Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I'm not sure I believe much of anything Matt Stone says. And he isn't a great advertisement for his theories, although I appreciate his antithetical thinking. At least it makes one consider different approaches.

I do agree that we need not to become eating disordered. If anything, on the web I like the No S approach to eating best if you know that website. I think IF is built on the same principle: eating less frequently allows for the clearing of glucose which is critical for our metabolism/insulin functioning.

I think most traditional societies eat the same things fairly often and that the majority of their food is fairly bland and that they eat at mealtimes and not in between. I tend to believe that traditional societies eat a lot of resistant starch (beans, potatoes, etc) which changes the biota in the lower gut. I really wouldn't get carried away with altering your food too much.

One thing many people on Shangri La noticed is that 2-3 Tbs of oil at one time can be superior to several single tablespoons, so if you are going to experiment, that would be my recommendation. Morex and his gf used 2 Tbs x 2 per day. Just a thought.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #302
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
KT- I am glad the oil is starting to work for your daughter.
to you and your daughter
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #303
Blabbermouth!!!

I am still experiencing great AS. The hunger is there before meals but as soon as I take the first bite I could stop right there if I wanted to. I am eating because I know I have to get my calories in. I don't want to go below 1000.

It is funny when Morex shows pics of his meals. My breakfast this morning looked so tiny too

I don't think I even need to try the bland food route. The oil (ghee) is working great.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/238/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Thank you all for your love and support! I worry about my daughter all the time. I am so hoping this is her answer. At least the oil trick is something she could do easily in college when she goes back to the dorm, you know?

Nothing his happening on the scale. You could calibrate a scale to my morning weight; it doesn't budge. This is typical-typical for me!

Cici--I hear you on the ED. I know I am doing something really strange and it is not right. I wanted to talk about it instead of hiding it to help me figure out what to do. This started after the ice cream party. I think it set it off. This office is so full of junk food everyday. There is always candy all over the office and bad food nearly every day to boot. It usually doesn't speak to me but the last two days have been hard.

I think too that giving up coffee and sweetener at the same time is making me crazy. I hadn't thought about it, but that is the one thing I have done in excess no matter what. Lots of diet coke or lots of coffee with a lot of sweetener (various types, lately stevia). I have done this for 30 years and I am finally off of it, so I am reluctant to start it back up.

I will try just playing with the oil to see if it helps. I brought my MCT oil to work. Maybe this will make a difference.

RE: Matt Stone - all I can say is whenever I hit a brick wall or think I have made some new discovery, I find out he has already written about it. It is useful to have it validated and read his experience.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...el-method.html
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
I'm not sure I believe much of anything Matt Stone says. And he isn't a great advertisement for his theories, although I appreciate his antithetical thinking. At least it makes one consider different approaches.

I do agree that we need not to become eating disordered. If anything, on the web I like the No S approach to eating best if you know that website. I think IF is built on the same principle: eating less frequently allows for the clearing of glucose which is critical for our metabolism/insulin functioning.

I think most traditional societies eat the same things fairly often and that the majority of their food is fairly bland and that they eat at mealtimes and not in between. I tend to believe that traditional societies eat a lot of resistant starch (beans, potatoes, etc) which changes the biota in the lower gut. I really wouldn't get carried away with altering your food too much.

One thing many people on Shangri La noticed is that 2-3 Tbs of oil at one time can be superior to several single tablespoons, so if you are going to experiment, that would be my recommendation. Morex and his gf used 2 Tbs x 2 per day. Just a thought.
Tried swtching from 3T spead out to 3T one hour befo lunch. It had a laxative effect that has lasted all afternoon despite two immodium. Glad I wasn't worki.g today. Careful, ladies.

When I went to the health food store they had a pot of tea. Very tasty so I bought some. Now I find oit that it is quite powerful. It is called yerba mate. I thoight that was the brand. Turns oit it is from some tree im S.A. and qiite the rage to replace coffee and has some appetite supressant properties of its own.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!

I had great AS at breakfast but was revenous at lunch and dinner. I made all the good food choices though. I had the same experience last Tusday and actually had a lost on Wendsday, so I am not too concerned. The best part is I have no desire to eat off my LC plan which I think is amazing during PMS. I love SLD!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cici- yikes! I agree MCT needs to be handled with care

M - I hope you do get the same result this time!

Today is going really well. I had a dose of 1.5 tablespoons of the MCT oil this morning. Also had two capsules of green tea extract and a bit of dark chocolate this morning. Oddly, I forgot completely about food until past lunch. Skipped lunch and took another dose of MCT oil (same amount). I brought dark chocolate with me to address the cravings and it seemed to do the trick. Just had a little now.

Maybe this will be the formula. Hmmm.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Tried swtching from 3T spead out to 3T one hour befo lunch. It had a laxative effect that has lasted all afternoon despite two immodium. Glad I wasn't worki.g today. Careful, ladies.
Cici I am so so sorry this happened! Please forgive my suggestion. I should really have said it is wise to work up to that.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Cici I am so so sorry this happened! Please forgive my suggestion. I should really have said it is wise to work up to that.
Ouiz, I really should have known better. Just wanted to warn anyone else who might be tempted to dive in with abandon.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
KT, it is heartbreaking to hear everything your poor daughter went through this year. So hope she is well on her way to getting healthy.

I think the two good meals a week are a smart idea and thinking about them gets my dopamine levels up. I just hate that I took me almost a week to get back to what my weight was before I had it. I am eating ground beef today and because it is fatty it may set me back some. Although back in 2008 I lost over 10 pounds eating nothing but unsalted ground beef when I was on a zero carb forum. Maybe I was doing the bland no spice diet back then and didn't know it. We shall see what the scale says tomorrow!

Have a great day all!
Abigale, I forgot to respond to the second part. It is hard for me to hold much in my head at once.

Anyway, there was a lady in the Century Club portion of this board in the daily weigher thread, and as I recall, she was dropping weight hand over fist eating hamburger plain. I can't remember what else she ate, but I clearly remember that stuck with me that I couldn't picture myself doing that. It was Reva and she lost over 100 pounds incredibly fast. I was plodding along with nothing much showing on the scale, but I was eating cauliflower low carb pizza, greek yogurt with cocoa powder and sweetener and the like. I noticed I lost a little when I relied heavily on the mashed cauliflower. You would think I would get a clue!

Anyway, how interesting on your observation about the plain hamburger!!!

I am hoping for the best for you tomorrow!
Old 08-10-2013, 02:37 AM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Down 3. Yay!
Old 08-10-2013, 04:21 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
My weight was exactly the same today as it was yesterday so no complaints. The plain ground beef on a bed of lettuce tasted fine to me. Actually better than the chicken or the tuna. Maybe today if I get to the store early enough I will have the ground beef minus the lettuce.

KT, I can still look back at my journal on the 0 carb forum (under a different name) and see I lost close to a pound a day on just the ground beef. I think most of the people there stick to meat or fowl, cheese, heavy cream and no salt. They don't eat any vegetables.

Have a great day all!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:50 AM   #313
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Down 3. Yay!
Awesome, Cici
Old 08-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #314
Blabbermouth!!!

Numbers since starting SLD

8/1 138.8 BF 24.3
8/2 137.4 BF 23.8
8/3 135.0 BF 23.2
8/4 133.8 BF 23.0
8/5 133.6 BF 22.9
8/6 134.4 BF 22.9 water weight? (today had about 2000 cal -PMS)
8/7 133.8 BF 22.8
8/8 132.4 BF 22.3
8/9 132.8 BF 22.4 (higher calories day ~1700)
8/10 132.2 BF 22.2

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 08-10-2013 at 06:02 AM..
Old 08-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cici - 3 pounds, wow!!! Awesome!

Marika - that is a great showing for the month!

OK, I ate at the fund raiser. When Tom Douglas is cooking (I thought it was catering, but they set up grills and they were cooking!), it is time to eat! Brisket, salmon, wonderful sauces, and I won't detail the bad things I did, but I did. Amazing blueberry dessert. I just love him.

I am down 1/2 pound anyway! I don't count half pounds, but notable after eating up last night!

I wonder what it would have been if I hadn't had so much sodium, but I will know in a few days. Maybe a bit more. Today is my daughter's birthday, so I imagine I will get into the sodium a bit more. She loves going to the International District, so I will probably get me some delicious pho soup!!! It's not that I want to go low cal today; my goal is to try to stay out of the PUFAs. I've got to stay out of vegetable oils, especially the oxidized cooked toxic waste.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #316
Blabbermouth!!!

KT- That's great you are down .5 after eating yummy foods at the fund raiser!

Happy Birthday to your DD! Have fun tonight. I know it is not easy to get clean food when you eat out. That's why I dislike eating out, but when I do, I make sure to go the restaurant that uses EVOO. It is not easy!
Old 08-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #317
Blabbermouth!!!

I found that Seth Roberts has some interesting videos on youtube. I have been cooking this morning and listening to him. As as side note I find him very nice and humble person.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marika--I've met Seth, and he is exactly that--a lovely man--
Old 08-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #319
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh, that's wonderful!
Old 08-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Got my first brew started today. Used store bought kombucha and hope to hatch a scoby this week. Feeling all earth motherish.

