Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #451
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/119/115-120
WOE: BTD/JUDDD/HDE
ouizoid- are doing JUDDD with SLD, or I am dreaming?
If you do can please tell me when you take your oil. I want to combine JUDDD with SLD, for it's health benefits but I am just not sure how to work this. AS might be too strong to get all the UD calories. Do you take any oil on UD? I was thinking of taking 2 Tbls in the evening of UD and 1 or zero during the day on DD. I am curious how you do it and how many calories you eat.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2013, 11:43 PM   #452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Marika - hang in there, I am sorry you are having a flare up!

I have noticed that the JUDDD seems to be where people go to lose more weight when stuck. Be sure to check out the down day hack thread. If you are going to eat only a few hundred calories in a day, potatoes are the most satiating food there is. I have been considering this myself.

All - I have noticed something significant, and I hope I don't sound like some crazy food combiner, but this if this helps anyone else...

I've noticed my appetite is much smaller if I eat a potato or sweet potato (or two) all by themselves. Oil shots by themselves, naturally. Then a seafood and veg dinner.

Typically, then:

MCT oil first thing in the morning

Lunch: potato or sweet potato (sometimes one of each)

MCT oil again

Dinner: seafood and veg and maybe a small smoothie - blueberry and frozen spinach with just a little keifer, or instead of smoothie, diluted keifer

This seems to be a great formula

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...el-method.html
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:56 AM   #453
Blabbermouth!!!

KT- awesome that potato thing is working great for you.

Unfortunately I can't eat potatoes as they aggravate my colitis

I had the lowest calorie day yesterday since starting SLD (300). I did the clipped burger in the morning (150 cal) and was so full all day. I only drank broth for the rest of the day. Maybe I was not hungry because the day before I had a hungry day and ate about 1900 cal.
Doing the clipped burger today as well. Will keep you posted
Old 08-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting! You are really managing your set point down!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #455
Blabbermouth!!!

I have been doing NC plain burger (season with salt only) for the past 2 days and it was working very well for my AS.
This morning I tried NC salmon with little mayo on oopsie roll and it was a no no. I brushed my teeth with baking soda and waited 10 min before I removed the nose clip. Salmon left slight fish taste in my mouth, so I guess this did not work. I also got hungry 3 hrs after breakfast. The hunger could also indicate my set point getting adjusted, so I am not sure. Maybe if I kept the clip on little longer it would have worked, but it is so uncomfortable. I think strong flavors are difficult. I will stick with plain meat. I also think soft boiled eggs with no season should work well.
I just had my plain burger for lunch (because of failed morning experiment) and I am keeping the nose clip for at least 15 min. Oh, the ghee was so much easier.

How is everyone doing?

KT- I saw your post on SLD forum. It is too bad that the there is no action at that forum. Thankfully there is so much valuable info there to read from few years back.

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 08-30-2013 at 09:57 AM..
Old 08-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I think it is mostly good for the archive at this point.

Hmm, yes, I do wonder how well nose clipping can work with some foods.

I hosted a mother-daughter dinner last night, and tomorrow is an amusement park for the girls from the dinner, and one of the moms from the dinner decided to hold a party next Saturday to. I guess vacation is starting early for me. I think I will end up seeing what the damages are when we get back and start from there.

I am not going crazy at all; I just am not expecting weight loss. Sigh.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:32 AM   #457
Blabbermouth!!!

After 1 month on SLD I am down 10.8 lbs and 3.3% BF. I could not be more happy. I am most grateful for SLD helping with my hormonal binge eating
Old 08-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #458
Blabbermouth!!!

AS is still staying strong today.

I have been thinking if it is healthy to calorie restrict everyday. I need to do so some more research. I remember reading if you eat low calories everyday your metabolism will slow down. So far this is not the case with me. Should I continue with what I have been doing or cut down on unflavored calories to eat more food. Past 3 days I have been getting only to around 700 cal. That's all my body needs and I am feeling fine on lower calories. I obviously love the weight loss and frankly I was not expect to be losing so well. I know I may come to a stall any day. I make sure to get all my proteins everyday because I know it is important.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:35 AM   #459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think it is a good idea to eat up a couple of times per week, even if it slows things down. I am worried about being stuck in low calorie mode.

On another note, I like this explanation I found - someone summarizing:

In short, what you are looking for is something that has calories without flavor. Seth Roberts argues that there are two things going on with hunger, overeating and weight:

1) Flavor makes your mouth and nose send a signal to your brain to eat more.

2) Calories cause your stomach to send a message to your brain that you don't need to eat more.

You need to make sure the first signal doesn't get sent, and that the second one does get sent.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #460
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
Just an update to say I don't think it works for me. I was taking 2 tbs of EVOO twice a day and stuck with the two hour window of no taste and was able to take the oil with no taste at all. I was gradually gaining and then I blew it! I binged. I am so disappointed in myself and even more disappointed that the oil didn't appear to affect my binging or appetite.

I am not doing it at the moment, just trying to lose what I gained. I am going back to London for a few days and will try to give it another go when I return. I am hoping that I just didn't give it long enough.
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh I am so sorry it didn't work out!

I'm not sure it is going to work for my daughter. I bought her the MCT oil capsules. She says she isn't noticing any AS

I went to a fair today bit was not moved to buy any fair food at all. I took a few free small samples is all.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #462
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Key Tones. I just realised I said 2 tbs twice a day but it is 1 tbs twice a day for two in total. I thought if it doesn't work for some sadly I would be one. The potato hack didn't work for me ether and I put on weight. Hope it starts working for your daughter.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #463
Blabbermouth!!!

WJS- I am sorry to hear that SLD did not work. I am not an expert on SLD but I read that EVOO is the least effective oil of all. Maybe this combined with the fact that you came off jucie fast (If I am remembering it correctly?) was not a right time for you. Some people don't get an instant AS, that could be another fact. I am sorry this did not work for you
Old 09-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #464
Blabbermouth!!!

I took a break from SLD yesterday and today because my appetite is messed due to colitis. Today I am feeling like my appetite is coming back. I can feel the AS wearing off. I don't want to get below 1200 cal day and if I do NC or oil now I know I will not be able to get there. I will do SLD part-time as needed. May have to do it more consistently during PMS because that's when I needed it the most. I am so grateful for SLD. I am definitely going to use it as needed.

KT- I am sorry to hear that this is not working for your daugther.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #465
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Marika. I am going to try it again when I return but perhaps take your advice and take something else other than EVOO. I did buy some walnut oil so will give that a try. Good news that it continues to work for you.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
I am so glad that this works for many of you. Just wanted to post about my personal trial run. I have to admit to not reading the book. I just tried the MCT oil twice per day during the two hour window. While I did notice a seemingly decreased appetite, I felt an incredible urge to binge after a few days. The thought of eating food without tasting it just sends me over the edge. After quitting this and going back to drinking by BPC with some actual flavor I feel much better.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #467
Blabbermouth!!!

I am so sorry to hear that, Cfine. I guess like with everything else- what works for some does not not for others
Old 09-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cfine, I am so sorry to hear this didn't work! It seems that if his theory is accurate it would work for everyone, but I have read that it does not and some people start gaining with it.

I went through a crazy adjustment period where I was dying to taste food (not eat, just taste - as in I tasted some bad food I took home from work and spit it out - the only time I have EVER done anything weird like that), but it passed.

I have read that some people will use diet sodas between meals to satisfy taste but I want to get away from artificial sweeteners.

I have decided no coffee isn't helping me, so I am having some today. I am super tired after the long weekend. I am using stevia, not artificial sweeteners anyway.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I find it doesn't work as well for me if I don't follow Stephan Guyenet's recommendations at the same time. It is hard to consistently eat bland food, but it works.

I am heading for Disneyland shortly. I will check for damages and hit it hard when I get back.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #470
Blabbermouth!!!

Have fun KT !!!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #471
Blabbermouth!!!

I think I should consider myself lucky, as SLD is working so well for me. Like I said I am not doing it right as my eating is in control, but once I get the hormonal munchies I will go back to it, or I may go back to it in few days and only do it every couple of days. I know I have the back-up if I need it.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 09-04-2013 at 10:36 AM..
Old 09-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marika, thanks!!!

I'm not gone yet, just busy getting ready to go.

I feel super lucky that I have found this.

I was experimenting last night with cheese vs. unsalted butter. I ate a little Kerrygold cheese and my appetite ramped up. I could have eaten the whole package, but I put it away. I got out the unsalted kerrygold butter, ate a tablespoon. Nothing. Ambivalent. I ate another tablespoon and put it away, feeling nothing, and this killed the feeling to need to eat.

It is amazing how bland it what I need. I had no idea how much this was playing on my brain and my body. I am incredibly suseptible.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #473
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rms123
Stats: 240/168/130ish
WOE: Primal JUDDD
Thanks for posting your results. I don't know if I want to go this way, but know it has worked in the past (unintentionally did plain food). Sometimes, as much as I love JUDDD, it doesn't work with my life.
rms123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #474
Blabbermouth!!!

I stopped SLD 10 day ago and today my appetite came back. I am not surprised by that. I was curious to see how long it takes for the appetite to come back. Maybe the longer you stayed on SLD, the lingering of oil will be longer. Going back to SLD tomorrow, starting with NC plain burgers. I am curious to see if only NC food will work well alone without the oil. When I stopped SLD I first did few days of NC food and the AS was strong, but this could also been the effect of the oil still being in the system.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #475
Blabbermouth!!!

rms123
Old 09-09-2013, 05:28 AM   #476
Blabbermouth!!!

For the past few days I have been NC (nose clipping) about 200 cal a day plain lamb burger and I am getting good AS. Not as strong as ghee but very very decent. Plain eggs also seem to work well for me.

How is the rest of the crew?
Old 09-13-2013, 01:20 AM   #477
Blabbermouth!!!

Anyone else on SLD train with me?
KT-are you still here, or vacationing in Disney?

So here is a progress report... Nose clipped food stopped working for me during PMS. My old pattern of hormonal over indulgence re-surfaced 2 days ago I tried flaxseed oil for 2 days and could detect slight bitterness after removing nose clip and it had no AS whatsoever. Going back to true and tried NC ghee and hope it will do its magic like it did before. Ugh, I wish I never stopped the ghee, but I was getting too sick with colitis and was suspecting ghee as a culprit. It turned out stopping ghee did not make any difference. I was also getting too much AS with 2 tbls of ghee a day. So maybe I don't need to do 2 tbls all month long. Need it only during PMS.
Will update after few days, if anyone is even interested
Old 09-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #478
Junior LCF Member

I'm interested - please keep posting!

I'm about to start the oil (later today or tomorrow), as I'm finally back from all of my travels. I have some MCT oil to try. I love the taste of ghee, so that doesn't work for me (although I haven't tried it with NCs...).
Old 09-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #479
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi RMS! Good luck with MCT oil. Keep us posted how it goes, please.

So I took 1 tbls of ghee last night and this morning have zero appetite. Again, it could also mean that I ate more than I should yesterday. I had some fresh veggie juice in the morning and 1 tbl of ghee 1.5 hr later. I see how the day progresses.

NC ghee has zero flavor for me but I could not take without the NC for sure. I also love the flavor of ghee
I mix it in a glass of warm water so that ghee melts and than follow with more plain water. I do have to rinse my mouth very well. I don't detect any flavor when I remove the NC, and that's the key. With flaxseed oil the flavor was still in my mouth.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #480
Junior LCF Member

Interesting. I never thought to mix ghee in water. My DH will think I'm crazy if I get some NCs

Not sure if I'm getting AS with the MCT. However, I took it in the am before I had eaten, and it RAN right through me. I'm going to try it again about an hour after I eat breakfast and see if that helps, both in terms of AS and the bathroom issues.

Marika - what does "BTD" mean in your WOE?