Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LisaCeleste
Stats: 259/250/155
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: 6/23/13
From vegetarian to Paleo

Ive tried everything to lose weight and I'm desperate. I had luck on Atkins a few years ago and gained the weight back, the next time I tried low carb, I lost about 4lbs and then the scale would not budge,and after a month of that,I gave up. I started eating a vegetarian diet and I did feel great physically eating that way.....but the all the carbs caused me to gain even more weight......I found the only way I could lose weight eating vegetarian was to count calories and as a result I was hungry all the time, and I knew I could not stick to this long term, so here I am.....I just got back from the grocery store.....stocked up on organic meats and veggies and fruit, and ready to commit to Paleo and I have my fingers crossed. I have GOT to lose this weight, I am miserable. If this does not work for me I am out of options. I've been reading for days online.....and I have made an eating plan for myself. I'm starting tomorrow. I am 43, female 5'7, 255lbs. Need support and accountability. I haven't been exercising at all and that is going to change as well. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm excited to see what happens! Lisa

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: justbeachy
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: May 2013
Hi Lisa,
I used to be veg too(for 4 years!) & it caused major health problems. Been Primal for a month & feel so much better! I don't weigh myself but my body is changing and clothes fit better. I also walk 30+ min a day and do mini workouts like push ups & burpies throughout the day. My best advice is be kind to yourself. Lasting change takes time and won't happen overnight, but you are on a good path. Best Wishes!
justbeachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
Lisa, the best advice I can give you is BUY A BOOK! Read the plan and follow it.
I love the book Practical Paleo.
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
Paleo eating really appeals to my thought process.
It just makes so much sense to eat in accordance with our evolution.
I know this is impossible to a large extent, but still it has to be better than
eating processed foods and even the ag foods that have only been around a few thousand years.
I have found that my personal woe has evolved as well. I have been LC for almost a year and have gradually eliminated more and more. I now eat mostly whole foods, organic greens, and grass fed meat.
I still do eat some dairy though it is much less than before.
I truly believe that a person can find health through food.
I wish you all the best.