Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Flowergirl51
multivitamin/mineral supplement

Have you found any multivitamin/mineral supplements locally (I'm not talking online, but the drugstore variety) that are free of grains, soy, artificial colors and flavors, sugars, starches? I just pitched out some that had wheat germ in them. I'm ketogenic and so I want to supplement as I'm not presently eating fruits, the higher glycemic veggies like carrots, etc. Thanks Terry
Flowergirl51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

etc multi

Add to that, also free of B12 and folic acid/folate as those both encourage tumor growth. I haven't been able to find anything suitable in a multi vitamin/mineral supplement. Terry
Old 01-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Locally, no. And if I did I'd look for the same product online so I could get a better price.

I use ProCaps Labs supplements. Zero fillers. Just the pure vitamins, minerals, etc that do good things.

If you want to avoid B12 in a multi you are in for a challenge.

I am deficient in B12 without supplementing so I need to take supplements that contain it.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Being paleo ketogenic...the food I east is high in B12 all on its own so I sure don't need to add more in supplement form. Thanks for the info though. T
Old 01-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
You might need to just supplement using individual vitamins you feel are important if you want to avoid B12. But excess B12 is something the body gets rid of so it really should not be a problem. It is also the vitamin hardest for us to absorb.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thats interesting Deb. From my tracking log I saw that when I do ketogenic paleo I am consistenly "under" in vitamin C, E, calcium and magnesium and D3 so....I take a cal/mag (calm) that I stir into water, a once a week slow release D3 that is an inexpensive script for sure. I have some Vit C capsules that are kind of hard for me to swallow. Going to look for something smaller that is more than just the "ascorbic acid" but provides the wider spectrum of C as its found in nature. I rememer looking in the past and there were chewables that tasted good but had either sugar or art. sweeteners, both of which I'm avoiding. And then there's corn starch in some fillers too (who needs gmo?) Haven't picked up any E yet... Thanks so much for taking time to share what you know all who responded. T