Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 05:53 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigRunner
Stats: 247/190/168
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Resistant Starch

Anyone else following all the posts on Resistant Starch in the Paleo world these days? Seems very interesting in lowering/controlling blood sugar and helping insulin sensitivity. Some of the other observed benefits include better sleep (and dreams), leaning out, ability to eat higher carb without blood sugar spike. The idea is the resistant starch feeds the "good gut bacteria" that makes all this happen.

Sources include potatoes (cooled) and plantains, and others.

I have been adding unmodified potato starch to a daily smoothie and have been seeing good results.

I have also been watching portions and exercising. So, not a rigid scientific experiment.

People I have been reading up on this. Free The Animal and Steve Cooksey. Mark Sisson has commented as well.

Anyone else? Seems this is kind of a lessons learned from what made the Potato Hack successful....except without eating all the potatoes.
BigRunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2014, 09:08 AM   #2
GME
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/204.6/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Funny you should mention it. I spent a lot of last weekend reading up on it and in a coincidental trip to Walmart I stumbled across a bag of Bob's potato starch. I put it in a couple of smoothies last week, but haven't noticed anything yet.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:53 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

I didn't find it at Walmart. Had to go to another supermarket to find it.

I am up to 2-3T in a smoothie. Initially it created a bunch of gas issues (sorry it that's TMI). Now it doesn't seem to affect me much. I am not taking any blood sugar readings (I am not diabetic) to see if there is any effect there. I am hoping that the weight loss continues and I lean out as reported by many on Free The Animal.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:00 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
I ordered a metric ton of the stuff from a vitamin supplier. Netrition says they are going to stock it soon. I could only take 1 teaspoon per day at first (it totally blew me up when I tried two tablespoons). I can take a heaping teaspoon now 2x per day and things are fairly calm. I don't know if it is doing anything with the nutritional ketosis experiment I am trying now. The affect on appetite was much more noticeable when I was eating sushi and potatoes.

I'm using it for gut health now. I am concerned that on low carb I am not maintaining the good critters in the intestines. After being on low carb for many years, I couldn't digest anything off plan anymore, esp. a vegan-type diet (I tried it for a while due to lack of any more weight loss - ill advised).

I did the potato hack with super results without cooling potatoes at all. I don't think the resistant starch is the mechanism for the hack. I think it is lack of food reward/the mono-diet effect, which is a total disinterest in eating.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...el-method.html
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:23 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
I'm using it for gut health now. I am concerned that on low carb I am not maintaining the good critters in the intestines. After being on low carb for many years, I couldn't digest anything off plan anymore, esp. a vegan-type diet (I tried it for a while due to lack of any more weight loss - ill advised).

I did the potato hack with super results without cooling potatoes at all. I don't think the resistant starch is the mechanism for the hack. I think it is lack of food reward/the mono-diet effect, which is a total disinterest in eating.
You're probably right on the reasons for the success of the potato hack.

I am also doing the resistant starch primarily for gut health. I have been on low carb for years and was having issues with lots of paleo foods.

I've worked my way up to about 3T at a time now, usually in a smoothie. The stomach "issues" have gone away for the most part now.

I keep watching Free the Animal for the n=1 successes with body recomposition.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:28 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is an awesome dose. I can't wait until I get there. I am so tired of the gas, but what can I do? I am hoping that the coconut oil and MCT oil will help wipe out the bad critters and get this over with!!! I up my doses on the weekends so I am not having the problem at work, that is terrible!

Since I am doing the NK experiment (per my doctor, he tackled me with climbing blood sugar), I have quit reading Free the Animal. It was fun following along. I did the milk/keifer diet too, that was fun. Of all the craziness there, I felt the best doing the milk/keifer, amazing really, but no weight loss.

I lost a lot with the potato hack. I was starting the rice/potato thing with the starch but my doctor tackled me. Also, I have to admit, I wasn't feeling very well. I was cheating all the time too with the blood sugar swings. I need a tighter jail to stay on track from the get-go. I had great blood sugar control with the potato hack and also with my current NK, but I didn't get to play with the resistant starch diet w/rice and potatoes long enough to get up to a high dose of resistant starch to even see if it works. I think if I were to try it again, I would build up the resistant starch first before diving into rice to see if it truly does keep blood sugar in check. The swings were making me hungry, obviously, and I just wasn't doing well.

