Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2003, 07:38 PM   #91
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Mimi13
Stats: 175
That would be really cool...we should all take measurements today and report back in like 4 weeks...

Naomi

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2003, 07:40 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 194/130/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 03/07/03
Sounds good to me....Count me in
Old 06-17-2003, 07:43 PM   #93
Miss Innocent

Gallery: Crohnie
Stats: 196/179/149
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 07/01/10
Turquoise

This is what you really need
[COLOR=red]removed[/COLOR]
I am unfamilair w/ the brand you picked
Old 06-17-2003, 07:47 PM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pompom2
Stats: 5'2" 120
WOE: Lower Carb
Okay, here I am again--a product junkie.. I got the liquid CLA at GNC tonight for 19.99 bottle of 15.9oz. It is orange flavor. Not too bad tasting. Goes down easy.

Cpl of questions though...
1. Do we refrigerate the liquid?
2. It says dosage is 4 teaspoons 3x a day. Most people that take the liquid are taking 1/2 Tablespoon a day so that is short of the bottled dosage. Should I start with the higher dose or the 1/2TBLSP??

TIA
Old 06-17-2003, 08:53 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cimitoch
cla?

Hi all! I started Atkins on April 30, 2003. It's been pretty good for me although my weight loss has been incredibly slow since the first two weeks or so. I lost about 14 lbs first two weeks, then gained some back - like 4. That was from one cheat day! so I got right back on schedule next day and I'm losing so slowly. I started at 170, now I am 153. so a total of 17 lbs. I'm still very pleased. I don't care if I lose a pound every two weeks as long as I'm losing.

This CLA stuff sounds awesome. But I am scared to death of all the nutritional supplements. I did buy the Atkins trio and I try to remember to take them. I've never, ever taken stuff like tea, flaxseed oil, and all the stuff you mentioned. Does anyone know if the CLA has been tested for safety and long term side effects? I know this sounds crazy to be so scared and I hope not to offend any of you. It's even more ridiculous because I am one of the folks that took the phen phen combo and absolutely loved it!!! And now I 'm scared of a simple nutritional supplement.

I tried to look it up on the net and found nothing negative at all. I'm still skeptical though. Can anyone here help me from being such a panic freak? Sort of walk me through the safety of it? Thank you very much for your replies.

Cindy
Portland, Or

started 4/30/03
170/153/135 ???
5'4" ish.

Mother of two great little sons, ages 11 and 8, Michael and Tommy.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:58 AM   #96
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: marilole
Stats: 345/315/175
WOE: lean for life
Start Date: restarted May 13th 2004
Quote:
Originally posted by Jadee
Good Morning

Hi Marilole~ Sounds good to me. The timing of this for me is perfect. I am in the grips of TOM right now and by the time my shipment is received I should be back to "normal".
Will do a new set of measurements and keep track for awhile.
Jadee
ok jadee.. I am expecting my bottle thu or fri so I guess i will start taking as soon as i get it, lets do this.... take measurements of bust,waist,hips and thigs.. also weight , and lets see the results after one month..ok? are you doing exercises? I am going to curves 3-4 times a week.. so I guess we will see better results if we exercise.
Anyone else wants to join Jadee and me? youre more than welcome, we can make our little one month cla challenge

how does that sound?
Old 06-18-2003, 01:09 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: blueyedgrl
After reading the original postings about CLA, I bought some last week. All I could find over here was the EAS brand, & from seeing what everyone else has listed as prices, the exchange ripped me off - $24.99 for a bottle of 90! If I start to see results, I will defiantly buy mail-order next time! Does anyone else experience a bad "after-taste" after taking two of the capsules? It's tolerable, but I'm wondering if I should consider trying the liquid from Netrition next time. Anyone with anything good to say about the liquid as opposed to the capsules?
Old 06-18-2003, 03:37 AM   #98
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: yvonne326
Stats: 197/193/160
WOE: Low Carb & Exercise
Start Date: 5/28/14
CLA results take about 2-3 months to show up WITH exercise. The immune system properties kick in 2-weeks. This per the manufacturer after I sent a few Emails to them a few months ago.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:44 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: I.S.W
Stats: 302/287.5/195
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August 23, 2010
I'm in!

Hi all, I have been lurking here for a couple weeks... decided it was time to say hello! Today ends my 12 week of induction. My weight loss has been going pretty well (see siggy) but after reading this thread I ordered 2 bottles of the CLA Plus with Clarinol from Netrition. I'm overseas on an Army base and mail to the APO can be slow, either 5 days or 5 weeks, you never can tell. I'll post any results after the CLA arrives. I ordered some flax oil too.

This is a great site full of great people. I'm happy to be part of it!

I've also added some yo-cheese since joining this site - quite a task to find plain yogurt with active cultures at a German grocery store for someone with a limited knowledge of the German language.

thanks for all the great info and advice.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:47 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 194/130/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 03/07/03
Welcome to the board and WOW WTG on your loss so far....congradulations
Old 06-18-2003, 04:49 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Angela! What part of Germany are you in? We've been living in the Kaiserslautern area for two years now. Just wanted to let you know that the last order that I received from Netrition (my first order, just placed a second order last Friday) arrived to our APO box about a week after placing the order. They send USPS Priority, so it gets thru pretty fast.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:46 AM   #102
getthin

Gallery: getthin
[COLOR=deeppink]COUNT ME IN!!! AS A MATTER OF FACT I JUST TOOK MY MEASUREMENTS AGAIN LAST NIGHT.[/COLOR] I lost the first set so I started over. I would love to join in the 1 month challenge.

Old 06-18-2003, 06:50 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: pixelchick
Stats: 260.8/254.4/160 -4.4lbs
Start Date: August 26, 2013
I too think it works, but for me it took a couple of months so hang in there. I haven't lost any inches in over 2 months (though I have lost weight) now all the sudden I lost half inch in my chest, inch in my waist, inch and a half around my pooch area, 2 inches in my hips and half inch in my thigh..... I measured this weekend and nothing and I decided to measure again today -- not sure why, well after I did I was doing happy dances all around my house!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that it is the cla kicking in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colleen

SW: 08/26/13 260.8
Old 06-18-2003, 06:51 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind welcome. I'm in Bad Aibling Germany which is about an hour south of Munich. This base is closing next year and it looks like we will be moving to Darmstadt in the Spring. Yes, I have ordered from Netrition a couple times (Davincis!) and it does seems pretty fast. Not sure why other stuff I order that is also sent priority mail can take quite a bit longer... so, I don't get my hopes up and then I am happily surprised when things get here in a week!

I hope everyone trying out CLA has as good a result as Mony has!

Angela
Old 06-18-2003, 07:04 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind welcome. I'm in Bad Aibling Germany which is about an hour south of Munich. This base is closing next year and it looks like we will be moving to Darmstadt in the Spring. Yes, I have ordered from Netrition a couple times (Davincis!) and it does seems pretty fast. Not sure why other stuff I order that is also sent priority mail can take quite a bit longer... so, I don't get my hopes up and then I am happily surprised when things get here in a week!

I hope everyone trying out CLA has as good a result as Mony has!

Angela
Old 06-18-2003, 07:31 AM   #106
MiaMissa

Gallery: MiaMissa
I had bought CLA a while back, during my last half-hearted attempt at LCing, but I never got around to trying them. I can't remember whether I bought it at Walmart or Target. The brand is Nature's Bounty Tonalin 1000-CLA and it has 1000 mg per softgel. The directions suggest taking 2 twice a day with meals, but I'm starting off with 2 a day. I remember them being pretty inexpensive, probably around $15, otherwise I wouldnt have bought them on a whim. I have a question for ****** users though, do you add the fat grams/calories to your daily entry? This brand has 20 calories and 2 grams of fat.

Old 06-18-2003, 07:39 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Missa - Your post sent me running to check my CLA bottle...wouldn't you know it, 19 calories & 2 grams of fat! Doesn't seem like much, but I would have never stopped to think that a supplement would have calories & fat! Thanks for the info!

(Guess I'll have to make a custom entry to ****** for this.....)
Old 06-18-2003, 07:49 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jadee
Stats: 198/190/gorgeous
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 1/1/08
Quote:
Originally posted by marilole
ok jadee.. I am expecting my bottle thu or fri so I guess i will start taking as soon as i get it, lets do this.... take measurements of bust,waist,hips and thigs.. also weight , and lets see the results after one month..ok? are you doing exercises? I am going to curves 3-4 times a week.. so I guess we will see better results if we exercise.
Anyone else wants to join Jadee and me? youre more than welcome, we can make our little one month cla challenge

how does that sound?
Sounds Great to me!!!

I haven't checked my order to see when my bottle will approx. arrive, but I am thinking probably Monday.

I like to keep my exercise varied, I find that I get lazy with anything too stuctured. I truly feel I am a RadioCity Rockette trapped in a chubby lady's body. Back in my 20's, I belonged to a Bellydance troupe and it was great for the body as well as very freeing for my mind. So, I have started dancing again..with the doors locked and shades pulled~~
I also love to just put music on and just dance and also I get a workout being dragged down the street by my dog, Echo.

I think a challenge would be a good idea. They are so inspirational and as always..the more the merrier.
Good luck Marilole
and everyone
Jadee
Old 06-18-2003, 07:50 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HAPPYLEIGH
Count me in!

Okay I've read all these posts and I think I will go out tonight and check some prices around here. I hope we all have great results.
Are you going to start a new challenge on the challenge forum? If so count me in.
Thanks for sharing Mony!!
Old 06-18-2003, 08:31 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Karla1960
Stats: 160/158/120
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 02/02/2014
I just ordered the cla plus with clarinol!!
Old 06-18-2003, 08:56 AM   #111
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
About the calories...

You do NOT need to track the calories from CLA. Studies have shown that people who add CLA in addition to their regular daily calories will see better fat loss than those who don't.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:06 AM   #112
debbie16

Gallery: debbie16
can i take them?

i'm now still inducting and i'm wondering if i can take this CLA thing. also, i'm 16 years old so i'm quite skeptical about taking vitamins and pills. are they safe for me to take? must i take flax seed oil also? i have a huge tummy so i'm thinking whether i should try CLA. also, which is more effective? the liquid or the pills? and how big are the pills?
sorry for so many questions. just want to clarify.

Old 06-18-2003, 09:11 AM   #113
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: coolhair
The CLA I bought has 1000mg from safflower oil, but the bottle doesn't say anything about Tonalin. The brand is Twin Labs. Has anyone had success using CLA without Tonalin??
Old 06-18-2003, 10:03 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ella5
CLA results take about 2-3 months to show up WITH exercise. The immune system properties kick in 2-weeks. This per the manufacturer after I sent a few Emails to them a few months ago.

WHAT immune system properties?

I started the CLA Monday afternoon, yesterday ws the first full day. I took only three, one at each meal.
However, I noticed, I seem to be warmer than normal. I don't know if that's a result of the low carb diet, all the water, the CLA, or all or them.

I still have not lost any pounds or inches in the last week or so.

Another question:
At least one poster has said exercise is not necessary to see results.

My exercise is generlly walking, but often I can't, due to my respiratory system, so exercise is kind of hit an miss for me.
I KNOW it would be better to exercise, but will I see at least SOME results even if I can't often, much, or regularly? -
-Maybe I'll have the skinniest fingers!

Last edited by ella5; 06-18-2003 at 10:08 AM..
Old 06-18-2003, 11:16 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: onenoney
I went to Rite-Aid at lunch and got the Optibolic/ GNC brand. 60 gelcaps 1000mg Tonalin for 12.99 a bottle. I bought 2 bottles. I will start with 2 at breakfast and 2 with lunch?

Kath
Old 06-18-2003, 11:23 AM   #116
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: for_me
Stats: 290/224/160
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: 2/27/03
CLA

I went to nutrition store yesterday and bought this[COLOR=red]removed[/COLOR] started taking it last night with dinner and again this morning. I have been reading all the posts..hope this stuff works. Lemon flavored oil... Yuck! Have to chase it with your meal, to get rid of the taste. What we will endure to lose weight huh?
Old 06-18-2003, 11:35 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenks
Stats: 179/142/130
WOE: HCG shots
Start Date: April 2003/Jan 2004/March 2005/ April 2008
I went to Walmart and found the EAS brand but could not see where it said Tonilin, so I didn't buy it and went to GNC and got the $12.99 sale. I also talked my mom into doing it, but she is not doing Atkins (says she is going to start) so it will be interesting to see if it works with nonLCer's. Love to join the challange.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:38 AM   #118
Mony

Gallery: Mony
Hi Guys!!
glad to see so many of you here!

Im sorry I REALLY have to disagree with the person who said that Yvonne, Ive only been taking it 4 weeks- it did take atleast 2 weeks to kick in and I believe the other users had about the same time frame. It may have been a slip of the tongue meaning 2-3 weeks instead of months??

Colleen!!! Woohoo!! Isnt it WILD?? lol like you said it really IS 'all of a sudden'!! Im happy for you! cant wait to hear you next stats!

Youre welcome for sharing, I was more than happy too

I want in the club too

Old 06-18-2003, 12:51 PM   #119
MiaMissa

Quote:
Originally posted by ella5
I started the CLA Monday afternoon, yesterday ws the first full day. I took only three, one at each meal.
However, I noticed, I seem to be warmer than normal. I don't know if that's a result of the low carb diet, all the water, the CLA, or all or them.
I started taking them yesterday morning and I noticed the same thing today. It's chilly and rainy today, but for some reason I cant bear to wear anything warmer than a tshirt. I dont remember running warmer the last time I LC-ed, so maybe it is the CLA.

Old 06-18-2003, 12:55 PM   #120
MiaMissa

Re: About the calories...

Quote:
Originally posted by DiamondDeb
You do NOT need to track the calories from CLA. Studies have shown that people who add CLA in addition to their regular daily calories will see better fat loss than those who don't.
That's cool. I'm trying to lighten up a bit with the whole ****** thing anyway, after awhile it becomes real tiresome tracking every single gram. Sometimes you just wanna eat something (LC, of course) and not obsess over it.