Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   21 day sugar detox! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/796744-21-day-sugar-detox.html)

QueenBacon 02-09-2013 07:02 AM

21 day sugar detox!

just bought the ebook! Can't wait to read it and get started!

QueenBacon 02-09-2013 02:46 PM

Just read it... I can't wait to start on Monday! I would love to blog about it on here.. Hopefully I can find it in me to stay accountable on here...
And hopefully this will break my taste buds for the sweets!

vli1127 02-10-2013 07:08 AM

Tell me about this. Is it paleo also?

QueenBacon 02-10-2013 09:33 AM

there is 3 levels of it.
the most leaniant level isn't paleo or primal.. I believe it allows a small amount of garbanzo beans and cheese and full fat milk/yogurt from grass fed animals

the middle level allows for just the grass fed milk/cheese/yogurt

the hardest level is just like paleo.

There is also modifications for athletes and prego/breast feeding women.

No sugars, no grains, no legumes, limited nuts
No sugar artifical/real
it allows for up to 1 small green tipped banana a day or one small granny smith apple.
I personally will not be allowing that for myself because I have an issue with fruit right now..
It comes with a 90 page main book that has a food cheat sheet for all 3 levels.
It comes with a FAQ guide (9 pages), a suppliment guide (9 pages), and an exercise guide that is about 60 pages..
It also comes with access to the 21 days sugar detox facebook page, daily emails for the 21 day sugar detox, and access to the 21 day sugar detox message board...

QueenBacon 02-17-2013 07:00 AM

Ok so 6 days down (tomorrow, monday is a week)
I had a small personal goal that I would like to lose 9-10lbs for this 3 weeks. Then after the first few days not losing anything I thought ok I'm doomed, I'm not going to lose anything, I'm a failure...
Butttttttttttttttttttt Then the scale started to creep in the right direction. I'm happy now! I feel good!
I have noticed that certain foods make me crave sweets, even if they are not sweet... (no more almond butter for the 3 weeks lol)
So far I'm down 3.2lbs and IM PSYCHEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! I haven't lost ANYTHING since the weight I gained over the holidays, even after going paleo! (but I did adopt exercise since the new year which is NEW FOR ME!)
My goal is to not be dissapointed.. I'm not going to be dissapointed!!!!! Even if I can't see the numbers on the scale move, or my clothing getting looser.. I'm making healthy changes, and even if it doesn't happen this month.. or next month, eventually the healing of my inner self will happen, my body will get stronger from exercise and lifting, my mind will make the right decisions, my mouth will love the tastes of simple foods, and I will stop craving to much of the bad things that are not good for me.
I have to stop focusing on the small picture and focus on the overall picture..
Even if I have been eating low carb for about 7yrs, I still came up with every excuse to stuff myself with low carb treats full of chemicals, and overindulge in things that taste like all the unhealthy crap I enjoyed earlier in life.. And lets not forget being born - my mid 20's before I ate low carb.. I enjoyed the S.A.D and not the SAD (standard american diet) of a family with money, but the SAD of a family just getting by. Lots of pasta, rice, cereal... French fries are not a veggie??? WTH lol Thankfully we didn't have alot of money so we ate fast food maybe once a month... We drank lots of sweet ice tea, lots of 3liter bottles of generic cola beverages, and tons of hormone infused milk! YAY!!! My mom was the queen of making a huge batch of stew, or lasagna because she knew we could get 3-5 meals out of it. I'm not sure I had a salad untill I was 5, and then It was prob macaroni salad!
So while the scale isn't moving at lightspeed, im healing... I'm nourshing my body that thankfully hasn't done me wrong just yet. Every day I feel a bit better about myself, every day I look in the mirror and notice my skin is a little clearer, a litter more glowing... When all this healing is done, (I abused my body for years, it will take the same to heal it) the weight will naturally just fall off. Besides overweight is a side effect of other things.. inflimation etc..
I have done a whole30, but the fruits were a problem for me. That is why im doing this sugar detox... Get myself into nice ketosis, get my appitite under control, lose some weight (if i'm lucky lol) and reset my internals.
So far so good.. my body is responding nicely to this WOL, I feel good, my moods are stable, my face is clearing up, and I have more energy to work out. I feel good, and I'm so proud of myself. Its been a while to feel this good about what I'm acomplishing with out movement on the scale.. I am lifting heavier then EVER! I can't believe im doing squats with 2 15lb dumbbells! I was straining with doing curls with 5lbs when I started lifting in the beginning of jan! Now I'm lifting 10-15lbs with easeeeeeeee! THATS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it makes me want to run up the stairs to the roof of my apartment building and scream at the top of my lungs that IM DOING ITTTTTTTTTT!

QueenBacon 02-19-2013 03:18 AM

Ok so I'm feeling great! In 7 days I lost exactly 4 lbs! Yay! I love this!

Gabby1 02-20-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry (Post 16266924)
Ok so I'm feeling great! In 7 days I lost exactly 4 lbs! Yay! I love this!

Just wanted to say congrats on your success and for sticking to the program. Correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like you are doing Whole30 but without fruit- is that a rough estimate of the Sugar Detox Diet?

Leslie

giggles4me 02-20-2013 10:41 AM

I would love to try the sugar Detox diet, can you give me a sample of what you eat in a day?

QueenBacon 02-26-2013 03:58 AM

breakfast is eggs with veggies, lunch is salad with protein and vinegar, dinner is usually a veggie and protein...

Ok so I'm 15 days in and about 6 to 7 lbs down.. I feel amazing! never has something controlled my mood and hunger so positively.. I would recommend this to anyone with issues losing weight, or having issues saying no to the sweets. this is such a positive experience that I'm debating doing this once a month from now on. I always are sugar, be it natural or artificial (including thingslike Stevia and honey) now that it's all given up all fruits tooo, my moods are fab! I have even been Abel to wake up earlyeverymorning and exercise BEFORE WORK!
Thanks 21 day sugar detox! You are changingmylife!

mamasooze 02-26-2013 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry (Post 16281014)
breakfast is eggs with veggies, lunch is salad with protein and vinegar, dinner is usually a veggie and protein...

Ok so I'm 15 days in and about 6 to 7 lbs down.. I feel amazing! never has something controlled my mood and hunger so positively.. I would recommend this to anyone with issues losing weight, or having issues saying no to the sweets. this is such a positive experience that I'm debating doing this once a month from now on. I always are sugar, be it natural or artificial (including thingslike Stevia and honey) now that it's all given up all fruits tooo, my moods are fab! I have even been Abel to wake up earlyeverymorning and exercise BEFORE WORK!
Thanks 21 day sugar detox! You are changingmylife!

Boy, are you on fire :shake: girl. I gave up sugar years ago but I have never been able to give up sweeteners completely. I switched to stevia in my coffee and other stuff years ago, but I do buy products with Splenda- pancake syrup, coffee flavoring, occasional soda, etc. A few good signs though- drink tea without AS and no longer like anything in chocolate less than 72%. KUTGW!

juliekaboolie 02-26-2013 09:06 AM

Great job!!! Kerry, you are ROCKING this!!! I started doing the Whole30 yesterday and so far so good. I am doing it to clean up my primal diet a bit because little things (like sugar) have been sneaking themselves in there! LOL! This diet is STRICT paleo...no dairy, no sugar (of any kind other than small portion of fruit in a day), no legumes, and no grains. The only things that are a major change for me is: 1) dairy, and 2)dark chocolate. LOL! Dairy is a biggie especially cream in my morning coffee. So I substituted coconut milk with a spoonful of coconut oil for a bulletproof coffee. It's 3 meals daily containing a decent amount of protein (1-2 palm-sized amounts) then the rest veggies (at least 2 per meal). No snacking unless you absolutely have to. I find that I am pretty full, and it is difficult to eat all the meals. I do it, though, because they say it is a sign of hormonal disregulation. So we shall see how this turns out! No weighing until the end...I made my husband hide the scale since I'm a 2 times per day weigher for decades. Maybe I could post my updates on here with you? That ok?? Keep up your great work! The weight loss is motivating for sure! :)

QueenBacon 02-26-2013 09:24 AM

Yeah more the merrier!
I did the whole30 in janand overdidthe fruit, didn't lose anything (no weigh either!) This is why I'm trying this...

QueenBacon 03-04-2013 07:26 AM

I hit my 9pound goal! I feel amazing!

Stevie Renee 03-05-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry (Post 16294355)
I hit my 9pound goal! I feel amazing!

You did great Kerry!

Stevie Renee 03-05-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliekaboolie (Post 16281694)
Great job!!! Kerry, you are ROCKING this!!! I started doing the Whole30 yesterday and so far so good. I am doing it to clean up my primal diet a bit because little things (like sugar) have been sneaking themselves in there! LOL! This diet is STRICT paleo...no dairy, no sugar (of any kind other than small portion of fruit in a day), no legumes, and no grains. The only things that are a major change for me is: 1) dairy, and 2)dark chocolate. LOL! Dairy is a biggie especially cream in my morning coffee. So I substituted coconut milk with a spoonful of coconut oil for a bulletproof coffee. It's 3 meals daily containing a decent amount of protein (1-2 palm-sized amounts) then the rest veggies (at least 2 per meal). No snacking unless you absolutely have to. I find that I am pretty full, and it is difficult to eat all the meals. I do it, though, because they say it is a sign of hormonal disregulation. So we shall see how this turns out! No weighing until the end...I made my husband hide the scale since I'm a 2 times per day weigher for decades. Maybe I could post my updates on here with you? That ok?? Keep up your great work! The weight loss is motivating for sure! :)

Thanks for the details Julie!
I am cheering you on:)

juliekaboolie 03-17-2013 09:54 AM

How'd you do on the 21 dsd, Kerry?? I'm on my 3rd week of the Whole30 and getting weight loss compliments and PRAYING I've lost some pounds! LOL!

QueenBacon 03-19-2013 03:26 AM

it actually went amazing... I felt fab and weight melted off......
I'm starting it again April first...

juliekaboolie 03-21-2013 09:16 PM

Good for you! So happy you were able to lose weight on it!!!! Feeling fabulous is the (sugar-free) icing on the cake!! :)

QueenBacon 03-23-2013 02:58 AM

I'm thinking about doing another 21 day sugar detox starting April first...

Stevie Renee 03-23-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry (Post 16331482)
I'm thinking about doing another 21 day sugar detox starting April first...

Go for it!
I start Whole 30 Monday.

We can do this!

heyjuliebean 04-20-2013 03:16 PM

What is the name and author of book please??

QueenBacon 06-28-2013 08:47 AM

I'm doing ANOTHER 21 DAY SUGAR DETOX! I'm 7 days down. 14 to go! Can't wait! I love doing this! I feel great!