I was interested since there were people that seemed to be like me on there reporting success. I used to be treated for diabetes with an A1C over 9 (that is bad). Low carb high fat mod protein gives me A1C readings in the normal range (in the 5s!). My doc busted me on the resistant starch/rice/potatoes with an A1C in the low 6 range. He told me I am not allowed to go off my diet (sigh).

Last edited by Key Tones; 02-22-2014 at 10:31 AM..
Old 04-01-2014, 09:31 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DABG
Stats: S:184, C: 164, G: 145
WOE: LC, IF, RS
Start Date: RS: 12/ 28/13
Hi, it's good to see that other LC peeps are looking into the RS discovery.

So, YES to RS for me, too! It's nice to find a thread about this subject outside the diabetes forum (BTW, you might find some of the RS comments there helpful.) It took me about two weeks to work my way up to the recommended max dose of 2T Potato Starch twice a day. I just put it in about 6 oz of water and chug it down--not much taste and it's not really "bad." But I've been eating Fage Greek yogurt so think my gut buddies were already pretty numerous before beginning the RS--very little gas or any of the the usual problems mentioned with beginning to use RS, and they were all soon completely gone.

I am a T2 diabetic, dx'ed a year or so ago and doing fine on LC and metformin. I didnt love my A1c last time of 6.2 but the docs seem to think it is OK; I expect it to be lower next time I go as my BGs since using PS are really good and acually better than ever. Often now, morning fasting is in the 80's, a couple of times 79--even better than with strict LC when it was usually in the 90's, even high 90's. And between meal readings now are often in the low 80's pretty quickly. (And no hypo effect, either.)

Weight loss is not much so far but clothes seem to fit better so I am going to stick with this even if it does not contribute noticeably to weight loss. Good blood sugar readings are more important right now to me than weight loss.

I hope all of you will find the potato starch (Bob's Red Mill) as helpful as I have.
DABG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SpikersMom
Stats: 180/157/140
WOE: Atkins and primal
Start Date: restart in November 2013
Hi Guys - I have the potato starch saved to my Netrition shopping cart for my next order. I'm not officially diabetic - have metabolic syndrome - but I want to try this and see how I do.
SpikersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:20 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidinem
Stats: 130/111/105 (5')
WOE: mostly pescetarian, moderate carbs
Start Date: November 1, 2009
I have been using it for about 2 weeks. Hoping my next check up will see lower BS readings. No digestive problems with 4T per day.
Heidinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kendrid Spirit
Stats: APR 2014, 140/130/120
WOE: LCHF Primal + Resistant Starch 2014
Start Date: Paleo/Primal 1995
Resistant Starch and HCG

I have been a Paleo/Primal Low Carb dieter for years. I practiced this way of eating which means I left lots of room for alcohol consumption and dining out with family and friends without being too strict (I never eat sugar, sweet fruits, or wheat/grains except for corn tortillas and chips many times when dining out).

Low Carb used to work wonders for me when I wanted to drop a few pounds but through the years started working less and less efectively. It makes sense that my gut critters may not be being fed appropriately so I was happy to add in Kefir and RS in the form of UMPS (unmodified potato starch). I have 2 TBLs in morning and 2 in evening in Jun tea or Kefir. I have had great results. Some gas means the "zoo" is being fed.

I wanted to force burning fat and attempt to finally stabilize weight. I cut alcohol and became strict Paleo. I had some HCG drops left from successful protocol last year and decided to kickstart with it following closely to protocol plan but continuing UMPS in Jun tea twice daily. I have lost inches without much change in weight. Water weight and some fat accounted for 10 lbs first week but no change on scale weeks 2 and 3. I have lost inches in waist, hips, and chest areas. Explanation per feedback on FTA is all the good gut bacteria are multiplying and taking over which results in no weight loss per scale but my skin looks younger and my clothes fit better. Down 2 sizes in 3 weeks!

I am following and learning all I can about the RS and intend to, as a lifestyle plan, remain low carb but with plenty of RS3 foods (cooked cooled beans, potatoes, and rice), high healthy fats and proteins once I lose this last 10 lbs with HCG to aid. My digestion has never been better and RS has worked wonders for me. Thanks for starting thread. I look forward to following.
Kendrid Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #11

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendrid Spirit View Post
I have been a Paleo/Primal Low Carb dieter for years. I practiced this way of eating which means I left lots of room for alcohol consumption and dining out with family and friends without being too strict (I never eat sugar, sweet fruits, or wheat/grains except for corn tortillas and chips many times when dining out).

Low Carb used to work wonders for me when I wanted to drop a few pounds but through the years started working less and less efectively. It makes sense that my gut critters may not be being fed appropriately so I was happy to add in Kefir and RS in the form of UMPS (unmodified potato starch). I have 2 TBLs in morning and 2 in evening in Jun tea or Kefir. I have had great results. Some gas means the "zoo" is being fed.

I wanted to force burning fat and attempt to finally stabilize weight. I cut alcohol and became strict Paleo. I had some HCG drops left from successful protocol last year and decided to kickstart with it following closely to protocol plan but continuing UMPS in Jun tea twice daily. I have lost inches without much change in weight. Water weight and some fat accounted for 10 lbs first week but no change on scale weeks 2 and 3. I have lost inches in waist, hips, and chest areas. Explanation per feedback on FTA is all the good gut bacteria are multiplying and taking over which results in no weight loss per scale but my skin looks younger and my clothes fit better. Down 2 sizes in 3 weeks!

I am following and learning all I can about the RS and intend to, as a lifestyle plan, remain low carb but with plenty of RS3 foods (cooked cooled beans, potatoes, and rice), high healthy fats and proteins once I lose this last 10 lbs with HCG to aid. My digestion has never been better and RS has worked wonders for me. Thanks for starting thread. I look forward to following.
That is awesome that you are doing the RS with the hcg. I discontinued the rs on my last round because I didn't want to do starch on my round. Then found out that RS was totally different then THAT kind of starch Next round I won't discontinue my RS, but keep on keeping on. Thanks for posting!!
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Janknitz
Stats: 254/184/150
WOE: Low Carb High Fat, Primal
Start Date: June 16, 2011
Hi everyone, I've been playing around with RS a little, too. I did some isolated experiments just to see what my blood sugar and weight would do. BG went down, weight didn't change (I've been stalled forever). And yesterday I got a Ketonix ketone meter that shows that I'm in moderate ketosis, despite the PS and other RS I'm eating (rice noodles, rice wraps, cooked and cooled potato and rice). So now I'm aiming for the 30 gm a day to see what happens--I'm up to about 15 g so far.

It's really nice to be able to eat the rice and occasional potatoes! I feel kind of bloated afterward and they fill me up pretty quickly (maybe not the best for nutrient density?) and taste sooooo good! But right now I'm just having fun reacquainting myself with some of these foods. I've been making "salad rolls" with rice wraps, making fried rice, etc. YUMMY! I did some research, and the process of making these rice wraps really makes the wraps very high in RS. I'm having some PS to round things out.

I like having the breath meter, to make sure ketosis is maintained. Amazing that it is!
Janknitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:00 PM   #13

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Just to let you know, when we went to Japan last summer we were worried about my DD's blood sugar. Having type 1 diabetes and eating rice or noodles every single day for every single meal Oy!!! Well, she had the BEST blood sugars ever And with all those carbs! But they were "rice carbs" as everything over there is made of rice and not wheat. Even the noodles she did well with, they are made from rice flour. I think if she went gluten free she would be so much healthier. Even just being wheat free as was the case when we were in Japan, not so much carb free would be so much better for her. I wish I could send her to Japan for a while until she breaks her addiction to American food, where everything is made of wheat That would be ideal
Old 04-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #14
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/204.6/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janknitz View Post
I've been making "salad rolls" with rice wraps, making fried rice, etc. YUMMY! I did some research, and the process of making these rice wraps really makes the wraps very high in RS. I'm having some PS to round things out.
What kids of rice wraps are you using? Are they the ones that are sort of like tortillas, or the really thin ones that you can see through?
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:00 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
What kids of rice wraps are you using? Are they the ones that are sort of like tortillas, or the really thin ones that you can see through?
The really thin ones you can see through.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:24 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

My results are totally opposite with regards to wheat, rice and RS. Even rice which has been cooled and reheated raises my blood glucose. Yet I had 106 reading after eating 1 cup of Dreamfields pasta with tomato based sauce after being on RS for several weeks. I could always handle the Dreamfields, but would have BS about 115 or so. Yet I cannot handle regular pasta or most wheat products without hitting the 140 mark after 1 hour.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:56 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/140/136
WOE: Primal
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
I too have been experimenting with RS. I was doing fine on low doses, up to 1T taken only in the evening. Last Saturday I decided to try 1T in the morning and had my first problem with excessive gas. I was so bolted that I came off it until my body cool settle down. I will start it back up again.
Last10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:19 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidinem View Post
My results are totally opposite with regards to wheat, rice and RS. Even rice which has been cooled and reheated raises my blood glucose. Yet I had 106 reading after eating 1 cup of Dreamfields pasta with tomato based sauce after being on RS for several weeks. I could always handle the Dreamfields, but would have BS about 115 or so. Yet I cannot handle regular pasta or most wheat products without hitting the 140 mark after 1 hour.
Interesting! It shows the importance of self-monitoring and what works for one person may not work for another.

I read that Dreamfields just settled a lawsuit for around $7 million for false claims about their pasta.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:33 PM   #19
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Have any of you tried plantain flour, tapioca flour, or yuca?
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:51 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

2014 fasting sugar was 93, A1C was 5.5
2012 fasting sugar 99 no a1c
2011 fasting sugar 109 no a1c
2010 fasting sugar 53, A1C 5.4

I don't know if the fasting sugar was helped by the RS or not. However, I do not see a reason to stop taking it, I think it does help with gut flora. I am taking it only once a day now. My blood glucose in 2010 was probably a fluke as I was still in weight loss mode and crazy careful of what I ate. The reason I began this journey was high sugar readings on the home meter back in 2009. I read that a pre diabetic would be diabetic within 5 years in most cases if they did not take immediate measures to control sugar. Four plus years now and I am holding steady and pretty happy. My experiments with RS in the form and rice and potatoes did not pan out. Reheated rice definitely raised BS.

"obesity is a complex problem and it will not be shoehorned into simplistic hypotheses"
Stephan Guyenet

Last edited by Heidinem; 06-03-2014 at 06:56 AM..
Old 06-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I looked at Free the Animal again. I'm ordering more probiotics. I have the garden of life. I'm going to add prescript assist to send some more bugs down more often to actually eat the starch.

I'm also following Wahls protocol on the 9 cups of veg/lc fruit. Compliance is not easy. I am running to the store every other day. This is expensive!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm also following Wahls protocol on the 9 cups of veg/lc fruit. Compliance is not easy. I am running to the store every other day. This is expensive!
If you're ketogenic on the Whals Paleo Plus you can reduce the veggies to 6 cups a day by increasing the fat (especially coconut). I find that's not incompatible at all with RS, I manage to stay in ketosis AND eat Potato starch or retrograded potatoes and rice. Rice and potatoes are not on the Wahl's Paleo Plus list, but you're doing a little hybridizing there.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:25 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I can't go too low on carbohydrates or I will go freezing cold (worse than usual), lose sleep, and go moody.

MCT oil + resistant starch is hard on the stomach. I dropped the MCT oil this morning. I'm going to try spreading the time between these.

I did buy organic chicken livers. They are in my freezer. I am not sure about this part and may toss them. I tried stewing a wild-caught king salmon head that was already cleaned. Oh my GOSH I am a wimp, I will not be doing that again. I will eat oysters, I think that might be the extent of where I can go on the "meat" side.

I think I do remember reading that if you get to "level three" you can cut back the 9 cups. I think this means you are eating the liver and such.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: finallylosing
Stats: 206/135/I think I've reached it!
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2012
Just curious how everyone is doing on the potato starch and retro graded starches. I have been drinking potato starch and eating cooked and cooled potatoes for about two months now but am taking a one week break from it. I have had a lot of leg pain since starting this so thought I would take a break to see if it really is the potato starch. I hope it's not because I am enjoying all the other benefits of it.
Did anyone else have any bad experiences with it?
finallylosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:29 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maximumdensity
Stats: 183/150/130ish
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Feb/2014
Just started researching RS myself. I am curious what it would do to LC plans weight loss. Yes I want to lose but the gut flora seems to be out of balance.... hope you don't mind if I check in here to see how things are going for you all while you try it.

I am trying a few things now, and it seems to me a good idea to not put my body through too many things at once.
maximumdensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think it is good for you, but I have not had any weight loss (sigh).
Old 07-08-2014, 06:56 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krbuell
Stats: 5'4 1/2", SW: 188, CW: 157, GW: 125
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: April 2010
Potato Hack vs Potato Starch

Hi, all. I've been VLC for three years. I lost 50 pounds over the first two and a half years, then maintained for about six months. I've never been able to get much above induction level of Atkins and still lose weight. I'm still extremely carb sensitive, and also hypothyroid and hypoglycemic. Just having half a sweet potato twice a month and higher carb veggie such as squash or peas once or twice a month (so maybe eating something that brought me over 25 net carbs one meal, once a week) caused a regain of 25 pounds over three months (but no hypoglycemic episodes). I went back to less than 20 net carbs for the past six weeks, desperate to lose this weight again, and no weight loss, no loss of inches.

