Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/140.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hey! Where did everybody go?
I got my book! Haven't got a chance to read it yet... too busy with work & catching up on the boards here.

OK. So, my face cleared up really fast. I went ahead with GY this morning, and stayed away from the cream. Will see if face stays clear. I'm down 1/4 lb. for the week, possibly more because my hip was out. But I'm happy with that, as I only want to lose 2 lbs. mainly want to maintain while increasing my metabolism.

I'm trying Stevia again... don't like it! But the new brand I bought doesn't nauseate me. Makes me lose interest in my coffee though! Which could be a good thing.
Hi Deb,
Iím still here. I decided I needed to bump up the results before the holidays so Iím doing an HCG round Primal style. No wheat, legumes or sugar and as organic as possible. Keeping up with my power walks and light lifting. I plan to P3 in Primal land.

Truvia is my Stevia of choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Thanks, I'm just having a little whinge...I shouldn't really complain too much, we have lovely weather here pretty much year-round but I think it was a bit of a shock to the system! Wow, Canada, now THAT is cold

Let me know if you have any luck on your stevia research

Good night
As hot as it is, how great is it to be at goal and able to wear all the wonderful summer clothes girl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Im still in Thailand, eating primal cos thats whats available. Healing up super fast from my surgery which is impressing my nurse no end. I wonder if thats diet related?

I know Ihave gained weight, but expected it...some from the implants, some from post surgical swelling. Other wise, nothing to report apart from I might move here, Thailand rocks!
Hi Lil,
You really think you might move there? Tell us what you like about it? So glad to hear things are going so well!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Yeah, I have to admit...it's pretty awesome! Thanks Terri
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Thanks, I'm just having a little whinge...I shouldn't really complain too much, we have lovely weather here pretty much year-round but I think it was a bit of a shock to the system! Wow, Canada, now THAT is cold
Let me know if you have any luck on your stevia research Good night
Yep, it gets real cold here. Absolutely beautiful too
Haven't had time to research. But I'm trying to switch to Truvia...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hi Deb,
Iím still here. I decided I needed to bump up the results before the holidays so Iím doing an HCG round Primal style. No wheat, legumes or sugar and as organic as possible. Keeping up with my power walks and light lifting. I plan to P3 in Primal land. Truvia is my Stevia of choice.
As hot as it is, how great is it to be at goal and able to wear all the wonderful summer clothes girl?
Hi Terri,
Yes, I see you doing that. I hope you do well. The HGC worries me for you gals that do it. I don't say much anymore, you know what you're doing & I'm sure you've prayed about it. I did consider doing it myself at one time, but felt led to stay away from it. Each person needs to follow where the Spirit leads, right I really do hope you do well & can stabilize & maintain on Primal.
We got invited out for dinner again... I'm battling eating so late (its at 6:30). I usually get done eating by 6 pm. But she's cooking something for me, so I really have to be a "good guest" & eat!
Hope you all have a good evening.

DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:52 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/138/140<---in maintenance
WOE: 50 g carbs/day
Start Date: June 2013
Has anyone made brownies that 'fit' in the primal plan?

I am looking for a good tasting, natural, low carb/low sugar version of brownies that I can eat during the holidays. Thanks
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi y'all!
I got my Primal blueprint book the other day. Got a chance to just sit & read through it... mostly read the summaries at the ends of the chapters. I've already learned so much from the web & you!
Things are going well. I'm trying to find more non-goiter-gen veggies to supplement my broccoli & cabbage obsession. I'm eating way too much of them for someone with hypo-thyroid. Adding iodine as they suggest, but still think its a good idea to be more moderate if possible. Any suggestions?

Hope you're all doing well.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just discovered that I'm used to the Truvia now I've been gradually adding more to my coffee & less of the other sweetener. Tonight I went straight Truvia & enjoyed the taste! Cool, hey? I thought it was just going to make me lose my desire for coffee. Wish I could find a healthy substitute for the creamer.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I just discovered that I'm used to the Truvia now I've been gradually adding more to my coffee & less of the other sweetener. Tonight I went straight Truvia & enjoyed the taste! Cool, hey? I thought it was just going to make me lose my desire for coffee. Wish I could find a healthy substitute for the creamer.
Hi Debby...glad you are doing well and now enjoying your Truvia

As far as the creamer goes I use almond milk all the time now...and this is coming from a girl who was "not giving up HWC in coffee because it is too yummy"! I really love it now and got used to the taste of it within a couple of days... you can easily make your own too Have you tried it yourself? What are you currently using in your coffee?
Old 10-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had to quit the real cream too. It was breaking me out... I'm not actually supposed to eat dairy.
I'm using the bad stuff - vanilla coffeemate. I did find they have almond creamer in the states that I liked, but we can't get it here. I should try the almond milk again I guess. If I can get used to Truvia with persistance, then the almond milk should come eventually too... then my only vice would be the coffee.
Almond milk is affordable here, whereas almonds themselves are kind of pricey. How do you make yours? Can you make it thick? & vanilla?
Old 10-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
debbie, if you have a whole foods near, they carry the almond milk coffee creamer and coconut milk coffee creamer, too. i would think trader joes may have it as well.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
debbie, if you have a whole foods near, they carry the almond milk coffee creamer and coconut milk coffee creamer, too. i would think trader joes may have it as well.
That's it! I tried that when we were traveling! Its so good!
But up here, in Northern, British Columbia we don't have those chain stores... I should ask Safeway if they can get some in...
Thanks Tashy for the recipe Looks pretty simple. I think I'll try buying/making some + vanilla... see if I can switch.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh, didn't know you were in canada. do you have store equivalents to whole foods or trader joe's? i would think there would be.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

http://www6.netrition.com/mimic_crem...te_coffee.html
lookie what netrition has.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That stuff looks great dazygyrl! We don't get that sort of stuff here unfortunately Might have to look and see if I can get it online and shipper over
Old 10-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

click on the highlighted blue words. they are links that will take you to them on the netrition site.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
click on the highlighted blue words. they are links that will take you to them on the netrition site.
Yeah I did that thanks..but is way too expensive to have stuff shipped to Australia
Old 10-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
OMG Tashy, these look sooooooooooo moist and delicious! Sorry, but my chops are salivating at the picture. I will make a batch this weekend and let you know how they come out. Thanks so much!
You're welcome Karai Let me know how they turn out!!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Im home! Im home, Im home.

Thailand was awesome. Like, seriously amazing! Its my first really non westernised country ive been too, and while I am aware they are not entirely foreign, it was enough to be very exotic to me.

The food was great. I only had 2 bad meals in all the time I was there. Given I only cooked twice, that says a lot. No, seriously I went to one place and ordered chicken curry which came with giant shimp/prawn thingys and no discernable chicken (I dont much like fish), and something on a stick from a road vendor that was suppost to be chicken, but was either raw chicken, or some other white meat. DH keeps telling me I ate dog. Or cat He's just trying to upset me Overall the best meals I ate were at road vendors, and i found 2 favourites that I went back to several times. I followed my brothers advice - find a vendor with cheap looking seats, who is always busy with locals, not tourists. He said in his expereince the ones who dont worry too much about seating, put more effort and money into the food.

We have become addicted to the coconut battered deep freid banana's, so Im working on making a low carb version. I wasnt entirely well behaved food wise - some of that was out of my control, such as in the hospital. I have to admit I watched them connect up that glucose drip and my first thought was "There goes my blood sugars" I did eat a crossiant, and some white rice a few times, but mainly just chicken, fruit and veges. I stoped eating the fruit and yogurt breakfasts after a few days because I started to get a belly ache and bloating. Guess Im just not used to that quantity of fruit anymore. I ended up horribly constipated so bought one of the Thai over the counter laxitives. My recommendeation....dont. Just be constipated. It wont last forever

Anyway, I loved it. Even the life sapping heat. Still, I am happy to be home. I slept 12 hours last night after being awake for 30 hours. Beetlebaby slept 14! Now I just have to unpack and clean up. And wash dishes since my dishwasher died while I was away, nice.

Im going to meat and egg it for a few days to help reduce my post op swelling. I have no idea what I weigh at the moment, but even that needs a calculation on it because of the weight of the implants.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/140.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Welcome back Lil!!!
We missed you. How did the surgery go? Are you happy with the results?
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

back Lil! sounds like a successful trip. All trips have bumps in the road, but it sounds like you're doing good at getting back to normal.
Hope the M & E doesn't cause constipation again. That tends to be a problem for me traveling & low-carbing. But at least at home you have access to the things you need.

Primal is going well. Finally 'legal' on the creamer & sweetener... which is also helping me to drink weaker & less coffee...
Old 10-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

I never get constipated with M&E. I assume because I get lots of fat and water, both of which keep things moving. Dehydration is really my number one stoppage maker, but that Thai laxitive.....holy cow! I believe it removed everything in my digestive system, including some of my intestines by turning them into water.

Just not water you'd ever want to do anything with
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Ive been doing a bunch of research and it appears the best way to make wheat free deep fried banana's is to use long grain rice flour. i didnt even know there was a difference lol.

However information on the paleo/primal websites about using it is....conflicting. I know I dont do strict primal, but I dont want to wander off completly either

Anyone have some thoughts on it? I would really love to try making some.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Ive been doing a bunch of research and it appears the best way to make wheat free deep fried banana's is to use long grain rice flour. i didnt even know there was a difference lol.

However information on the paleo/primal websites about using it is....conflicting. I know I dont do strict primal, but I dont want to wander off completly either

Anyone have some thoughts on it? I would really love to try making some.
Hi Lil, welcome back

I usually use a combo of almond meal and coconut flour for anything that I am trying to 'crumb' or fry and it works out quite nicely. But I suppose you would need something with more of a batter consistency to make the bananas. I personally haven't tried rice flour but have been considering making some myself to try it out. I usually avoid most grains myself but occasionally indulge in some rice from time to time. I'd be interested in knowing your results if you do try it. I do have some gluten free flour that is a mix of maize/tapioca/rice flours that I use occasionally, so I wonder if that would work too?? Do they say to use cold mineral water for extra lightness in the batter?

Get on that experimenting girl... enquiring minds want to know!!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

the most informative page said to make abosolutly traditional batter, you need to use ground limestone for leavening. I think Im going to settle for baking soda since limestone is not widely avaiable here

It also said short grain rice flour wouldnt stick to the banana slices because it its a clumper. I am off to the supermarket shortly and i'll have a look at the specialty flours. Problem is I live in a tiny wee town and variety selection is limited.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm loving the Primal/Paleo way of eating...

Hope you all are doing well too!
Old 10-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm loving the Primal/Paleo way of eating...

Hope you all are doing well too!
Hey Deb, me too I really don't find it a chore at all and it's super easy to maintain... this is the most stable my weight has been (where I'm happy with it) for a long time

I'm going to cycle a few days M&E to see if I can get rid of maybe 2 more pounds, but they would be an added bonus, not essential
Old 10-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's great! But M & E is also primal, right? I'm doing the same thing... dropping 2 lbs. with just lowering the carbs for now.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's great! But M & E is also primal, right? I'm doing the same thing... dropping 2 lbs. with just lowering the carbs for now.
Yep, M&E can definitely be considered Primal...could also be Paleo if one removes the dairy Keep us up to date with your progress with the 2lb drop
Old 10-23-2013, 12:30 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, my wt. drops slowly (thyroid). But I'm maintaining a lb or 2 loss already, from where it was staying between 128-130 its staying down around 126.5-128.5 now. Jeans are fitting & looking better. But I'm still not getting my calories up... today I purposely threw CO in my meals (besides what was already in them from saute'ing). Will see how that goes.
I'm glad the M & E works for y'all...
Old 10-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stopping in to say 'hi'!
Hope you all have a very successful, blessed day!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Stopping in to say 'hi'!
Hope you all have a very successful, blessed day!
Hey Deb! Hoping you are well. I might post a yummy recipe a bit later

Have a great day....