Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
ouizoid- I am also supertaster and was afraid that I would taste the oil. Ghee works great with the nose clipped.

This is strange, yesterday I barely ate 800 cal (including ghee) and today I can eat a lot. I am not craving any junk like I normally do this time of the month. For some reason I want to eat lots of veggies. I think it is my hormones that are to blame. Darn TOM, where are you ?
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
people who do SLD start noticing exactly what you are all noticing: they crave veggies and simple healthy preparations. Lots of stuff starts tasting tooo intense--sweets are too sweet--it is almost as if our brains get reset to want what is good for us. so interesting
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
I am down .2 pounds today for a total of 13.2 pounds in 24 days!
This is a long tedious road I'm telling you. But on the other hand I do like the idea of fasting from good tasting food. This is a quote sort of out of the blue from Guyanet that is not any philosophy that he mentions anywhere in his writings but just an off hand remark. ""Hundreds of thousands of kids could die in an East Africa famine." It made me think long and hard about my preoccupation with trying to eat stuff that tastes really good instead of just trying to eat simple healthy food.

Yesteday was a coffee with cream and eggs all day. I did take a tbl of coconut oil with warm water in a shot glass yesterday. I have been taking this second tbl in my tea or coffee but thought I would try it by itself to see how the appetite suppression will work on me. Of course when you are looking forward to bland food you don't need alot of AS. lol

Today looks like tuna, maybe some lettuce and coffee with cream for me.

Have a good day!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:03 AM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AS kicked again for dinner last night. Strange things are happening. I think once TOM arrive I will have clearer view how this SLD works because there are days when AS is not as strong as others. The scale moved down again this morning and I could not be happier. Losing weight during PMS never happens to me. I usually binge for days, put on few lb of fat and work on losing it and end up repeating the same cycle of binging and losing.

8/1 138.8 BF 24.3
8/2 137.4 BF 23.8
8/3 135.0 BF 23.2
8/4 133.8 BF 23.0
8/5 133.6 BF 22.9
8/6 134.4 BF 22.9 water weight? (today had about 2000 cal -PMS)
8/7 133.8 BF 22.8
8/8 132.4 BF 22.3
8/9 132.8 BF 22.4 (higher calories day ~1700)
8/10 132.2 BF 22.2
8/11 132.2 BF 22.2 (higher calories ~ 1600)
8/12 131.4 BF 22.0

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
Old 08-12-2013, 04:05 AM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
I am down .2 pounds today for a total of 13.2 pounds in 24 days!
That's awesome, Abigale
Old 08-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/231/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Awesome results Abigale and Marika!

I'm up about 2 1/2 pounds, but it was a blow out weekend with too much partying. I'm pretty happy, still!

Abigale - yes, so many in the world have to worry about where their next meal is coming from. Ours is a nice problem to have.
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yikes, I almost forgot about the no snacking rule! I am tired today and pulled out a square of dark chocolate for the second time today. This is supposed to really mess things up, so I grabbed my sweet potato to make this second snack a meal. Snacking and letting yourself get tired are two huge no-nos.

Weekend recovery continues!

You know, I have told my real life friends about what I am doing. I gather that people are seriously not willing to eat bland foods but are open to trying the oil shots. I guess they like the idea of a "trick" and not changing what their eating habits. The bland is such an effective part of the formula, it is just too bad!

RE: the paleo diet part of the formula - it seems to me giving up vegetable oils is not that hard. What an easy thing to do, and probably the biggest harm to health that they are doing. People are skeptical and believe all the garbage they have heard under conventional wisdom about healthy oils! I can only get anywhere when suggesting olive oil, but you know they are still going to be gobbling down tons of soybean oil and who knows what with their prepared salad dressings and mayonaise...and the newly-labelled "no trans fat" margarine. Ugh.