I've been reading the Potato Hack threads for a while and decided to give it a try. I didn't make it through an entire day. I wound up eating about 3 pounds of potatoes yesterday and was starving all day. Last night, blood sugar seemed dangerously low (don't have meter here at the cabin, but recognize the symptoms), so I wound up eating some eggs around 9:30 p.m. and immediately felt better. Feel lousy this morning - headache, no energy, hungry.

Do you think I should try again with potato starch to help combat the hypoglycemia? Try eating just meat and fats? I can't seem to get my weight loss started again. It was very slow loss on LC and now even that's not resulting in loss, just maintaining.

I know most of you are JUDDD. I tried that for about two months in the past during a long stall and wound up gaining weight from the up days. Returning to strict VLC stabilized my weight again. I still can't figure out my body other than knowing that LC helps my hypoglycemia. Any other suggestions? I'd like to transition to more of a Paleo lifestyle than strict Atkins. I've found that Atkins at VLC level definitely hasn't cured things in my body, just kept me in a holding pattern so to speak.
krbuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is supposed to help, and potato starch (starch not flour) is cheap. I don't see that much of an effect from it, but it could help.

I did the potato hack with great success but I cannot do it now. I was starving all day the two times I tried it. My insulin resistance has gotten worse, but it is not horrible (I am not in diabetic range). I am sure this is the problem. I am also much heavier than when I tried it before. I am in the same boat. I have regained from stress eating (things have been really bad the last nine months).

I have just bought a juicer. I have a vitamix, but I become overwhelmed with water when I try to eat a lot of vegetables this way. I am hoping micronutrient deficiency is my problem. I am having a terribel time.

The only thing that is helping me right now is MCT oil. I tend to take it either first thing in the morning, late afternoon, or bedtime. I am working taking it more often but it gives me side effects. I know I overcome these with time and it will help. I eat nothing for an hour before and an hour after. No coffee, no brushing teeth, nothing but plain water.

I don't know if it is the portal vein pathway it uses, the medium-chain triglycerides, the Shangri-la diet effect (I think the mechanism is this improves leptin resistance), the sterilizing bad gut bacteria, ketogenic effect, or all of this, but it is the ONLY thing that is keeping me under control.

I am hoping this plus juicing mass quantities of vegetables is going to make some difference.

I am also checking out Jon Gabriel to see if there is some answer there addressing stress causing weight gain.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krbuell
Stats: 5'4 1/2", SW: 188, CW: 157, GW: 125
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: April 2010
I was hoping to see you reply, Key Tones, as it was some of your older posts that encouraged me to give this a try. I'm sorry to hear you're also struggling.

I definitely can relate to the stress issues. Financial woes, a special needs child (now young adult), and an unsupportive and negative spouse probably have my cortisol levels off the charts. All we can do is keep persevering . I'm pretty sure high stress and possibly ingestion of NSAIDs for arthritis are partly to blame for my issues. I'm trying to cut back, but most days I do need it, as the pain and inflammation really interfere with my ability to do my work. I'm not diabetic either, but LC'ing is probably the only reason I'm not. I'm the only one in a large immediate/extended family who does not have it. It seems to be hereditary, as even thin, otherwise healthy and active relatives are all diabetic, both Type 1s and Type 2s. I get the "side effects" of MCT also, but do try to incorporate that. I don't take it on an empty stomach though, as it makes me nauseous. Juicing sounds interesting and healthy, but I think again would be too much of a carb spike for me, even just from veggies. Hope you can see some benefit from it.

Last edited by krbuell; 07-08-2014 at 10:59 AM..
krbuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
KT--one of the benefits I am finding with the MCT oil is definitely a shangri la type effect. I am taking 2-3 tsps 3x daily--both on DDs and UDs (I JUDDD). What I notice is that as a result, I immediately know when I have eaten enough food--it is like a giant stop sign that wasn't there before! I keep thinking that this is what normal people feel. I will be in the middle of a meal and all of a sudden I feel like I should NOT take another bite. I have JUDDDed before without the mct and I binged on my Up Days. Not so with the mct. It is remarkable, at least for me. everyone is different.
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote