Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Tashy,
What is the time difference there, from here? I'm on the west coast of America... always makes me think you must get 'lonely' when we're all sleeping! Can you post your time on your next post, please? The posts are listed on the board under our own time-zones... so it will do the comparison for us. Thanks!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi Tashy,
What is the time difference there, from here? I'm on the west coast of America... always makes me think you must get 'lonely' when we're all sleeping! Can you post your time on your next post, please? The posts are listed on the board under our own time-zones... so it will do the comparison for us. Thanks!
Hahaha, Deb you're lovely to think of me being lonely!! Yes it does get lonely when you are all sleeping It's Friday 25th October and 7.58 am here at the moment and we are GMT+10 in Brisbane and have no DST in Queensland (so backward if you ask me!). What time is it there??

Last edited by tashydoll; 10-24-2013 at 02:58 PM..
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! Hello tomorrow! I always think about where people are... have a map on my bulletin board full of "colored pins" from people I've met online over the years... quit adding to it years ago, but its a reminder of how small the internet has made the world now!
When you posted it was "almost 8 am" there it was "almost 3 pm" here! Its 4:14 pm now... so that's a pretty good "over-lap" for you... since you're up early! Our morning-noon-ish is your sleep time. I think a lot of posts happen in our mornings, but also dinner-time too... because the easterners are relaxing then. We will change our clocks back November 3rd... yeah, those savings times are a real pain.
Have a great day!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Its 1:15pm here, friday
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! almost 24 hrs ahead of us! It was 5:15 pm Thursday here... when you're 1:15 pm Friday. Very interesting!! & cool!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, when Im trying to work out what time it is when phoning some freinds in America, I use "6 hours ahead, yesterday" It works for me

Cant honestly say I am being particulary primal at the moment, or M&E or anything. I've had some chinese takeaways and KFC, ive had some digestive issues, prolly caused by those food and so have been 'babying' myself. Last night I made rissoles with mutton fat and fresh herbs (loving spring and fresh garden stuff!) with asparagus and carrots, and a rich cheese sauce. So good!

Currently trying to motivate myself to making some cheesecake, and maybe some kind of cracker, but just cant be bothered. My energy levels havent really picked up since my op, although Im a lot better than before. hey, at least I vacummed today
Old 10-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my! Quick get back to Primal! Hope you feel better soon.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Paleo 'museli'

Ok, kiddies...recipe time. Just made some of this and it is too yummy (I may need to hide it from myself!) Was a bit sick of eggs and linseed muffins for breakfast so I mashed together a few different recipes and came up with this This can be eaten like trail mix by itself, added on top of greek yoghurt or eaten as cereal with milk of your choice.

Paleo museli
125g dates, soaked in boiling water for 10-15 mins and then drained
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 tsp salt

Method

*Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350F ??).
*In a food processor, process drained dates and bananas until a smooth consistency.
*Mix the rest of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
*Stir in the banana/date mixture and make sure all the dry ingredients are covered completely.
*Spread out the mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Don't worry if it joins together a bit, it will separate a bit during the process.
*Place tray into preheated oven and bake for around 15-25 minutes or until golden (this time may vary depending on your oven temperature).
*Check every 5 minutes or so and mix around to make sure the edges don’t burn.
*Once cooked to your liking, allow to cool on the tray.
*Store in an airtight container.

**I added in a handful each of chopped dates and chopped dried apricots after the mixture was cooled. It added some extra freshness and sweetness but it is totally up to you if you want to add it.**
Old 10-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

YUM!

I have to try that, the next time I go shopping.

I made a dessert yesterday by tweaking an existing one - not sure if its entirely primal, but never mind

500gm plain cream cheese (2 packets)
2 eggs
splash vanilla
1/3c sugar equiv. of sweetner
1 packet weight watchers strawberry jelly powder.
frozen berries

Blend or mix all ingredientsd except the berries. Mix well, and wipe down the bowl occasionally to ensure all ingredients are mixed in. Mix about 2 mins to get light and fluffy.

Drop a few frozen berries into the bottom of muffin cases (I have silicon ones), and spoon some creamed mix on top. Bake at 180C for 20-30 mins. SO GOOD WARM. SO GOOD COLD.

My next experiment is going to be with WW chocolate mousse instead of jelly powder. Might be terrible and higher carbs than I normally deal with, but the potential......
Old 10-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
YUM!

I have to try that, the next time I go shopping.

I made a dessert yesterday by tweaking an existing one - not sure if its entirely primal, but never mind

500gm plain cream cheese (2 packets)
2 eggs
splash vanilla
1/3c sugar equiv. of sweetner
1 packet weight watchers strawberry jelly powder.
frozen berries

Blend or mix all ingredientsd except the berries. Mix well, and wipe down the bowl occasionally to ensure all ingredients are mixed in. Mix about 2 mins to get light and fluffy.

Drop a few frozen berries into the bottom of muffin cases (I have silicon ones), and spoon some creamed mix on top. Bake at 180C for 20-30 mins. SO GOOD WARM. SO GOOD COLD.

My next experiment is going to be with WW chocolate mousse instead of jelly powder. Might be terrible and higher carbs than I normally deal with, but the potential......
Oooooo, that'sounds deadly...I would definitely eat my weight in that! Yummo. Will have to try next time I feel like treating myself

Just had feedback from my hubby about the muesli recipe and he thinks it's a bit too 'banana-y' (but he still likes it) so next time I'm going to cut down on the banana and up the dates and see if that fixes it. I personally like it, but I like that taste of bananas and I don't think that it's overpowering...personal choice I guess
Old 11-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Ya!
Hope y'all are doing well!
Old 11-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi Ya!
Hope y'all are doing well!
Hi Deb you too! Been a bit quiet on here of late How's your maintaining going? I'm doing pretty well..weight has plateaued but measurements have dropped...must be the exercise
Old 11-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, good for you! That's always a great sign!
Maintenance is going well. Had a few days of total exhaustion though. My adrenals acted up & of course with the exhaustion comes mental fatigue too, so I forgot what the symptoms meant & just scratched my head for a day & a half... then woke up to "oh yeah" ... adrenals! Took an extra Isocort & like magic I'm feeling almost normal!
DH's Mom is not doing well, and the stress of that must of brought it on... We're trying to get things ready & go down to help with her care & see her.
Winter is coming... supposed to be a run of snowy days starting on Tuesday... DH put the studded-snow tires on both our vehicles today. So here we go again...
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 11-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Ive been a bit quite...still checking in, but not much to say. maintainance is....relaxed

its nice not having to think too much about what i eat. I have a good reciepe base, and frankly, its not a diet as just the stuff we eat. I have Dh's mum coming to stay next week and thats giving me some qualms menu wise, but otherwise not much at all.

I did have a bit of a drinking binge over the weekend. I got the go ahead from my doctor after being teetotal since sept 10th, and went a little crazy lol. So I am up a kg, but i know from expereince that I will pee that out over the next couple of days. About the only possible issue is that I have a health check today with the fire service for glucose and cholsterol amongst other stuff. Fortunatly, I found out the tester is primal himself, so he's going to do HDL for me specifically
Old 11-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

WITH the rum. it is Christmas yanno

What is 'white christmas'? I saw something on facebook this morning labelled that.

I know Christmas is 'only one day' and all that. Its just that it is a significantly special day of the year for my family. There are a lot of bittter sweet memories associated with it, a lot of healing has come with it and we have traditions going back generations. traditions that are laws written in stone really lol.

Im hosting it (yay) so its all going to be low carb/paleo, so my immediate family dont have to play the carb avoidance dance. Ive got lots of ideas and substitutes I can make - Ive just bought a dehydrator online so I can make some egg plant crisps, salt and vinegar flavour even!

Chocolate Fudge Slice

Into food processor put:
1.5 cups of dates
3 tbsp of melted coconut oil (or butter)
1/2 tsp rock salt (trust me!)
1/2 tsp of rum essence (optional)
1/4 tsp of almond essence (optional)
1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
Process until well chopped up then add:

1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
3/4 cup of walnuts (1 of those small packets)
1/2 cup of raisins
1/4 cup of finely sliced cyrstalised ginger (optional) (I soak in water to remove the sugar coating first then drain)
pulse until combined

Press into storage container, no need to grease, then place in the fridge.

Chocolate topping
Melt 2/3 cup of coconut oil
Stir in 2/3 cup of cocoa powder
1/4-1/3 cup of stevia
Stir until smooth

Pour liquid chocolate over the top of the cold slice and return to fridge.
After an hour or two slice up into little squares.

I didnt use the almond essence, and had a wee bit more of the rum. I think you could reduce the sweetner if you wanted. i find it very sweet

The picture is of the detrius from our small binge The pen is there for sizing, not because it was an essential part of the eating expereince.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-11-10_14-26-22_523.jpg (52.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 11-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
That looks awesome Lil and very different than the typical Calif. fare. I love your and Natasha's recipes, they are so full of fresh ideas for me.

Okay this might sound crazy to you guys, but do you know "French toast"? Basically bread dipped in egg & cinnamon and grilled like pancakes. Ever since I made the banana nut bread, I've been thinking what a decadent French toast that would make Christmas morning. But I'm still making DH the blueberry muffins, his favorite.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Watch out - its very more-ish

Yep, I know what french toast is. We have it for sunday breakfast...well we USED to lol. But we had ours with either goldern syrup, or maple syrup on. On occasion with a side of grilled banana's and bacon.

Our Christmas morning brekkie is always bacon and eggs, so nothing special in that lol. I will need to come up with an alternative to the fried mashed spud tho. because Christmas is a hot, sunny day, we've always had cold meat and salad, followed by fresh fruit and whipped cream and ice cream, so thats not very different either. Its the little fruit mince pies, bread, the boiled fruit pudding, Christmas cake, potato dishes, potato chips, pavalova, trifle, lollies and chocolate that need subbing out.

I have found a sweet short pastry thats made 100% from almond flour. I'll have a play with it and see how it goes
Old 11-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
That looks awesome Lil and very different than the typical Calif. fare. I love your and Natasha's recipes, they are so full of fresh ideas for me.

Okay this might sound crazy to you guys, but do you know "French toast"? Basically bread dipped in egg & cinnamon and grilled like pancakes. Ever since I made the banana nut bread, I've been thinking what a decadent French toast that would make Christmas morning. But I'm still making DH the blueberry muffins, his favorite.
Hi Terri, yep I know french toast alright, I make if for my family every weekend My DD eats it with maple syrup but DH & I don't like it sweet so we have it with worcestershire sauce I use my paleo bread recipe that I have already made up in the fridge and dunk it into the egg mix and cook it like normal french toast...makes me feel so 'normal' to be able to eat it something like that and not worry about eating real bread

How's everyone going? Sorry I haven't dropped by for a while...will post a new recipe soon. Hope everyone is going well
Old 11-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Im going great. I made another batch of the fudge, yummy!

Weight wise Im holding steady, lost a teensy bit, gained it back, up and down but usually hovering in the same range so thats good. I think food wise, we've come to a point of this is what we eat, its not a diet, its not unusual. This means when other people come to visit, I forget that some of what we eat is not exactly normal fare

My boss who is a tetraplegic and obese to boot has asked me on and off about my WOE. last night he told his wife he'd like to try it and she said no She doesnt believe what i have to say about animal fat/saturated fat and doesnt want to cook seperate meals. Since he is reliant on her to feed him, he's going for method b - move more, eat less. I know its not going to work out for him, but I guess its good he's trying. So sad tho.

I havent done anything more about making Christmas food, I did get a link sent to me with how to dry fruit so its lower in sugar than the shop stuff. ive bought a dehydrator so looking forward to giving that a bash. Although we're just heading into summer, in autumn there will be a glut of fruit for me to try since we live in an area with a lot of commercial orchids. They always have 2nds to sell and thay would be excellent testing material.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Making Orange cake, with chocolate icing. if it works, I have sorted my 'christmas cake'
Old 11-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Made home made icecream...very nice. Another item on the christmas day low carb foods check list ticked off
Old 12-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #172
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lil.trubl
Stats: 306/220/135
WOE: RxHCG
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
debbie, if you have a whole foods near, they carry the almond milk coffee creamer and coconut milk coffee creamer, too. i would think trader joes may have it as well.
Costco carries Plain almond milk made from Blue Diamond...found it both Kamloops and the lower mainland.
lil.trubl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #173
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lil.trubl
Stats: 306/220/135
WOE: RxHCG
Start Date: March 2012
Hi all...I've been lurking here reading your posts, they're awesome btw. I am currently on HCGRx and am planning on eating primal as of the 21st of December (when I finish this round) and for the rest of my life. I love eating that way but I found my weight creeping back up due to the "extra" crap aka SAD I was eating. I was so frustrated when my weight went up and totally annoyed with myself for doing something I knew better not too
lil.trubl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Hi lil.trbl, welcome

If thats you in the avatar, you've come a long way, WTG!

I do a fairly low carb primal, I just cant handle much in the way of carbs anymore. Wheat gives me a gutache and sore knuckles, sugar makes me go la-la. I will be eating like this for life. I love that I am doing this in a time when you can go online and thers 1000's of reciepes Ive never tried before, or others where people have adapted old favourites. Cooking has become interesting again

Hope primal goes well for you
Old 12-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil.trubl View Post
Hi all...I've been lurking here reading your posts, they're awesome btw. I am currently on HCGRx and am planning on eating primal as of the 21st of December (when I finish this round) and for the rest of my life. I love eating that way but I found my weight creeping back up due to the "extra" crap aka SAD I was eating. I was so frustrated when my weight went up and totally annoyed with myself for doing something I knew better not too
Hi there lil.trubl Nice to have you here. Haven't posted for a while but will get the urge soon probably I understand your frustration completely; it is easy to think that we can return to a previous way of eating and what we are currently doing is only "for the short term"...sometimes we have to find out the hard way!!

Same as Lil, I will be eating this way for the rest of my life. I started out doing quite LC when I changed to Primal WOE but have been slowly upping my good carbs without any adverse affects. It's just a normal WOE of eating for me now and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. It helps that I have been having issues with gluten for about 10 years and had already removed it from my diet when I was initially doing Atkins and so I don't miss any of that yukky carby stuff (bread, pasta, etc) You look like you've had amazing success, well done to you

Hi all.... Lil, Terri, Deb, lurkers...Hope you are all enjoying the holiday season We're off to the beach for 2 weeks tomorrow so I am a happy camper and loving our 35 degree (95F) days Bring on the beach!

Last edited by tashydoll; 12-05-2013 at 01:42 PM..
Old 12-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone, hope you all had an enjoyable Christmas that didnt do too much harm.

I am going to do the whole30 thing for january. Its not entirely because I feel i need it, its mostly because I finally diagnosed this annoying rash thing on my Beetles arms as being keratinitus - how ever its spelt

The 'cure' for it is gluten free (we are already) high fat (ditto), added vit A as liver or fish oil (to do) and dairy free. So we'll do the dairy free thing for January and see if it clears it up. Hes had it ever since we got him at 15 months and they told me he had it from a very early age. I had tried dairly free with him a year ago thinking he was lactose intollerant, but he wasnt gluten free then.

From my understanding, apart from dairy, we are more or less eating whole 30 anyway since we dont have any sugars. my only vice is coke zero, I wil miss that

Im not really sure how to add liver to our meals. No one here likes it at all. I have hidden it in sausages and mince stew in small amounts but thats it. I saw an article on facebook today for making frozen liver 'pills' but I think id be the only one game anough to try. Wish we liked fish, but eww. It'll have to be fish oil supplements.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Hey Lil & Tash
Much love & happy holidays!!!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:44 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hey Lil & Tash
Much love & happy holidays!!!
Heya Terri...same to you xx
Old 01-28-2014, 04:43 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10/s8/s4
Just jumping in to say .
I will hopefully be joining in here in the next month or so, and want to educate myself as much as possible on the transitioning process
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:48 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10/s8/s4
Oh, also I found livinghealthywithchocolate paleo dessert recipe blog that I absolutely love reading! Maybe you ladies will find something there, too
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote