Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hockeymom48183
Stats: 227/227/150
Ready to commit!

Hi!

For the past few weeks I've been following Paleo on and off. I lost 7 pounds in 4 days a couple weeks ago but went off track for the weekend and boy was that a big mistake! Everything I had lost came right back on over night.

I've been reading books on Paleo and researching various links on the internet and this plan is something I can see myself following forever. I had been following Weight Watchers for 3 years and lost 117lbs. Unfortunately when I was put on Zoloft I managed to gain 60lbs back and I'm sure some of that was also poor food choices. The only habit I've maintained is exercising almost everyday which I believe has helped me look fit even though I weigh 215. Most people can't believe I weight that much but even if that can't see it I can and I'm very uncomfortable.

I just checked out Practical Paleo from the library and I have to say, it's absolutely awesome! Great recipes and even gives a 30 day meal plan. Now my question to those of you who are following a Paleo lifestyle - Do you count? Calories, Carbs, etc.? I'm so used to counting and I fear I won't be able to lose weight if I don't. I've come across a few threads where people say they've lost weight without counting which gives me hope!

Any feedback would be great!
Hockeymom48183 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Healthy Low Carb
hey!
I know this is a bit late, but I wanted to comment. I am pretty much in the same situation. I lost weight, but was put on zoloft and gained a ton of weight in a pretty short amount of time. I have been tooling around with paleo/primal and really like it. My DH is on board now too so that does make it easier. I dont really count anything I just try to keep in LC. I have lost 9lbs so I am going to keep at it. It has come off a lot slower than induction, but much more manageable with all the fresh produce/fruit available at this time of year.

Look forward to seeing how its going for you!
Wendy
Old 08-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
@ Hockeymom - I picked up Practical Paleo from the library as well. Its what has gotten me motivated to give it a try. I love the meal plans for different conditions.

So as not to get overwhelmed I wont count calories but I will be counting my carbs because carbs affect me so negatively.

@ Wendalina - I'm on a medication that causes weight gain and it did just that. I am fatter than I have ever been in my life and I'm 5'2". I'm starting to feel like its debilitating. I am hoping that by eating paleo the weight will come off despite the fact that I take this medication.
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote