Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2003, 08:11 AM   #541
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Evangelina
Day 7, I made it!!!

Well I managed day 6 and have started day 7. I had a restless night last night, woke up many times. Last night my legs ached (too much walking perhaps.)

Now for the positive. My mental alertness is amazing! My energy level is out of this world! I feel great and I know I can do anything I set mind to.

I think I've had an easier time with everything because of my Atkins WOL prior to starting the fast. The first three days were just simply a breeze, honestly.

If I could give advise I would suggest that people be in light ketosis when they start the fast, I think it would help with the first three days of the ickies that everyone described.

Other than a headache occasionally during the first three days, I didn't experience this. I went into the fast in ketosis already.

My husband is very interested in the way I look now, and keeps commenting that I look younger!!! I certainly feel younger.

I've been able to do more work than normal as well. My house is about to be cleaned like never before today. I'm just....well....bored!!!! haha

Today I'm going to boil a chicken and freeze the broth in anticipation of coming off the fast, however I'm just taking it day by day right now. I don't have a goal in mind. As long as I'm feeling great, why stop?

I am in the process of reading the Bragg book.

I am not taking any vitamins or supplements with the exception of apple cider vinegar tabs, and water water water!!!

I want to encourage the new people starting and know you CAN do this. This is about taking control of your life, your health and your future!!! We will all be living longer if we can incorporate this into our lifestyles!

I'm praying for the bondages of food to be broken in this group, and that each and every one of us to have revelation about our own bodies, and the knowledge that we can be in control of what we do each and every day.

I thank God for each of you and just wanted to check in and say hi.

DAY 1 215
DAY 2 214
DAY 3 210
Day 4 209
Day 5 208
Day 6 207
Day 7 204 11 lbs!

No physical hunger ever during the whole fast. Just some "head" hunger!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2003, 08:28 AM   #542

Gallery:
Day 15

Day 1 136.0 (water only)
Day 2 133.5 (water only)
Day 3 130.5 (water only)
Day 4 128.0 (water only)
Day 5 126.5 (water only)
Day 6 125.5 (water only)
Day 7 125.0 (water only)
Day 8 124.5 (water only)
Day 9 123.5 (water only)
Day 10 123.5 (water only)
Day 11 122.0 (water only)
Day 12 121.5 (tea/broth)
Day 13 120.5 (tea/broth/Centrum)
Day 14 120.0 (tea/broth/Centrum/veggies)
Day 15 124.0 (above plus fruit)

Ahhh, the carbs in fruit did the trick and the water weight is returning. Finally! Thought I was going to have to dig into some pasta, LOL!

I'm in a rush this morning because the foster agency is coming at noon for my inspection. Who works on a holiday, LOL?

Good luck to everyone and welcome newbies!!! I won't be posting my weight anymore because I'm aiming upward.

Old 09-01-2003, 08:30 AM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hello Everyone! I really do enjoy reading these posts and the progress you all are making. I am ready to commit to a 5-7 day fast starting tonight after an early dinner. I'm already in deep ketosis so I hope this helps the transition. I will most likely break the fast Sunday morning with some broth as you all have recommended. If my results are pleasing, I think I may continue on with a 5 day fast every month.

As for vitamins, I feel that they are important but are there reasons why you all have chosen not to take them? For me, a couple of days w/o my vitamins and mystery bruises start appearing on my body. I know, I know this is a time to give your digestive system a rest so I think I'll just hold off on the vitamins and take it one day at a time.

sparrow, if you're really interested in doing this and willing to start tomorrow, let's do this! As I said, I'm looking to do 5-7 days and I could really use the support of someone else who is on the same day as myself.
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 09-01-2003, 09:14 AM   #544
Jot

Gallery: Jot
You guys inspire me. I'm going on holiday Thursday for 1 week and am planning to do a fast when I get back.

Over here in the UK it is being advdertised that David Blane is doinga 44 day water only fast, how weird is that!

good luck and stick to it.

jot

Old 09-01-2003, 09:28 AM   #545
Seriouslyme

Gallery: Seriouslyme
Hi all! Looks like lots of people are starting in, or are still going.

Virgobaby! So terrif to see you. I didn't post as much this 2nd fast because I had taken on a HUGE project at work, and I don't post to non-work things while at work. Mostly because I was afraid that I would get behind. I would have love to post more, you know me, fasting makes me chatty! Oh and thanks for the nice words...ya know, how I write and my size 8 bootie (AND THAT WAS OVER PANTS!!!!). I am such a happy girl, knowing that I can continually make good food choices for myself. Fasting really has changed the way I look at food. You'll do great. Post!

My words to you for this go around is that you will probably find it easier because one knows what to expect. However, I did experience more headaches. I was also MORE thirsty than first time if that is possible. BIG circles under my eyes, and that was just ugly. I wish you a good detox.

Gwnstfni....I did not take vitamins because on a fast one's digestive system shuts down and there is nothing to disolve them. I did take a powdered vitamin when I was breaking the fast.

Allison! Good luck on your 48ish hour fast.

Kimmer......GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!

Justterry....as for coffee, or any beverage, you can do as you like. This is a personal journey. I did tea on days when I was too nauseous to work. But I think your 'desire' for coffee will fade and then disappear as you continue on the fast.

Juliet and Msackwith.......happy fasting.

Sparrow.....a lot of fasting is personal control, and a positive, strong mental outlook. There are lots and lots of posts throughout this thread and the old O/T Fasting that discuss that how one looks at fasting is how one goes through fasting. It is important to be 'ready'. I had zillions of food challenges while I fasted. I just knew I was detoxing, and PREFERRED to do that than eat for 11 days.

...ooopps...I guess non-fasting makes me chatty too.

Old 09-01-2003, 09:35 AM   #546
Seriouslyme

Oh, and yesterday, my calories were under 200. I am certain I am still in a level of ketosis. I do get hungry, but not often, and when I do, a small amount of food satisfies me. In fact, last night I wanted more chix, but I just was tooooo full. I am working to STOP there. In the past, I just would have eaten until I was literally sick full. (Yeah, that is sad, huh).

I will do another fast before Thanksgiving, just don't know when yet. BUT!! This is my fav thread. I love all of you fasters.

Suggestion.......we start a new fasting thread everytime we get to 20 pages. I think having a longer record helps those who are reading in sequence, and want to follow fasters. It also makes it easy to find on the boards. We could call the next thread, Fasting Thread 3. That way, over time, a new person could follow the progression and development of the fasters.

Whatcha all think?

Old 09-01-2003, 10:13 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori42
Stats: 144/128/125
WOE: Moderate carb, whole foods
Start Date: May 2003
Any way you want to continue the fasting thread(s) is fine with me! Everyone sounds so upbeat. Tonight I start my 36 hour fast after dinner and will resume eating Wednesday morning.

I didn't take vitamins during my fast because they upset my stomach without food.

This time I'll have the sea salt and apple cider vineager (how does it taste? Smells kind of bad to me!).

Lori
Old 09-01-2003, 10:19 AM   #548
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Island Blue
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/17/03
HAPPY LABOR DAY!

[COLOR=blue]Good Morning to all you WACKADOO FASTERS!!

I am going to start a "36er" after dinner tonight and go until Wednesday sometime. Looks like we'll all be overlapping - but hey! We're all still in this together!!

BELLE - girlfriend, major spirit fingers going on over here for ya!! "Cheer Moms" - it's a cult thing... You go girl!!

KIMMER - WOW! MERDE SWEETIE!! I know you'll do just great. I was a CASA for a neighbor to represent her foster child through their adoption process. What a noble cause, and I am awed and filled with respect for you.

SERIOUSLYME - Major hugs. You are doing an awesome job of juggling all you have going on at this time of your life!

ALL THE FASTERS - (so I don't forget anyone!) We need to make some kind of list, I can't keep it straight anymore who's on, who's off, who's in, who's out!! Must be that "forties" thing, they say the memory is the first to go! I just wanted to tell you all how amazing these threads are - unconditional support and care. The rest of the world (and especially the PG) could really learn a lot from all of you.

Have a wonderful Labor Day - Tonight I FAST AGAIN!! YEE HAW![/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Please pray for our troops, freedom isn't free[/COLOR]

Last edited by Island Blue; 09-01-2003 at 10:20 AM..
Old 09-01-2003, 12:57 PM   #549
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Checking in. I am having an energy surge following my fast. I am decluttering the entire house. Can't fill up the garbage bags fast enough. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have not gained anything so I am HAPPY< HAPPY< HAPPY
Old 09-01-2003, 01:25 PM   #550
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: catkin
Stats: Made Goal! 132 lbs.
WOE: hhcg
Day 1 for me. Let the cleansing/self control begin!
Old 09-01-2003, 01:43 PM   #551
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LilOleBelle
Stats: UCK !!!!
WOE: Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: T O S O !!!!!
Thanks guys,
BLUSHINGGGGGGGGGG, you are SIMPLY THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!

I'm so VERY PROUD, of each and everyone of us...
We have given everything that we have and it shows...

Today, for me is day 15, and 2 more pounds are gone, and I can feel that I'm really detoxing, so I'm happy......

Well, I have some house cleaning to do, so I will talk to you guys later...

Have a GREAT and RELAXING Labor Day...

Love Belle
xoxoxooxox
Old 09-01-2003, 01:43 PM   #552
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LilOleBelle
Stats: UCK !!!!
WOE: Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: T O S O !!!!!
Thanks guys,
BLUSHINGGGGGGGGGG, you are SIMPLY THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!

I'm so VERY PROUD, of each and everyone of us...
We have given everything that we have and it shows...

Today, for me is day 15, and 2 more pounds are gone, and I can feel that I'm really detoxing, so I'm happy......

Well, I have some house cleaning to do, so I will talk to you guys later...

Have a GREAT and RELAXING Labor Day...

Love Belle
xoxoxooxox
Old 09-01-2003, 02:12 PM   #553
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: justerry
I'm just now going into day 2 and I've already got the tongue coating happening. I'd like coffee in the morning, didn't have any today. But now I see I'm already detoxing, I may rethink. My mind would like to eat but I'm doing okay tummy wise. For me, I eat out of habit and entertainment. I know the scales going down with all the water I'm drinking and I was REALLY swollen. Last night I weighed at bedtime after beginning my fast at 170. (my norm is 155) now I'm at 163. I'm only going to weigh in the mornings from now on though. Have a good day everyone!
Old 09-01-2003, 02:16 PM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
I broke my fast at the 48 hour mark. I was just feeling to spacey today. I do think I can easily do a 36er every week. That's my plan. Good luck all of you. I'll check back next week when I'm ready again.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:12 PM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ohsque
Stats: 262 | 260 | 180
WOE: simply low carb...
Start Date: 08/26/2013
Day 7

Well, I'm on the end half of day 7! unbelievable...

I did have a low energy day- couple of times, had to sit down a spell... once I was a tad dizzy/lightheaded... any thoughts to this? I'm on pure water- nothing else...

I am down another 2.5 lbs this morning- bringing my grand total to 19. I'm not hungry- been baking all day for my shop and not once did I want anything- or taste anything {MAJOR accomplishment on my part!}

Curious about my energy- if someone has some insight, could you share.... could it be a detox kind of thing?

Thanks for all the support! Looking forward to day 8!
~susie

Old 09-01-2003, 04:12 PM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

Let the 36 hour fast begin!!

Ok I'm starting now till Wednesday morning.

Hi to everyone and wow am I impressed by all of you!

Keep on detoxing.

Lori
Old 09-01-2003, 05:03 PM   #557
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Island Blue
Start Date: 4/17/03
Re: Day 7

Quote:
Originally posted by Ohsque
Well, I'm on the end half of day 7! unbelievable...

I did have a low energy day- couple of times, had to sit down a spell... once I was a tad dizzy/lightheaded... any thoughts to this? I'm on pure water- nothing else...

