Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2003, 07:53 AM   #301
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
LOL, yes, it's become second nature to me now. We were at a birthday party Saturday night and there was a huge spread of food and a big cake. Everyone was wolfing down the cake and I wanted to scream "do you KNOW what that's made of???". But it did have that frosting that's made of like 95% sugar, which I have fond childhood memories of It was great, though - my husband was able to eat the meat and chicken wings and didn't go through the usual no LC foods experience. I also packed an LC chocolate brownie thing for him in my purse in case he was tempted by the cake.

My blood glucose is holding steady in the 60's and I feel great. No concerns there from my doctor, other than the usual disclaimer to call him or go to the ER if I feel sick.

Interestingly, I just weighed my 1 pint, .9 oz. bottle of water on the postal scale (use the tools available!) and it weighs just over a pound, to illustrate Kimmers water weight explanation.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2003, 08:42 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: warmsummerbreeze
Stats: 211.5/176/125 - 199/199/125 - 211/207/125
WOE: Atkins - Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2003/Sept. 15, 2004/Feb. 14, 2005
I am so inspired by everyone here. You are all doing so great.

Something Kimmer said sorta hit me and made me decide to wait a little longer for my fast.

I sat and meditated and did a little soul searching and realized that more then anything I want to lose this weight. It is first and foremost in everything I do.

What I'm getting at is that too me...for me, and please understand I'm speaking for myself, not anyone else. But for me the reasons for >me< to commit to a fast has to be for cleansing and detox.

Those of you who are in day 8 or just starting or are at any step along the way I have great respect and admiration for each and everyone of you.

I don't know why I feel I have to explain why I'm waiting to do this, it's not because I'm afraid, or that I can't do it. It's because for me I'd be doing it for reasons other then what I want...does that make any sense at all?

Fasting will work better for me to help detox when I lose more weight. When I'm closer to goal. I am losing now. I'm in Ketosis and feel good, fasting will be more benificial to me when i lose more weight. Or maybe I'm looking for an excuse not to go through what you guys did the first 3 or 4 days...lol

I love you all, you are all so great and inspirational, cheery and happy. I aspire to be like ya'll. To have the willpower, the strength and the faith to follow through be it for 1 day or 30.

Being the person I am, tomorrow may find me changing my mind. But today I am satisfied to cheer you guys on and sit on the sidelines.

Good luck and great fasting.

God gives strength to those who ask for it.

"We are all capable of infinitely more than we believe. We are stronger and more resourceful than we know, and we can endure much more than we think we can. In truth, the only restrictions on our capacity to astonish ourselves and each other are imposed by our own minds." ?David Blaine
Old 08-25-2003, 09:17 AM   #303
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Island Blue
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/17/03
Quote:
Originally posted by warmsummerbreeze
What I'm getting at is that too me...for me, and please understand I'm speaking for myself, not anyone else. But for me the reasons for >me< to commit to a fast has to be for cleansing and detox.
[COLOR=blue]ABSOLUTELY! You are very wise. You have to do what is right FOR YOU. That is what this whole WOL is about. Unlike every other "diet" (which is why this isn't one!), YOU determine what is the correct thing for yourself. "Diets" have external "experts" telling what and how much to eat. And as we all know all too well, no one plan works for everyone!

I applaud your ability to do your own soul-searching and make the correct decision for yourself. If ever you decide to fast, we're all here for you. If you decide it's not the right thing, I sure hope you'll come back and visit!

(((((warmsummerbreeze)))))[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Please pray for our troops, freedom isn't free[/COLOR]
Old 08-25-2003, 09:23 AM   #304
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

DAY 1 ~ Part Deux

[COLOR=blue]Well, I don't know how this will go.

I thought I was in ketosis from stinky urine. Come to find out, it was something else that was stinky (no more details!) in the trash can. Soooooooooooo, who knows what my body is doing?

I ate very, very clean strict Stillmans all weekend.

This morning my tummy is a bit icky - I just took my last handful of meds. My problem is my backside - I feel bloated and weighted down (duh, I had to come off too fast for the meds). Milk Thistle, huh Kimmer??? I'll have to give that a try, since I'm gonna feel crappy today anyway, what the heck?!?

OH - I wanted to let everyone know I bought a wooden, natural bristle body brush yesterday to start dry-brushing before my shower (get thee OUT toxins!) at Wal Mart for 99 CENTS!! The plastic ones were $2.99 and had plastic bristles - go figure.

Also! Yesterday in church they were talking about fasting during the sermon! We're doing a reprise of the "40 Days Of Purpose" series, and they asked "Who fasts?" I think myself and the minister were the only ones that raised our hands. Pretty funny since he's so lean, and I'm a Two-Ton Tessie. Anyway he talked about the mental clarity, and how Scripture advises to fast and meditate on your journey to grow closer to God. VALIDATION!!! This is the ONLY place I've heard fasting supported! So I'm going to re-read the book and use that to assist the cleaning of my spirit.

CHEERS FASTERS! (raising my 32-ounce pink mug o' water)[/COLOR]

Last edited by Island Blue; 08-25-2003 at 09:30 AM..
Old 08-25-2003, 10:07 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leftout
Stats: 289/?/150
WOE: hcg drops
Start Date: 11/22/10
Let me try that again............

Okay, I didn't complete the 24 hours....So here it is day 1 again.
I am going to keep doing this until I get it right....then on to day 2.
WHINE...WHINE.....WHINE...

Food is not my friend, Food is not my friend, Food is not my friend,
(re-enforcement is the key)
Old 08-25-2003, 10:46 AM   #306
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
Originally posted by Kimmer
Hey, a general reminder to everyone who is fasting, lurking, or thinking about fasting -- talk to your doc and get an OK, if at all possible.

Most American doctors won't be too keen about a water only fast, but if you have a choice of doctors you'll have better luck with a doctor from the Middle East or Asia/India.

Anyone who's thinking of fasting as a crash diet, you might want to rethink that. Your mental state of mind has a lot to do with success, and if you aren't totally into the idea of a fast, you can harm yourself.

People interested in losing weight very quickly WITHOUT a water fast should really try Stillmans or "Still-kins" (Stillman's, but add a couple small salads). Your weight loss will be only slightly less than a water fast, and you won't feel antsy about whether fasting really IS alright to do.
Just re-quoting this very important information...
Old 08-25-2003, 10:50 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: handicapped91
Start Date: 6/9/03
30 Day Detox

Hi Guys.
Day 6 for me. I am down another lb. I went food shopping today and it didn't bother me but I was pretty tired. I couldn't wait to get into the car and sit down. Tomorrow is my last day. This 7 day fast has been much harder than my 14 day fast a few years ago. I wasnt hungry but I wanted food. I had to close my eyes when food commercials came on. I was much more tired this time and bored. There is only so much reading and TV watching you can do. I like the idea of a 36 hr fast every week. I think I will try it next week.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:00 AM   #308
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MsAckwith
A shout-out to all you courageous fasters!

I have been reading this thread daily and have now officially joined. I had also read the previous thread started by Seriouslyme and began fasting on the 11th, posting my experiences as well. I broke my fast after the 6 days, mostly because I was feeling REALLY weak and empty. Since that time, exactly one week ago, all hell has broke loose! I have been eating non-stop, pigging-out on everything, and I mean EVERYTHING ... Atkins-who?

Before my 6-day fast, I ate low-carb, but since I can't seem to get enough carbs, mostly sugar! Needless to say, I feel worse than ever, so another go at this is definitely in order.

So this is Day 1 for me ...

Oh, and just for the record, I'd lost 8 lbs. and gained back 10 !!!
Old 08-25-2003, 11:00 AM   #309
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks, Dottie! That was very timely.

Thanks also to all of the non-fasters who have posted their support, and to all of the fasters who are winding down.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:13 AM   #310
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nady
Hi everyone~ Well, my mini-meal last night doesn't seem to have had any bad repercussions~ my eyes were a little puffy this morning, but I get that from sinus sometimes too, and with the weather we've been having lately, I'm guessing it was sinus.

