Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   Whole30 Day 20 for me! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/799587-whole30-day-20-me.html)

juliekaboolie 03-17-2013 09:47 AM

Whole30 Day 20 for me!

I haven't weighed myself in almost 3 weeks...what a strange feeling...but, I recently saw pictures of myself and I am SHRINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This WOE is working for me, so I am looking at doing a Whole60! It hasn't been easy, but I feel so much better, and I am suddenly getting compliments left and right on my weight loss. I have NO IDEA if or what I've lost, but I know it must be something because I can feel and see it. I can't recommend this WOE enough. I think ditching dairy helped because I was abusing cream and butter. I adore both!

Chasintrail 03-18-2013 07:12 AM

Great job! I'm on day 17 and wearing a pair of pants that didn't fit last month...

It's been easier than I thought, but I can't wait to have cream in my coffee again! :jumpjoy:

tiva 03-19-2013 01:43 AM

Thanks for posting about your success! I've been thinking about trying this, because I too eat too much heavy cream and cheese.

Chasintrail 03-19-2013 05:27 AM

OMG, I bought a pair of pants this weekend that were too tight to wear comfortably. I'm wearing them today, 3 days later. Amazing... something's happening.

I'm totally planning on continuing this (with the exception of cream in my coffee). It's been pretty easy so far. I'll loosen up a bit, but aim for a 95% primal.

Amazed... :jumpjoy::eek:

wifetoEdmotherof10 03-19-2013 11:21 AM

Excellent job Juliekaboolie!!! You look great!! I had to laugh when you said you adored cream and butter...hahaha... me too! We own dairy cows and make butter and separate the cream and you have to spoon it out of the jar..oh my!!
This is definitely something I have been thinking about doing, the Whole30,but I am lovin' my dairy. What would I do about my chocolate bombs?? I guess I should give it up!!

QueenBacon 03-19-2013 05:17 PM

wtg! I love paleo... maybe I can get you to do a sugar detox with me lol

Stevie Renee 03-21-2013 04:42 PM

You look wonderful!! I am so happy for you.

Where do you buy Ghee by the way? I saw it at my local Indian market.Perhaps that is the way to go?

I start Whole30 on the 25th of this month. I rarely weight anymore after years of obsessing. My goal is to wear my thinner clothes and get back to a 28" waist (vs 31" today)

juliekaboolie 03-21-2013 09:04 PM

Thank you, guys!! I'm so excited to be feeling physically better! Even my wedding ring is looser. When I started low carbing 2 years ago, I wore a tight size 20. My husband surprised me with two pairs of jeans this week after listening to me complain that I had only one pair I could wear. He bought me size 16's that I've been wearing and 14's for when I lose a little more. Well, the 14's totally fit!!!!!!!!!!! What a thrill!! I can also see my biceps and feel my ribcage again! LOL! Loving this woe!

Kerry, I'm already sugar free, so I would happily do the sugar detox with you. I could easily give up fruit, if necessary. ;)

Chasintrail 03-22-2013 07:09 AM

Exciting isn't it! Congratulations you're doing a great job.

Stevie Renee 03-22-2013 08:55 AM

You look like a size 10 Julie!

Do you have a favorite salad dressing recipe you can share? And do you bulk cook sweet potatoes?

:)

wifetoEdmotherof10 03-22-2013 08:59 AM

I was so encouraged by your success!!
I decided I would do a Whole30, the only thing I am holding onto is our own butter and heavy cream from our cows. I am struggling with giving those up!!!! Why is this so hard!!
I gave up coffee for lent and it was fairly easy, but I am struggling to give these 2 things up!!!
Did you all feel that much better without dairy, even raw dairy.

Thanks,
Tina

juliekaboolie 03-22-2013 09:05 AM

Aw. Thanks!! Dairy IS hard to give up!!! I could have a meal of cream and butter because I love both so much! The reason they say to stop consuming it is that it causes a rather large burst of insulin. I will double check on cream and butter, but I know this is true for milk and cheese, even raw. I don't consider myself lactose intolerant at all, but I attribute losing my bloat to cutting out dairy. You'll have to tinker with it and see!

Chasintrail 03-25-2013 05:42 AM

Tina - I don't know that I feel much different. The first thing I'll be adding back in next weekend is cream in my coffee. We'll see if I get any ickys from it. :dunno:

I think dairy is one of those things that is very individual. You'll just have to experiment. I would suggest doing a clean 30 days without it, then adding it in one thing at a time, that way you can really see if there is an effect for you.

I know it's hard, I can honestly say that I don't miss anything else. Although I have developed an expensive tea habit...

wifetoEdmotherof10 03-25-2013 06:04 AM

Thanks Tamara,

I know that I need to do the 30 days without it!! I keep feeling this is the right thing to do.
I have tried coconut milk in my tea, wasn't bad at all.
I am also hoping that will help my weight loss.

Blessings,
Tina