Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
I haven't gotten back to it since I left for vacation. The weather has changed and it is cool here now. This has, together, snuffed out my motivation to continue.
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Green
Stats: no scale unless doing PHD
WOE: HDE, Potatoes as needed
Start Date: May 2014
I've started up with this again.
10 minute baths in 55 degree water. Mostly from the waist down as these are my "problem" areas.
Purple nail beds are to be expected, right? I don't have any special socks or gloves.
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I was gonna jump in here too and ask about successes seen long term. I'm dropping pounds and inches, don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled but it seems like the trouble spots (tummy & saddle bags) just won't budge. I haven't lost inches in those areas in 7 months, despite toning, ab exercises and an additional 15# fat loss (I do body fat testing so I know its fat loss). Its like I'm shrinking from the outside in.
I'd love to do the laser lipo to target those specific areas but I can't afford it at $300 a pop for 6-8 sessions to lose 1-2". I'm wondering if ice targeted to those areas specifically would help? I have lots of ice, and I'm not against baths (I also distance run and so I do ice baths after long runs routinely).
Thoughts from those who've done it?

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:28 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

I'm not sure about the others' longterm success. Definitely too early to tell for me. I'll work on problem spots with you though! I need to target my legs, so I'll be doing cold baths (around 55 degrees) from the waist down a few times a week. I may also put ice packs on my knees and inner thighs. Let's do it for a month and see what happens! You're doing juddd? Are you low carb on up days? I've read that it really helps to be in ketosis with cold therapy, fwiw.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Hi Green!
A cold buddy! Unfortunately I'm leaving for a weekend away tomorrow so I won't be able to start up until Monday. Unless I can get some ice in the hotel
I am dong JUDDD but I'm not low carb. Part of the reason I baled on Atkins was I could not handle the low carb for as long as it was going to take to get the weight off Plus I knew I could not maintain it as I've tried and failed in the past.
But starting Monday, I'm super game!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Awesome! Monday it begins!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:04 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've decided to try something else. I am going to work standing up all day. I've cranked up my monitors as high as they will go, and I've put my keyboard and mouse on boxes. I got the idea from Chris Kresser.

On my feet. I'll start a new thread when I have time to post what he said about it.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK, I am motivated again. I think Jack Kruse method was too much for me. I'm going to ease into this more along the lines of what Ray Cronise recommends.

He just put out a paper, the "Metabolic Winter" Hypothesis: A Cause of the Current Epidemics of Obesity and Cariometabolic Disease. Also, I just listened to a podcast where he was a guest on Endurance Planet, and I am going to start reading his blog. He doesn't put out many articles, which makes it a little hard to stay motivated.

I'm starting a fast today and see where it takes me. I'm still drinking coffee, however!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...el-method.html
Old 06-25-2014, 11:04 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
I've decided to try something else. I am going to work standing up all day. I've cranked up my monitors as high as they will go, and I've put my keyboard and mouse on boxes. I got the idea from Chris Kresser.

On my feet. I'll start a new thread when I have time to post what he said about it.
This ended up in a mess for me. I didn't realize that my heavy arms hanging from my shoulders all days would create so much pain. Apparently, I dont' stand up straight. I'll start this again but in small bursts and work on posture. I don't think we were meant to sit all day, but we were not meant to stand all day in on position frozen, either!!!!!