KT, thr fund raiser sounds mouth watering. It is just about perfect when your woe allows you to indulge on special occasions and not pay at the scale. You are an inspiration. Have fun with DD.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Now that's what you must be talki.g about. Will probably close the day undr 1000 cals and this happened with no thought or suffering. Just one T. MCT this afternoon. Will increase a bit tomorrow.. The AS seems to have kicked in.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

My AS was very strong today. I barely managed 800 cal (including 2 tbls of ghee).
Old 08-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #323
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Now that's what you must be talki.g about. Will probably close the day undr 1000 cals and this happened with no thought or suffering. Just one T. MCT this afternoon. Will increase a bit tomorrow.. The AS seems to have kicked in.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:46 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

The second ground beef day did it for me and I am back to my starting weight from last year. Down a full pound. Yay! I am transitioning into a little more relaxed version of the no reward eating. Yesterday I did have one cup of coffee with cream and I am having one right now. I think I have died and gone to heaven! I love my coffee with cream.

I read alot of the posts on mark's daily apple yesterday on the sld thread. It is very interesting. My eating the bland diet helps me to not overeat but I am still craving things like nuts. It is all I can do to stay away from them. They are one of the problems I had gaining over 10 pounds in the last few months. So I am looking at the oil shots and contemplating trying it to kill the cravings.

Wishing you all a nice relaxing Sunday!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:08 AM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abigale - great on the thinking back to the bland ground beef and making that work for you! Great results I caved and had diet coke. It is incredible how good everything tastes now. Coffee with cream sounds like heaven...

Marika - I'm so glad you had a good AS day!!!

Cici - Happy to hear you had good AS today too! And thanks...I am hoping for the best this time - I usually do not lose more than 15 or 20 pounds in a year and I am already there. I will have to work really hard this week after the fundraiser/birthday bash weekend. Today entailed multiple treat/meals so, well, it was over the top.

I had another similar experience with the birthday icecream as I did at the social. The toppings blew me away; they were too flavorful. Unlike the jellybeans, however, instead of eating more of them, I was just overpowered and couldn't eat them. This is a first for me. Another weird way taste is changing. Hmmm. I am usually the type that can eat toppings and stuff like frosting until nearly sick.

I will say that regular food really, really tastes incredibly good! Just the mixed grill meat dinner at the birthday restaurant I had tonight was out of this world!!!

Last edited by Key Tones; 08-11-2013 at 04:15 AM..
Old 08-11-2013, 04:13 AM   #326
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Cool!!! What is the story around meeting him?
Old 08-11-2013, 04:27 AM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Last edited by Key Tones; 08-11-2013 at 04:31 AM..
Old 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM   #328
Blabbermouth!!!

Abigale- on getting to your starting weight I think the oil shots have changed my relationship with food. I started right at PMS- my worst time for binging and I have zero desire to dip into my favorite foods. Nuts are my weakness too. I had 1 afternoon that I over-ate mac nuts and that's all. Now, I just feel like eating all the clean foods. My portions sizes droppped by at least half. I was always eating a lot and was always ready to eat, anytime of the day. Not anymore.

KT- I so agree that regular food tastes so darn good now. I can be satisfied with the simplest flavor now.

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
Old 08-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

KT--I was one of the original web group who tried SLD--he sent each one of his an autographed copy of his book and we all met at a booksigning he did locally. Lovely guy. I've used oil off and on forever. However, I am like a supertaster, and even light olive oil ended up being too flavourful for me. Crazy spiceing worked a bit better. Now I am trying with MCT oil, and I find that it is the best of the oils I have tried, but even with that, I have to really rinse and noseblock for a lonnnnng time to not get some whiff of a particular flavor. I've never gotten Morex style AS, but I get some AS which is great. I am using it with JUDDD and not counting the calories. We shall see what happens

How is your daughter doing KT? I reallly hope the oil helps her!
Old 08-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

I just read this on mark's daily apple. It is a quote from a lady named raevynn post 397. I just love the way she thinks the sld works.

"I have this mental picture of the body/mind suddenly being presented with a pile of fat calories (via a shot of flavorless MCT oil, for instance), with no clue where they came from, and reacting with "whoa, we don't need these extra calories. We must have too much stored. Let's start dumping some of the stored calories!" If they had shown up as a meal (... as a flavor...), then the body/mind would have identified them as food intake, and stored them accordingly in prep for energy expenditure. With no "tag" on them, the body/mind just dumps them, and assumes that they indicate excess beyond energy expenditure, and starts dumping excess fat."
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote