Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Whole 30, 2014 - reciepes and support

I started yesterday, and while I am not really expecting a lot from it regarding energy and health benefits for myself, I am hoping it will help my grandson with his.

So far the best benefit was finding a gravy reciepe which didnt contain grains of dairy and is actually flipping YUM!

While roasting a leg of pork, I chucked in 3 onions and a couple of big handfuls of mushrooms for the last hour. I scooped those into my blender, pour some of the vege water from my boiled cabbage/swiss chard mix into the oven dish to deglazed it. Added a little of the liquid to the blender and pureed the onions and mushrooms, adding a bit more deglaze liquid until it was the right texture. A bit of salt and pepper and holy cow, better than a resturant

Anyone else doing this? I would love more menu ideas since I've been low carb primal for the last few months after switching from Atkins induction and have come to rely on dairy a bit.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2014, 08:39 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Healthy Low Carb
that gravy sounds amazing! I too am starting to switch over to the more primal aspect of things after becoming quite reliant on my cheese and cream for my coffee. I have myself my husband and 4 young girls we are all on board with this way of eating so any tips that you would like to share I'll be more than happy to receive. Somehow maybe we can help each other get through this and make it interesting and keep it fun haha!
Wendy
Its me - WENDALINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

No tips yet

Today is day 4. I seem to be sleeping less, but thats about the only change. Ive been making a mix of coconut cream and almond milk for my tea because either one by itself is a bit much.

26 days to go...

I did have a funny last night. I offered to put a roast in the crock pot for breakfast. Family were all a bit dropped jaw until I reminded them its only tradition that makes pot roast lunch and dinner
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: 197.5/178/150
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
Hi there - I am trying to start my 2014 Whole30 (would like to make it a Whole90) but I am battling a stomach thing. I am trying so hard to stay strong, but all I want is some toast and soup!

I am so glad to see this thread and once I am really ready I will be on here a lot!

Thanks!
labmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Today is day 7 for me and its going ok. Ive got used to the taste of the almond milk/coconut cream mix in my tea. I've been experimenting with the vegetable gravy and made a white sauce last night for my bacon wrapped chicken with grilled leek slices, pureed and diluted with bone broth.

Im not very good at putting as many veggies on my plate as the programme suggests, and Im wondering if that is why there has been no body changes I can see, but overalll its ok.

If I could just see some reduction in my wee mans KP, that would be great. its the reason I decided to do this in the first place
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote