Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 05:17 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
sails92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 536
Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
Newbie to Paleo - HELP

Just learned about this way of eating through my trainer. I'm committed for the entire summer to workout with my trainer three days a week and to start eating the Paleo plans. I can try this for three months, but I need HELP and SUPPORT. Can anyone give me some great tips on stables of foods, snacks etc. Thanks everyone!!!!!!
sails92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!
 
avid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: treasure coast
Posts: 1,131
Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
HI and welcome.
Paleo/primal is a tough woe in my opinion, but I truly believe it to be the most
healthy. Google "Marks daily apple" Mark Sisson has a book "The primal blueprint".
It's chock full of sound arguments as to why eating "like a caveman" is best for optimal weight and health. At his blog site you can download lists of foods to eat, foods to avoid, and recipes. It's pretty cool.
Good luck to you!
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
sails92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 536
Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
Thank you for the information
sails92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Stevie Renee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,029
Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
I found tons of support on blogs, web sites, Facebooks.

Kindle books help me too


Whole30, Everyday paleo, Marks Daily Apple, the Clothes Make the Girl

Where are you at with your journey right now?

Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Stevie Renee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,029
Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
My staples; coconut milk ( in coffee), coconut oil, raw nuts, veggies, berries, fish, chicken, stew meats, steaks, spices, home made broth ( easy peasy), olives, sun dried tomatoes, ghee ( to brown meat), Tessemaes salad dressings (avoid soy bean oil and canola oil. Read Whole30)

Supplements: Vit D, Vit C, Magnesium, biotin

Drinks; water...with sliced cucumbers, strawberries, mint, oranges...makes a tasty spa water.

We also drink unsweetened teas.

Last week we made steaks, mushrooms. Had a huge kale salad with strawberries, almonds, Tessama dressing. Then we had chicken kabobs with bell peppers, finally made a crock pot with a pork butt, veggies, garlic, onions. So good! I have this for breakfast too!!


Occasional Lara balls ( not peanut kind)

Occasional Quest protein bars
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
sails92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 536
Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
WOW Stevie, VERY impressive!!!!! I'm just starting this way of eating, but thank you for all of the helpful information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
My staples; coconut milk ( in coffee), coconut oil, raw nuts, veggies, berries, fish, chicken, stew meats, steaks, spices, home made broth ( easy peasy), olives, sun dried tomatoes, ghee ( to brown meat), Tessemaes salad dressings (avoid soy bean oil and canola oil. Read Whole30)

Supplements: Vit D, Vit C, Magnesium, biotin

Drinks; water...with sliced cucumbers, strawberries, mint, oranges...makes a tasty spa water.

We also drink unsweetened teas.

Last week we made steaks, mushrooms. Had a huge kale salad with strawberries, almonds, Tessama dressing. Then we had chicken kabobs with bell peppers, finally made a crock pot with a pork butt, veggies, garlic, onions. So good! I have this for breakfast too!!


Occasional Lara balls ( not peanut kind)

Occasional Quest protein bars
sails92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
sails92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 536
Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
WOW Stevie, VERY impressive!!!!! I'm just starting this way of eating, but thank you for all of the helpful information.
sails92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Stevie Renee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,029
Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
You are welcome. I also forgot eggs and avocados

Wish you well!
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
Gabby1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 672
Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/192/170 5'9" 47yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012
Meal planning is key. Here are some meal ideas for you:

Breakfast:
-eggs/avocado/hot sauce and bacon
-green smoothie: kale/spinach/coconut milk/few frozen strawberries/cinnamon
-mini omelettes made in muffin cups

Lunch/Dinner:
- chicken and veggie coconut curry (topped w toasted chopped almonds or cashews)
- green smoothie and piece of marinated and grilled chicken or beef
- Paleo meatloaf wedge with veggie salad (asparagus, tomatos, cukes w vinaigrette)
- tilapia w a pan sauce of cherry tomatos/capers/black olives, side of broccoli (very fast)
- shrimp cakes with Thai cucumber salad

These are the dishes I made in the last week or so. It all just boils down to choosing a protein and then figuring out how to cram as many veggies and healthy fats onto the plate.

Nom Nom Paleo
The Clothes Make the Girl
Slim Palate

are my go-to websites for recipes. Just be careful with some of those sites that are full of "Paleo" versions of junk food- lots of maple syrup/honey/agave sweeteners and tons of dried fruits/dates/nuts. Paleo cupcakes and donuts are not going to help anyone lose weight!

Good luck!
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:17 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
sails92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 536
Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
Thanks Gabby1.....I'm still going at it, but slow



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby1 View Post
Meal planning is key. Here are some meal ideas for you:

Breakfast:
-eggs/avocado/hot sauce and bacon
-green smoothie: kale/spinach/coconut milk/few frozen strawberries/cinnamon
-mini omelettes made in muffin cups

Lunch/Dinner:
- chicken and veggie coconut curry (topped w toasted chopped almonds or cashews)
- green smoothie and piece of marinated and grilled chicken or beef
- Paleo meatloaf wedge with veggie salad (asparagus, tomatos, cukes w vinaigrette)
- tilapia w a pan sauce of cherry tomatos/capers/black olives, side of broccoli (very fast)
- shrimp cakes with Thai cucumber salad

These are the dishes I made in the last week or so. It all just boils down to choosing a protein and then figuring out how to cram as many veggies and healthy fats onto the plate.

Nom Nom Paleo
The Clothes Make the Girl
Slim Palate

are my go-to websites for recipes. Just be careful with some of those sites that are full of "Paleo" versions of junk food- lots of maple syrup/honey/agave sweeteners and tons of dried fruits/dates/nuts. Paleo cupcakes and donuts are not going to help anyone lose weight!

Good luck!
sails92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Stevie Renee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,029
Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby1 View Post
Meal planning is key. Here are some meal ideas for you:

Breakfast:
-eggs/avocado/hot sauce and bacon
-green smoothie: kale/spinach/coconut milk/few frozen strawberries/cinnamon
-mini omelettes made in muffin cups

Lunch/Dinner:
- chicken and veggie coconut curry (topped w toasted chopped almonds or cashews)
- green smoothie and piece of marinated and grilled chicken or beef
- Paleo meatloaf wedge with veggie salad (asparagus, tomatos, cukes w vinaigrette)
- tilapia w a pan sauce of cherry tomatos/capers/black olives, side of broccoli (very fast)
- shrimp cakes with Thai cucumber salad

These are the dishes I made in the last week or so. It all just boils down to choosing a protein and then figuring out how to cram as many veggies and healthy fats onto the plate.

Nom Nom Paleo
The Clothes Make the Girl
Slim Palate

are my go-to websites for recipes. Just be careful with some of those sites that are full of "Paleo" versions of junk food- lots of maple syrup/honey/agave sweeteners and tons of dried fruits/dates/nuts. Paleo cupcakes and donuts are not going to help anyone lose weight!

Good luck!
I am going to make that shake! Sounds lovely

I put a chicken and some seasoning in the crock pot. Stripped it for everyone and it made the most beautiful broth. I cannot wait to do this again. I slow cooked a large cabbage and spices, added shrimp too it. I also use coconut aminos in place of soy sauce. A keeper.
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
sails92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 536
Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
I'm going to get the ingredients for the green smoothie today and try it, thanks again everyone!!!!!!!!
sails92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #13
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy
 
QueenBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn Ny
Posts: 6,807
Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
Can I suggest getting a book and reading it cover to cover.
I love the book Practical Paleo.

If you are trying to lose weight I am also going to suggest to try to stay moderate to low carb.
Try to stay away from all the new surplus of paleo packaged goodies.. trust me they are not good for weightloss! lol
experement. take different foods you like and make new meals with them. I love doing this..
Right now im doing a 21 day sugar detox and it is great, resets me, gets me moving in the right direction and I feel great.

If you can't live with out coffee with sugar and cream? dont drink the coffee!

The Whole30 is a great starting point also. After you follow one of these plans for 30 days you will feel so good that you won't be turning back!
__________________
Low carb isnt just my life style, its my hobby
*~OurLuvsFromAbove~* (Kerry/QueenBacon)
Mini Goals:
Fit into my Guess Black Skinny Jeans
"i may pause, but I don't stop"
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:13 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3
Gallery: KaraMcC
If you need recipe ideas I absolutely love the 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking by Hayley Mason and Bill Stayley. There are tonsssss of support/paleo groups on Facebook and tons of bloggers out there! You will never be at a loss for support
KaraMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!
 
Shantony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Guelph, ON
Posts: 1,466
Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
@ Queenbacon - I love the book Practical Paleo. I find it is worth the price.
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #16
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy
 
QueenBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn Ny
Posts: 6,807
Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
slender thats my paleo bible lol
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,905
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
So, I'm interested in paleo, but I'm trying to find out about dairy. Can you have cream or yogurt? Tia!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
cfine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,083
Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/217/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
If you are doing a truly Paleo WOE them dairy is out. Primal eating allows dairy in small amounts. I am of the opinion that if dairy doesn't cause you problems like mucus and inflammation then it's ok in small amounts. I think the only way to really find out if dairy is giving you a problem is to go off of it for a month and then add it back in and see how your body reacts.
cfine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:41 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,905
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
You are welcome. I also forgot eggs and avocados

Wish you well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
If you are doing a truly Paleo WOE them dairy is out. Primal eating allows dairy in small amounts. I am of the opinion that if dairy doesn't cause you problems like mucus and inflammation then it's ok in small amounts. I think the only way to really find out if dairy is giving you a problem is to go off of it for a month and then add it back in and see how your body reacts.
Thank you!! I appreciate that.
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:12 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.