Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2003, 01:59 PM   #271
Mony

Gallery: Mony
Bikerchick!! YAAAAAY!!! Im so happy for you!! isnt that wild?? it trips me out EVERY time!! hahaha I forgot to mention during all of my inchloss my weightloss was still slow even though the inches were falling off but I was reading last night that not only does CLA burn up the fat it promotes lean muscle mass so that would explain that end aside of any TOM issues

Julia You Rock girl!!!

just to let you guys know ive been bloated and depressed and frustrated (Standard PMS Garbage) so I havent measured or weighed this week because if I do and if Ive gone up at all do to the water retenion it usually has a neg effect of me and will get me in the why not cheat mode lol so I will most likely be starting Monday with you all - I am still continuing my supps as usual but Im retaining so much water Im so FRUSTRATED and depressed- do you guys get that way? what do you do?

Mony

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2003, 02:01 PM   #272
Mony

LuvToLose

You look GORGEOUS my dear :-P I see 3 pics- how many are there supposed to be?

Old 06-23-2003, 02:27 PM   #273
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: CanDo
Wow, sounds like I need to try CLA too. Question...Has anyone also experienced weight loss with this, or is it ONLY an inches lost thing?
Old 06-23-2003, 02:32 PM   #274
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: LuvToLose
Stats: 157/156/125
Thanks Mony! You look great too. I was trying to add the logo sign but it's giving me the link.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:34 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 194/130/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 03/07/03
From everything I have read this is a inch thing....not a pound thing
Old 06-23-2003, 02:50 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jadef999
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 04-2008
MZ

Hey~~~~~~~~
I can't take pills I have to CHEW yes CHEW my chromium/multi-vitamins etc!!! So I bought the liquid CLA fri...at GNC and it was a bigggggggg rip off I realized my $28.00 bottle will only last 8 days!!! I just started it today..monday..but am planning to go to the gym at least 3 times this week too....so I'll let you know!!! It's pretty expensive and I'm wondering why we can't just lose on the Atkins way.....just lose lbs and inches the old fashioned way...with exercise and low carb???
I'd love to see those BIG Losers!!! and if they took all these supplements...it gets soooooo overwhelming....it's never ending!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2003, 03:00 PM   #277
Mony

Hi Jade

ABSOLUTELY, you will still lose the old fashioned way- this is for people who want to speed up the progression and want to invest the time and money into it. Also, CLA targets the abdominal and hip areas which can be a BEAST for alot of people to lose no matter how hard they work at it

I dont know anything about the liq CLA as far as reults and that is too expensive what you paid. I just paid $30 for 180 caps from Viatmin world that was $16 off and it is TONALIN

each person hads to make their own decisions, if this isnt right for you, you should not feel obligated to use it

CanDo I havent seen much in the way of lb loss but ALOT of inches but with fat loss lb loss should eventually kick in. I was reading yesterday about CLA also building lean muscle mass which would explain the lack of lb loss

Old 06-23-2003, 03:15 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jadef999
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 04-2008
Hey Guys....
Yes I know you still have to do exercise and Lo Carb and that the CLA is just a perk/incentive/extra help But I just feel the more I read the more confused I become... I had started Atkins on L-carnitine/chromium and cod liver oil....I can't take pills so cod liver oil in liquid... and it just seems the more you read the more confused it is....there's carb blockers....etc etc...and I just don't know anymore!!

But I did get ripped off. ( my fault) and can not even afford to spend $27.99 for 8 days...so I'll keep measuring and going to the gym and then I'll try the Netrition stuff that'll last a month...and then determine my results... We all need help and I love the idea of losing inches...quicker!!! I just can't afford much and want to keep myself in the gym and working my a.. off if that's what it takes!!! But he.. if this stuff really really helps while you're working out ...why not?? Sounds awesome!!!
I love this site and that we can talk/compare notes and get some input from each other!!!
Old 06-23-2003, 03:29 PM   #279
Mony

Hi Jade

I know GNC has a very generous return policy- you can return the unused portion and have them give you the capsules that will last for a month

Old 06-23-2003, 05:57 PM   #280
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Brandy Brat
Evenin Folks
Just checking in and wanted to tell you that along with my LC'ing- water 86 oz. perday- exercise bike and now my CLA//tonilan- i am 1 inch smaller in the waist and hips the last 4 days.. weight lose 2 lbs.. Now i will say its been hot outside and i worked my fanny off in the yard yesterday.. So i'm sure that helped.. I hope everyone is doing well and having a great week.
Hugs and High Hopes
Brandy
Old 06-23-2003, 06:23 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jcoleman
Stats: 228/228/145
Okay I'm in. I bought some CLA tonight at Wal-Mart for $9.50 (60-count, 1000mg)

I will do measurements tonight
Old 06-23-2003, 06:39 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jcoleman
Stats: 228/228/145
Oh, by the way, what is the Flaxseed Oil for. How much should I take a day.

I read good things about CLA about two months ago and I am know convinced to try it.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:16 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thebookie
Apparently, the flax seed oil may enhance the effectiveness of the CLA. In any case, it can't hurt to take it.

Jane
Old 06-23-2003, 07:26 PM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stephanie34
Stats: 206/180/163. ..
WOE: Atkins, now Weight Watchers points.
Start Date: 9/21/09
O.k I am in.. But does anyone feel weird taking it. Make them feel weird or anything. I am very sensitive to things...thanks sounds great....
Old 06-23-2003, 08:23 PM   #285
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Jeffy
Quote:
Originally posted by DiamondDeb
Yes, CLA does work!

Tonalin is a patented type of CLA that ensures you are getting a high quality product. You can find many brands of CLA that contain Tonalin CLA. Look for your results to be inches lost (especially from abs), not pounds.

Here's a link to the Tonalin site:
[COLOR=red]removed[/COLOR]
I so don't get this So, I can lose 100 inches and still weigh 255 lbs? lol. 'Splain please?
Old 06-23-2003, 08:45 PM   #286
momof3rlb

Gallery: momof3rlb
That sounds like a ridiculous statement doesn't it....I have lost pounds before without losing inches for a couple months but I can say the LCWOE was the only "diet" that I lost inches before it showed on the scale!!! It may not show as pound loss right away but it will eventually.

Old 06-23-2003, 10:54 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mz_Colg8smile
Stats: 207/190/150
WOE: Meat Fast & Atkins
Start Date: 7/18/04
jadef999,

I know what you mean about pills...that's why i bought the liquid CLA....I don't think I can swallow 4 CLA horsepills a day in addition to the Flaxseed Oil Pills in addition to the Women's Ultra Mega Multivitamin I am taking. For me pills take soooooooo long to digest in my stomach, that i need it I feel like I have huge pills just sitting in my stomach.

I've heard that If you ever want to test how fast a pill digests in your system, put one in a glass of water and see how long it takes to break apart. If its still sitting there in the morning...its probably doing that in your stomach too...and because of that...I just don't like pills. I need it to be effective within hours...not just sit at the bottom of my stomach.

I'm going to try the Liquid CLA and Flaxseed Oil...Once I understand the dosage...I'll post how much I'm going to take.
190: Out of town trip! - 10/9/04
180: Spa Day/Massage
170: Shopping trip to decorate my apartment
160: Karaoke Night out with friends
150: GOOOAAAAAALLLL! -- New photo shoot; Shopping spree...Goodbye Lane Bryant...HELLO Victoria's Secret !!
---------------------------------------------
Old 06-24-2003, 04:29 AM   #288

Gallery: Nesee
Quote:
Originally posted by stephanie34
O.k I am in.. But does anyone feel weird taking it. Make them feel weird or anything. I am very sensitive to things...thanks sounds great....

I'm with Stephanie... I, to, am concerned about any strange feelings... I am hypo~thyroid and do take Dr. prescribed Rx, and do not wish for anything to interfer...

I was told vitiamins with minerals and nasal decongestants pills, are not really a good thing for hypo~thyroid people to take, and in a way, I noticed that to be true with me.

Nesee

Denise..
Old 06-24-2003, 04:33 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wheat16
Stats: 300/198/185
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/14/03
I started the CLA liquid sold @ Netrition on Saturday. NO WAY is it "orange creamsicle" flavor. The stuff is nasty but I can handle 1 tbsp a day. I have not had any "funny feelings" on this. Cannot comment on the pills. This liquid is suppose to be comparable to the capsules. We'll see.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:42 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pudy68
Stats: 188/176/135
WOE: K/E & Kimkins
Start Date: 6/15/07
I just got my CLA from Netrition yesterday.
Oh my gosh * gag * It is so GROSS! I was hoping for some of that orange creamsicle flavor. Nope. Tastes just like you're drinking vegetable oil. It's so disgusting. This morning, I tried to take it by using a child's medicine dispenser so I could put it in the back of my throat and let it slide down by itself, but it was all I could do not to throw up. I don't see how I can handle this. I don't do pills well, either. Plus, as an added bonus, the oily slick in your throat remains for hours so you can keep reliving the experience...

Anyone know Netrition's return policy???

Know Jesus, Know peace;
NO Jesus, NO peace!
Old 06-24-2003, 05:48 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TennisBum
Stats: 229/195/175
Start Date: Restart 2/21/10
Quote:
Originally posted by pudy68
Anyone know Netrition's return policy???
Well I don't know for sure, but I would think that personal distaste for an opened product would be unreturnable. If there had been something wrong with the product then I'm sure they would accept the return, but that wasnt the case.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:54 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

In case anyone doesn't know the CLA Challenge for each day is moved to the Challenge board....Have a great day everyone
Old 06-24-2003, 05:58 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tgarth
That is why I like dealing with GNC because they will take it back open and used!!
Wow, so you can buy something at GNC and decide that you didnt like the taste and return it for a full refund? If thats the case, then I'd say that is pretty good customer service.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:04 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Tennisbum

I know what you're saying about just a personal distaste for a product, but I just scrolled to the top of the page where Netrition's link for CLA is advertised, and I re-read it. They stress how great it tastes! Not just once, either! I'm telling you, there is no flavor in this stuff! It seems like faulty advertising to me!
Old 06-24-2003, 06:19 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

LOL, I didnt realize that pudy. Then I definitely retract my statement. If they advertise how great it taste and it does indeed taste that bad, I would want to return it also. Good Luck!
Old 06-24-2003, 07:30 AM   #296

Gallery: Nesee
Yup.. I had a long conversation with a GNC man, and he did say even if it's a candy bar and you ate more than half you can return it if you didn't like it..

But, to the oil in subject.. I just read it's ingrdts, and I am no longer fearful of it.. I may buy the capsules or something..

Denise..

Last edited by Nesee; 06-24-2003 at 07:38 AM..
Old 06-24-2003, 07:31 AM   #297
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Quote:
Originally posted by stephanie34
.. But does anyone feel weird taking it. Make them feel weird or anything. I am very sensitive to things...thanks sounds great....
CLA comes from safflower oil. It is NOT a drug or something like ephedra. Would you expect to feel "weird" if you took a capsule filled with olive oil? The only thing you should notice is the inches melting away...and that is a good feeling!
Old 06-24-2003, 08:00 AM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Here's an idea...

Since the liquid variety is so nasty, maybe I can mix it with some sf DaVinci syrups to make it sufferable!

I also e-mailed Netrition about their refund policy, so I'll wait to see what they offer.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:01 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

I have no problem taking pills...but I take so many...but anyways the CLA pill and Flax pills are gel and they don't bother me....There big but I can take all 3 at once with no problem...its the chalky ones I don't like.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:47 AM   #300
graysonjesse

Gallery: graysonjesse
Oh MY. I just read all 13 pages!! LOL I am going to go today and find these. I woulkd love to join the challenge a few days late but I still would like to join. Thanks.