Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   I MADE IT! Whole30 Update!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/800354-i-made-whole30-update.html)

juliekaboolie 03-26-2013 08:58 AM

I MADE IT! Whole30 Update!!

Good morning!!

Although the number on the scale didn't completely THRILL me, I do have to put things into perspective. First off, I lost 4 lbs this month. More importantly, I lost 2.5 inches from my waist which shows a decrease in inflammation. Even more importantly I noticed an increase in energy, decrease/elimination of constant nausea and acid reflux and better sleeping overall. My workouts improved due to the energy increase. I am notorious for being a microscopic weight loser...seriously. I began LCF at 216lbs and am only now down to 187lbs despite faithfully adhering to low carbing principles! I still need to take my 'after' picture for the Whole30 and will do that today at some point and add it to my signature. I also am planning to do another one beginning tomorrow since today is actually day 30 of the first one. No break for me! So there is my update. I realize that weight loss IS a goal, but I also have to remind myself that overall improvement in health is a goal, too, and I'm getting there. I have a thyroid condition plus take Paxil and those two issues are so notorious for causing weight gain it probably is a miracle I've lost anything at all. Add to that, insulin resistance and I really am pleased with the results. SO that's it!! :) Thanks for following me and supporting me! :)

Stevie Renee 03-26-2013 06:15 PM

Looks like a success to me! My biggest goal is to get these crazy hormones in check - since giving up dairy almost a month ago, I have all ready felt myself balance better.
The book Whole30 explained it perfectly to me, especially dairy.

On day two...so right there with you!

Congrats!! 2.5" is pretty fantastic I think. I don't weigh anymore, had to get off the crazy train for me.

:)

juliekaboolie 03-31-2013 08:23 AM

I hear you about the weighing. I think the inches are more important. That was confirmed by a conversation I had with my endocrinologist this past Thursday. She was amazed that, based on how I looked, I'd only lost 12lbs since she had seen me last July because I look like I've lost more than that. Even more importantly, my blood work showed some pretty nice shifts of improvement, so I am pleased. Overall, this is a healthy way to eat and/or clean up your diet. You can do it!!! :)

cabrioluvr 04-13-2013 06:17 AM

Congrats!! I think you look fantastic. Better health is more important than huge weight loss.

Mamatomany 05-01-2013 03:57 AM

Very interesting...this whole WOE.. sounds like you are heading toward some excellent health benefits. I need to get a hold of that book too and really consider some changes in my life - die tardily...hmmmm...congratulations BTW :shake: