Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JohnAndHisCat
WOE: General low-carb, bit of a Ketogenic focus
Start Date: February 2014
Raw paleo

So recently I stumbled across the concept of raw paleo diets - where you eat only raw meat, raw veggies, raw fruit, etc. There's a whole forum on it, with lots of interesting stuff. I had always thought people weren't "supposed" to eat raw meat until I stumbled across this. It would seem your digestive system does get used to it.

Since I found out about it, sometimes when I cook my meat, if I don't happen to cook it well-enough I eat it anyway. Just as an experiment. So far I have yet to encounter any ill effects. For example I just had two chicken breasts, which I didn't cook long-enough - think of the result as "extra rare" - and now, an hour later, all is well. I think I've done the same thing maybe a half-dozen times over the past month or so.

Anyone here ever try it, or know someone who has? It has this weird, sort-of radical appeal ... though I don't think I could ever go full-bore into it.
JohnAndHisCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wendyland
I remember seeing a guy that did this diet and regained his health. I like my steak rare, but I don't think I could eat uncooked meat. My cat does eat a raw diet and she is very healthy. Her coat went from rough to super, bunny soft.
Wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote