Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: juliekaboolie
WOE: Whole30
Start Date: 1/7/11
Allergic to eggs, wheat (grains), and dairy...what to eat?

Hello!

I've been Paleo-ish for a couple years now. I developed some food allergies after a period of intense, chronic stress. I cannot have anything with eggs (aniphylaxis), wheat/grains (bloating and pain), and dairy (bloating and pain). I am also experimenting with not drinking coffee (so sad!) because it seems to upset my stomach, too. I take supplements (including probiotics), and I am trying rather desperately to heal myself. I will be getting a hysterectomy within the next 6 months which will help with my anemia issues. So. My question: what type of breakfast recipes are out there for someone like me that I can take on-the-go? I have to leave my house for work by 6:30am. So far, I've been taking pumpkin 'muffins' made with chia seeds (as a binder), pumpkin, honey, coconut oil, etc...but what else is there that I can make ahead? Meat and veggies for breakfast just doesn't sound appetizing. Any ideas for me?

Thanks!

**My goal has changed from mere weight loss to health, quality of life, and longevity. This is no longer a diet but a way of life.**

"NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!"~Winston Churchill
juliekaboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
What about a protein smoothie with coconut milk (or coconut cream for the good fats), a vegan protein powder, and whatever else you like (berries, pumpkin, cocoa for chocolate, etc)?

Or oatmeal with coconut oil, nuts and whatever fruit you like.

I spent a few months with similar restrictions and that was some of the stuff I ate.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: juliekaboolie
WOE: Whole30
Start Date: 1/7/11
The vegan protein powder in a smoothie with coconut milk sounds promising!!! I will have to look and see if I can find one that is GF! Cool! Thank you! I can't eat oatmeal without bloating (I love it, too), and I think it's too carby for me, unfortunately.

Any other ideas out there????
juliekaboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: girondet
Stats: Maintaining 125-128, 5'5"
WOE: Bernstein/paleo
Start Date: May 2009
Can you eat flax meal? I make a bread that is just flax meal and water made into dough and baked in the oven....spread thin...I use it for little sandwiches with any kind of meat or a BLT. Or nut butters.
girondet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: girondet
Stats: Maintaining 125-128, 5'5"
WOE: Bernstein/paleo
Start Date: May 2009
You look great by the way!
girondet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Ooh. Made coconut waffles this morning. I used Eggbeaters instead of eggs and they came out great. I got the waffle plates for my Griddler and am thinking of ways to use it. Pumpkin waffles, banana waffles, protein powder waffles...oopsie waffles. They are square so I can use the waffles for a hamburger or a sandwich.
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #7
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasooze View Post
Ooh. Made coconut waffles this morning. I used Eggbeaters instead of eggs and they came out great. I got the waffle plates for my Griddler and am thinking of ways to use it. Pumpkin waffles, banana waffles, protein powder waffles...oopsie waffles. They are square so I can use the waffles for a hamburger or a sandwich.
Do Eggbeaters have eggs in them? If not, what is it made of?
Old 11-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/205/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Do Eggbeaters have eggs in them? If not, what is it made of?
Yes, Eggbeaters are made with real eggs, so should not be consumed by someone allergic to eggs.
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #9
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Yes, Eggbeaters are made with real eggs, so should not be consumed by someone allergic to eggs.
Thanks. I think I am going to have to cut out eggs too. I can figure out alternatives to straight egg dishes, but it is the recipes that are perplexing me. I like to make mayo. The eggless recipes look like gak.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
Julie I have the same allergies. how are you doing? What has become some of your staple foods?
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: radiowaves
Stats: 208/198/150
WOE: paleo keto
Start Date: December 2013
I like the Warrior Blend protein. I have similar allergies (not the egg ones though) and I find I tolerate it well. I usually make my smoothies with almond milk
radiowaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melkhamilton
Just a lot of real, whole food. I have the same dietary restrictions as you except for the eggs, and I never find I need a protein shake in order to get my dietary requirements.

veggies
meat/fish/poultry/pork
possibly butter - butter contains a mere fraction of lactose and is tolerated by some dairy-restricted people; it may or may not work for you
nuts
cocoa powder (yum)
oils
beans
fruit
herbs, spices

In no way a deficient diet.
melkhamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tulip
I agree with Mel. I am sorry about your egg allergy. I eat eggs quite regularly, but have recently found that I have a close family member who has developed egg allergy. So frustrating.

I usually have some type of protein for lunch with lots of veggies. My favs are salad greens, cukes, peppers, artichoke, asparagus, and olives. Dinner is lighter and includes a potato or rice with protein. I don't know why, but I have never been able to drink protein shakes? I know it is a fast way to get protein, but I have difficulty drinking them and usually just forgo.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grammy G
Stats: 235/185/150
WOE: Paleo
Allergy recipes

FYI we started a recipe sticky for Allergy Recipes over in the Recipe Suggestion Room.
Grammy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spaceace
Your breakfast tastes might change with a little time if you give it a try. I used to be a cereal eater, and when I switched to LC I thought this WOE caused intense intestinal problems that made me switch. Luckily I finally realized it was an unknown egg intolerance, and LC actually makes my gut work best now.

But anyway, I was stuck because I needed breakfast food. I ate kosher hot dogs almost every single morning, and it only took weeks until this seemed normal to me in every way. Plus, it was easy to cook, quick to eat, and I really like the taste.

At one point, this sounded terrible - but if you have not given a meat breakfast a try I hope you do. Good luck with what you decide!
spaceace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #16
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

I bought an allergy cookbook and it has a bunch of quinoa recipes for breakfast. They aren't low carb though. A quarter cup uncooked has about 25 carbs and they add nuts and fruit.

When we have the weekend family breakfast I usually crumble up some bacon in a bowl with chopped tomatoes and avocado.

Last edited by GME; 07-06-2014 at 07:45 PM..