A girl I went to high school with, the younger sister of a friend of mine, just found out she has stage 4 colon cancer. She just had some pain in her side that wasn't going away, goes to the doc and blam, there it is. It just makes me crazy. I'm sure the flour, sugar, nasty industrial seed oil killed her. I am 48 1/2 and entering that age where people going down with chronic diseases starts accelerating.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...el-method.html
Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Marking a spot to read all of these pages, Im a tad lost just jumping around lol
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Sterlinggirl!
Old 08-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have you guys heard of Jack Kruse? I listened to some podcasts Jimmy Moore put out. I must say, he is terribly exciting. I now think I should be front-loading my food to breakfast instead of eating in the evening.

Check out this post by Jack Kruse. It has to be googled (can't post a link).

The Leptin Rx: FAQs
Also the Leptin 101 post

He is terribly exciting to listen to. If you are looking for something to shake things up! He is low carb friendly.

Check out the podcasts on Jimmy Moore's site. Or, just go to Jack Kruse site. He links the podcasts.

I'm pretty sure I heard Kruse make fun of Guyenet though...something about sitting around reading rat studies vs. actual clinical experience.

I'm going to stack all the seemingly valid leptin resistance recommendations I can find and see what happens.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have incredible appetite suppression today. Best day ever. Here is what I did:

Last night: 2 tablespoons of unsalted Kerry gold butter before bed. Yep, nose-clipped. About an hour prior to this I had one brazil nut with liver capsules, a multi vitamin, 2 jerusalum artichoke capsules (for the inulin), vitamin d3.

This morning: 2 tablespoons of MCT oil upon waking
one hour later: brushed teeth (to avoid the flavor window)

Upon arriving at work around 8:00 a.m. one row of the thin Chocolate Lover's Bar 85% from Trader Joes (only $1.49 and they put two bars in there)

10:00 late morning: accidentally ate more of the chocolate as a snack, so ate a large sweet potato to make this my meal. I ate it plain with nothing else.

Sometime around mid-day, felt tired again. Grabbed one bag of awake tea (I think it is a breakfast tea at work) and grabbed a bag of chai tea to cover the icky tea taste (I used to need sweetener but am refraining). Wow, I came back to life. Decided to go for a long walk at lunch!

Came back, feeling warm and energetic. Wow. I was not cold at all all day. Had more awake plus chai tea early afternoon. Refilled the mug with hot water a few times, leaving the tea bags in.

Nothing since. It is almost 7:00 p.m.. No hunger. Seriously. I'm not sure I can eat any dinner. I'll see what happens when I cook dinner for my daughter. There were cupcakes outside my office the entire day. They did not speak to me, not even a tiny bit, not even when people were grabbing them. Weird!!!!!!!!

I'm going to do this again tonight - I'll have the Kerrygold before bed. I've done this a few times, and it seems to set off a really great day the next day. I don't know why, but I'm not going to question it.

I'm getting up extra early tomorrow to cook my daughter a large salmon omelet for breakfast. I'll have a smaller one. She is still lethargic and tired all the time. She does report a smaller appetite, but I am going to try the large breakfast per Jack Kruse and see if she comes to life. I'll cook it in a little Kerrygold Butter and have her continue with the MCT oil doses as usual.

Last edited by Key Tones; 08-12-2013 at 07:04 PM..
Old 08-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just cooked dinner for my daughter. Salmon and sweet potato. It did not move me at all. I don't want a single bite.

Maybe I ate my way above my fat set point on the weekend.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

KT, I used to read alot of Jack Kruse when he first came on the scene. I think he is brilliant and has a great personal story. I have no doubt that his protocol of a big protein breakfast can start to reset leptin levels. I think he says when he is in a rush he just grabs a big bag of cooked bacon to take to work with him. I never tried his suggestions because I just did not want to force myself to eat that much 30 minutes after waking. Sure hope it gives your daughter a big boost of energy!

I am down .2 today so am close to beginning to lose the weight that I was working on a year ago. lol My cupboard is bare so I cooked up 3 eggs kind of like an omlet with a little chopped up raw brocolli in it for lunch. Also have a small bag of lettuce to eat with it. It is free lunch day at work so the rest will have cold cuts and buns to make their own sandwich. That won't bother me at all.

Have a great Tuesday all!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:28 AM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kimberly

Yesterday I had great AS. I was only hungry for lunch after small breakfas. I had 2 shots of CO (I switched to CO for a change), one at 3 PM and one at 6 PM and was not hungry for dinner, so I skipped it.

KT- on appetite suppresion

I have tried LR and the BAB with about 50 gr of protein did not fix my binging problem. I could eat 50 gr at breakfast and be stuffed and 1 hr later I would crave carbs again. There are many people who do great on LR. You can read about on his message board. I do use his principles of no snacking and not eating 3 hrs before bad. I always did this anyway.

Abigale- you are doing great!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Hello girls! So, I have been negligent this week. If I had only kept up the oil shots. Oh well, I am back today. I have been drinking my adrenal cocktail already and will have my shots 3x today.

Kimberly! What a nice surprise!

Abigail, 13 lbs in less than a month! I have to say that is beyond anything I would have imagined. You are a superstar!

KT, I tried the LR about a year ago and the thing I notice is that I do better when I fast. It is strange, because I notice a difference in my losses and I am not sure that I am typical, I can't break my fast for at least 14 hours.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
I too am one who needs to wait as long as possible before I start eating, or else I am hungry all day. I really had high hopes for the LR, but it didn't do the trick for me. I suspect it works better with some men.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ouiz, I think it is fantastic that you were one of the first SLDers!

I wanted to come back here and tell my oily friends about the new PrimalFat Coconut Ghee by Indian Foods. It is a mix of EVCO and grassfed ghee. I read about it first on the PHD group and how everyone was loving cooking with it. The taste is exactly like ghee with a slight hint of coconut. This would def need to be taken with nose clipped because it is very tasty.

From their site...

Quote:
A 50/50 blend of Organic Grass-fed Ghee and Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. This is truly a delicious, powerfully nutritious natural cooking and baking blend that we think you’ll love. Coconut oil has a low smoke point, limiting its uses in cooking. Blending with ghee naturally increases the smoke point, making our Coconut Ghee ideal for higher-heat cooking. Ideal for baking, sauteing, stir-frying, and more. It adds delicate, exquisite flavor to all of your favorite foods and recipes without an overpowering coconut flavor. Best fat/oil for all of your cooking!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting! Thank you for your input! You guys are miles ahead of me! Yes, I do believe there is a big difference between men and women, no doubt.

My daugther and I got up at 5:30 a.m., and I made the salmon omelets. Oh my gosh, I think I was able to eat about 2 1/2 eggs worth; the last two bites were...revolting!

My daughter could not finish hers. She ate maybe half and tossed it back into the refrigerator.

OK, so here I am, I just arrived at work, and two hours later, and I am feeling hungry. I'm not sure if it is the lack of carbs or no MCT oil, barely eating yesterday, or what. I forgot the dark chocolate this morning, so I just had some and I'll have my MCT oil an hour after I get this flavor out of my mouth.

I am going to read Jack Kruse's website and book. I heard something in another webcast I had not heard before - he says the reason for not eating 4-5 hours before bed is because your window where the leptin is doing its thing on the hypothalmus in the brain is at midnight. So interesting!

I just broke the no snacking rule, but this is how yesterday started out, so, I will do my best here. I think I will have the sweet potato again to make it not a snack and see if I can skip lunch.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Ouiz, I think it is fantastic that you were one of the first SLDers!

I wanted to come back here and tell my oily friends about the new PrimalFat Coconut Ghee by Indian Foods. It is a mix of EVCO and grassfed ghee. I read about it first on the PHD group and how everyone was loving cooking with it. The taste is exactly like ghee with a slight hint of coconut. This would def need to be taken with nose clipped because it is very tasty.

From their site...
Interesting, Sunday, thank you!

I was just thinking of buying this company's grass-fed ghee. (I am still worried about coconut sensitivity; MCT oil seems to be refined enough for me to be OK). Is there a place to buy their stuff at a reasonable price? I think I saw it for something like $12!
Old 08-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back, Sunday! I was wondering where have you disappeared

Thanks for the info on coconut ghee. It is good to know there is such product. I make grass fed ghee and have CO but never thought of mixing it up.

I have been having TMI issues so I switched from ghee to CO yesterday and today but it has zero effect. I am sure MCT oil would clean me up. I don't want to take it as I read MCT is not only derived from CO but it could be derived from palm oil (which I can't have).

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmm, I only managed to eat 1/2 the sweet potato. Gals, I am not the type to leave food on the plate. I can only assume that appetite suppression from the MCT oil is extending into today even though I haven't had any yet!

Also, the butter before bed made me restless, I think. I will have to back it up. It is nice to feel warm, especially in the lower legs! It is a very happy feeling! I was having serious issues with being cold and fatigued on the potato hack and my McDougall stint.

I forgot the weight update - 193 this morning. So, now I am a pound up after the weekend parties. I have more coming up too (sigh). Wed. and Thurs. unfortunately. I hope I have no appetite for it.

I wanted to comment, too, on cold therapy. Apparently, Jack Kruse is using this on his patients, I gather, for pain control after surgery. Interesting! I am interested because when I get this final weight off, I am going to need skin removal surgery. I know from following Amber/Bejewelme that there is some serious pain involved in the body lift. She said the arms weren't bad.

I have read Ray Cronise and Ferris but have not acted on cold therapy for weight loss...yet.

Last edited by Key Tones; 08-13-2013 at 08:42 AM..
Old 08-13-2013, 08:46 AM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
Hmm, I only managed to eat 1/2 the sweet potato. Gals, I am not the type to leave food on the plate. I can only assume that appetite suppression from the MCT oil is extending into today even though I haven't had any yet!
I can't believe it myself either. I never used to leave food on the plate. My normal breakfast was 2-3 scrambelled eggs with 4 oz lamb burger. Today I only had 2 oz lamb burger and was satisfied. My portions are half or less what they used to be.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #353
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
I am bookmarking thanks to Tobelowcarber (Marika) Will to read from the beginning when I have a little more time.
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome WJS!

Old 08-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I survived a popcorn bomb at work. Sat for an hour with people munching freshly microwaved popcorn all around me. It was fine. I didn't think about it.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've started a thread on cold therapy. It could be a lonely one, I know...

Cold Therapy for Weight Loss
Old 08-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

I had one of my twice a week regular meals yesterday. No big jump like I had after the restaurant steak meal a week ago. Just up .4 pounds. Back to no reward foods again today. I guess lunch will be an omlet with raw broccoli chopped up in it as cupboard is still bare. Will go to the store after work tonight and stock up.

KT, good luck with the cold therapy thread!

Have a great day all!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:47 AM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was very hungry for dinner last night but ate all good stuff.

Welcome WJS!

KT- good luck with your CT
Old 08-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just dropping in to say, YES, this does work for me! Down 2 of the 3 lbs, I gained.
I decided that I must carry the MCT oil with me at all times, because I forget or become too busy. Even though I have been on my feet at unbelievable record time periods and working like crazy, I gained weight when I quit the MCT. Or it could be because I am not eating enough and the wrong type of food right now? Either way, I am determined not to quit this oil until I get the hang of "SLD".

Welcome to WJS!

And Marika, I am impressed that you make ghee. I love the way it tastes and am finding that this new PrimalFat makes my morning coffee yummers.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great Sunday!

I was reading about bulletproof coffee. I think you use a magic bullet and blend butter and MCT oil into coffee. I don't have one of those magic bullets. I am still off the coffee anyway.

I was ready for breakfast today. I suppose that is because I had one yesterday. I think the breakfast thing works with the circadian rhythm reset Kruse is going for. No lights on at night, no reading electronic devices in the dark, etc.

I think my cold therapy thread is going to end up being a journal. That is OK. I am excited about doing something new and different.