Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dae View Post
Currently in the middle of my first Whole30 and it's really helping with the major carb creep I had on plain LC (20~30g/day) as well as getting rid of the cravings/binges I had with cheese and nuts. Haven't weighed yet as per the guidelines, but it feels pretty good so far!
Are you trying to keep your W30 under 20-30 carbs/day? That seems rather difficult to me as there are a lot more veggies it seems on this? I was looking forward to more veggies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
I am going on my second week of no dairy/sugar. I don't eat grains. Maybe I am practicing. lol

The wine is a tough one! Still doing my homework.

I wonder how much veggies a day and where do you buy Ghee from? I saw it at our local Indian store - it was not refrigerated. Is that right?

I like the idea of no calorie counting nor scale watching too.
I make my own ghee. It is super simple...just low and slow in a double boiler (so i don't burn the butter!) and really good straining. I do a lb at a time of organic grass fed butter and use it in everything! I was morbidly interested to see what I was tossing out so i tasted it! oddly enough, chunky buttermilk! lol Go figure!

I am starting my W30 today to see where it takes me! The artificial sweeteners will be my challenge, well that and alcohol!
pibble mama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pibble mama View Post
Are you trying to keep your W30 under 20-30 carbs/day? That seems rather difficult to me as there are a lot more veggies it seems on this? I was looking forward to more veggies!

I make my own ghee. It is super simple...just low and slow in a double boiler (so i don't burn the butter!) and really good straining. I do a lb at a time of organic grass fed butter and use it in everything! I was morbidly interested to see what I was tossing out so i tasted it! oddly enough, chunky buttermilk! lol Go figure!

I am starting my W30 today to see where it takes me! The artificial sweeteners will be my challenge, well that and alcohol!

I ended up at Whole Foods for the ghee. I was going to try to make it but I was impatient! hahaha

Yes, I hear you on both counts of alcohol and sweeteners. But so far so good! Well wishes!
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
To make the ghee - can you melt it in the microwave? Or does it not separate that way?
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
To make the ghee - can you melt it in the microwave? Or does it not separate that way?
No, it takes a lil bit of time (30 mins?). When it melts, barely just starts to low simmer, the milk solids will float, gently skim those off, let it to it again...there will be some other particles are on the bottom. You want the pretty golden stuff in the middle! There are some excellent videos on the U tube!

I can't see paying what they ask for it! lol
pibble mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: OaklandRaiders15
Stats: Too Much/-22/Just Right (5'3)
WOE: Allergy-Free/Clean Eating
Start Date: 4/30/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajenki View Post
Hi all. My name is Becki...I'm starting this in the morning. I just had a food allergy panel run and turns out I'm intolerant to...well...dang near everything. i cried in the doctors office when we reviewed the results. The naturopath suggested paleo minus the eggs for me, so now I'm trying to figure out how to live without cheese and eggs as those have always been staples for me when low carbing. I'm committed to getting through 60 days...and hope someday eggs and cheese can be part of my life again. Most importantly I just want to feel good again...
This sounds like me! Add sugar, fruits and veggies, seasonings in there and I can't eat anything! I try to eat as healthy as I can but it wasn't until 2 weeks ago when I got very strict. I'm following a diet plan similiar to Phase 2 of HCG, which sounds pretty close to Whole30/Paleo/Sugar Detox so I'm on the right track. The only difference is I'm not putting a limit on it, I'm trying to go for life.
OaklandRaiders15 is offline   Reply With Quote