Congrats to you!!!

Old 08-19-2003, 06:49 AM   #46
Nicurn70

Gallery: Nicurn70
Good Morning Everyone,

Day 2

Yesterday was hard, I did well until the late afternoon and then the hunger pains hit. Uggh. I ended up eating a sugar free ice pop and a Diet Rite. I felt better, guilty but better. Not gonna be to hard on myself til ketosis kicks in and I am better able to control myself. My 6 month old also decided yesterday was gonna be a crabby day so go figure. I guess stress eating a 5 cal ice pop is better than a bag of oreos. Anyway not hungry yet this morning and that is good. Glad to see I wasn't the only crabby one yesterday. Oh and on a happy note I lost 4 pounds. Water weight but always fun to see the scale go down. Oh and yuck mouth has arrived. Will check back in later. Hugs to all.

Jen

Day 1 ..... 216.8
Day 2 ..... 212.8

Old 08-19-2003, 06:52 AM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Well I can help out there, I have a Chevy Blazer I'm tired of pouring money into, maybe we can pawn it off on her?

I keep thinking that I'm doing something wrong, it's been too easy so far! I guess I'm a big water balloon, I can't wait to see the scale tomorrow.

I brought a toothbrush and paste to work, too. I'm about ready to hit the ladies room with it right now. I love Monday night TV, especially since they moved the line-up around so I don't miss K-of-Q.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:56 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jandonald
Ok, I'm joining in here today. I don't know how long I will last as I have to travel 10 hrs on Friday and then help my son pack and move and drive back on Sunday. I will take it one day at a time. You girls have really inspired me to do this. I sooooo need this detox and everything else that fasting will provide me.

This site has been so inspirational it just makes you want to jump on the bandwagon and be part of this challenge. So here I am for as long as I can.

Good Luck to all the rest of the fasters you are a great group.

Day 1 201.5 lbs

Started 1/2/2003

230/199/165

1/2/03 230
8/19/03 201.5
9/19/03 195
Old 08-19-2003, 08:03 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pooh13
I am sooo excited to see this post I am in I saw the post late so I have already eaten for the day but I am in tomorrow!!!

Hugs to all you guys were on day 2 or 3!!!

Wish me luck I am hope to fast away these ugly spider veins & this infection around my wisdom tooth!!! & hopefully this will reprogram my tummy to get rid of acid reflux!!!

Yeah I am soooo
excited I will be going to walmart to stock up on Water!!!
Old 08-19-2003, 08:16 AM   #50
lovinatkins

Gallery: lovinatkins
Sounds like everyone is doing great. I did my weekly Sunday eve. thru Tues a.m. fast and am feeling good. I lost 2 pounds (mostly water i know, but I'll take one!) in 36 hours and my breath is bad. Although I just realized as I am typing this that I forgot to break my fast this morning and it is almost noon. LOL @ me and forgetting to eat! If someone told me that six months ago I would have LMAO. I think I will wait to eat until I am actively hungry. I love coming and reading about your journeys guys, keep it up!

Kimmer- WTG on the water! I knew you could do it. Soda is evil. Bad. Yucky! Well, maybe not yucky, but the other two things for sure.

Would love to hear from virgobaby to see how she's doing. Anyone?

Old 08-19-2003, 08:16 AM   #51
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Island Blue
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/17/03
DAY 2

I got home last night and stayed busy. Packed up DD's remotes for all her electronics she forgot and put them in the mail, read through some Xmas catalogs (it's never too early!), and sat with DH while he had dinner. I was hungry, but funny thing - it didn't smell appealing. Fortunately I cooked like a fiend while camping, and he's fine with leftovers. I have another night or so before I'll start cooking for him again (he'll cook for himself too, I just enjoy it), and I'm suspecting by then my body will know what we're doing together, or I'll be so "icky" in detox that the food won't be appealing at all. We came upstairs to watch "Monk" and then "CSI" - I crashed by 8:20! Woke up and went to bed at 10.

I was looking forward to the deep sleep other fasters have experienced, but it was just a normal night for me. Maybe tonight...

This morning my mouth tastes ucky, but no worse than usual. And I just went to check, yup my tongue is very pale. I wonder if that is detox or ketosis? I thought the heavy detox thing didn't hit until day 3 or 4. Oh well, I'm going with the flow.

No hunger, I'm at 0. I kind of feel like I need a "push" in the southern region (to phrase it politely), if things don't move today I'll get an enema. Cleansing is my goal, so I want all the "waste" out. I've been considering the whole colonic thing, I'm still just in the consideration stage.

Well I'm off to work. Big day - trashing out the building and moving my office for the next 3 days. If I get brain fog I plan to sit down and sort through boxes of junk and pitch stuff. I'm supposed to go to the gym with my workout partner after work - playing it by ear. I'm thinking a bit of exercise might get the nether regions moving. I'll see how I feel.

My weight is the same.

Good luck to all! I'll check in throughout the day to see how everyone is doing!

[COLOR=blue]Please pray for our troops, freedom isn't free[/COLOR]
Old 08-19-2003, 08:32 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

The taste in my mouth is getting worse, despite many brushings. It's best described as a metallic taste. It's not sickening, just unpleasant.

I keep thinking I have to go to the bathroom, too. But I'm going to trust my body to purge what it needs to purge w/o "outside intervention" The Rejuvenation link that Kimmer posted in the original thread was not in favor of enemas. Even though that was written many years ago, the logic made sense. But I hope it helps you if you go that way.

It's 11:30, the time we start talking about lunch plans, but I still have absolutely no hunger. Like lovinatkins, I never would have believed this many months ago!

I'm going to walk to the local CVS at noon to get some glucose strips for my meter so I can test my blood a couple times a day, and to keep me from thinking about lunch, since I've determined that so much of 'hunger' is mental with me.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:35 AM   #53
CLM
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CLM
Hi everyone! I had my last meal Sunday evening and I'm doing great so far. I had a couple of stomach growlings yesterday but it wa no big deal.I'd rate my hunger at 0 right now.I know I won't be able to last 30 days as I have a very physical job,but I'll do it as long as I feel good. Have a great day!
Old 08-19-2003, 09:26 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stefi2107
Day three and i'm still hanging in there.

Hey everyone,

Well its 12:15 and I'm ok. Everytime that I get a hunger pain I just grab my big thing of water. This morning I wasn't functioning very well. I have bercitis and tendonitis (and i'm only 23) in my left shoulder and it was killing me and I was extremely tired. I've been working so hard at work the last few days I just kinda stared at my screen for a little bit in a fog but I went outside for the first part of my lunch and sat in the sun and i'm feeling a lot better. I called the chiropractor and she's going to do therapy on my shoulder as she also has a sports therapy degree. All I know is that she's on the Steelers training camp Medical team and she's the coolest person in the world. The sun has made me feel tons better, I've got lots more energy than I did two hours ago. Besides isn't day three on anything always the hardest? Take care all. Talk to you soon!
Old 08-19-2003, 09:29 AM   #55

Gallery:
Well, when I got to work today my coworkers asked, "So, are you feeling better today?" I guess I was somewhat of a pain in the bottom yesterday, LOL!

Still feeling so much better than yesterday -- REALLY enjoying my new "eyes". It's like they've been lubricated or something (I know that sounds weird), they move 'easier'.

CLM, you're fasting with a physical job? I take my hat off to you! Personally, I was kind of looking forward to the fast as an excuse to get out of housework this weekend, LOL!

I'm surprised so many of us got into ketosis after only one 1 day! That even beats Stillman's.

Allison, you're doing it right. Fasting is extremely easy (once you get past Day 1). All food decisions are eliminated, there's no internal conflict, no portion concerns -- you basically kick back and wait for the body fat to melt.

Good luck to everyone who is joining! I want to remind everyone not to push themselves, do what you can, stop when you need to.

Old 08-19-2003, 09:31 AM   #56

Gallery:
Stefi, have you read the link on Rejuvenation? Fasting has shown very impressive results in treating conditions such as yours.

Old 08-19-2003, 09:31 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 143zt
Hi Kimmer-

I really wanna do thjis..have been wanting to for a while...just a few ?;s so please bear with me

1. WHat to do for bowel movements?
2. WIll my metabolism slow down?
3.Will my weight loss slow down?
4.Will I be able to keep the weight off?

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs
Old 08-19-2003, 09:42 AM   #58

Gallery:
Quote:
Originally posted by 143zt
Hi Kimmer-

I really wanna do thjis..have been wanting to for a while...just a few ?;s so please bear with me

1. WHat to do for bowel movements?
2. WIll my metabolism slow down?
3.Will my weight loss slow down?
4.Will I be able to keep the weight off?

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs
That's OK, ask all the questions you want!

1) Some people are doing enemas or colonics, some of us are letting our bodies be in charge. It's up to you.

2) Yes, your metabolism slows, then raises, then stabilizes. Have you read the Fasting links? They explain in great detail about that. Keep in mind that on any program where you lower calories, your metabolism drops and during the day your metabolism drops/rises constantly (revs up when you're doing heavy housework, drops when you watch TV, revs up again at work or chasing the kids, drops while you're bathing). Metabolism is very flexible and reacts to what your body is doing.

3) Your weight loss will be in relation to how much you have to lose (I have 'signatures' cut off so I can't see stats ). Everyone will lose 4-10 "water" pounds in the first few days (same as Atkins or Stillman's), then you'll lose 4-7 pounds a week depending on how much body fat (energy) you have to live off of.

4) Fasting is the same as any other weight loss program. If you return to how you were eating, of course you'll regain the weight. If someone does Induction on Atkins, then after 2 weeks starts adding back the stuff they were eating before, the weight comes back. If you go from Fasting to Stillmans, Atkins or KISS, you won't regain. When you finish fasting, you still have to watch your carbs!

Old 08-19-2003, 09:48 AM   #59

Gallery:
Quote:
Originally posted by Nicurn70
I ended up eating a sugar free ice pop and a Diet Rite ... I guess stress eating a 5 cal ice pop is better than a bag of oreos.
Consider the pop frozen water. I think you did great, especially with a cranky baby!

Hang in there!!!

Old 08-19-2003, 10:00 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 143zt
Thanks-
I am 5'7" adn 145..I wanna lose 20 lbs..how long u think it will take me?
And just eating heatlthy will orevent me from gaining weught?