Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
I've started the Paleo Diet

I've been thinking about switching to Paleo for over a year, but just didn't know if I could give up my beloved dairy. Or my artificial sweeteners. I started a Whole30 challenge on August 16th and haven't found it as difficult as even Atkins Induction or JUDDD were for me. No headaches, no cravings, and if hunger occurs, it's around 7-8pm, when my eating window closes. But so far, I think I can manage this program, unless the rest of the month gets markedly more difficult. This detox/elimination 30 days will likely let me finally know once and for all if dairy or AS are problematic for me or not. Won't be able to have desserts as often on this program, but I can get real creative with fruits and berries, sweetened with small bits of maple syrup or molasses.

Not sure right now if I'll stick with Paleo or add back a bit of dairy and just go Primal. I'll have to wait and see what my findings are on dairy at the end of the month. I'm of American Indian ancestry, Cherokee, and native Americans have documented issues with dairy. Heck, as a baby, I spit up milk badly my mother told me. Never liked dairy much until well after college really. Still don't like it in large amounts, and don't like yogurt much at all unless it is drained of its whey.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot about how my body reacts to dairy and AS, flour and legumes. I had added all those things back into my diet on the occasion. But I may learn that although I like them, they may not like me.

Anyhow.............I'm sure enjoying not having to log my food daily; sure enjoying exploring many new Paleo recipe sites.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
I've been thinking about switching to Paleo for over a year, but just didn't know if I could give up my beloved dairy. Or my artificial sweeteners. I started a Whole30 challenge on August 16th and haven't found it as difficult as even Atkins Induction or JUDDD were for me. No headaches, no cravings, and if hunger occurs, it's around 7-8pm, when my eating window closes. But so far, I think I can manage this program, unless the rest of the month gets markedly more difficult. This detox/elimination 30 days will likely let me finally know once and for all if dairy or AS are problematic for me or not. Won't be able to have desserts as often on this program, but I can get real creative with fruits and berries, sweetened with small bits of maple syrup or molasses.

Not sure right now if I'll stick with Paleo or add back a bit of dairy and just go Primal. I'll have to wait and see what my findings are on dairy at the end of the month. I'm of American Indian ancestry, Cherokee, and native Americans have documented issues with dairy. Heck, as a baby, I spit up milk badly my mother told me. Never liked dairy much until well after college really. Still don't like it in large amounts, and don't like yogurt much at all unless it is drained of its whey.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot about how my body reacts to dairy and AS, flour and legumes. I had added all those things back into my diet on the occasion. But I may learn that although I like them, they may not like me.

Anyhow.............I'm sure enjoying not having to log my food daily; sure enjoying exploring many new Paleo recipe sites.
So the French teacher is giving up la chezes too? We did it and lived to tell about it. Save for a 1/2 cup Swiss here and there in a frittata, we use goat cheese for replacement. Even works in the TexMex too. We use the almond milk, coconut milk, and just don't miss the gooey cheesy stuff. My goodness, we just didn't need all those extra calories either- I eyeball that every once in a while just to keep myself informed, as with the carbs. On a day to day basis I don't pay that much attention. We have found with this "diet" it is easier to eat out or when we have lots of functions and keep MDA in mind with the 80/20 suggestion.
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pas de fromage pour moi, non plus! Malheureusement. My family lived in Iran when I was age 10-12 and owing to the unrefrigerated meat markets I just couldn't stomach entering (the smell of raw hanging goat and lamb still lingers with me), I've not been able to eat anything lamb or goat since: meat, cheese or milk. It's why you never see lamb or goat recipes on my website.

I suspect I'll stick with Paleo rather than Primal, just because I'm an all or nothing kinda gal. 80/20 just seems like cheating 20% of the time to me. What can I say? I'm a purist. If I truly believe that certain foods are bad for me I totally give them up. I just read Wheat Belly last week. Guess I'm just gonna have to start experimenting with coconut and almond flour even more, Sooz. And just when I was starting to get fairly good with the CQ, Jen's mixes and oat fiber. SIGH Oh well, if I'm going to give up wheat/wheat by-products/grains, I have to give those baking ingredients up.

To be quite honest, I don't think I'll have a problem giving up grains myself. But my website readers want (and expect) a food blogger to post a variety of desserts and "breads" along with all those entree and veggie recipes. Hope my site traffic doesn't drop off while I'm getting more proficient at creating successful Paleo desserts. That's gonna take some some time for me. The notion of using small amounts of honey, maple syrup and molasses just seems so foreign to me after 3 years of Atkins.

Dessertstalker sure posts some nice looking Paleo desserts I've printed off throughout this past year. Tried a few of them and was pleased. So I KNOW there are good Paleo dessert and bread cooks out there.

Last edited by buttoni; 08-20-2012 at 05:11 PM..
Old 08-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
Hi Buttoni,

I've just started Paleo as well. I've given up the dairy and grains etc....gonna take me a minute to get of the AS but I have cut waaaaaaaay back. I'm down to like 2 pkts a day. Hopefully I'll be able to come off them all together within a month.

I used to do Atkins and what's funny is I'm so used to 20ish net carbs that my body just eats around that much. I really thought I was eating too many carbs but apparently not because Im in Ketosis and much happier on Paleo.

My Journal: Shantony's Journal to Wholeness

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Fred Devito

Mini Goal
230lbs by Jan. 31st
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:08 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm on DAY 6 of my Whole30 challenge and the AS has been the hardest to give up. Coffee, tea, flavored water with no sweet edge............well, suffice it to say, nothing I drink tastes right. So I'm just drinking plain water and nothing but. I guess the body eventually gets used to that, but it ain't gonna be easy for me. Haven't missed anything else; haven't been ravenous; haven't been snacking between meals or after dinner. This has been an easier for me than Atkins Induction or trying JUDDD was.

Not really sleeping much better yet, but we'll see how that goes. I'm sure we'll be successful at this, Shantony, but it will be a change that seems awkward for us at first.

Last edited by buttoni; 08-21-2012 at 04:12 AM..
Old 08-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
Pas de fromage pour moi, non plus! Malheureusement. My family lived in Iran when I was age 10-12 and owing to the unrefrigerated meat markets I just couldn't stomach entering (the smell of raw hanging goat and lamb still lingers with me), I've not been able to eat anything lamb or goat since: meat, cheese or milk. It's why you never see lamb or goat recipes on my website.

I suspect I'll stick with Paleo rather than Primal, just because I'm an all or nothing kinda gal. 80/20 just seems like cheating 20% of the time to me. What can I say? I'm a purist. If I truly believe that certain foods are bad for me I totally give them up. I just read Wheat Belly last week. Guess I'm just gonna have to start experimenting with coconut and almond flour even more, Sooz. And just when I was starting to get fairly good with the CQ, Jen's mixes and oat fiber. SIGH Oh well, if I'm going to give up wheat/wheat by-products/grains, I have to give those baking ingredients up.

To be quite honest, I don't think I'll have a problem giving up grains myself. But my website readers want (and expect) a food blogger to post a variety of desserts and "breads" along with all those entree and veggie recipes. Hope my site traffic doesn't drop off while I'm getting more proficient at creating successful Paleo desserts. That's gonna take some some time for me. The notion of using small amounts of honey, maple syrup and molasses just seems so foreign to me after 3 years of Atkins.

Dessertstalker sure posts some nice looking Paleo desserts I've printed off throughout this past year. Tried a few of them and was pleased. So I KNOW there are good Paleo dessert and bread cooks out there.
Yeah, I've gone back to stevia and gave up other AS. When I need something in a recipe I try the stevia. If it has more to do with texture (almond crust) I use the dates. And did use a speck of molasses in my BBQ sauce. Most of the time we are 100%, but if circumstances are such (birthday dinners, church dinners , etc) we just do the best we can. I don't see it as cheating- drinking a coke is cheating-BTW- haven't had one in years. I bought 70% chocolate instead of 73%, stuck with it and had to eat it. No cheat. Circumstances.

Love my book. Went through recipes last night one by one. Lots of good stuff.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Peggy if you're still allowing fruit, try adding some sliced strawberries, blackberries or pomegranite seeds to your water for a kick of sweet flavor. I chop 2 strawberries and add 2 slices of lemon to a 32oz bottle of ice cold water, give a good shake and drink that

Kiwi is really good, too, but it sets off cravings for me.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Dottie I'll have to try that suggestion. LOL...I feel like DUH...why didnt I think of that? All those flavoured waters.

Mamasooze its all about your life. Its how you choose to do it. If it works for you then I think you know your particular situation and I dont think there are paleo diet police.......or are there???......LOL....that'll come and get you. I am an advocate of Life time maintenance. What I can do for the rest of my life is that I probably will eat cake on birthdays until I decide it wasnt worth it or when we go to Paris I KNOW I have to have a croissant made from Paris or else for me I think what is the point? Its been on my bucket list for years. Right now Im on a type of induction so I am being pretty strict with myself so I can get the weight off. When I complete the mission then I can go fishin. :P
Old 08-22-2012, 03:46 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantony View Post
Dottie I'll have to try that suggestion. LOL...I feel like DUH...why didnt I think of that? All those flavoured waters.

Mamasooze its all about your life. Its how you choose to do it. If it works for you then I think you know your particular situation and I dont think there are paleo diet police.......or are there???......LOL....that'll come and get you. I am an advocate of Life time maintenance. What I can do for the rest of my life is that I probably will eat cake on birthdays until I decide it wasnt worth it or when we go to Paris I KNOW I have to have a croissant made from Paris or else for me I think what is the point? Its been on my bucket list for years. Right now Im on a type of induction so I am being pretty strict with myself so I can get the weight off. When I complete the mission then I can go fishin. :P
Yes, funny thing. I love to entertain and just the other day I had a shower at my house. The menu was about 80% paleo and would have been 100% if the MOB had not brought a 1/4 sheet cake and I served some flatbreads with goat cheese. Most everyone had both, but I didn't and nobody at that party knew (sans cake/flatbread) that what they had eaten was paleo. And everyone raved about the food. We eat as well as we can under certain circumstances and actually my intention was not to aim for a pure paleo menu, it's just that my brain and pantry (after a year)skew that way.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Peggy if you're still allowing fruit, try adding some sliced strawberries, blackberries or pomegranite seeds to your water for a kick of sweet flavor. I chop 2 strawberries and add 2 slices of lemon to a 32oz bottle of ice cold water, give a good shake and drink that

Kiwi is really good, too, but it sets off cravings for me.
WHAT A GREAT IDEA, Dottie! Duh. Why didn't I think of that? Lemon and line squeezed in there was all I'd tried so far. I'll start dabbling with berries. That didn't sound good, did it? LOL
Old 08-31-2012, 06:58 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DAY 16 of my Whole30 and doing GREAT! This isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I feel pretty certain I'm losing, as my tummy is getting flatter, but won't know until the end of the 30 days. I'm not even missing the artificial sweetener or dairy anymore, though the first week not having cream in my coffee was a hurdle. I'm over that hurdle now. Hoping I can cut out most dairy for good, now that I'm getting more creative with coconut milk and mayo sauces.

I'll just have to wait and see how the scale rewards me (IF it does at all) when I get on it again in mid-september.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I'm on Day 23 of my Whoe30 Challenge. I think I'm gonna make it. Then I guess I'm gonna have to decide if it's to be Primal, allowing occasional/limited dairy and a wee bit of wine for cooking sauces, or whether it'll be pure Paleo for me. Tough decision, really.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #13
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
How do you like it and how's your clothes fitting?
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I like it so far, Kerry. Not very different from how I' was eating, just switching to coconut mil and almond milk where I was using HWC.

I can't see any difference in my clothes and I may not be losing any weight. But I'm in it for health, not weight loss. If I lose anything, that would be nice, but that's not my main priority in switching to Paleo/Primal. I want to get the AS monkey off my back. I'm still wishing I could have sweetener in my coffee, but can't on Whole30 right now. I'm not missing the dairy, Carbquick or grain/grain products. 7 more days.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #15
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
Way to go!
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

I've been using the coconut milk this week and its been heaven. I'm worried that its throwing my Omega 6 to Omega 3 balance off though. MMMMM creaminess...I missed it. LOL Only lost 6lbs this month. That's the norm for me. Seems like I am gonna have to settle in for the long haul and no big whooshes this time around.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'll use the proper oils (olive, coconut, palm and flax) to try and keep my Omegas in proper balance, but I'm just not going to worry about my coconut milk and coconut cream. When I want a creamy sauce, I just won't hesitate to use them. I'm not willing to be EXTREME with any diet.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm on DAY 26 of my Whole30 Challenge. It'll be over Friday. Can't believe I got through it without having a Diet Coke with Splenda! No dairy and no sweeteners either. Amazing. I think I needed to eliminate those things.

Hopefully, I can decide if it's going to be Primal Blueprint or pure Paleo, but I'm leaning towards Primal Blueprint right now. I'd like to have the occasional bit of cheese when I cook/eat Mexican food. I think I can give up all other dairy as I have never been real big on dairy anyway.

My first grass-fed beef order arrives Sept. 22nd. I'm looking forward to testing those waters. If we like it, I may order some of his goat, lamb, pork and bacon next order.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Location: Belize, Central America but I am from Helena, Alabama
Gallery: dbglasgow
Stats: 170/165/145 5'8"
WOE: Low Carb/Yeast Free/Clean eating
Start Date: July 2009/re-start July 2012
Yeast free to Paleo

I've been doing low carb for many years, In July I went on a Candida diet because of a lot of issues with yeast. I've been doing lots of reading about eating clean, eating natural unprocessed foods, which is what I've been doing. For some reason I thought "Paleo" was a caveman diet of only meat... not sure where I got that idea but through all of my readings on the Internet, I've discovered that I've basically been on the Paleo diet for almost 2 months... actually I've restricted my diet even more than is allowed on the Paleo diet. For two months in addition to eating a typical low carb diet, I've eliminated all dairy, including all cheeses. I've eliminated all vinegar base items such as mayo, pickles, salad dressings, etc. I've also eliminated all nuts, seeds, legumes. Most of these were eliminated because they contain molds or feed yeast in some way. I use only real butter and coconut oil, bacon fat for fats/oils. I haven't been eating any fruits other than a little lemon/lime juice in water or tea. I eliminated all AS except for pure stevia.

I'm looking at downloading some books for my Nook (Practical Paleo)... I am going to also look for some of those suggested on one of the Paleo threads.

I think it's time to join the Paleo boards here to learn more. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. My goal is "good balanced nutritional health" but weight loss is a bonus as well. I still need to lose 10 to 15 lbs.

Oh, I am still drinking a few coke zeros... so I'm working on getting rid of those.

July 2012: 170 lbs.
Current: 160/sz 10
Goal: 145/ sz 6
dbglasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Like you, DB, I realized that eating low-carb really wasn't much different than Paleo, and I'd been doing that for 3 years already. So transitioning to Paleo (or Primal) just seemed so easy to do. Cutting out the dairy wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Cutting out the AS in desserts and Diet Coke with Splenda was a lot harder (I knew it would be). But Friday will be the end of my Whole30 and I haven't had a single Coke in that month. I've found alternatatives for making cream sauces and am beginning to make breads and desserts without any grains with some success. I don't think I'll go pure Paleo, but right now think I'll stick with Primal Blueprint guidelines. Plan to rarely consume dairy, but may do cream in coffee still and the odd bit of cheese when I have Mexican food. That'll probably be all the dairy I re-introduce though, as I've always thought I might be dairy intolerant being of Native American heritage (Cherokee). I've read several places that Native Americans often have issues with dairy. As an infant, I threw up milk and disliked all dairy, even ice cream. Only began to eat dairy in high school and college, and only sparingly at that.

There are Paleo followers who only eat "caveman foods", but the Whole30 Foodee Project website and Chowstalker website would clearly indicate that eating "ordinary" with those ingredients couldn't be farther from the truth. One can get pretty creative with allowed ingredients.

I did the Candida protocol for a several months when I first stalled on Atkins (that was a couple years ago), but concluded that I did not have yeast issues. That regimen made absolutely no difference in my weight loss efforts and didn't make notable improvement is how I feel day to day.

You'll like Practical Paleo. I just bought it and read it cover to cover in 2 days. Great topic coverage; great recipes.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dang, just realized whey protein isn't allowed on the Whole30. Duh! It's dairy-based, Peggy. I ate it on 2 occasions. So I'm restarting my Whole30 today, officially. And I got on the scale and have gained 3#, so clearly, I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT eat higher carb fruit every single day. Guess my adventure to date taught me I'm that carb sensitive.

Oh well, it hasn't been difficult, but I want to see if I can do it 100%, not 99%, so the restart begins NOW!
Old 09-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just read in Practical Paleo that all dairy is insulinogenic, due to the lactose in it. But whey protein is THE MOST INSULINOGENIC dairy product out there! No wonder I gained 3# on my first Whole30 attempt!! Had trouble with a slight gain last year when I started having protein fruit shakes several times a week. So I'm reading the writing on the wall here. NO MORE PROTEIN POWDER FOR ME!! Not in shakes; not in recipes.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Buttoni--just one thing to think about. Many many paleo peeps find that their body composition changes with paleo. The three pounds you gained may be muscle. The whey and the fruit may or may not have caused fat gain. How are your clothes fitting?
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks so much for you valued input, Ouiz. I hadn't thought of that, but do remember reading that over on Mark Sisson's website. You just might be right. But it seems like my clothes are fitting the same as when I started: no looser, no tighter. So doing the Whole30 all over again this month, with little fruit and no whey might make a further difference. I'll just have to "wait and see". I'm not finding it at all hard to stick with the regimen. I've gotten quite used to coconut cream in my coffee now, without sweetener even.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I find I'm not so hungry on Paleo. Not really sure why.

Today, I didn't eat breakfast at all and never missed it. By 12:30, I didn't really even want the stir-fried cabbage I ate for lunch, but knew I should eat something. I do eat breakfast and lunch most days, but find I'm hot "hungry" for them as much as I was before.

I also find I'm not wanting a mid-afternoon or late evening snack much anymore either.

I'm not logging food and not weighing, as both are discouraged on a Whole30 Challenge. I'm on Day 5 of my Round2 Whole30. No issues yet. No downside yet.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back down to 160 today, so I'm real pleased. Now to just move on down my last 10#.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cabrioluvr
Stats: 18/12/6
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: 03/2000
Buttoni,

Even tho you're not logging food, can you give me just a taste of what you do eat on a day of Whole30? I'm thinking of starting it next week - but I also have yeast issues and can't have the vinegars, mustards, etc. that others may be able to eat.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.
cabrioluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gee, the one thing I've really changed is absolutely no breads (even LC versions) or baked sweets/pancakes/muffins or any foods that mimic the high-carb foods that get us into trouble over time. In other words, I'm eating whole foods only, fat and eggs. Let me see if I can give you a typical day, yesterday for example, here's what I ate:

B- 2 eggs scrambled in clarified butter, 2 sausage links made at a local Czech meat market that are made with no sugar, or 2 S/F bacon, or occasionally some piece of fruit.

L-Leftover brisket, gravy (or some leftover meat) and a small salad with EVOO/balsamic vinaigrette (or leftover green veggies)

D-A new Iraqee chicken-prune curry with a clarified butter sauteed banana with a serving of leftover cauliflower

S- a lovely sweet nectarine as I was really hungry right before bed, which doesn't happen very often nowadays

I never awake with hunger; don't get hungry between meals anymore; and rarely snack, and only on meat, fruit or a couple fat bombs if I do.

One exception for me is I make up the NK Fat Bombs and eat 1-2 on days I feel my fat intake is fairly low. I confess there is liquid stevia in them. I also add a little pure vanilla extract and sometimes I add 1/2 c. dessicated coconut to the basic recipe. I'm using the recipe on Rebecca Latham's LowCarbBetterHealth website. I don't think those are hurting me any.

I need to increase my greens intake a bit, and need to get to the store or farmer's market to stock up on veggies and greens, but have been sick with a bad sinus infection this week and just haven't felt like getting out.

I'm not fond of many veggies added to eggs (other than yellow or green onion), so I eat the most of my veggie/greens intake for lunch and dinner.

You can get a lot of recipe ideas on Chowstalker, Foodee, and many of the websites they connect you with. Some great Paleo cooks out there! I also recommend the Whole9 (what it used to be called) forums for answers to questions and general info/guidance. That's where I'm getting most of my basic information.

Last edited by buttoni; 09-19-2012 at 09:25 AM..
Old 09-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You might also be interested in the new Everyday Paleo book by Diane Sanfilippo that just came out. The first 2/3 of the book does a stellar job of explaining how we SHOULD eat (Paleo), why and the health benefits of doing so; the last 1/3 is a collection of wonderful Paleo recipes. But in the middle of the book, she has sections devoted to particular eating protocols and menus for them, like thyroid issues, yeast issues, fibromyalgia issues, blood sugar issues, autoimmune issues, cancer protocols, digestive issues, and so on. I'm finding it an invaluable tool to keep me eating the right things.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #30
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Buttoni, that sounds like a good book! I can get recipes anywhere but info for specific protocols is another thing! I will check it out.

I eat a few things not on the Paleo food plan but it seems to be closest to my WOE.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote