Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2003, 09:17 PM   #331

Gallery:
Re: End of day 8

Quote:
Originally posted by Seriouslyme
I am at serenity here and there. Not 24/7 but little bits.

I don't have serenity at work (too hectic), but I do have an increase of mental "something". It's like when you learn something new (like a new procedure at work) and you kinda sorta understand -- and 2 weeks later you're a pro -- no questions, no ambiguity? That's how I'm feeling now. And my memory! Of course, I'll probably drop dead tomorrow from starvation ...

I am not hungry, SHS-0, but sleepy and wishing I could have some fish. I wanna eat some fish gol-darn-it.

I don't want fish, but there was a thread on the main BB about eggroll wrappers, so now I've got eggrolls on the brain ... not at 18 carbs per wrapper though! Heavens to Betsy, I had no idea! My SHS is 0, but water is getting very, very old! What I'm loving is no appetite. Walked right by the cake in the breakroom (OK, I glanced, LOL), marched right up to the water machine. I think it's going to break from overuse!

Me making my own decisions based on information. Radical!

What? Wait, let me alert the media!

Hi Allison, Aimee, Goal!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2003, 09:32 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LilOleBelle
Stats: UCK !!!!
WOE: Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: T O S O !!!!!
Goodnesssss
Whats up with the PlayGround???

Don't they have enough over in the PlayGround to worry about, already???

It really blows my mind, they they would pick on us, when we are doing our own thing and REALLY not bothering anyone!!!!!

Sory, I'm late at catching this one, or I would of had a few choice words to say on that thread....

Kimmer, and everyone else.....
I believe 100% in what we are doing...
Or I wouldn't be doing it....

This is so UNREAL......

Ahhh, well, we knew sooner or later, someone was going to pick on us, for nothing else, but for something to do, and something to talk about....
Nay sayers always doooooo, confused and un whatever they are, do......
So, forget it, and we'll move forward....
Nothing they said, commented on, or advised on, had any effect on me, besides getting mad..
Now I just have to get EVEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care
My Idolsssssssssssssss
Belle
Old 08-25-2003, 10:45 PM   #333
Seriouslyme

Gallery: Seriouslyme
Now Belle...you know perfectly well that Cheerleaders don't get 'even'...they just curl their hair, put on some lip stick, and go on to cheer another day!

Old 08-26-2003, 12:01 AM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LilOleBelle
Stats: UCK !!!!
WOE: Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: T O S O !!!!!
O'kayyyyyyyyyyy
O'kayyyyyyyyyyy

I'll retract my claws, glue paint, and smoke bombssssssssssss !!!!! :

Always Belle
Old 08-26-2003, 12:10 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goal160
Stats: 234/221/160 b4 pregnancy..........236 to 205 after
WOE: low carb
Start Date: restart- 2/21/07
Hi everyone....I have a serious question that i think may help me along the way......IF I CHEW A PIECE OF CINNAMON GUM, LIKE ICE BREAKERS ALL DAY AND WATER ONLY.....WILL I GET THE SAME RESULTS OR CLOSE TO THE SAME RESULTS......I think if i could chew gum on this i may feel better.... Please someone let me know!! Im doing this to lose a few pds so that i can feel better and do Atkins or Stillmans correctly...
Old 08-26-2003, 12:28 AM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makeup
Hi faster

Just wanted to wish you well.

Goal sorry but I don't think that chewing gum is allowed. You want to give your digestive system a complete rest. However, if your ketone breath is killing your coworker then you make the call.

Stay strong
Makeup
Old 08-26-2003, 12:33 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Makeup thats the problem....I stay at home.I havent worked for a year, so noones around.....but i get bored at home, and i need something to do like chew gum..lol But i wont do it...
Old 08-26-2003, 12:56 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baby PHAT
I'm going to try again

Tomorrow I'm going to try this fast one more time. I've read a lot of pros for fasting. I have read that fasting will even get rid of tumors. But for me to feel better I'm going to drink the flavored sugar free waters from Safeway. And I want to take my vitamins and some other herbs. I was thinking about taking some extra calcium and asdopholis (sp?)

I haven't read every post yet (umph) but has anyone done a enema? I've read a little about a coffee enema has anyone tried that?
Old 08-26-2003, 01:06 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Oh goody, i didnt know we could drink the sugar free carb free calorie free sodium free flavored water....Maybe i'll go get some tomorrow.Walmart has allll flavors!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 02:40 AM   #340

Gallery: Kose
i'm whining because i didn't get pass day 1. but i managed to stay strict stillmanns'. whats with me?? i know i can do this but mental hunger just took over me.

but i'm not going to wait till tomorrow or something to restart. i'm restarting now!

i know i can i know i can. right now i'm going to get myself busy and starting doing some work to keep my mind off food. like whining in here.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:48 AM   #341
Seriouslyme

Gallery: Seriouslyme
Dawn day 9

Hi all,

Well here I am. Not enough sleep last night. Lots of issues rolling around in my head.

I feel fine this morning, altho I would like more sleep. Also, my legs are kind of achey. Not pain, just ache. I have been doing walking every day during my fast, and maybe that's why. I like to walk for peace of mind and to get my lymphatic system working. The lyphatic system doesn't work hardly at all if one is not moving. And that system is vital to cleaning things out!

I was rubbing my legs last night while doing some of my easy yoga stretches. I can see some cellulite under the skin layers when I rub. Yuck. But the cellulite is not there when I am not rubbing. I wonder, is any fat smooth? Is all fat bumpy?

My ankles are not swollen after 8 months Atkins and fasting. They look good. Well.....for an 'old' chick.

Ok...I best go to work. I will read ya all when I get home. Hope everyone has a good day. Peace out.

Oh..............just had to say hi Kose. Yep...posting helps.

Old 08-26-2003, 06:50 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leftout
Stats: 289/?/150
WOE: hcg drops
Start Date: 11/22/10
Finally....day 2

Yeah......I made it completely through day 1.....

My tongue has that kinda white coating...yuk, but other than that no immediate changes. I am looking forward to the serenity thing, and even the horrors of detoxing. This is just way kewl....

I really need to confess, I did have a diet 7-up mid-day, it did
ease the gnawing in the gut feeling. I will try to go water only today, but if I need the 7-up to stay food clean, so be it. It may
just take me longer to get to where I want to go, but I will get
there.

Altogether Now....Food is not my friend, Food is not my friend, Food is not my friend

Happy fasting EVERYONE......

8-25-03 .....276.5 begin fast
8-26-03......273.5
Old 08-26-2003, 06:58 AM   #343

Gallery:
Day 9

Day 1 136.0
Day 2 133.5
Day 3 130.5
Day 4 128.0
Day 5 126.5
Day 6 125.5
Day 7 125.0
Day 8 124.5
Day 9 123.5

Good morning everyone! What's puzzling me this morning is how well I feel ... still! Every day I wake up thinking this will be the day I "feel" the detox. Nope. Except for not eating, I feel just like every other day. Bowels are working again on their own (wonder if due hormones stored in melting body fat?)

Belle, how are you!!! Where were you yesterday? How are you feeling? What's your husband thinking about the fast so far?

Makeup, hey girl!

Kose, it can be a hard road on Day 1. I fast one weekend each month (tea/broth) and don't give it a second thought. But this time, with ..., uhg, water ... I was whining like a baby on Day 1! Maybe a few days on Stillman's to get into ketosis might help? Although I think someone on this fast WAS on Stillman's for a few days and still didn't find Day 1 too easy.

Goal160, truth be told I think a fast is personal. Chewing gum gets digestive juices going (they're waiting for food from the chewing), but it's not the same as having solid food ... so you get to pick! I know about the boredom ... especially with this #%&* water!

BabyPHAT, good girl! Fast the way you want to. A couple other posters and I had a small amount of yogurt before the fast to stock some acidophilus. I also think some people are doing enemas, but again, it's what you decide you want. I've also read of coffee enemas and their benefit (there's a spa in Palm Springs that offers them to their ritzy and celebrity clients).

Old 08-26-2003, 06:59 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: handicapped91
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/03
30 Day Detox

Hi Guys,
Well it's my last day (day 7). I lost another lb. Someone asked if anyone was having back pain. Well for the last 2 days my lower back has been so sore. I don't know if it's the back or my kidneys detoxing. I had a hard time sleeping last night. I will have to say that I am proud of myself for making it to 7 days. I wasn't hungry but I had to fight with all my might not to eat. I was much more active during my last fast so I didn't think that much about food. Now that my physical health has deteriated (sp) I have too much down time on my hands. All I could think about was every meal I ever had. HAHA. It was hard but thanks to everyones encouragement here I made my goal. I have a question for the person who mentioned the 36 hr fast. Could you give me some more info on it. What is the reasoning behind the statement that you start detoxing from the point you left off after your last fast to detox? What is the book it came from and the author? Thanks. I will still be on to let you know how much weight I put on.

8/20 129
8/21 128
8/22 127
8/23 125
8/24 123
8/25 122
8/26 121
Old 08-26-2003, 07:06 AM   #345

Gallery:
Hi Seriously and Leftout! We must have been typing at the same time.

Leftout, how's Day 2 treating you? It gets easier, really!

Seriously, I was just going to post about lymphatic drainage! Great minds thinking a like, LOL! Last year there was a thread about rebounding (mini trampolines). I understand it's one of the best way to get your lymph nodes to drain (the force on the 'down' jump?) Have you ever had a lymphatic massage?

Old 08-26-2003, 07:25 AM   #346
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Day 9: Down 2 more lbs. and feeling great! My legs no longer ache and I really have no other complaints. My second round of zits has cleared up and my skin is not oily. I no longer want to go to bed at 8PM, and I'm up until my usual 11/12 o'clock. I feel great when I get up in the morning, and I have been making all of my husbands meals. He again commented on how well I am feeding him when I'm not eating SHS still at a big fat 0. Blood sugar holding strong in the low 70's.

Day 1 of water fast: 8/18/03: 225 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 2 of water fast: 8/19/03: 220 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 3 of water fast: 8/20/03: 219 lbs., SHS: -1
Day 4 of water fast: 8/21/03: 216 lbs., SHS: 0 (+ 1 egg!)
Day 5 of water fast: 8/22/03: 212 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 6 of water fast: 8/23/03: 211 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 7 of water fast: 8/24/03: 210 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 8 of water fast: 8/25/03: 209 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 9 of water fast: 8/26/03: 207 lbs., SHS: 0 (18 lbs!)

I think we should just forget that nonsense on the other thread and give it no more attention. I make no apologies for being thrilled with my weight loss. I can't believe that with the years of pure garbage I gorged myself on that I'm not having a more unpleasant detox experience, but I'm NOT complaining (and I probably just jinxed myself)

I'm glad to hear how everyone is doing, hang in there!
Old 08-26-2003, 07:41 AM   #347
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MsAckwith
Day 2 ...

Why do I feel sooooooo behind, like it should be day 9 ... actually, had I not broken my fast on the 17th, it would be day 16 !!!! Ah, numbers ... how easily they seduce me ...

Well, I feel incredibly good, yesterday was a breeze, maybe it gets better with practice? But actually, I know I'm not in ketosis yet, certainly not after my carb-o-thon last week, which only ended Sunday at midnight! So I'm still using up my reserve of stored carbs, but once that goes, I find so does the energy! This seems to be true, even on Atkins to some degree, and is contrary to all that I've heard and read. What's wrong with me

I'm not weighing myself this time around either. As I said, I can become so obsessed with numbers and then it DOES become all about losing weight! I think Seriouslyme had the right idea ... I don't know how you've managed to stay off the scale all this time, but I salute you!

I'm off to do my 4-mile run. May be the last time, we'll see ...

Linda
Old 08-26-2003, 08:01 AM   #348
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Juleemaree
Stats: 217/?/148
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Feb 4, 2003
Day 3 for me!!!

Hi all!!!

I didnt post over the weekend because I was not at work and I rarely post at home cause I don't remember my password and my user name is different, I rarely use the computer at all at home lately, any way... I'm posting now and reading in a little bit.

Day 1 Sunday- ate a very late dinner of a taco salad about 11:30 pm on saturday night, not sure if that was ok but that's what I did. I had a glass of carbonated flavored water witb me while watching tv in my room and about 11:55 took a big gulp and went back down for plain water to set by my bed. Woke up on sunday morning the start of my first day, made breakfast for my dd's and went about my day drinking my yucky plain water, went to the pool all day, did laundry didnt feel hungry at all, but I missed the act of eating at dinner time.

Day 2 Monday- day off of work and went to the mall to return sneakers for my dd, stopped at KFC for the kids and they ate in the car on the way to the pool, the food and smell bothered me a little but nothing major. At the pool all day again and felt fine, was alittle nervous that I might feel sick cause of all the sun but nothing bad going on. Came home and got the kids bathed and braided hair and folded laundry. Very minor stomach rumblings once in a while, feel fine, skin the same, nothing really changed and I really feel "normal" nothing seems different, and I rarely feel hungry. I'm not sure if the worst is yet to come or what

Day 3 Tuesday- woke up, first day of 2nd grade for my one dd, my other starts 4th next week. I am sleeping fine, I do wake up like 2 or 3 times during the nite to go to the bathroom but then I take a sip of water and off to sleep again. Only had about 5 1/2 hours of sleep and I feel good. I do think I need to drink more water, how much water do you all drink in a days time??? It feels weird when I think that after today the only thing that has gone into my mouth is plain old yucky water, and a few pieces of sf gum, not sure if you all are chewing gum but I am.

I hope you all are doing well and even though I didnt read the thread since friday, I think I glanced and saw maybe some negative comments, oh well, I'm about to read for myself. I will check in later. I think this is actually going to be harder at work cause I'll be looking at the clock knowing lunchtime is near, I'm sure I'll get though it, I have to there is nothing to eat here
5' 0" 32 yrs old

I must keep saying to myself "I feel so much better when I am eating right, I look so much better, I am so much more confident and my blood pressure is normal. Please, please give me the strength to stick with this."

Last edited by Juleemaree; 08-26-2003 at 08:04 AM..
Old 08-26-2003, 08:06 AM   #349
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Kimmer, we're off a day I think (you're at Day 8 and I'm at Day 9). I'm counting Monday the 18th as Day 1, and today the 26th as Day 9.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:09 AM   #350
lovinatkins

Gallery: lovinatkins
Oh boy, hey Kimmer, do you remember where I posted the info on Dr. Bragg's recommendation of a once per week 36 hour fast so I can post a link for handicapped91?? I can't remember which thread it was and I'll be damned if I can find the link again! I knew I shoulda saved it as a favorite.

Handicapped91- It was a section of Dr. Paul Bragg's book The Miracle of Fasting. I will try to find it online again so I can post it for you. The basic gyst is that if you do 3 longer duration fasts per year (7-14 days) for major cleaning and then one 24-36 hour fast weekly to maintain your cleaner body and build on your previous fasts, you will acheive better health etc. If you count the hours it works out to anywhere from 75-125 days of fasting per year and gives your body all that time as a wonderful rest from digestion and uses that time to cleanse etc. This is what he practiced. I will search again for the link etc. and post when I find it. This is my third week of 36 hour fasting and I have done one longer fast (only four days though). I am going to try a 7-10 day one in September and still continue with the 36 hour once a week. It gets easier every time and it is no problem at all for me not to eat for a day anymore. Before, I would have headaches by 2 p.m and feel like crap. Now it is nothing at all.

Old 08-26-2003, 08:20 AM   #351
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Okay. I have to come out and admit it. I was sucked in by Kimmer ---AGAIN!!!! First, I lost 30 pounds on Low Carb My Way. I am at goal and maintaining. BUT I have RA and I started a flare. My rheumatologist said it could be caused by something I have been eating so I decided to try fasting. This is DAY 4 for me. No more joint pain. I can use my hands normally. Pretty much confirms the food theory.

DH thought I was crazy until I explained how the body heals itself when it doesn't have to concentrate on digesting food. He said that made sense so he is being supportive. Especially now that the joint pain is GONE. But my teeth hurt now. Makes me even happeir that I am not trying to chew anything.

My goal is 7 days and then I will start introducing one food at a time until I find out my trigger food. Chicken broth is in the freezer waiting. I am too chicken to try for longer but if I am still doing well this coming Saturday, I may extend it.

I have only lost 1 pound. That may be a good sign. I read that you lose a lot at first if you have a lot of healing that needs to be done.

Thanks for letting me join you.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
Old 08-26-2003, 08:42 AM   #352
Big Yapper!!!!

I am reading the Miracle of Fasting right now. He also notes that fasting 1 day per week can save 15% on your annual food bill
Old 08-26-2003, 08:57 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leftout
Stats: 289/?/150
WOE: hcg drops
Start Date: 11/22/10
Hey Kimmer, and everyone else, day 2 is progressing along okay.
I really feel I can do this fasting thing now. Completing day 1 makes it easier to continue. Question? How many of you drink your water room temp? I find it easier to consume at room temp for some reason, although I have read on some of the post that
cold water burns more fat.

Allison, I saw some of your scathing post on the playground....
YOU GO GIRL........

Here's to us all....(tipping up bottle of water )
Old 08-26-2003, 09:24 AM   #354
lovinatkins

Gallery: lovinatkins
Oh, Allison! Can you tell handicapped91 where that section or page is re: fasting one day per week! You would save me a boatload of time, as I have been pouring over every fasting link I have looked at the past month trying to find it!!!

Old 08-26-2003, 09:27 AM   #355
Big Yapper!!!!

leftout, each day does get easier. It reminds me alot of Atkins Induction, those first few days are a killer! I am taking it one day at a time, ever mindful that tomorrow may be my next day, or today may be my last (as far as fasting, not dropping dead )

I drink my water at room temp. I don't care for it cold unless I'm outdoors and it's hot. I am drinking the same amount I drank pre-fast.

As for my other posts you mentioned, While 1 or 2 had valid concerns there are some people who need to turn off the PC for a day or 2 and get some outside interests.

Good luck!
Old 08-26-2003, 09:29 AM   #356
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by lovinatkins
Oh, Allison! Can you tell handicapped91 where that section or page is re: fasting one day per week! You would save me a boatload of time, as I have been pouring over every fasting link I have looked at the past month trying to find it!!!
I don't have my book with me and I won't be home until about midnight tonight, but I can post it late tonight or tomorrow morning. Sorry! But it's in the first part of the book, I haven't got past the first few chapters.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:41 AM   #357
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dorihearn
question about the ACV-

Hi- I am wondering how much vinegar do you put into one gallon of water?
Thanks
Dori
Old 08-26-2003, 10:07 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baby PHAT
Day one (again)

I want to go longer then 30 days. I have to lose about 170 pounds and I wanted to know what is the longest a person can fast for?

From reading your posts and from what I read on the web the first 3 days are the most difficult. So I have to keep reminding myself I'm doing this for my health. So what is stored in the fat cells exactly?

I guess I will find out soon enough.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:10 AM   #359
Big Yapper!!!!

Re: Day one (again)

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby PHAT
I want to go longer then 30 days. I have to lose about 170 pounds and I wanted to know what is the longest a person can fast for?

From reading your posts and from what I read on the web the first 3 days are the most difficult. So I have to keep reminding myself I'm doing this for my health. So what is stored in the fat cells exactly?

I guess I will find out soon enough.
Baby, for quick weight loss, you might try the original Stillmans. I believe that Kimmer said you would lose almost as quickly as a water fast, but you are still eating. Kimmer is the best resource for that information.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:12 AM   #360
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jandonald
Okay. I started earlier and never made is through day 1. I have been lurking and I really admire all of you who are doing this water fast. You are my heroes.

I have restarted this morning. Last food was at 8pm last night.

I did have tea this morning and water, water and more water.

So here I go again. I hope I can be just 1/2 as great as you all are. Keep up the good work. You are awesome!

Weight this morning was 199.

Here I go again!!!!!!!