Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2003, 08:59 PM   #511
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Evangelina
Day 5 all is well!!!!

Whew I made it through day 5. What I also realized is that I started the evening before so I'm actually on day 5 plus 12 hours!!! I should have done my fast by the hour but I did it by the next day. I'm considering the round off now as extra hours!!! haha

Day four was a real mental challenge with food for some reason. I got jealous of people who were eating. I even smelled food that wasn't there haha I wanted food but felt absolutely no hunger whatsoever.

Work has been extra stressful this week, and Kimmer BTW we are a true nonprofit agency providing humanitarian aid and adoption for orphaned children worldwide. No expensive trips for me. I do get to go to some exotic extremely poverty ridden third world countries though .

DAY 1 215
DAY 2 214
DAY 3 210
Day 4 209
Day 5 208

I walked for hours in the mall yesterday, and felt great. I have absolutely no tiredness or weakness at all.

I noticed all my fat places are becoming bumpy....ewww. My "triceps" are just one waddle

Guess I'm off to work on that soon!!!

Well this is my check in and I'm really happy with everything right now.

I have no goal for timing, I'm just going one day at a time.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2003, 09:01 PM   #512
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nady
Quote:
Originally posted by Island Blue
[COLOR=blue]Why 36 hours? I dunno! ****
***I don't know where the 36 hour numbers came from, it just works for my schedule this week.
[/COLOR]
It's like dinner on Sunday to breakfast on Tuesday~ 36 hours ~ skipping Monday all together!
~~~N
Old 08-30-2003, 10:23 PM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LilOleBelle
Stats: UCK !!!!
WOE: Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: T O S O !!!!!
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Am I the only ONEEEEEEEE
Still fasting, with ONLY WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look at this, I'm away for a few days and everone STOPSSSSSSSSSS
WATER FASTINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Helppppppppppppppppppppp

I must go and read everyones post...

I'm tiotally LOST, I tell you....

Always Belle
xoxoxoxo
Old 08-31-2003, 12:14 AM   #514
Seriouslyme

Gallery: Seriouslyme
Hi All...

Spent the day out with friends. It was great. Today is second day of breaking fast. Had soup for lunch. And for dinner, some lettuce with cheese and chix. Tummy grumbled some, but overall feel good. I probably ate too much for dinner considering this is only 2 day off of fast, but it was still only 500 calories for the entire day, if that. Amazing how much less food I need now.

OH! I shopped with a friend today, and I saw a pair of 8 pants, but thought, no...I need a 12. My girlfriend told me to just try the 8's over my pants just to see. THEY FIT!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. So. I guess I wear an 8. I want to stay on atkins, with low carbs, and careful calories til I hit a 6. I think I will be happy with a 6. Need to do some toning tho...must put together a plan for that.

I am constantly thirsty. So, tomorrow I am really going to concintrate on drinking enough water. Maybe eating some food makes the body need more water than when fasting...I don't know. But I am really thirsty.

Belle are you still fasting? Hope all is well.

And hi to everyone. I must have walked 100 miles today...going to hit the hay.

See ya all tomorrow!

Old 08-31-2003, 05:37 AM   #515
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Evangelina
Day 6 and I feel great!!!!!

Belle I'm water fasting. You aren't alone!!!

Evangelina
Old 08-31-2003, 06:05 AM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori42
Stats: 144/128/125
WOE: Moderate carb, whole foods
Start Date: May 2003
Quote:
[COLOR=blue]Why 36 hours? I dunno! I guess that's a number that Lori picked and I jumped all over it! OH NO! I'm such a sheep!!! What will the PG say about THAT!

BUT WAIT!! I'm a LORI sheep, NOT a KIMMER sheep! Pssssh! Sure blew THAT notion out of the water didn't I!!!!
[/COLOR]
It's funny you should say that, Island! I guess I'm a Kimmer sheep (so psssst! you really ARE a Kimmer sheep once removed! Ha Ha!! ).

I chose the 36 hour weekly fast because it's been recommended in Dr. Bragg's fasting book.

Well today's Sunday!! Happy fasting everyone! I can't wait to start Monday evening.

Oh by the way--my 2lb. gain was just my period and today being my weekly weigh-in day I see the 2lbs. are gone again. The only reason I figure this is so is because my 'natural' weight from years ago was around this weight. Sound good?

Lori
Old 08-31-2003, 07:50 AM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: handicapped91
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/03
30 Day Detox

Hi Guys,
Well it's day 4 of breaking my fast. I gained another lb (124). But I expected that. I am still in heavy ketosis so I am burning fat. If I was more active, I am sure I could maintain this weight but seeing that's not possible I will be happy to stay under 130. I will start my 36 hr fast on Wed night at 8:00. I will be interested to see what my body will do. Keep up the good work .
Old 08-31-2003, 07:59 AM   #518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Lori, I do not have Dr. Bragg's book. Could you give me some reasons why he recommends a 36 hr fast. I'm not saying it's wrong I'm just curious to know the reasons behind that number. Part of me wants a longer fast I suppose.?
Old 08-31-2003, 08:38 AM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Re: 36 Hour Fast

Quote:
[COLOR=blue]
Also, for those that are fasting for weight loss only, I strongly urge you to READ the posts of those of us that have come off the fasts. You WILL gain weight back. Please understand this.

[/COLOR]
Island Blue - Thanks for the heads up. I noticed this on some of the posts. I haven't made it through all 20 pages yet! So if I lose 6 pounds in 3 days, can I expect to gain back about 2 or 3? This is what I wrote in my other challenge group:

I'm on day 2 of my fast (I started yesterday after eating scrambled eggs.) Well the scale went down 3.5 pounds!!!! Of course I know it isn't all fattage but it was great to see those numbers! I must have been water logged. I even gave up my coffee. I woke up with a headache but after a shower I feel great.

So here are my #s so far:

Day 1 (after eggs): 160.5
Day 2: 157!

Do you think I need to bother with the sea salt if I only do an occasional 3 day fast? I do have a Trader Joe's across town. Kudos to all of you that have gone past 3 days. I just worry about my work performance suffering because it requires a great deal of concentration. That's why I am just doing 3 days. Julie
Old 08-31-2003, 09:16 AM   #520

Good Morning Everyone~
Well, just one more day and then we're off for *The Land Of Enchantment* I'm planning on staying very low carb so I'll be ready for the 36'ers when we get back~ Hey, how's that for a catchy name for the challenge? The 36ers? Anyway, I'm down another 1/2 pound today~ feels so good to be able to bend over in my jeans and still breathe!

Juliet~ I take the salt all the time anyway, it has improved my health~ I can only say that everyone is different~ if you're not deficient in electrolytes, and you don't flood your body with too much water, a 3 day fast shouldn't be a problem. Just be aware what the signs of dehydration are and be prepared to compensate.

Have a great day everyone!
~~~N
Old 08-31-2003, 09:27 AM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ohsque
Stats: 262 | 260 | 180
WOE: simply low carb...
Start Date: 08/26/2013
DAY 6

Good Morning new friends..

wow, I can't believe I made it to day 6.. my mom & I are just doing this day by day with no set day to break. We are both feeling great and losing weight!

I'm down another 3 pounds this morning- bringing my total loss to 16.5 I am truly amazed by this and wonder if I could see ONEderland in the next few weeks!!!

I am feeling great- no headaches- nor cravings.... I don't have any sea salt, but sprinkled alittle house salt in my water one time yesterday... ( I had a leg cramp the night before... yeooow! )

I had some oily skin yesterday-(warning GRAPHIC yucky talk coming up) and one bout with diareha.. I felt my tummy rumbling- and an overwelming sick feeling come on real quick- had to get to the restroom- pronto!.... from the tummy sick feeling to the flush of the toliet was under 5 minutes...soooo it wasn't any problem with remaining at work or being an inconvenience..... I was afraid though - it might have been the *start* of a day's event- but that was it. I guess it was some gunk & toxins finding their way out! LOL ok, sorry if that was TMI....

I've found my urine dark, my mouth is ever dryish, with a taste in it..can't decide if it's the *metal* taste y'all refer too.... I've find my tongue coated over ....

about the breath...do any of you all do breathe mints? I have just brushed my teeth several times, but as with y'all, I work with the public... I looked for some breath stripes/mints- but all the ingredients were these big ole long words and I didn't want to put more toxins in while detoxing!! any natural cures for this???

Ok, just wanted to share my findings.....
stats are in my siggy...

I'll check back in tomorrow...

Old 08-31-2003, 11:03 AM   #522

Gallery:
Day 14

Day 1 136.0 (water only)
Day 2 133.5 (water only)
Day 3 130.5 (water only)
Day 4 128.0 (water only)
Day 5 126.5 (water only)
Day 6 125.5 (water only)
Day 7 125.0 (water only)
Day 8 124.5 (water only)
Day 9 123.5 (water only)
Day 10 123.5 (water only)
Day 11 122.0 (water only)
Day 12 121.5 (tea/broth)
Day 13 120.5 (tea/broth/Centrum)
Day 14 120.0 (tea/broth/Centrum/veggies)

Good morning everyone! I'm surprised I still lost after drinking the broth (sodium) and veggies (bulk), but ? Today I'll be adding higher carb veggies and small amounts of fruit throughout the day (I don't want a sugar headache after fasting!)

GwnStfni, Dr. Bragg recommended the 36 hour fast as a weekly thing. He fasted for very long times (20-40 days) himself throughout the year.

Ohsque, the initial weight loss is very quick -- ENJOY!

This morning my lower back hurt from my housecleaning frenzy yesterday, but nothing 'weird' with my arms/legs. I'm totally into the detox thing. When I've regained my weight (to 135ish), I'll be doing another water fast for 7-10 days.

Welcome new people!

Old 08-31-2003, 11:49 AM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kimmer, do you plan to go back up to 135? Are you too thin at 120?
Old 08-31-2003, 01:41 PM   #524
Seriouslyme

Welcome new fasters. You are doing so well, I enjoy reading your posts.

Nady, 36's sounds good. I will look for it.
Juliet...keep goin, you sound like you are doing great.
Belle....are you out there!?

KIMMER...next 7-10 day you do, post! I might go along for the ride. Kimmer, do you ever drink beer or wine while on Stilman's or Atkin's?

I looked at maple scones today. I wondered how something so good, could be so bad. But, I left them...for someone else who can handle that kind of heart-ache.

I have had 3 days now of fast breaking and I must say, my thirst level is still very high, and I am astonished at how few calories I need to feel 'full'. I am taking my full vitamins again, and will add some veggis tonight.

I am also tired. Don't know if that is just BUSY LIFE tired, or getting adjusted to food, or what! But I am taking it easy. I might wash a dish today, sometime...but then again...maybe not. I am going outside to read in the hammock.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Old 08-31-2003, 02:14 PM   #525
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Checking in. This is my 3rd day off my fast. The two pounds I lost fasting came back and now I have dropped them again. So for a total loss of 2 pounds. I am eating strange now since I have had these weird wants like avacado dip so I bought some and ate it with cucumber slices. Satisfied me. Then yesterday I wanted pinto beans so I cooked some all day and had them for dinner and still a pound loss this morning.

I don't think I will do a weekly fast but maybe a monthly one. I DO plan to continue fasting. I believe it helps detox and that is important to me.

Hope everyone has a great fasting or breaking the fast day.
adi
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
Old 08-31-2003, 03:00 PM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Heyyyyyyyyy

Thanks Seriouslyme, Kimmer and everyone else..
I'm still here,hanging in thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

I want to go the full ~~~~~~ 30 DAYS ~~~~~~
So, I will be pushing foward with my plans....
I will be posting everyday, on what is hapening, with my moods, my body and my weight, ect....
I'm determined that I will follow this through...

This is day 14 for me [ with drinking only water] and I have lost 19 pounds, not BADDDDDDDDDD, but I'm just really concerned with detoxing and taking control of my food emotions...
You do not have to let FOOD control you, your surroundings, you, your emotions,your life, or just anything!!!!!

YOU ARE IN CONTROL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I have learned anything, while doing this FAST, its that you are the one that is in CONTROL of yur life, what you eat or don't and what happens in your life......

I wish everyone good luck in breaking their fasts or starting new ones, but for me, I'm going for the 30 DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!
Wish me luckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always Belle
xoxoxoxox
Old 08-31-2003, 06:29 PM   #527
Seriouslyme

You go Belle.

Old 08-31-2003, 06:52 PM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I'm blushig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Seriouslyme
Gosh, did I get the pom-pom and everything !!!!!!!

Love Belle
xoxoxo
Old 08-31-2003, 06:55 PM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Good for you Belle! Hang in there! You can do it! I may be joining you! Thinking of a 7 day fast...
Old 08-31-2003, 07:04 PM   #530
Senior LCF Member

GwnStfni
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Thanks alot......

Jump on in, whene ever you would like too....

Always belle
xoxooxo
Old 08-31-2003, 08:34 PM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sparrow
Stats: 5'6 138/127.5/120
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 7/25/05
Hello Fasters.
You guys rock!! I'm highly inspired by reading everyone's fasting journey : )
I SO much want to join this challenge. I really feel I need it to get a GRIP on food and what its about. I also want to use it for spiritual reasons...and of course, the weight loss is a bonus.
I'm nervous about starting because I have little kiddos who keep me around food CONSTANTLY. I know it will be SO hard at first. I'm counting on some powerfully cruddy days before I hope to find "special K", I'm just not confident I will make it through before ketosis hits....Can I count on all your support too? I just gotta say, Kimmer is awesome..doncha'll agree? Whatta gal. If anyone has some final "words of wisdom" i'd be appreciative. I'd like to start this tomorrow...yipes.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:35 PM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Sparrow
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
There is always room, for one more....
The more the merrier!!!!!!!!

Always Belle
Old 09-01-2003, 02:01 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: virgobaby
Stats: 168.0/140.6/119.0 5'4"
WOE: hCG
Start Date: 03/08/12
Good morning everyone!

I'm starting my second fast today. I fasted for thirteen
days earlier this month (4th to the 17th) and found it to
be a wonderful experience. I had planned "bad behavior"
for the end of this month with a few birthdays and a
move into a new house. I lost thirteen pounds during
the fast and have gained back most of them - not at all
surprising with my celebrating. I'm actually shocked I
didn't gain more! I posted on the O/T thread, and I am
looking forward to continuing with the positive physical
signs of improvement, (eyes brighter, skin better, dark
eye circles diminished, small spider veins disappearing)
and most of all - I want that FEELING that I had during
my fast back again! I have no clue how to describe it -
Seriouslyme does it best Energetic, introspective, and
just SO aware. I started the last fast deeply in ketosis
and had no trouble at all with any icky feelings. I got
hungry during the 13th day and broke the fast the next
day. I am curious to see how it goes this time around...

Seriouslyme - Any words of wisdom for the second go?
Was your energy lower this time around? You posted
less this time - didn't know if it was because your
experience was the same, or more effort to describe?
Does that make sense? I had trouble with that before.
I am so impressed with your journey - You just go with
your size 8 bootie girlie!!!!

Kimmer - Wow! You constantly amaze me with the time
you so generously make for others on this site asking
for your opinions and advice. I had a bad couple of days
last week after reading that PG stuff. I've only been
around here since May, but I swear, Kimmer bashing
seems to be a recreational sport sometimes - I'm still
trying to figure that one out

Sparrow - good luck starting - I'm expecting a couple of
bad days myself. read and post for support - everyone
here is incredible!

Belle!!!!!!! You are doing amazing! I am so impressed!

Have a wonderful Labor Day everyone
Old 09-01-2003, 04:36 AM   #534
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MsAckwith
Day 1 ...

I'm in too, Virgobaby! I have been reading this thread from the start, began fasting on the on th 25th, but only lasted a day and a half! Just wasn't ready to commit, I suppose. All these folks have been so inspirational. I especially found your prior fast/posting to be really uplifting and positive, lots of good stuff! (A fellow runner and kindred spirit!) I wish you an equally positive experience this time around.

I, too, take my hat off to the pros here (Kimmer, Serriouslyme, Island Blue, and well just EVERYBODY) and look to them for guidance and support.

Belle, what can I say? You have come into your own, girl! You started off as seeming a little unsure of your capabilities to being a true hero and leader! You are always so encouraging and your graphics are too cool!

Well, check in later guys
Old 09-01-2003, 06:09 AM   #535
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: justerry
It's still day 1 for me, I started yesterday afternoon. I plan on doing a 5 day fast waer fast. Any thoughts on coffee out there? I really want it but want to detox more. ON Dr. Braggs site you can buy the ebook Miracle of Fastings with a Credit/debit card for $4.50. That's what I'm fixing to do. I've gained from 155 pounds to 166 in a week from vacation and am holding a tremendous amount of water. Newbies, let's post our progress for those watching and for ourselves.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:36 AM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori42
Stats: 144/128/125
WOE: Moderate carb, whole foods
Start Date: May 2003
GwnStfni~ Dr. Bragg recommends a 24-36 hour fast weekly to keep the toxins out of your body on a regular basis. 4x a year he does (or did? is he still alive?) 7-10 day fasts to really deep clean! Hope this helps...

Nady~ I love the 36er's, sounds like a good name for us!

So should we start a separate thread? Or wait till this 30 day challenge is over and then make it separate??

Congrats to all of you still fasting. Way to go.
And welcome all newcomers.

Lori
Old 09-01-2003, 06:44 AM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: handicapped91
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/03
30 Day Detox

Hi Guys,
Up another lb. (125). I finally had a BM after a week and a half. I feel much better. I am still in ketosis although it is a little lighter than yesterday. I think the milk thissel is helping my bowels. I got some from Puritan Pride that are 1000 mg so you only have to take one a day. You are all doing AWESOME!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 07:34 AM   #538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, I'm on day 3. I plan to break the fast in the morning so I don't keel over at work. I didn't lose anything since yesterday probably for 2 reasons. The scale went down a whopping 3.5 pounds from the first day, and a put a lot of coarse sea salt in my water last evening. How much should I use. I'm still trying to read all the posts. I have to admit that I felt sort of mopey and depressed yesterday. I was actually feeling sorry for myself. I did have a lot of contact with food yesterday, though (shopping, preparing). I have kids to feed. I also went to Trader Joes and got the sea salt, hummus, and mac nuts. Well I'm off to read about the sea salt and "breaking fast". Next time I will be doing the 36 hour fasts - seems much more do-able.

So here are my #s so far:

Day 1 (after eggs): 160.5
Day 2: 157
Day 3: 157
Old 09-01-2003, 07:40 AM   #539

Good Morning Everyone~
Well, I'm suppose to be in the shower getting ready to take off on our trip~ instead, I'm here! Have to make this quick!

First off, happy Labor Day everyone! Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday!

Lori~ Glad you like the sound of 36er's! I don't know why there isn't room for both threads~ 36er's for the one day fasters and the detox thread for those still on the longer fast. Actually, I'm planning on doing more than one 36hr. fast a week, so a weekly thread would really be good for me. Also, I think there have been several fasters here who are planning a day fast on a day other than Monday, and a few who want to try a 36hr. fast to see what fasting is all about. Seems like we're not such crackpots after all!

Have a great day everybody!
~~~N
Old 09-01-2003, 07:45 AM   #540
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Good Morning Fasters. It's great to hear about all of your still working towards 30 days (wtg, Belle!), and those who have recently started. I am starting a 36-hour fast today (10:00 AM), and will plan to break it Wednesday morning. So I guess it will be closer to 48-hours, but who's counting? Amazingly, my 'SHS' is still at zero or 1 constantly. I find myself eating out of habit, though not nearly as much as before.

I'm holding at 210 (I started my water fast at 225), after gaining back 4 lbs. of water. So I think I can assume that I lost 15 lbs. of fat during my fast since that loss has remained constant. I've tried to do KISS since coming off the fast, but still find myself gravitating towards alot more protein than I should, so I'm going to spend my current fasting time to plan appropriate meals.

And Kimmer, good luck on gaining your weight back (never thought I'd be telling someone THAT!)