Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   Tomorrow is day 30 of the Whole30 for me! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/800277-tomorrow-day-30-whole30-me.html)

juliekaboolie 03-25-2013 10:05 AM

Tomorrow is day 30 of the Whole30 for me!

Wow!

What a month! It started off a little challenging by giving up all dairy, MY SCALE, and honey/chocolate. I persevered and after the 2nd week or so, I began to notice I wasn't craving those things quite so badly and meal planning was easier. The hardest thing for me to do is eat within an hour of waking up. I maybe managed that a handful of times. Eating a late breakfast throws off all your meals if you are correctly adhering to the plan. I won't weigh in until tomorrow morning, but I definitely feel and look smaller. I've dropped a pant size this month and am now a comfortable size 14 with my ultimate goal to be a comfortable size 10! Interestingly, I have not experienced any episodes of acid reflux the entire month and I think that is directly related to giving up dairy. I also do not ever have the need to snack anymore as I'm not hungry, always satisfied. I still have thoughts of craving certain foods, but it isn't as strong as it once was. So I plan to do another month of this. It seems to be working for me. I will update my losses tomorrow!

Stevie Renee 03-25-2013 03:03 PM

I cannot wait to read your update!

Congrats girl. Wonderful!

I am on day 1.

ANGELFIRE80 03-26-2013 08:19 AM

I am starting April 1st. Good for you making it through!

juliekaboolie 03-26-2013 09:58 AM

You can do this, Stevie Renee and Anglefire80!!! :)

LadyKT 03-30-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANGELFIRE80 (Post 16336889)
I am starting April 1st. Good for you making it through!

Me too! And it's going to be challenging because this month I have a wedding AND a 30th birthday party for my bff which i'm in charge of baking the cake!

ANGELFIRE80 03-30-2013 06:42 PM

Good luck!

juliekaboolie 03-31-2013 09:20 AM

LadyKT, best wishes during those food challenges! I know you can do it! I made it through my daughter's birthday yesterday baking and making homemade cupcakes and frosting without a single taste. I actually had her do all the tasting (to which she very generously obliged me). I also put together Easter baskets (now that very nearly killed me to do) without a single taste. It is definitely difficult, but doable. Hang in there!! :)

jeaniem 03-31-2013 07:02 PM

Way to go Julie!

Do they email you the food list when you subscribe to the whole 30?

juliekaboolie 03-31-2013 07:59 PM

jeaniem: they tell you how to eat in the book and you can get the plan FOR FREE from their website. Just google "Whole30". :)

LadyKT 04-01-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliekaboolie (Post 16345985)
LadyKT, best wishes during those food challenges! I know you can do it! I made it through my daughter's birthday yesterday baking and making homemade cupcakes and frosting without a single taste. I actually had her do all the tasting (to which she very generously obliged me). I also put together Easter baskets (now that very nearly killed me to do) without a single taste. It is definitely difficult, but doable. Hang in there!! :)

Thanks Julie! Btw you look fantastic!!! I went to Trader Joe's earlier and restocked my entire kitchen. Had to dump an entire huge bottle of lemon juice due to additives :down: So i bought a bag of lemons & a bag of limes. Yummy. And new coconut oil and a can of coconut milk to use as a coffee creamer (that's allowed....right?) And I told my friends who are getting married this weekend that I'm not drinking - the bride said to just make sure I wear my dancing shoes ;) I don't know what the food at the wedding will be, but I do know it's sit-down, so i wonder if i could ask for substitutions? And as for the birthday party in a couple weeks - I think I will just buy cupcakes b/c baking might be too tempting!

juliekaboolie 04-02-2013 11:47 PM

Hi LadyKT! Great job on stocking up on all the things you CAN eat! As for the wedding, maybe enjoy some sparkling water with lime/lemon and just do the best you can. Scrape off cheese, etc as needed. You can totally do it! Maybe ask for double veggies and no butter? Or request olive oil instead? Coffee/tea instead of cake. Oh, and eat before, too, so your nice and full. Thanks for the compliment! :)

LadyKT 04-03-2013 01:41 PM

Hmmm I'm thinking I need to do a lower fat version of W30 :sad: For whatever reason, and this is only pretty recently in the last few years, when eating fats such as oils, butters, etc, I get a pretty nasty gut reaction...and that's what's happening now :cry: Guess I'll have to eat my sweet potatos sans ghee.

juliekaboolie 04-05-2013 10:11 AM

LadyKT, do you have gallbladder issues? Maybe try just eating foods with naturally occurring fats? I'm sorry. What a bummer! Oh! Something I forgot! Sometimes a person can have stomach issues because they have food sensitivities. Maybe try doing the Whole30 Autoimmune protocol? That's what I have to do because certain foods cause nausea for me. It's like my body needs a break because I need to rebuild my stomach lining.

LadyKT 04-05-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliekaboolie (Post 16356366)
LadyKT, do you have gallbladder issues? Maybe try just eating foods with naturally occurring fats? I'm sorry. What a bummer! Oh! Something I forgot! Sometimes a person can have stomach issues because they have food sensitivities. Maybe try doing the Whole30 Autoimmune protocol? That's what I have to do because certain foods cause nausea for me. It's like my body needs a break because I need to rebuild my stomach lining.

Ah! Yeah I was putting too much ghee on things I think. I had a salad w/ avocado for lunch and for right now i'm okay...but we'll see later. I don't have a problem with nightshades (in fact i don't even know if i can do paleo without my beloved chili and tomatoes! I don't really eat eggplants - are sweet potatoes a night shade?) so i don't think that's it.

I think also because i'm only on day 5, it's an adjustment. takes time :)

LadyKT 04-08-2013 01:57 PM

Ugh totally fell off the wagon this weekend. I'm not sure if I can even survive a whole 30 days on this. There's too much going on in my life and being on such a restrictive plan is well....exhausting. Funny because I did this originally to see if it would cure the exhaustion. Sadly, it hasn't. However, perhaps I can do a 5/2 rotation - 5 days strict, 2 days whatever. It's better than nothing, right?