Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
New to the forum and new to primal eating

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to low carb eating and after hours and hours of research I've decided to follow Mark Sisson's primal eating plan. I'm hoping to lose around 30lbs and to have better health-right now I have low energy/lethargic, bad skin, and just had a glucose test taken due to sugar numbers being elevated (thankfully the test came back normal, but it was a wake up call since so many of my family members are diabetic).

So, I've read Mark's book and I've done a lot of browsing on Mark's Daily Apple. Starting out I'm going to work on making small changes instead of going hard core right off the start. I think this will make it easier for me to stick with it. Over the next few days I'm working on keeping my carb load under 80 grams, remove almost all grains from my diet, up the veggies big time, cut back on diet soda, and drink more water.

Can't wait to meet other members who are following the primal/paleo diet
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Welcome, Mom23kids! I think I welcomed you over on Active LowCarbers, too! Like I said over there, I'm 2 months in and enjoying this so far. I did two back-to-back Whole30 Day challenges and in the last 30 days, gained 2#, so I won't be eating quite as much fruit from here on out. Clearly I'm sensitive to the natural fructose. But I can do this program, having been on Atkins 3 years now. You can do this too, and I think your idea of eliminating certain things first is a good way to "test the waters". Let us know how it is going for you along the way.

Peggy

Last edited by buttoni; 10-13-2012 at 05:10 PM..
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
Welcome, Mom23kids! I think I welcomed you over on Active LowCarbers, too! Like I said over there, I'm 2 months in and enjoying this so far. I did two back-to-back Whole30 Day challenges and in the last 30 days, gained 2#, so I won't be eating quite as much fruit from here on out. Clearly I'm sensitive to the natural fructose. But I can do this program, having been on Atkins 3 years now. You can do this too, and I think your idea of eliminating certain things first is a good way to "test the waters". Let us know how it is going for you along the way.

Peggy
Thanks for the (second) welcome I figure joining two groups for support/motivation can't hurt lol. I'm really excited to get into primal eating. Weekends will be the hardest since we're away from home/my kitchen a lot, but I'm going to try my best and then really focus on eating primal during the week.
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KittyMcKnitty
Stats: >165/135/120
WOE: Paleo
Welcome! I used to have bad skin, and eliminating grains cleared it up very quickly for good. I love Mark's Daily Apple.
KittyMcKnitty is offline   Reply With Quote