Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2003, 04:58 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: virgobaby
Stats: 168.0/140.6/119.0 5'4"
WOE: hCG
Start Date: 03/08/12
Oh my gosh you guys!!!!!

I just got internet service back after a whole week without
it. Talk about painful withdrawal...................

You guys are doing incredible - it took me hours to catch up
on all of the posts in this thread - just finished as the sun
is coming up here. Lots of good reading.

I broke my fast on the 17th - it was thirteen days in duration.
A wonderful experience for me. My scale has not been seen
since I moved last week - I will search today so I can let you
guys know how much of the weight I regained. It doesn't
feel too bad though.

Have a wonderful day of detoxing & healing fasters

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2003, 07:26 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: handicapped91
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/03
30 Day Detox

Hi Guys,
It's day 5 for me and I lost another 2 lbs. I am really surprised because the last time I fasted I only lost a lb a day the whole 2 weeks. I felt pretty good yesterday but not great last night. I have alergies and sometimes my ears get blocked. Well they have been blocked for a few hrs now, not a great feeling. I can hear myself breath. On my last fast my ears were blocked the last 2 days and I wasn't sure I would make it 2 days longer but I did. It must be some kind of detox that I didn't let finish last time. LEFTOUT everyone is different. I never got a pimple or greasy skin. I think my body is detoxing where I left off 3 yrs ago.

8/20 129
8/21 128
8/22 127
8/23 125
8/24 123
Old 08-24-2003, 09:38 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leftout
Stats: 289/?/150
WOE: hcg drops
Start Date: 11/22/10
day 1

So far, no problems ....of course it has only been 12 hrs.
One day at a time, right...and I couldn't have picked better company.....Everyone is such an inspiration, I have so many to aspire to....

I MEAN WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

I'll check in later today...time to get off my butt and get moving....
Oh,pssssssttttt.....it's a secret...nobody knows I am fasting....

Later...gator.......
Old 08-24-2003, 10:17 AM   #274
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nady
Morning everyone~ day 4 for me~ I feel a little washed out but not bad. I bought the Bragg fasting book and the Apple Cider Vinegar one too~ also bought some ACV (apple cider vinegar). I'm adding it today~ can't believe I forgot about ACV! I used it as a tonic in the '70's & '80's! It also helped to keep my kids resistant to every cold and flu bug that ran around their schools.

DH too~ even now, at the first sign of illness, the standard remedy is 1 tsp. ACV in 4 oz. water with 1000mg. vitamin C every hour until symptoms subside. He hasn't been sick for more than a day in over 20 years and hasn't missed more than 1/2 day of work because of sickness in that long. Pretty good, when the average worker gets the flu at least once a year!

Anyway, I'm using the ACV to aid with the detox and will continue to take it after the fast~ it offers too many benefits to forget about it again! Here's some info, if you're interested~

http://bragg.com/health_info/ea_acv.html
http://frugalliving.about.com/librar...der+vinegar%22

Have a great day everybody!
~~~N
Old 08-24-2003, 10:20 AM   #275
Seriouslyme

Gallery: Seriouslyme
Day 7!!

*sniff* *sniff*...dija ever notice how beautiful Sunday mornings are, when that Sunday, like today, comes, and it hints at fall with the coolness and fog, and then the sun breaks through, and....*sniff*, it's...just...so....pretty?

Ok, yes, a bit emotional here. HEY! WE ROCK! {{{{{{FASTERS!}}}}}}}
{{{{{Virgobaby!!}}}}}}
{{{{Handicapped}}}}}}
{{{{{Leftout}}}}}}}
{{{{{{myself}}}}}}
{{{{{{{{Kimmer}}}}
{{{{{Island Blue}}}}
{{{{{Belle}}}}} {{{{{{Allison}}}}}}} {{{{everyone}}}}}
{{{{{Nady}}}}}} {{{{Everyone I forgot to mention}}}}}}
{{{{Everyone on pages 1-10}}}}}}}}}}}

I know. Mushy today.

Old 08-24-2003, 10:23 AM   #276

Awwww~((((((((((Seriouslyme)))))))))) back at ya! It is a beautiful morning, isn't it!
~~~N
Old 08-24-2003, 11:04 AM   #277
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Island Blue
Start Date: 4/17/03
OFF FAST - Day 2

[COLOR= blue]Well, so far so good. I've maintained my weight loss, but it's only been a little over a day..............

I'm still battling with the Appetite Demon. I have a subconscious notion that I should eat EVERYTHING I can before I go fasting again, and since I "deprived" myself last week. Hmmmmmmm, I still have a lot of work to do here.

I'm on my meds (a full handful 4x a day - uck! and they're HARD on my tummy), tomorrow hopefully I'll be cured. I have a luncheon on Friday (farewell employee thing), but it's at a restaurant (which in the interest of kindness shall go un-named lest I set off anyone else's Appetite Demon ), but I don't think I can maintain the Stillman plan there and I have a different plan for next week, so I think I'll just go and play the gregarious boss and come up with some excuse for not eating...

Which brings me to:

{{{{Serious}}}} I take it you made it through your function last night unscathed? Did the "Desert Fever" ploy work ok? (still snickering over that one!) Can I borrow it for Friday??? [where's the icon of the guying cracking up and pounding the floor???]

HOORAY for all the fasters!! I hope to be back with you TOMORROW!! [/COLOR]

p.s.

For those that don't like body functions, skip this part:

I forgot to mention that Friday night a couple times (before bed, and the 3 am "gotta pee" trip) my body eliminated water out of my backside. Not urgent, not unpleasant. So evidently I was beginning to "cleanse" my digestive tract.

[COLOR=blue]Please pray for our troops, freedom isn't free[/COLOR]

Last edited by Island Blue; 08-24-2003 at 11:14 AM..
Old 08-24-2003, 11:20 AM   #278
Seriouslyme

Islandblue, I am guessing you had that 3am call because you ate solid food to break the fast. (or did you? can't remember if you told us). That is why breaking fast should not generally be done with solids for a bit, until the digestive system is 'turned on' (snort) with broth, and liquids for a few days. And you also had to take your meds, which might have been a challenge for your system first day and all.

SURE! use my excuse. The Desert Fever thing, if said with a straight face, can be powerful! Mine worked like a charm. Everyone just did their own thing. I ordered tea. Oh, but the group decided to go to ANOTHER place for wicked wicked desserts. No desserts for those innoculated for desert fever. So, I had seltzer with lemon, and everyone else went coo-coo for these amazing desserts. I enjoyed the ambiance, and my silly friends whom I love.

Islandblue, are you going to start up another fasting session during the 30-day?

Old 08-24-2003, 01:10 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leftout
Stats: 289/?/150
WOE: hcg drops
Start Date: 11/22/10
[COLOR=darkblue]Oh, IslandBlue.....[/COLOR]

Can you PLEASE take your Appetite Demon back....Somehow that demon decided to give me a visit.....
Am I hungry...NO, do I want to eat YYYYYEEEESSSSS...man this really is a mind game.

Seriously, I totally agree, today is so ..........inviting...I have opened all the windows and let the refreshing breeze blow through.....I just love days like today.....

New insite for today....I am not a PLUMBER.....I decided to work on the washing machine (tub would not spin the water out). I did unplug it and then removed all the screws I could find. I
don't know what I was expecting, but I never could find how to
remove the back, side or whatever to see the drum. Anyhow, I figured, what the heck, maybe all the shoving and moving of the machine, hey, I might have loosened things up.....Yeah that is
exactly what I did..........the hose on the back of the machine ( ya know the one the water goes out of) came loose , ya guessed it, water all over the laundry room......so much for exercising. ...
Cleaned up the mess.....reinstalled the screws holding the hose tight and turned the machine on.......IT"S WORKING....how long...who knows...but at least the laundry is complete .
Hey, come to think about it...I JUSY MAY BE A PLUMBER afterall...
Bill is in the mail ......

later gator
Old 08-24-2003, 01:35 PM   #280

Quote:
Originally posted by leftout
[COLOR=darkblue]Oh, IslandBlue.....[/COLOR]
Am I hungry...NO, do I want to eat YYYYYEEEESSSSS...man this really is a mind game.
Yup~ at least the first few days it is! I just read a thread on the main lobby about being controlled by food/appetite. I almost posted about this fast~ then didn't, because they will think I'm crazy, or 'hurting' myself~ I just didn't feel like defending the wisdom of this time honored practice! But, in four days, I now control what I put (or don't put) in my mouth! Talk about breaking addictions!

At this point, it's actually a relief~ I'm not obsessing about food!
~~~N
Old 08-24-2003, 02:10 PM   #281
Seriouslyme

O.K.!!!!!!! Somebody get in here! I wanna give someone a hug!
Where's Belle, or Allison, or any thread lurker when I am a faster who must give a hug? Oh, wait! I know...I'll go to Wal-Mart and hug the greeter! That person probably doesn't get one hug all day, unless they are shooting a commercial.

yeah, I know, you guys think I'm weird, huh!?

Old 08-24-2003, 02:32 PM   #282
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Day 7: another pound gone, for a total of 15 lbs.

Day 1 of water fast: 8/18/03: 225 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 2 of water fast: 8/19/03: 220 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 3 of water fast: 8/20/03: 219 lbs., SHS: -1
Day 4 of water fast: 8/21/03: 216 lbs., SHS: 0 (+ 1 egg!)
Day 5 of water fast: 8/22/03: 212 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 6 of water fast: 8/23/03: 211 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 7 of water fast: 8/24/03: 210 lbs., SHS: 0

My only complaints are a few pimples on my face, all in the eye area (including the dreaded 3rd eye!), and aching in my upper legs. I'm not sure if the aching in my legs makes me feel tired, or if I'm really tired. I'm fine as soon as I sit, so I'm assuming it's my legs. The taste in my mouth is terrible.

I went grocery shopping today and got my husband all kinds of yummy things to eat, but none of them appealed to me. Still absolutely no hunger, except for specific things, so I know it's the appetite/hunger thing. Today, I am obsessing on a Reuben sandwich Blood Glucose is 55 but I feel great. Of course, I also felt fine when I was diagnosed, at 444
Old 08-24-2003, 02:52 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goal160
Stats: 234/221/160 b4 pregnancy..........236 to 205 after
WOE: low carb
Start Date: restart- 2/21/07
Allison you my dear are a true HERO........You stick out to me right now cause im at the weight you were when you started this fast, and to think 7 days ago you were this weight now you're only 210......just think 11 more pds and you'll be 199.....what an accomplishment.I definitely have to do this starting tomorrow, theres no way after seeing this i cant do this tomorrow!!!! I'll be back yall!! Oh and the rest of you are doing absolutely 1derful too!! Man i cant believe my eyes!! Yall must feel soooo good going through this.Ill be on here tomorrow postimg my experiences too so watch out for me!!
last restart-
4-1-08 (255)
4-5-08 (251.2)
4-11-08 (248.8)
4-18-08?
4-25-08?
06-15-08? 207 hopefully!!! first goal!!
Old 08-24-2003, 03:27 PM   #284
Big Yapper!!!!

Good luck to you, goal! I can't believe it either. I did stumble early on with a low blood glucose episode, but it's been fine since then. I think that tonight I will even resume my walking. Probably not the 3 mile route I usually take, but around the block would be good

The weight-loss is a nice boost, but I also am enjoying the increased mental clarity and how I haven't been having mood swings! I have been pretty mellow this week, except for the time I yelled at my wonderful husband for not knowing were his lunch Atkins candy was
Old 08-24-2003, 05:17 PM   #285
Seriouslyme

Goal! Great to know you will be here tomorrow! I look forward to reading your progress.

Allison...you are doing so great! Can you believe it is 7 days!?
I hope your blood sugar level is safe; I'm certain you are doing what you need to for yourself in that area.

Old 08-24-2003, 05:32 PM   #286
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, I am committed to stopping the fast immediately if my blood sugar becomes a further issue

No, I can't believe it's been 7 days. Actually, in half an hour it will be 7 days exactly for me. One day at a time!

Edited: never mind, not worth the attention any longer.

Last edited by AllisonB; 08-24-2003 at 06:13 PM..
Old 08-24-2003, 06:52 PM   #287
dragonlady61

Gallery: dragonlady61
Been there done that

Hey everyone,

A few years back I had no food for 4 weeks, 30 days however u want to view it. As u noticed I did not call it a detox or fast. Only because I did not do it by choice. I had surgery and my mouth was wired shut for four weeks.

I lost about 42lb, went from 160 to 118. And felt absolutely wonderful. The first three to four day's where really tough, I cried alot when my family ate. The smell was so outrageous.

Then around the fifth day it all seem to stop. I had no desire for food. I even loved to get in the kitchen and cook. I probably cooked more meals for my family than they had ever had. They loved the last three weeks. Not to metion the fact I could not talk very well or yell at them. LOL But it was really amazing how I loved to cook and never cared about eating any of it.

Once I got to the wires off it took a few months to get back to eating normal again. I tried a candy bar and almost threw up, it was way to sweet. Oh those were the day's.

So for those who choose to fast or detox if u can just hold on for a few day's u will have it licked. Just have faith in yourself and everything else will come to be.

Good luck all
dragonlady

Old 08-24-2003, 07:43 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori42
Stats: 144/128/125
WOE: Moderate carb, whole foods
Start Date: May 2003
Hi everyone!! I'm baaack! :)

Just wanted to pop in and "see" everyone. Hello to all the newcomers!

As some of you may remember I broke my fast on Thursday and yesterday I actually ate some food (very little) at the big blowout. And you know what?? No one even cared! I won't go into details about the food but I ate and did OK. Today though I did have a bout of diarhea (sorry if too graphic!) but it was over quickly and I've been fine since.

Today was also the first day I worked out in a week. I just didn't feel up to it while fasting. Getting through cooking dinner and not eating was workout enough!
I miss you guys! sniff sniff.

Island Blue: I do tongue scrapping, too! I thought it's an excellent suggestion to get the gunk off the tongue. I hope you're feeling better but 5 days!!! That's great!! I'm already planning my next fast and I want to do it for at least 7 days (hopefully 12). Sometime in the beginning of Oct. You want in?!
Thanks for the recipe for egg drop soup, it saved me!

Seriouslyme: I waited 3 days before I ate solid food again. During those 3 days I "ate" broth and fresh veggie juice (with water added). Also some yogurt (I know not very allowable but it's just too beneficial for me to pass up!).

Kimmer: The Food Channel, huh?! I passed it few times when remote controlling during comercials of food!! Passed it by, though. )

Question: I now weigh 125 lbs. (started at 132 lbs.). If you start a fast (especially a long one like this) and you are already at goal will your body slow the rate of loss so you don't wind up looking like a skeleton when you're done?

Today was the first day I ate "normally". I'll let you know what the weight gain is. Hopefully not too much.

Keep on fasting you guys! You all are doing terrific!!!!!!!!!

Lori

Last edited by Lori42; 08-24-2003 at 07:48 PM..
Old 08-24-2003, 08:11 PM   #289

Gallery:
Day 7

Day 1 136.0
Day 2 133.5
Day 3 130.5
Day 4 128.0
Day 5 126.5
Day 6 125.5
Day 7 125.0

Hello everyone! What a busy weekend it has been for me! I'm exhausted (not from fasting, it's 'psychological' exhaustion, LOL)

I haven't read the last 3 pages, so forgive me if I sound like an idiot (wouldn't be the first time, LOL!)

OK, how can I lose so quickly when I'm at goal? What I've been losing so far (except for 4-5 pounds) is water. I've always got water weight. When I did Atkins Induction I lost 11 pounds overnight (water) and 17 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm a human sponge. Also keep in mind that at 5'6", there's a lot of leeway in weight. I'm expecting to get down around 115'ish, and after the fast I'll increase healthy carbs to get back around 125-130. So, a 10 lb. net loss isn't drastic.

Did anyone notice in the fasting links, there is a discussion that the best cleansing/repair takes places only when you're close to 'normal' weight when you fast? If you're overweight your body is still tending to feed off of body fat. If you have little body fat the body goes to growths, lesions, tumors, arthritis deposits). This is what I wanted to test.

As the excess water depletes, my loss will slow (as it did today). I feel "thinner", but not dramatically. I had a headache today (don't know if it's from fasting or the kids) and my legs are flaking. Fortunately, my adult acne situation has cleared. Other than that, I don't feel any special detoxing -- except my eyes are still not sticky and my thinking is more clear (it's kind of hard to explain).

Old 08-24-2003, 08:11 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: karat
Stats: 176/176/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: Jan 7, 2008
Day 3

Well, everything is fine. No hunger, just a bit of lightheadedness. I already have pimples (and I'm in my 40's!!!) so I can't tell if detox is occuring. Yellow tongue. Ewwww. I simply cannot brush my teeth enough. I really love toothpaste, just for the change in flavor in my mouth.

4 pounds down. That's nice, but not essential.

Please more people tell what happens when you start eating again? Am I going to balloon up on broth and chicken breast? That is the only thing that worries me. I just don't want my metabolism to become TOO efficient.

karat
Old 08-24-2003, 08:31 PM   #291
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Island Blue
Start Date: 4/17/03
Quote:
Originally posted by Seriouslyme
Islandblue, I am guessing you had that 3am call because you ate solid food to break the fast.

Islandblue, are you going to start up another fasting session during the 30-day?
[COLOR=blue]Oops, I misstated the days. I "went" Thursday night before bed, and early Friday morning. 24 hours before I consumed anything except water. So who knows what was happening on my [/COLOR][COLOR=red]magical mystery tour[/COLOR][COLOR=blue], I just wanted to post in case anyone else had the same experience.

And YES - I'm starting again tomorrow! I hope my weekend of Stillman's and meds doesn't put me too, too far behind. I remember someone (Kimmer?) saying that fasts are cumulative. I sure hope so. At least this time I'm more prepared. And I'm still in ketosis, so hopefully I'll jump start into detox.[/COLOR]
Old 08-24-2003, 09:59 PM   #292

Well, I slipped a little ~ had a light supper with DH~ but it was all protein, so at least I won't lose the ketone edge. Back on the wagon tomorrow~ we'll see if it messed me up with the healing~ so far, the knees are better, the patches of eczema on my back are gone and I haven't had a headache in two days (I usually have one every day) !
~~~N
Old 08-25-2003, 02:06 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goal160
Stats: 234/221/160 b4 pregnancy..........236 to 205 after
WOE: low carb
Start Date: restart- 2/21/07
Im just so anxious to start i had to post again...nothing to say just wated to post!!!! Hi everybody :
Old 08-25-2003, 03:45 AM   #294

Gallery: Kose
hello everyone!

Hello everyone! i've finally came out of my lurker's shell and ready to fast. so far, i've only been reading all you fasters' post but now i'm ready to join!

i've fasted for half a day now, and i'm having a headache?! seems to early for me. that throbbing going on is killing me!!

there's no physical hunger for me but there is mentally ! omg! get that demon away from meeeeeeee! see no evil!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 06:23 AM   #295
Big Yapper!!!!

Day 8: another pound down, same ole' same ole. The taste in my mouth is terrible, but otherwise I feel pretty good.

Day 1 of water fast: 8/18/03: 225 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 2 of water fast: 8/19/03: 220 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 3 of water fast: 8/20/03: 219 lbs., SHS: -1
Day 4 of water fast: 8/21/03: 216 lbs., SHS: 0 (+ 1 egg!)
Day 5 of water fast: 8/22/03: 212 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 6 of water fast: 8/23/03: 211 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 7 of water fast: 8/24/03: 210 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 8 of water fast: 8/25/03: 209 lbs., SHS: 0
Old 08-25-2003, 06:39 AM   #296
Seriouslyme

Day 8

Hi all,

Everything is same with me...mouth very metal tasting again. I am very calm. Slept deeply last night. Feel a bit drugged this morning, but not too bad. I have dark circles around my eyes. Hmmmm. Don't know about that one. Particularly unattractive.

I was around a lot this weekend, but now back to work. I will be excited to read the board when I get home. I feel very calm. There should be some active detox between day 10 and 12 I believe. There is peace in my body this morning. Very very calm. As if I took a sedative.

Goal it is nice you are so excited. Good luck on your first day. Kose....welcome. Headache can start on first day. Very common. Especially if you are a coffee drinker.

Allison, Hangin in there? I'm thinkin about you, and everyone else on day 8. OMG, I can't believe we are already at 8.

Nady, you didn't slip. You chose to eat protein. You are in control! right!?

My SHS is 0 again today. Tum is quiet. And, I do have to say, I believe jiggly puff has invaded my tummy. It looks terrible. Very squishy there too. Guess the body has to use it, FINALLY! Looks terrible tho, but I certainly recognise that it is temporary.

Belle...hope all is well with you. Kimmer.... hi! Your weekend sounded intense. Now you can go to regular work and rest, right? ha.

Old 08-25-2003, 07:01 AM   #297
lovinatkins

Gallery: lovinatkins
And another Sunday evening thru Tues. morning fast for me! For those who haven't read the whole thread I fasted for 4 days a few weeks back, lost 10 pounds and now I do fast one 36 hour period per week as recommended by Dr. Bragg to help cleanse (and keep the weight off )

You guys are doing phenominal! Wow, I remember how crappy I felt days 3 and 4 and and am so impressed that you all got this far! Whatever happens, you should be really proud of yourselves. I am hoping to do another longer fast after my son goes back to school next week so I will probably jump in here for a bit in September. I am looking at trying 7 days and see how it goes. For those of you worried about your post fast metabolism, as Kimmer has pointed out, the metabolism is a static thing and is ever changing. Once you start eating again, your metabolism will figure it out pretty quickly and adjust. And to further reassure you, I am actually 2 pounds less now than when I ended my fast three weeks ago. I lost about 11 or so fasting, gained about 1-2 pounds back when I started eating and then over the next two weeks lost a pound each 36 hour period I fasted that I have kept off. So, as long as you don't break your fast with a pizza binge and keep carbs LOW and don't gorge yourself, I think fasting makes it EASIER to lose weight because you are more aware of what you put into your body, you don't feel the need to eat as much and you realize that much of it is psychological so you are more easily able to talk yourself down from a ledge. Plus, after all that hard work who wants to just gain it all back??? Once I saw the 170's I KNEW I was never going back to the 180's, whatever I had to do! So, instead of eating 2 hamburgers because I always had done it, I stopped after one to see if I was really hungry and needed two to be satisfied, or tried a smaller portion of chicken and waited to see if that was enough. And miracle of miracles, more often than not, it WAS. Hope your fasts improve your relationships with food too. That is one of the best benefits (IMO, anyway). Good luck, and keep the posts coming, I love readin about other peoples experiences.

SHS - 4 (the one thing that sucks about fasting once a week for under two days is that you get the hungries more than when you are in deeper ketosis)

Old 08-25-2003, 07:06 AM   #298
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: JONAH'S GRANNY
Stats: Way too much/115 lbs.
WOE: Low Calorie
Start Date: 01/03/2008/Originally 2003
I just want to say that you are all so brave to do this thing. I just don't think there is anyway I could. I'm cheering for you!
Old 08-25-2003, 07:19 AM   #299

Gallery:
Day 8

Day 1 136.0
Day 2 133.5
Day 3 130.5
Day 4 128.0
Day 5 126.5
Day 6 125.5
Day 7 125.0
Day 8 123.5

Whew! Do I feel better! Ordinarily I don't pay attention to bowel type things, but this weekend ... well, I couldn't help it! An enema didn't help (I probably did it wrong or used too little), so I took some milk thistle. 4 capsules yesterday morning and relief that evening (and showing up on the scale this morning). I figured it was better than a laxative and since it's a liver protectant, was less toxic. Let's see, how else can I justify, LOL?

Seriously, already at serenity, huh? Well, I'm envious! My boss is out of the office all week so I'll have some down time (she's very Type A). One of my challenges right now is wardrobe. I'm OK with dresses, but anything with a fitted waist (skirt/pants) isn't working right now. Luckily we have 1 more week of casual summer dress. Are you feeling OK?

Allison, check you out getting "same ole same ole" on a water fast, LOL! 16 lbs. in 8 days! That might be a record! How's your blood sugar doing? If I could afford it, I was thinking of getting a blood sugar monitor, but KastaDiva posted on the main BB that if all of us took our BG after waking up, then ate identical things, our BG would all be different. I wanted to test the effect of the LC bars, but I'm guessing my result wouldn't be true for everyone else.

Kose, welcome to the thread!!! Day 1 is horrible ... headache, cranky, groggy ... all the same symptoms as Atkins Induction and for the same reason. Our bodies are switching from glucose to body fat for fuel -- and our bodies don't like it. Hang in there, Day 2 is better, Day 3-5 is almost 'normal', LOL!

Belle, where is our cheerleader??? Goal, Nady, Island, Hi!!!!

Karat, when you start eating solid food, you'll regain 4-7 pounds, depending on how many carbs you eat. The more carbs the more water weight you'll put back on. If you switch to Skillman's, Stillkins (my word, it's Stillman w/ 2 small salads) or strict Atkins induction w/o any of the 'treats', you'll continue with weight loss! If you switch to Stillman's (very low carb), you might not regain the water until later. Eventually ALL of us regain the water, but if we do it 2 pounds a week we don't notice.

Example is my weight. I don't really weigh 123.5 (I do but I don't). I'm going to regain the water (4-7 pounds), plus weight as food refills my colon (sorry, TMI!) So, I "weigh" about 130.

Hello to everyone else, I'll catch up on the thread later at work (oops, I mean during my lunch break, LOL!)

Old 08-25-2003, 07:42 AM   #300

Gallery:
Quote:
Originally posted by JONAH'S GRANNY
I just want to say that you are all so brave to do this thing. I just don't think there is anyway I could. I'm cheering for you!
JG, you're always so sweet -- so supportive! Thank you!

Lovinatkins, good morning! Great advice!!!