Curious about my energy- if someone has some insight, could you share.... could it be a detox kind of thing?
[COLOR=blue] Kimmer, Seriously or Belle (and there are others too!) will have more first-hand info, but if I remember correctly there are "ups" and "downs" in energy as your body goes through various levels of detoxing various things. And there's a mental component too. I would advise treating yourself very gently and rest if you need it. Your body will tell you what it needs, including food when it is time.[/COLOR]

edited to add that I'm bummed my little laughing guy isn't working in my siggy!

Last edited by Island Blue; 09-01-2003 at 05:05 PM..
Old 09-01-2003, 07:34 PM   #558
Seriouslyme

Hi all..........

Thanks Island Blue!

Ohsque.....the energy thing, goes through cycles; or at least that has been my experience. You will find that some days or hours you are exhausted, and then other times you are full of energy. Just go with the flow, rest when you need to, and take advantage of the energy when it comes. It is all part of the process. ALSO know that your experience will undoubtedly be unique to you, your body, your detoxing, your health, your metabolism, etc.

But, if you feel nervous or uncertain about how you feel, and you are worried, go to a doctor, or slowly come out of the fast. NO ONE recommends that one do a fast, or remain on one, if mental thoughts are not good. Not that you are worrying, but I just wanted to give that suggestion.

As Island Blue said, how one thinks is extremely important for a person on a fast.

BEST WISHES to you.

AND to all the fasters! WE ROCK!

Rock on.

Old 09-01-2003, 07:36 PM   #559
Seriouslyme

Juliet........way to go!

Old 09-01-2003, 09:20 PM   #560
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: virgobaby
Stats: 168.0/140.6/119.0 5'4"
WOE: hCG
Start Date: 03/08/12
Zowie Batman!!! This day one almost killed me - LOL!
Last fast I started very deeply in ketosis and breezed
right along - not so easy this time for sure. My tummy
is grumbling so loud it can be heard across the room
After being on Atkins for so long, I had forgotten what
hunger pains felt like - really! Nothing like a couple of
hundred carbs the day before a fast to remind you real
quick. Msackwith - are you still with me? I now totally
understand why you had trouble with your fast on the
25th - weren't you "carbed up" going into that also?
Were you low carbing or in ketosis before starting this
time? I hope so

Seriouslyme - thanks for the encouraging words - I
really did need them today. You are BEAMING in your
posts right now - makes me smile here.

Thanks to Island Blue and Nady also - I have gotten a
ton of good info out of your posts and links.

36er's - you guys are way cool - I'm really curious to
see how the regular short fasts work out.

Hi to everyone else hanging out on the fasting board!

Off to bed now & on to day two!

Later fasting friends
Old 09-01-2003, 09:56 PM   #561

Gallery: Kose
hey people.
havent got much time to post these few days but i broke my 3 day fast today with chix broth in the morning and stillmans in the evening.

during my 3 day fast i did not experience any detox signs. maybe it hasn't been long enough and not much weight loss because it has only been 3 days i guess.

anyway, i'm going to continue fasting in 2 days time and end on oct 17. don't ask me why i picked that day. i just liked the number.

good luck and stay strong for those who are fasting!
Old 09-01-2003, 11:06 PM   #562

Day one's almost over!

It'll be 24 hours in about 20 minutes. I got hungry a few times but not too bad! I'm shooting for at least 7 days but we'll see

Go fasters!
Old 09-02-2003, 05:22 AM   #563
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: justerry
In the middle of day 2 this morning. Feeling really good about detoxing, like I'm doing something good for my body. Here's my weight record so far, since that is one of the main reasons that Im fasting. my norma lately has been 155, long term goal (not fasting) is 135, I feel good at 145. But physically still a lot of body fat left. My main concern at the moment is not losing muscle. I've read in doctor braggs book that you don't but I've also read that catabolism occurs when fasting. So I'll try to continue lift some weights to prevent that from happening.
8-31-(pm)170 started water fast at 3 pm
9-1-(am)166
9-2-(am)161.8
Way to go Cinder and everyone else, keep up the great work!

I had edema and my period when I began which contributed to the vast weight gain
Old 09-02-2003, 06:39 AM   #564
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: flora_300668
Hello everyone

I like many others have been following this thread for some time now.......I have been sitting half on the carb wagon for awhile now and feel it is time to begin the rest of my journey to losing the remainder of my excess weight.......Im thinking that I will start with a 3-4 day fast........mabey longer so here goes....... I will begin tomorrow morning.......looking forward to getting to know everyone.......Thanks for all the motivational posts......
Old 09-02-2003, 07:01 AM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, it's the morning after starting the 36 hour fast! I am hungry!!!
Last night was ok (due to a big dinner) but maybe I'm paying for it now.

Who's bright idea was this 36 hour fast?? Oh yeah--ME!

Lori

P.S. Tried the apple cider vinegar and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It tastes like really strong (and a bit smelly!) apple juice.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:25 AM   #566
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MsAckwith
Day 2 ...

A big shout-out to all of you !!!

I got through yesterday, actually considered eating around 7:00 p.m. and starting over today! That seems to be a pattern and a very hard habit to break ... but I held my ground! Getting that 1st day under my belt seems to be the ticket ...

I'm not hungry, I have just used food for so long to placate my emotions, ya know? Not fretting over what I do or do not eat frees up alot of time to fret over other things. And I'm a fretter Iis that even a word?) , I'm afraid

Anyhoo, Day 2 is underway, I'm knee-deep in paying bills (gotta be really creative, this month), so far so good.

Virgobaby - yes, last week I was one big CARB, so this time around will be better, I think. Not really in major ketosis, but enough so that carb withdrawal is at a minimum.

Hang in there everyone, it's all good
Old 09-02-2003, 07:32 AM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: handicapped91
Start Date: 6/9/03
30 Day Detox

Hi Guys,
Well I lost a lb this morning (123). It's Ok with me if I go up and down a few lbs. I feel good at this weight. I am eating regular induction foods. I have slowed down my eating which has helped me to feel full sooner. I use to shovel down my food and usually overate. My husband would be half finished with his meal and I would have the dishes done.HAHA
Old 09-02-2003, 10:05 AM   #568

Day 2 So far so good

I had a few pangs but they haven't been uncontrollable. It's amazing how they go away if you wait them out Just like we've been told for ions!

It was tough at work but I persevered! I amost cracked at dinner time, too! But not a morsel passed these lips!

I don't feel any different than normal. My tongue is a bit coated in the back so that's a sure sign something is happening.

Big hugs and encouragement to all!

I stopped smoking cold turkey on May 18, 2003 after 33 or so years. My lungs are happy about that! I stopped drinking coffee earlier this year. My only physical addiction now is white sugar. I could go forever without bread, etc. but the sugar calls to me. It's by far the most difficult thing I've tried to give up. I'm fasting to try to the upper hand in this area.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Carry on!

Last edited by catkin; 09-02-2003 at 10:06 AM..
Old 09-02-2003, 11:24 AM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Good Morning fellow Fasters!
Well, I'm approaching 24hrs here of no food and feeling fine. I was in real heavy ketosis before starting yesterday so I think that helped alot with the transition. No hunger pangs at all (so far). I went to the gym today and took advantage of my energy while it's still here with me. I'm drinking like a camel today. I'll spend the rest of the day cleaning then we're going bowling later so it should keep my mind off food.

I'm aiming for 7 days as well cinder! Just curious how much water everyone is drinking? Is 1 gallon enough? It's not even noon and I'm nearly at 1 gallon already. My breath is out of this world. I hope I don't have to be close to anyone tonight while we're bowling as I do not want to offend! Yikes, I can barely stand it.

Day 1: 225lbs
Old 09-02-2003, 01:54 PM   #570
Major LCF Poster!

I'm sooooo hungreeeeey!!

Definitely a 10.

It's not even been 24 hours.

Yuck.

Lori