Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Eating breakfast?

I was wondering what everyone thought about eating breakfast. I've heard opposing views ranging from "eating a high-protein breakfast within half hour of waking will boost your metabolism as much as running and anyone over 30 needs to do this to stay health" (such as in the Leptin Reset) to "delay eating as long as you can" (such as in the IF variation described in the Primal Blueprint - which does discuss varying views on breakfast).

I do feel that eating a high-protein breakfast can help avoid overeating at night...but if that's not a problem, what then?

What do you think - what works for you?
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
I have never been a breakfast eater. Over the course of the year, I probably eat breakfast 10 times.
IMO if you're not getting many calories through the rest of the day, and you're hungry in the morning: eat breakfast.
If you're not hungry in the morning, and generally get enough calories the rest of the day, no harm in skipping it and waiting until you are hungry to eat
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote