Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   Milk Drinkers? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/819670-milk-drinkers.html)

melkhamilton 12-30-2013 12:29 PM

Milk Drinkers?

I realize milk isn't technically Paleo (as far as we know...certainly not universally, anyway) but is anyone here paleo, except with the addition of milk?

I'm not finding low carb to be great for me, starchy carbs send me into a hunger tailspin (sweet potatoes, etc.) so I'm sort of stuck in the middle right now...what to do, what to do?

I do NOT want to add grains back in...any grains.

So milk is the obvious choice for me. Anybody here basically do Paleo, but with milk? What is your health like? Inflammation? How is the weight loss with this method, for you?

Tulip 01-07-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melkhamilton (Post 16734140)
I realize milk isn't technically Paleo (as far as we know...certainly not universally, anyway) but is anyone here paleo, except with the addition of milk?

I'm not finding low carb to be great for me, starchy carbs send me into a hunger tailspin (sweet potatoes, etc.) so I'm sort of stuck in the middle right now...what to do, what to do?

I do NOT want to add grains back in...any grains.

So milk is the obvious choice for me. Anybody here basically do Paleo, but with milk? What is your health like? Inflammation? How is the weight loss with this method, for you?

I have limited dairy sporadically, such as whole cream, parmesan and kefir and have been eating paleo for a couple of years. It is strange that losing gluten has caused you difficulty with safe starches? I love potatoes & rice but have to have plenty of protein, greens with my dish.

I suffered with inflammation before losing gluten and grains.

Aitch 01-10-2014 05:31 AM

I use some dairy with no problems. I certainly prefer that to grains. :)

Auntie Em 01-13-2014 12:27 PM

Hi, Melkhamilton. :) I use pastured half-&-half for some carbs. I buy Organic Valley, and try to get the lactose-free when I can. If I can't get it, then I take "Dairy Digest" enzymes. The hh, along with egg yolks, and liver, and my supplements give me enough carbs each day. Once in a while, I drink some decaf coffee, or eat a bite or two of unsweetened baking chocolate, but not on the same day.

I use the hh to make yoghurt and rennet cream.

Also, I sometimes buy sour cream, or even hwc, and recently splurged on mascarpone. I'm taking a break from brie and other cheeses, as I feel better without any cheese. Even the mascarpone from the store is problematic.

I usually use approx. 2 ounces of hh in my tea or in hot water, and then have approx 2 - 3 ounces of yoghurt (which I make from the hh) per day.

I also use Kerrygold butter, which is pastured and cultured. I use both salted and unsalted, at approx. 2 Tablespoons per day.

:)