Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: juliekaboolie
WOE: Whole30
Start Date: 1/7/11
I MADE IT! Whole30 Update!!

Good morning!!

Although the number on the scale didn't completely THRILL me, I do have to put things into perspective. First off, I lost 4 lbs this month. More importantly, I lost 2.5 inches from my waist which shows a decrease in inflammation. Even more importantly I noticed an increase in energy, decrease/elimination of constant nausea and acid reflux and better sleeping overall. My workouts improved due to the energy increase. I am notorious for being a microscopic weight loser...seriously. I began LCF at 216lbs and am only now down to 187lbs despite faithfully adhering to low carbing principles! I still need to take my 'after' picture for the Whole30 and will do that today at some point and add it to my signature. I also am planning to do another one beginning tomorrow since today is actually day 30 of the first one. No break for me! So there is my update. I realize that weight loss IS a goal, but I also have to remind myself that overall improvement in health is a goal, too, and I'm getting there. I have a thyroid condition plus take Paxil and those two issues are so notorious for causing weight gain it probably is a miracle I've lost anything at all. Add to that, insulin resistance and I really am pleased with the results. SO that's it!! Thanks for following me and supporting me!

**My goal has changed from mere weight loss to health, quality of life, and longevity. This is no longer a diet but a way of life.**

"NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!"~Winston Churchill
juliekaboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Looks like a success to me! My biggest goal is to get these crazy hormones in check - since giving up dairy almost a month ago, I have all ready felt myself balance better.
The book Whole30 explained it perfectly to me, especially dairy.

On day two...so right there with you!

Congrats!! 2.5" is pretty fantastic I think. I don't weigh anymore, had to get off the crazy train for me.

Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: juliekaboolie
WOE: Whole30
Start Date: 1/7/11
I hear you about the weighing. I think the inches are more important. That was confirmed by a conversation I had with my endocrinologist this past Thursday. She was amazed that, based on how I looked, I'd only lost 12lbs since she had seen me last July because I look like I've lost more than that. Even more importantly, my blood work showed some pretty nice shifts of improvement, so I am pleased. Overall, this is a healthy way to eat and/or clean up your diet. You can do it!!!
juliekaboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:17 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cabrioluvr
Stats: 18/12/6
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: 03/2000
Congrats!! I think you look fantastic. Better health is more important than huge weight loss.
cabrioluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:57 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Very interesting...this whole WOE.. sounds like you are heading toward some excellent health benefits. I need to get a hold of that book too and really consider some changes in my life - die tardily...hmmmm...congratulations BTW
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote