Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Primal/Paleo newbies.... tips, hints, and most of all, recipes to share!

Hi all,

Thought I'd start a thread for all us Primal/Paleo newbies where we can share our ideas, tips, frustrations, questions and any fab recipes.

Look forward to hearing from everyone
tashydoll is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Primal banana bread

Ok, here's my first recipe to share...

Primal banana bread

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 very ripe medium-sized bananas, mashed
1/4 cup honey or any natural sweetener of your choice (this is optional, if you prefer it to be a bit sweeter, but not essential)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
4 large eggs
1/2 to 3/4 cup coconut flour (add 1/2 cup first and a little more if your eggs are very large and the mixture appears too wet)
1/2 cup of almond meal (also called almond flour if you hail from a different hemisphere to me )
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Method:
Preheat oven to 180C (approx. 350F). Mix all ingredients together and put into a greased loaf tin. Bake for approximately 40-50 mins or until skewer comes out clean. You may need to check after 30 mins if you have a very fast oven.

Allow to cool in pan for 5 mins and turn onto wire rack to cool completely.

I imagine this recipe could also be made Paleo by using coconut oil instead of butter but I have not tried this myself so cannot vouch for the results.

Enjoy
Old 09-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
That sounds nice. I have to admit...Im still scared of banana's

here's my current favourite. I note: I have been replacing half the almond flour with sunflour because its a lot cheaper where i live. I think it makes this a bit more moist and knocks back the almond taste a bit.

Almond Flour Fruit Muffins

2 cups almond flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
125gm butter, melted
4 eggs
83mls (roughly) water
Sweetener to taste equating about 1/3 cup. (Honey, stevia, splenda...)

Preparation:
1) Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F.

2) Grease muffin tin, or prep 12 muffin cases

3) Mix dry ingredients together well.

4) Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly (You don't want strings of egg white in there and you don't have to worry about "tunnels" when you are using almond meal).

5) Put in muffin tins (about 1/2 to 2/3 full) and bake for about 15 minutes

Variations:
Add 1c fresh or frozen blueberries

Or take a teaspoon of sugar-free apricot jam on each muffin and push it in slightly (it will sink more during baking).

Or add up to 1C dried fruit
Old 09-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Just for us Tashy

ANZAC biscuits - paleo style

5 chopped large dates, or other dried fruit eqiv.
3 heaping tablespoons of almond meal
3 heaping tablespoons of coconut flour (if you don’t have coconut flour, just use more almond meal)
2 eggs
2 generous tablespoons of honey
¼ cup of shredded coconut
few drops of orange essence
¼ teaspoon of baking soda
¼ teaspoon of baking powder
cinnamon (optional)
salt
preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius, fan forced.
blend ingrediants until it is a doughy consistency.
spoon out the dough and roll into your preferred biscuit size, and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper – note: the thinner you press your cookies down onto the tray, the crunchier they will be.
Pop them in the oven for around 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them though as it may vary depending on the size of your biscuits and your oven.
When the edges turn brown, take them out and let them cool on a drying rack.
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Just for us Tashy

ANZAC biscuits - paleo style

5 chopped large dates, or other dried fruit eqiv.
3 heaping tablespoons of almond meal
3 heaping tablespoons of coconut flour (if you don’t have coconut flour, just use more almond meal)
2 eggs
2 generous tablespoons of honey
¼ cup of shredded coconut
few drops of orange essence
¼ teaspoon of baking soda
¼ teaspoon of baking powder
cinnamon (optional)
salt
preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius, fan forced.
blend ingrediants until it is a doughy consistency.
spoon out the dough and roll into your preferred biscuit size, and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper – note: the thinner you press your cookies down onto the tray, the crunchier they will be.
Pop them in the oven for around 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them though as it may vary depending on the size of your biscuits and your oven.
When the edges turn brown, take them out and let them cool on a drying rack.
Oh Lil, you're awesome!!! Thanks for sharing... can't wait to try

LOL about the bananas! Took me awhile too but I keep reminding myself, it's only 3 bananas in the whole thing and I get about 10 serves from the loaf which doesn't really equate to too much overall I just made it and it's sitting on my bench waiting to cool down. I keep it in the fridge and eat a slice, toasted with butter for breakfast. It's awesome and keeps me full for hours. Once I got my head around the banana-thing I was full steam ahead
Old 09-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That sounds nice. I have to admit...Im still scared of banana's

here's my current favourite. I note: I have been replacing half the almond flour with sunflour because its a lot cheaper where i live. I think it makes this a bit more moist and knocks back the almond taste a bit.

Almond Flour Fruit Muffins

2 cups almond flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
125gm butter, melted
4 eggs
83mls (roughly) water
Sweetener to taste equating about 1/3 cup. (Honey, stevia, splenda...)

Preparation:
1) Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F.

2) Grease muffin tin, or prep 12 muffin cases

3) Mix dry ingredients together well.

4) Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly (You don't want strings of egg white in there and you don't have to worry about "tunnels" when you are using almond meal).

5) Put in muffin tins (about 1/2 to 2/3 full) and bake for about 15 minutes

Variations:
Add 1c fresh or frozen blueberries

Or take a teaspoon of sugar-free apricot jam on each muffin and push it in slightly (it will sink more during baking).

Or add up to 1C dried fruit
This looks great too... thanks for sharing

Out of interest, what's sunflour (sunflower seed flour??) And what does it taste like in baking? Also Lil, I often make my own almond meal and it works out heaps cheaper than buying bags of it
Old 09-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

yep, sunflour seed flour. I make it myself in an electric coffee grinder we inherited. It sat in the cupboard for 4 years annoying me because it was useless as grinding coffee. Now I use it every week for grinding nuts

Almond meal is cheaper to buy than the nuts here. I get it from a market gardener guy who imports big bags of it.

The flavour of the sunflour is mild, but the colour is not attractive - kinda greyish. I have no idea of its fat/protein/carb value, Im guessing more fat than almonds
Old 09-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
yep, sunflour seed flour. I make it myself in an electric coffee grinder we inherited. It sat in the cupboard for 4 years annoying me because it was useless as grinding coffee. Now I use it every week for grinding nuts

Almond meal is cheaper to buy than the nuts here. I get it from a market gardener guy who imports big bags of it.

The flavour of the sunflour is mild, but the colour is not attractive - kinda greyish. I have no idea of its fat/protein/carb value, Im guessing more fat than almonds
Ah ok, cool... thanks for the info. Will have to give it a try on its own. I often make a blend of linseed, almond, and sunflower seeds to use as a flour and that's delicious and very mild too. Will try the sunflower seeds on their own for a change
Old 09-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/143.6/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Yayyyyyyyy

I've been bummed all I could find was Paleo threads. Thanks for these great looking recipes!! Just what I needed to get me started. I'm off to the store now. I have everything but the fruit. I'll let you know how they come out.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Yayyyyyyyy

I've been bummed all I could find was Paleo threads. Thanks for these great looking recipes!! Just what I needed to get me started. I'm off to the store now. I have everything but the fruit. I'll let you know how they come out.
Yaaaaay, you're here!!

Let us know how they go Terri. I'll post some more a bit later today I think... maybe my carrot cake
Old 09-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes please, that's a big fav for DH. We're converting him bit by bit

Just got back from the store. Bananas aren’t' ripe enough yet, so blueberry muffins it is.

Already my brain is a buzzing with variations. Thanks for the link on the other thread. I'll check into more recipes later.

I also got some Vanilla Almond milk to try.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes please, that's a big fav for DH. We're converting him bit by bit

Just got back from the store. Bananas aren’t' ripe enough yet, so blueberry muffins it is.

Already my brain is a buzzing with variations. Thanks for the link on the other thread. I'll check into more recipes later.

I also got some Vanilla Almond milk to try.
Great work

Here we go Terri This is my own recipe, which I have only used once and then rushed to write down the ingredients and amounts I used because I loved it so much. Please forgive if it's not entirely perfect but I have tried to add notes in where things might need tweaking depending on the size of the eggs and personal taste etc.

Moist Primal Carrot cake

Ingredients
1. 4 medium-sized carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
2. 3 large eggs, at room temperature
3. ¼ cup of sweetener of choice (honey, stevia etc)
4. ¼ cup pure maple syrup
5. 6 tablespoons butter, softened
6. ½ cup dates, no pits
7. 1 teaspoon vanilla
8. 1/3 cup of walnuts
9. 1 ¼ cup almond flour (may need extra if eggs are very large & mixture too wet)
10. ¼ cup coconut flour
11. ½ teaspoon salt
12. 1 teaspoon baking powder
13. 1 teaspoon cinnamon
14. ½ teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat oven to 180C (approx.350F)

Place the first 7 ingredients in a blender (with a cutting blade) and pulse until carrots are shredded into fine pieces and ingredients are mixed.

Add walnuts and pulse a couple of times until walnuts are roughly chopped.

Add remaining, dry ingredients to a bowl and mix together. Remove wet mixture from blender and add to dry ingredients in the bowl and stir until combined. At this point mixture should be fairly wet but still resemble a thick cake batter consistency: add additional egg (if too dry) or almond/coconut flour in very small amounts at a time (if appearing too wet).

Pour into well-greased and lined cake tin and bake for 45-60 mins* or until skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 10 mins (at this point your kitchen should smell like happiness!!..well, my idea of happiness anyway ). Carefully invert onto wire rack and allow to cool completely. Keep cake refrigerated for best results.

*Depending on your oven, the time may vary and will need to be adjusted accordingly.

This cake can be eaten plain or with cream cheese icing (cream cheese, butter, maple syrup (or sweetener of choice), and vanilla whipped together and refrigerated until ready to use on cooled cake. Cake can be sliced half way through and icing placed in the middle as well as on top.

Enjoy

Last edited by tashydoll; 09-22-2013 at 02:57 PM..
Old 09-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Natasha!
Saved and new shopping list started The muffins just came out of the oven. And yes they smell like happiness The only problem is allowing them to cool before I try them so I don't end up with balls of molten blue berries in my mouth.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Natasha!
Saved and new shopping list started The muffins just came out of the oven. And yes they smell like happiness The only problem is allowing them to cool before I try them so I don't end up with balls of molten blue berries in my mouth.
Hahahaha...ouch!

I just made myself some more homemade raspberry & chia jam (because I'd run out)... I'm having a baking day

Think I might make some of Lil's Anzac cookies next.... Will let you know how they turn out.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Official review of Lil's muffins:

Smelled like happiness, tasted like heaven.

I used 1/3 coconut flour to 2/3 almond and added blue berries. Made 1/2 a batch with 8 muffin yield. I thought they seemed a little small but they are so filling, I'm good. DH who is a "are they real or diet" kind a guy liked them too. I’m thinking for tomorrow’s breakfast. Split, toasted with a little butter.

Okay my enthusiasm is officially renewed. Thanks Tash & Lil!
Old 09-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Official review of Lil's muffins:

Smelled like happiness, tasted like heaven.

I used 1/3 coconut flour to 2/3 almond and added blue berries. Made 1/2 a batch with 8 muffin yield. I thought they seemed a little small but they are so filling, I'm good. DH who is a "are they real or diet" kind a guy liked them too. I’m thinking for tomorrow’s breakfast. Split, toasted with a little butter.

Okay my enthusiasm is officially renewed. Thanks Tash & Lil!
That's awesome Terri... my hubby doesn't even ask anymore, he just eats it and guesses whether he thinks it's 'diet' or not (his tastebuds are changing and he usually doesn't guess when it is primal anymore)!

The muffins will be next on my 'to be baked' list. I have the Anzacs in the oven as we speak and I may or may not have 'tasted' the dough quite a few times and had to stop myself demolishing it before getting it into the oven Will let you know how they turn out.... but judging by the pre-cooked version, they'll be delicious
Old 09-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Ok, just had an Anzac...yummo. The only thing I might do differently next time is add a little butter to the mixture I think and a bit more coconut flour for extra crunch. Thanks for the recipe Lil
Old 09-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Primal mini cheesecakes

Ok, I'm on a roll now.. here's another one...

Primal mini-cheesecakes
Ingredients:
• 1 tsp coconut oil
• 8 medjool dates
• 45g desiccated coconut
• 75g cream cheese
• 75g heavy whipping cream
• 1½ tbsp choice of sweetener (honey, maple syrup, stevia etc)
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp vanilla

Base: Combine first 3 ingredients in blender until they come together (be patient it could take a little bit of time). Press into silicone mini muffin mould & freeze.

Filling: Whip remaining ingredients until thick & fluffy. Place on top of base and return to freezer until set. Turn out of moulds when frozen and store in freezer or fridge (best in freezer).

You could add frozen berries to the filling mixture for something a little extra if you like
Old 09-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well it is becoming that time of year. I made this both as a full pie and muffins last year and either way it was a big hit.

Diamond Deb Pumpkin layer Cheesecake
Filling:
2 pkg (8 oz each) Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup Splenda
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Dash each of ground cloves and nutmeg (I used Pumpkin Pie spice)

Crust: (instead of a graham cracker crust)
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp Splenda
How To Prepare: Making the Crust:

Melt the butter and mix it with the Splenda and chopped pecans. Press the mixture into a 9 inch pie pan. I pressed it into the bottom and as far up the sides as I could. Bake the crust in a 350 degree oven for about 8-9 minutes.

Making the filling:

Mix softened cream cheese, Splenda, and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs and mix until smooth.

Set aside 1 cup of the batter, spoon the rest of the batter into the crust. (Be careful not to "disturb" the pecans too much!)

Mix the pumpkin, spices and 1 cup of batter together, spread on top of the plain batter (there's where you get your pumpkin layer.)

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 - 40 minutes until the center is almost set. Cool, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

I guess I'll need to work on a more Primal sweetener instead of Splenda for this year. Is sugar alcohol accepted, specifically erythritol? I wouldn't think so, but I don't know how it's made. I was thinking Truvia - Stevia/Erythritol mix.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/160/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
I popped in to check out the Primal recipes. They look so delicious. Have printed them and will add to my collection. Great treats for holiday guests and my hungry crew.

Ladies, thanks!
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
I popped in to check out the Primal recipes. They look so delicious. Have printed them and will add to my collection. Great treats for holiday guests and my hungry crew.

Ladies, thanks!
Hello lovely! Thanks for popping over... join us anytime
Old 09-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Natasha,
I really see what you meant about the fruit. It would be super easy to overdo it had you not warned me, thanks.

I tried a BB Muffin for breakfast yesterday and was so full I couldn't eat my eggs and was good until lunch. Today I had a Muffin and a few grapes and I was hungry by mid-morning. Tomorrow going to try it without the extra fruit and see if that's the culprit. I can live without too much additional fruit during the losing stage if I can get away with it for cooking. And of course grapes are not the lowest in sugar option either. But I do remember the strawberries I tried when I did Protein Power years ago just make me hungry so I opted to do without then as well. All a matter of personal tweaking I guess.

Lil & Karai
Old 09-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow Natasha,
I really see what you meant about the fruit. It would be super easy to overdo it had you not warned me, thanks.

I tried a BB Muffin for breakfast yesterday and was so full I couldn't eat my eggs and was good until lunch. Today I had a Muffin and a few grapes and I was hungry by mid-morning. Tomorrow going to try it without the extra fruit and see if that's the culprit. I can live without too much additional fruit during the losing stage if I can get away with it for cooking. And of course grapes are not the lowest in sugar option either. But I do remember the strawberries I tried when I did Protein Power years ago just make me hungry so I opted to do without then as well. All a matter of personal tweaking I guess.

Lil & Karai
I'm glad I warned you then, LOL! I find if I eat too much fruit (or certain types of fruit) I am SUPER hungry. Strawberries are fine for me personally but have been sticking with mostly raspberries or mixed berries (loving a frozen berry smoothie made with almond milk lately) or melon and the fruit that I use in my baking; dates, bananas etc. I also upped my seed intake which increases my carb levels but they keep me really full and don't make me extra hungry. I will post a fab (if I do say so myself!) recipe for seed crackers a bit later today... they are really filling and are great for lunch with your choice of toppings.

And yes, I had to tweak it for a while to find out what my body was happy with. Have you noticed any losses yet Terri? How's your energy levels?

Last edited by tashydoll; 09-24-2013 at 02:56 PM..
Old 09-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Seed crackers

Endurance Crackers

Ingredients:
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pepita seeds (or pumpkin seeds)
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup flaxmeal
3/4 cup water
1 tsp onion powder (or spice of choice)
1/4 tsp salt, or to taste

1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients seeds together. Stir until mixture thickens slightly.

3. Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet with a spatula until it’s less than 1/4 inch thick. Patch any areas that are too thin.

4. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, carefully turn whole slice onto wire rack and peel paper off of the back. Place slice on board and gently cut into crackers. Return cut up crackers (without paper) to a baking tray with the unbaked side facing up. Bake for another 20-30 minutes, watching closely after about 15 minutes. Crackers should be golden and crisp. Allow to cool completely on the pan. Store in a container.

There are only a few alterations that I have made to this recipe but feel free to try the original one if you'd prefer
Old 09-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Energy is great. I was even inspired to work out last night.

I'm not weighing until Friday, but I put on jeans for my seminar today that I'm not usually comfortable in and they're just fine. I got stuck with sandwiches at the seminar. So I just accepted it as my 20% off meal (not what I would have chosen), skipped the chips and I'm back to plan. Funny though on my way back to the office I was thinking about picking up a bad treat just because I had been non-compliant and I wasn't even hungry. Next seminar (Friday) is a breakfast event at a fancy restaurant, so I'm hoping they will have higher end and more compliant faire. But I will make sure not to go there hungry.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

I have to admit I am not a strict adhearant to primal - I dont do the 80-20 thing. Mind you, last night I ate some cheap shop sausages and judging from the amount of bloating and glurgling going on, they were half flour anyway

its odd eating this way, no changes on the scale beyond maybe 100gms up or down.

I tried making the minicheese cakes with kiwifruit. Yeah, nah, will not be doing that again

Havent really got any new reciepes at the moment. Im getting pretty focused on the holiday. Only 6 sleeps to go
Old 09-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Energy is great. I was even inspired to work out last night.
I'm not weighing until Friday, but I put on jeans for my seminar today that I'm not usually comfortable in and they're just fine. I got stuck with sandwiches at the seminar. So I just accepted it as my 20% off meal (not what I would have chosen), skipped the chips and I'm back to plan. Funny though on my way back to the office I was thinking about picking up a bad treat just because I had been non-compliant and I wasn't even hungry. Next seminar (Friday) is a breakfast event at a fancy restaurant, so I'm hoping they will have higher end and more compliant faire. But I will make sure not to go there hungry.
That's awesome that you're feeling more energy & fitting in your jeans better!
It certainly is hard to find the right foods in restaurants. But breakfast very likely should consist of eggs & bacon of some kind.
Quote:
I have to admit I am not a strict adhearant to primal - I dont do the 80-20 thing. Mind you, last night I ate some cheap shop sausages and judging from the amount of bloating and glurgling going on, they were half flour anyway
its odd eating this way, no changes on the scale beyond maybe 100gms up or down.
I tried making the minicheese cakes with kiwifruit. Yeah, nah, will not be doing that again
Havent really got any new reciepes at the moment. Im getting pretty focused on the holiday. Only 6 sleeps to go
How long have you been following primal? Curious, what holiday is coming up for you?

I'm doing really well on primal, being ultra careful, but finding the additions of dairy & fruit to be such a treat... enjoyed huckleberries & greek yogurt today...
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Lil,
What's your holiday coming up? How do you celebrate?

I'm not doing 80/20 unless I need to, just allowing myself that leeway so I don't freak out or obsess. I've let myself get so tweaked about going to my sister's for dinner and trying not to eat her homemade (sinfully delicious) brownies that, have them or not, I end up blowing my diet for days. I figure if I have 3 meals a day for 7 days = 21 meals a day. 80% = 17 meals. So that gives me 4 meals a week not to be perfect and still be on plan and that allows for life. I wouldn't expect to lose eating that way mind you, but I'm hoping to maintain that way and when life does not interrupt, I'm still on plan and losing. Sounds crazy but I'm hoping the little crazy woman that lives inside my head will buy it.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
That's awesome that you're feeling more energy & fitting in your jeans better!
It certainly is hard to find the right foods in restaurants. But breakfast very likely should consist of eggs & bacon of some kind.
How long have you been following primal? Curious, what holiday is coming up for you?

I'm doing really well on primal, being ultra careful, but finding the additions of dairy & fruit to be such a treat... enjoyed huckleberries & greek yogurt today...
Hey Deb,
Yeah I'm not sure if they're serving or buffet muffins & fruit like usual. I expect the later, so I think I'll eat first. Chocolate Chocolate Chip muffins are almost as hard to resist as my sister's brownies.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Oh yeah, I know about brownies (cookie monster here)!! I guess I'm fortunate to be on a medically restricted gluten-free diet... can't even think about tasting it, so its not a temptation any more. PTL!
That is good about the 80/20 thing to keep you from beating yourself up & getting discouraged. Looking forward to reading the book, so all this stuff will make sense!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote