Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
Just jumping in to say .
I will hopefully be joining in here in the next month or so, and want to educate myself as much as possible on the transitioning process
Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
Oh, also I found livinghealthywithchocolate paleo dessert recipe blog that I absolutely love reading! Maybe you ladies will find something there, too
Heeeyyyyy, good to have you here with us!! I've read that before and it's deadly!!! There's lots of good stuff about I find, to help with recipe ideas and get you motivated
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2014, 08:35 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10/s8/s4
I've decided to go ahead and jump in on the primal WOE starting now. I actually ate a pretty primal dinner last night, and I just really enjoy eating that way.
I already have a fridge full of grass-fed, local meat, eggs, and dairy, as well as fresh, yummy veggies.
I think my biggest problem will be getting away from sugar-free syrups/sugar subs and I don't think I am ready to experiment yet with honey. And I'm still not ready for fruit, but I was never really a big fruit person anyway.
I want to keep my carbs around 5 for now, but will increase when I hit goal (or maybe before if I can get up enough courage to try a bit of honey and homemade yogurt).
I plan to check in here regularly, and I am headed to my kitchen to dump the processed junk now!

My journal: 60 Days to Goal!
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:12 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Changed my mind again. I just saw a really good deal on organic molasses, and I am going to keep it in my pantry and play around with adding no more than a tsp to anything I want to sweeten. And I am going to use the culture and HWC to make yogurt. So I am going to say carbs at 10 or below everyday.
I guess that's ketogenic primal?

Last edited by qurlybee; 02-02-2014 at 09:15 AM..
Old 02-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Sorry that I keep wavering, but I keep thinking of things AFTER the editing post period is over.
I'm going to use stevia instead of molasses for now because I am a chicken. I think that in a nice 1/2 cup serving of heavy cream yogurt is a good place to start.
This doesn't seem like a daily menu/weigh-in thread, so I think I will start a blog for that. I will keep checking in for inspiration, tips, and recipes!
Old 02-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Hey Qurlybee...I still use stevia even whilst eating primal as I do a fairly LC version. I find that a combination of honey or pure maple syrup and stevia/erythitrol is a good way to have something sweet without overdoing it on the natural sugars.

Easing your way into it is a good idea, I did the same thing. I slowly added back in good carbs firstly from veggies and then slowly with some fruit. Then I started adding honey and things back in for a treat.

I love my homemade greek yoghurt too, it's delicious with a bit of stevia/honey, organic vanilla essence and frozen berries I also use a bit when making a berry smoothie with coconut cream and almond milk. It's super filling and keeps me going for hours.

Don't forget that you do whatever makes your body feel good when it comes to primal/paleo and don't let anybody tell you what the 'rules' are because there are a lot of 'Paleo Police' out there that try to convince you that you HAVE to do certain things. Use your body as a guide and find out what works for you

So glad to have you here BTW... and I might see you over at the M&E thread from time to time too no doubt
Old 02-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Using the combo sounds like a really smart idea!
Similarly to you, I am focusing on the veggie carbs right now. I don't know that I'll ever get back into fruit, honestly. I just don't seem to like it all that much. But I will be more than willing to make up for it with veggies!
My culture and heavy cream are coming tomorrow, so I think I am going to try making my first batch this weekend. I will use the stevia and vanilla for now, and when I'm less chicken (which, who am I kidding, probably won't be until after goal), I will start experimenting with the combos you mentioned.
You're the best, tashy! And I am definitely popping into M&E!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:22 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Healthy Low Carb
I wanna jump in too. My family is on board for primal (at least DH & I made the decision to be ~ the youngins will eat whatever LOL). One of my triplets is recently diagnosed with a gluten intolerance which manifested itself in the form of psoriasis. Sorry for babbling on. Anyway we are on board and love the accountability and all the help!

Thanks for all the information already posted here,
Wendy
Its me - WENDALINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #188
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lil.trubl
Stats: 306/220/135
WOE: RxHCG
Start Date: March 2012
So Christmas was a total bust not only didn't maintain but gained back the 15lbs I lost...so here I go..I'm going to follow Mark Sissons plan.

Starting weight 220lbs....
Goal 150lbs (for now)
I'm 5'0 so I'm supposed to be 105-135..we will see when I get there

Goals

Hot yoga 2x a week
Jiu–jitsu 2x a week
Training for the 10km SunRun
lil.trubl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
200kg of grass reared beef in my freezer. All organic-ish as in I n3ver drenched them, I dont apply fertiliser and only dp spot spraying on the thistles.

I still have 70kg gluten free herb and garlic sausages to come.

My freezer is full. Since my vege garden is starting to produce we are tbinking of buying a small cheap second chest freezer.

Last night I made meatloaf and tonight we are having big mac in a bowl. Breakfast was eggs and left over meat loaf.

I love food
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its me - WENDALINA View Post
I wanna jump in too. My family is on board for primal (at least DH & I made the decision to be ~ the youngins will eat whatever LOL). One of my triplets is recently diagnosed with a gluten intolerance which manifested itself in the form of psoriasis. Sorry for babbling on. Anyway we are on board and love the accountability and all the help!

Thanks for all the information already posted here,
Wendy
Glad to have you here! Anything that we can do to help you and we will do our best

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil.trubl View Post
So Christmas was a total bust not only didn't maintain but gained back the 15lbs I lost...so here I go..I'm going to follow Mark Sissons plan.

Starting weight 220lbs....
Goal 150lbs (for now)
I'm 5'0 so I'm supposed to be 105-135..we will see when I get there

Goals

Hot yoga 2x a week
Jiu–jitsu 2x a week
Training for the 10km SunRun
Hi How are your goals going? Hot yoga, I've heard that is torture!! Good luck with everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
200kg of grass reared beef in my freezer. All organic-ish as in I n3ver drenched them, I dont apply fertiliser and only dp spot spraying on the thistles.

I still have 70kg gluten free herb and garlic sausages to come.

My freezer is full. Since my vege garden is starting to produce we are tbinking of buying a small cheap second chest freezer.

Last night I made meatloaf and tonight we are having big mac in a bowl. Breakfast was eggs and left over meat loaf.

I love food
Hey Lil, I love meat and it sounds like you have enough to get you through the next year

Sorry I haven't been around much...have been lurking but haven't really had time to post. Just cruising along at the moment and have maintained my goal weight for quite a while now.

I haven't dropped anything on the scales but have managed to lose a few inches from bust, waist, and hips by experimenting with my exercise regime. I'm not sure if you've read about "chronic cardio" that Mark Sisson talks about but I have made some adjustments and found it to help immensely with my body tone and shape. Here's what I've done:

* increased how much I move in a day and try to be more active in general
* reduced cardio workouts from 50 min sessions to 25 mins at a time
* workout 4 or 5 times a week (25 min sessions) rather than 3 long workouts of 50 mins
* have been doing high impact interval training (HIIT) i.e. 7 min workouts, 2 times a week (1 or 2 x 7 mins workouts per session)
* changed any weights sessions I do to be lower weight, higher insensity/repetition and much shorter sessions.

They really are only small changes but it has made a big difference in the last 6 weeks and I'm actually feel like I'm doing less Anyway it gets a big thumbs up from me

Hope everyone is doing well. Hi to Terri and Qurlybee and all of the lovely lurkers out there Happy losing everyone....
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Have been gone for a while but I learned that I definitely canNOT consume honey/molasses/maple, etc yet. I gained a crap ton of weight experimenting with those, so it's back to stevia for now until I can figure out my perfect amount. I will be doing M&E to get back to my pre-primal weight
Old 02-19-2014, 06:31 PM   #192
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Elaine1
paleo

Tashydoll,

I happen to also be on the paleo diet. Actually, it's a modified paleo. I'm diabetic so it works well for me. I don't do a lot of "recipe" meals as a rule...just eat pretty simply.

I actually like those Atkins meals which are a bit pricey. But mostly I eat grass-fed beef and chicken, lots of nuts, avocado, turkey breast, Greek yogurt (Fahe w/stevia!), deviled eggs, green beans, peas, broccoli, kale salad with shredded carrots. Very rarely, I eat black beans with some salsa. I even eat peas for breakfast...only 1 cup as they can add up carb-wise. I have not eaten ANY bread, rice, potatoes, pasta or cereal in I don't know how long. Not really missing them.

I'm one of those annoying people who can eat very plain food and do a lot of exercise just because it's good for me. Have a high tolerance, I guess. My son's autistic and my mom has Alzheimers', so other "hard" things pale in comparison!
Elaine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #193
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lil.trubl
Stats: 306/220/135
WOE: RxHCG
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Glad to have you here! Anything that we can do to help you and we will do our best

Hi How are your goals going? Hot yoga, I've heard that is torture!! Good luck with everything

Actually I love "Moksha" Hot Yoga... very chill..hehe as in calm, unlike Bikram way too hardcore with some teacher yelling at you for the whole 90 minutes, it's just not my thing.

As for my goals.. can you say 'hamster on a wheel'? I've spent the better part of a week mentally beating myself up for not "progressing" in any way shape or form. I now know that I am my own worst enemy So I have decided to take the advice of a friend and start from the beginning as if it was the beginning and I hadn't failed multiple times. Wish me strength
Old 03-08-2014, 06:28 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

zuchinni fritters

2c grated zucs
1/2c LSA
2T coconut flour
2t oregano
chopped spring onion - to taste
2 eggs
salt and pepper

mix together and fry on grill or in pan in fat. Serve with sour cream.

I've made this with blue cheese crumbled into the fritter mix and it was FAB!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Healthy Low Carb
those sound really good! but what is LSA?
Its me - WENDALINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:14 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Flour mix we have here of equal amounts of linseed, sunflower and almond flour.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

New reciepe

I am ready to bow down and worship myself.

I've been playing with the one minute muffin reciepe for ages and this morning DS4 requested 'toast'. I decided to try making it in a frypan with some melted butter since toasting the microwave version has never worked well for me. it 'toasted' nicely and resembled french toast so I had a play and OMNOMNOMNOMNOM. I had to take a BIG leap of faith and use maple syrup which I have been a feared off no matter how primal it is

And now I bring you....

French Toast
1T coconut flour
1T almond flour
1t BP
1 egg
1T olive oil

Mix together and pour into a small cast iron frying pan, in which you have melted a tablespoon of butter. Cook one side, flip and cook the other, flip onto plate, spread or dot with some butter.

Take a ripe banana - one of those that is starting to get brown spots as a) they're sweeter and b) MDA says they have a better nutrient profile than 'just turned yellow, still almost green' banana's. Mash the banana and spread over the toast. Evenly tip 1T maple syrup over top.

Hide from your family while your eating
Old 04-03-2014, 09:28 AM   #198
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DABG
Stats: S:184, C: 164, G: 145
WOE: LC, IF, RS
Start Date: RS: 12/ 28/13
PS--lilbeetle, I am also ready to bow down and worship you after trying your french toast!
DABG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

I did it, I did it, I did it!

I made hot cross 'buns'. I took the below almond flour muffin reciepe and added 1 cup of fruit I had dehydrated so sugar free (lots of orange rind) and a tablespoon of mixed spice with added cloves and mixed in. Then I blended cream cheese with HWC so it was a bit runny and piped a cross on each one. Bake as usual and yummy! Hot cross muffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
That sounds nice. I have to admit...Im still scared of banana's

here's my current favourite. I note: I have been replacing half the almond flour with sunflour because its a lot cheaper where i live. I think it makes this a bit more moist and knocks back the almond taste a bit.

Almond Flour Fruit Muffins

2 cups almond flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
125gm butter, melted
4 eggs
83mls (roughly) water
Sweetener to taste equating about 1/3 cup. (Honey, stevia, splenda...)

Preparation:
1) Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F.

2) Grease muffin tin, or prep 12 muffin cases

3) Mix dry ingredients together well.

4) Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly (You don't want strings of egg white in there and you don't have to worry about "tunnels" when you are using almond meal).

5) Put in muffin tins (about 1/2 to 2/3 full) and bake for about 15 minutes

Variations:
Add 1c fresh or frozen blueberries

Or take a teaspoon of sugar-free apricot jam on each muffin and push it in slightly (it will sink more during baking).

Or add up to 1C dried fruit
Old 04-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Easy Cheesy Sausage Loaf

500gm sausage meat
chopped and diced onion
1pkt onion soup
1/4 c Tomato paste
about a cup of cheese cut into cubes salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients excluding the cheese. Pack about half the mix into a casserole dish and lightly press the cheese into the meat - doesnt need to be buried. Cover cheese layer with rest of meat mix. Bake 180C for 30-45 mins. I crush pork rinds and sprinkle on top for last 10 mins for added crunch as flavour. Serve with salad or veges. Really good with grain free gravy. Really, really good the next day if you double it.