Anyway, I'm back in track~ took my ACV, sea salt, drinking my water. My DH is so happy with the 4 pound loss he's had that he wants to begin one day a week fasts with me! LOL He's really being a peach about this~ although it's not the first time I've fasted~ he's getting right into the spirit of it and is encouraging me. Sweet huh?

I posted on the David Blaine thread~ couldn't help myself~

Have a great day everyone!
~~~N
Old 08-25-2003, 12:10 PM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori42
Stats: 144/128/125
WOE: Moderate carb, whole foods
Start Date: May 2003
Island blue~

What a bargain for 99 cents!! I thought $5 was good when I bought the natural bristle brush. Good for you!!

I'm going to cheer you all on from the sidelines. I'm already planning my next fast (end of September, beginning of October).
I want that one to be for 12 days.

I gained about 1/2 lb. this morning. So we'll see how it goes each day. And MsAckwith don't feel too bad about the pigging out! I definitely ate way more than I should have yesterday. Some of the food was low carb but some was definitely NOT!

This is one reason I wanted to fast in the first place--to change my relationship with food. The fast wasn't long enough (I only did 3 days with 2 days of broth and juices). But it WAS long enough to make me realize that this is it for me. I am going to change now no matter how long it takes.

I'm sick and tired of this being an issue.

Anyone relate?

Good luck and keep fasting.

Lori
Old 08-25-2003, 01:20 PM   #312

I posted this on the playground, but I'm going to post it here too, since I spent all that time copying it from the book with my two finger typing!

Quote:
from Fasting And Eating For Health By Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
The innate intelligence of the body is remarkable, as represented by the biochemical changes that occur in the fasting state. Glucose is a simple sugar that supplies the necessary fuel our body needs. Normally, if we don't eat for a day or two, we start to utilize muscle tissue to make the glucose needed by the body, since glucose can be manufactured from the amino acids stored in our muscles. If we continue to fast, however, the body senses what is occurring and attempts to conserve it's lean muscle mass by a few different mechanisms.

Fats are broken down to fatty acids that can then be utilized by the muscles, heart, and liver for energy. The brain, however, is the major utilizer of energy when the body is at rest. The brain cannot be fueled from fatty acids; it requires glucose to fuel it's operations.

A special adaptation occurs in the fasting state whereby the brain can fuel itself with ketones instead of glucose. By the third day of a total fast, the liver starts generating a large quantity of ketones from the body's fat stores. As the level of ketones rises in the bloodstream, the brain and other organs begin to use these ketones as their major fuel, thus greatly diminishing the utilization of glucose by the body. This significantly limits muscle wasting. Those keto acids are utilized for fuel primarily by the brain, muscle tissue, and the heart.

This production of ketones, called ketosis, develops within 48 hours in females and 72 hours in males, and muscle wasting at this time decreases to very low levels. This is known as protein sparing.

Thus, the human organism responds to the fasting state by attempting to maximally conserve it's muscle and lean body tissue. With severely restrictive diets, like juice fasts, the body does lose weight, but the brain and other organs do not subsist mainly on ketones. Therefore, proportionally to weight loss, juice fasts and severely restrictive diets cause us to lose more lean body tissue and less fatty tissue than do total fasts.
This was written my a medical doctor~ for those of you who still have questions or fears.
~~~N
Old 08-25-2003, 01:36 PM   #313

Gallery:
Leftout, remember the first day is the hardest! You'll go through all the 'energy conversion' stuff as on Atkins or Stillman's, plus more because you're heavy detoxing at the same time.

Nady, do Dr. Bragg's ACV or a different brand? I think he's written about book/booklet about that also. I had read about sea salt (salting), but I don't know too much about it -- except that my table salt is probably the worst "fake" version I could use! Do you have links?

Dottie, thanks! It's amazing what people pass over when they're speed reading.

David Blaine was on Good Morning America discussing his upcoming 'stunt'. He said he just completed a 6 day water fast in preparation for the upcoming 44 days.

Handicapped, it's also harder for me this time, but that's because weight loss isn't an issue for me. What plan are you switching to when you come off?

Island, imagine talking about fasting at church! Someone posted on the main BB about a year ago that her congregation had a 10 day fasting "challenge" of sorts to appreciate those who fast out of necessity.

Warmsummerbreeze, absolutely do what's right for you! When the time is right, you'll try it -- or maybe you won't. It's very individual, including what you hope to get from it.

MsAckwith, food demons are rough! I don't have any words of wisdom, it's hard when food has the upper hand. Try again, be patient, be gentle with your body!

Old 08-25-2003, 01:40 PM   #314

Gallery:
Nady, thanks! How did I leave Dr. Fuhrman off my fasting links??? Let me find a couple and add them. I'm missing someone else too .... hmmm.

Dr. Andrew Weil also supports fasting and alternative medicine. He graduated from Harvard Medical School and has published several books, as well as operating his health centers.

Old 08-25-2003, 01:53 PM   #315

Quote:
Nady, do Dr. Bragg's ACV or a different brand? I think he's written about book/booklet about that also. I had read about sea salt (salting), but I don't know too much about it -- except that my table salt is probably the worst "fake" version I could use! Do you have links?
I use Bragg ACV although they have a good one at Trader Joe's too~ I have Dr. Bragg's ACV book~ I also still have *Folk Medicine* by D.C.Jarvis, M.D. Can you believe it was copyrighted in 1958?? That's where I first learned about the benefits of apple cider vinegar in the early '70's. I can't believe I forgot how wonderful it is!

I use the sea salt because without the supplement, I become dehydrated to the point of heat exhaustion very easily. Considering that I live in the desert, sea salt has made a tremendous improvement to the quality of my live.
Do I have salt links??? Hehehehe~ I was the *link keeper* for the Salty Foxes!
Here ya go~

Water Cure
Water Cure 2*
The Salt Of Life
Water/Salt Facts*
Water Cure Recipe*
Frequently Asked Questions*
The Value Of Real Celtic Sea Salt
Salts that Heal and Salts that Kill *
~~~N
Old 08-25-2003, 02:11 PM   #316

Gallery:
Nady, thanks again! Where do you buy your salt? I thought it pretty much had to be mail order for the celtic stuff?

Does anyone frequent www.curezone.com for fasting support and way TMI about bowel cleansing? (Warning, the photos are NOT for the faint of heart!)

Old 08-25-2003, 02:17 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Romanissima
Stats: 201.6/201.6/145
WOE: HCG
Hi everyone!

I've been reading your posts for a few days now and I think you guys have lots of inner strength....way to go!!!

I'm thinking about starting on thursday because wednesday i have to go to my bf's sister's for dinner.

I already told my bf that i was going to go on a water fast and you know what he said? He told me that if i did he was going to bring me to the hospital and have me admitted!!! I'll let you all know how it goes, since i live with him i cant avoid him seeing me just drink water!!!!

You are all an inspiration to me! Keep up the good work!

Marina
Old 08-25-2003, 02:28 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: handicapped91
Start Date: 6/9/03
30 Day Detox

I am going back on Atkins. I started it on 6/9/03 but only lost 6 lbs. So when I saw the fasting thread I said this is for me. I am happy with the weight loss but I really wanted to detox.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:35 PM   #319

Quote:
Nady, thanks again! Where do you buy your salt? I thought it pretty much had to be mail order for the celtic stuff?
I buy Trader Joe's Coarse Sea Salt~ it's collected and looks just like Celtic but is slightly lower in sodium~ Celtic can be found at Whole Foods or similar store~ but it's cheaper online~ King Arthur Flour has a really good price and fast delivery~ If you really want Celtic, call around~ you want the gray, moist salt, not the fine white stuff~ they make several different kinds.
~~~N
Old 08-25-2003, 03:27 PM   #320

Gallery:
Nady, I'm not a salt expert (yet!), but I've done some reading. Is the gray moist salt something you can keep in an open container or will it clump? If you have some spare time (when you're not fighting demons on the PG ), maybe you'd be so kind as to highlight some benefits of salting. Most people don't know of it, I didn't until I was researching detoxification last year (my trouble is, I'm not a "salt" person, pepper yes!)

For those winding down their fasts, what is everyone planning for their first days? Will it be more of a broth type thing, finely diced veggies?

Old 08-25-2003, 03:37 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LilOleBelle
Stats: UCK !!!!
WOE: Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: T O S O !!!!!
Hippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Its day ***8***
()*&%@!#$^*(() BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHBANGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we the BomB, we we the icing on the cake???
O'kay, forget that I said that????
My baddddddddd

No headaches [ they are finally gone], but but my legs and back are killing me.......
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I have a GREAT excuse, not to have Mmmmmm
with the husband.......AH!AH!

Honey, I'm fasting, I'm so soreeeeeeeeeee
BUT I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!
I'm so VERY PROUD of each and everyone of you!!!!!!
We are actually doing this !!!!!!!
Through everything, we are making it one day at a time...

WELCOME, all you newbies...........
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are going to love it here.......
NO PRESSURE................
NO FOOD WORRIES...........AH!AH!

You take it one day at a time, and you quit anytime you like....
IS THAT AWESOME, or what????

I just want to cryyyyyyyy, yeap, I think that I have hit that crying stageeeeee.............

I love you guys

OffffCaough*(*&#%^%(*(), too Mushyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

O'kay I have lost a total of 2 more pounds......

Fat or water, I don't care, my clothes are falling off....

Well, I'll check in later

Love Belle
xoxoxo
Old 08-25-2003, 03:53 PM   #322

Quote:
Nady, I'm not a salt expert (yet!), but I've done some reading. Is the gray moist salt something you can keep in an open container or will it clump? If you have some spare time (when you're not fighting demons on the PG ), maybe you'd be so kind as to highlight some benefits of salting. Most people don't know of it, I didn't until I was researching detoxification last year (my trouble is, I'm not a "salt" person, pepper yes!)
Think I'm done on the Playground for awhile~ some people are so closed minded!

About the salt~ I keep a small container on the counter with the coarse salt for 'salting' and use something else in the shaker at the table. I don't usually salt my foods much~ I like the natural flavor. But I noticed that I used to crave salty foods, like chips, pickles, things like that. When I started salting, that went away. The big differences~ My skin is softer and smoother, my muscles recover faster after exercise, I sleep better, and more relaxed during the day, more energy~ several different things~ LOL~ it's been over 18 months since I started~ hard to remember everything~ less problem with leg cramps~ And the BIGGIE! I don't get sick from the heat anymore! That alone keeps me dipping into the sea salt!

If you're not a 'salt' person, you might do better dissolving the salt in your water~ 1/4 tsp. per quart. After the first few sips, you'll hardly notice it!
~~~N
Old 08-25-2003, 04:38 PM   #323
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Distraught

[COLOR=blue] Wow, just got back from the PG. I have never felt so viciously attacked in my life. Quotes out of context, flaming, negativity, and spewing poison. All out of "genuine concern."

It's so completely ferocious over there. I have NEVER encountered that kind of hostility on these Boards.

I am appalled. We have been accused of heinous acts. Coercing people to fast for weight loss??? PUH-LEEEEZE!!!!

I can't even vocalize my emotions. [/COLOR]
Old 08-25-2003, 04:57 PM   #324

Gallery:
Re: Distraught

Quote:
Originally posted by Island Blue
[COLOR=blue] Wow, just got back from the PG. I have never felt so viciously attacked in my life. Quotes out of context, flaming, negativity, and spewing poison. All out of "genuine concern."

It's so completely ferocious over there. I have NEVER encountered that kind of hostility on these Boards.

I am appalled. We have been accused of heinous acts. Coercing people to fast for weight loss??? PUH-LEEEEZE!! [/COLOR]
Island, it gets that way on these boards. Anytime you try to take a person out of their comfort zone, it's almost as though their entire world comes to an end.

I went through this when I first posted my ****** and was told I was "starving". Sigh.

I went through it again when we started the LCMW thread, only then I had started a "cult". Double sigh.

My best advice is to ignore them. When we're talking about taking someone's food away ... makes 'em real nervous. And, for some people, posting on this BB is a major source of entertainment and socialization so they can't let anything go (which is a shame, but ?)

For the record to anyone from the PG who's interested, actually stop and read the posts in this thread. There are a good number of people who stated they are doing this for weight loss. There are an equally good number who are doing for detox. And, just for conversation's sake, whose business is it, anyway?

Why do I post my weight loss? Because it's a Challenge, we did it on LCMW also, and because I would be flooded with PMs each day asking me how much I'd lost.

Just as I stress to newbies on this thread that if they aren't "into" fasting then they shouldn't do it -- I would encourage anyone from the PG for whom this thread is upsetting or threatening, don't read it.

Now, ladies (and 2 guy lurkers!), let's "fast".

Old 08-25-2003, 06:21 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goal160
Stats: 234/221/160 b4 pregnancy..........236 to 205 after
WOE: low carb
Start Date: restart- 2/21/07
Well im doing good i think...I did break down and eat a little piece of smoked sausage, but i was a real small piece and i'm not eating anymore.....I'm really not hungry, but i think i was just so used to eating something my mind was fooled.....I hope i didnt blow it......anywho, im still going on with just water....water water water, and i already have the headache so thats a good thing i hope!!!! Im still pumped up.I put a pair of real cute pants that i bought bak in June and havent worn yet in plain view, so that I can have some motivation to stay on track, although im not really having a hard time, its all MENTAL!! My husband is backing me, so it's all good!!LIL OL BELLE I see you're still losing and lost another 2 pds, how much does that equal lost now?? Oh well i'll be back on later after i watch Paradise Hotel..hehe
last restart-
4-1-08 (255)
4-5-08 (251.2)
4-11-08 (248.8)
4-18-08?
4-25-08?
06-15-08? 207 hopefully!!! first goal!!
Old 08-25-2003, 07:08 PM   #326

Gallery:
Re: Distraught

Quote:
Originally posted by Island Blue
[COLOR=blue]Quotes out of context, flaming, negativity, and spewing poison. All out of "genuine concern."[/COLOR]
Island, they're affecting my serenity!

Old 08-25-2003, 08:15 PM   #327

Gallery:
Island Blue--That is the reason I said what I said and left. The thread is now closed. I think they thought I was going to keep arguing with them. We have to learn how to stay away from negative people especially if you are fasting.

Old 08-25-2003, 08:29 PM   #328
Seriouslyme

Gallery: Seriouslyme
End of day 8

Hi all....

Just got home, and I read all the posts. I am so happy to 'hear' from everyone. Honestly, this is such a cool experience for me. I am so lucky that we are all here together to share, and support one another!

Too bad that some of you got your head bitten off in the playgroup thread. (I toldja tho...ya don't wanna be goin out threatening to take away people's food by talkin all crazy and loopey about fastin!).

I really am doing well today. Yes Kimmer you fab woman you! I am at serenity here and there. Not 24/7 but little bits. Enough to remind me how fab it is.

I am not hungry, SHS-0, but sleepy and wishing I could have some fish. I wanna eat some fish gol-darn-it.

Nady...that salting info is interesting to me. I use it on all kinds of things, and do admit that my cravings for salty foods reduced. Thanks for all the links.

Now....let's see, who can I blame for coercing me to fast? Hmmmmm. Oh, yeah. I did it myself!! Imagine. Me making my own decisions based on information. Radical!

Old 08-25-2003, 08:34 PM   #329
Big Yapper!!!!

I was worried about you, Seriouslyme, I thought maybe you dropped dead from starvation
Old 08-25-2003, 08:59 PM   #330
Seriouslyme

Gallery: Seriouslyme
Quote:
Originally posted by AllisonB
I was worried about you, Seriouslyme, I thought maybe you dropped dead from starvation
Hey Allison! Thanks ever so much for your concern!!

No, I haven't dropped dead from my fasting...I actually have an excellent amount of pure energy surrounding me that my amazing body is able to convert to the chemicals and compounds and calories I need to function...it has come to be known by me as fat. I am also a fairly healthy woman, except those issues caused by carrying TOO MUCH fat. So, you see, you worry needlessly. Once I feel that my fat reserve has gotten too low, I will happily break my fast, and resume my Atkin's eating.