Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
Exercise?

what is everyone doing for exercise, and to build muscle?
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
I go to the gym 3 or 4 days a week for weight training.
I do some cardio, but not much.
I mostly use the machines, but will also incorporate free weights (dumbells) as well.
Barbells seem to cause me injuries whereas the machines and the dumbells, if not overused leave my muscles stressed and sore (the good kind) but free of injury induced pain. I love it.
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

WOOHOO I'm trying to bring this section back from the dead! lolol

I am going to start doing chalean extreme again soon...
Right now I do callanetics and turbo jam (I LOVE LOVE LOVE CHALEAN JOHNSON!)
in the bathroom at work (its a handicapt one) I do pushups on the bar every time I go potty (10 each time lol)
and I do squats every day.
I need to work on building muscle!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
I have been feeling so unhealthy. Walking at this current weight is uncomfortable for me. I know I need to start walking. My doctor suggests I start out with 20 minutes a day brisk walking. I think my goal will be just to simply walk for 20 minute. 10 minutes one way and 10 minutes back. I have to start somewhere.
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Slenderkitty, if you are not comfortable exercising at this point, would you consider nixing the exercise until you lose a bit of weight through just diet? You wouldn't want to injure yourself, and that's not hard to do for us bigger gals. Or just take is easy and don't try to do too much. Good luck!
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
I think what I need to do is to let go of all the pressure and guilt. My family all want me to lose weight, stop smoking, exercise. Its like I cant do it all in one day. I just stopped smoking. I think I need to be kind and patient with myself. I want this all to come off and stay off for good. I have young children and I feel like I'm 60 years old. I want to play with them etc... and I try to tell myself playing with them outside even for a little while is being active at least. I think I should focus on becoming more active then starting exercise once the weight comes off my joints a bit.
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #7
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

WTH for the effort for the lifestyle changes! if you are feeling stressed for a cig, walking may help though.. just a short brisk walk.
Check out Callanetics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! theres a thread in the exercise forum with an amazing bunch of ladies (and a man or 2) lol
Old 08-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
WTG on the quitting smoking!! That's as good or better than exercising for the sake of health.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 10Poppies
Stats: Size 16. Marching toward size 6.
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/25/13
Congrats on quitting smoking! that's awesome, I hope you are feeling proud of yourself. I quit a 20 yr, pack a day habit about 7 years ago, and never looked back. It's a great thing to leave behind you

I just want to chime in and suggest you try some beginners yoga for exercise and also for peacing out the mind and being kind to yourself. It's a gentle way to start waking up the muscles, circulation, and nervous system, all at your own pace. As you can tell, I'm a big proponent. Good luck!
10Poppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:38 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosmith123
Water aerobics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantony View Post
I have been feeling so unhealthy. Walking at this current weight is uncomfortable for me. I know I need to start walking. My doctor suggests I start out with 20 minutes a day brisk walking. I think my goal will be just to simply walk for 20 minute. 10 minutes one way and 10 minutes back. I have to start somewhere.
When I first started I was 285 pounds and could hardly move! I started excercise by doing water aerobics. It is so much easier in the water. And believe me, you will feel it the next day. Lost 25 pounds doing this and then went into the gym to do other classes. Have already lost 85 pounds and still going to daily excercise and following a paleo lifestyle. Good luck!
Rosmith123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:44 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigRunner
Stats: 247/190/168
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Started Crossfit at the beginning of December. My wife and I absolutely love it.
BigRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: earthcrosser
WOE: LCRF, NK
Start Date: March 2014
I coincidentally took two weeks off when I started LC (just about two weeks ago now). I've lost about 6 or 7 lbs so far, and I'm not missing working out (yet). I have belonged to a gym for most of my adult life, but have taken mini breaks from time to time. I am planning on starting again this weekend, going 2-3 times a week. I am going to focus on weight training-light weights/more reps and core strength (a necessity for me!). I will also do some cardio-probably elliptical with one spinning class thrown in each week.

I'm not clear on the exercise recommendations with LC eating for weight loss. Can anyone help?

thanks.
earthcrosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel2writer
Stats: 260/252/175
WOE: Low carb my own way
Start Date: 3/17/14
Strength training is non-negotiable at least 2 days a week for me (read some of the paleo and primal boards, and most explain benefits to strength more than cardio.) I do good old-fashioned bodyweight workouts - pushups, squats, lunges, etc.
If I can squeeze it in, I like to walk or ride my stationary bike 2 or 3 times a week, too.
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote