Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KyliesMom
Stats: 180/185/135
WOE: Atkins with eventual trans to Paleo
Start Date: 7/23/14
Whose still Paleo? Roll Call!

Whose still sticking to their Paleo? Roll Call

I'm back after a bit of a sabbatical lol
KyliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
Mememe, i'm still cave womaning it up
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:55 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PaleoRainy
Stats: 212/158/144
WOE: IF with carb cycling
Start Date: 24/09/08
I'm still paleo too...not sure for how long, I'd really really like to switch to atkins soon. The last few pounds just aren't going away with paleo.
PaleoRainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

You can eat low carb and paleo...
Old 07-04-2012, 04:00 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PaleoRainy
Stats: 212/158/144
WOE: IF with carb cycling
Start Date: 24/09/08
That's true!
PaleoRainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: girondet
Stats: Maintaining 125-128, 5'5"
WOE: Bernstein/paleo
Start Date: May 2009
I am except for coffee and chocolate.
girondet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: agentventi
WOE: Paleo
I am new!
agentventi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Welcome! I kind of wish this was a more active area. Maybe we can make it more so
Old 07-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: beachguy
Stats: 320/210/220
WOE: Starting Leptin Rx Nov 2011
Start Date: July 4, 2002
I am. Starting month 9. Recently starting eating a lot more fish. I try to have some every day even if it just 3 oz of smoked oysters.
beachguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Sometimes I fry them in coconut oil, after coating them in a mixture of egg, almond meal and flax meal. good on the half shell too in restaurants that serve them paleo. Hmmmm, missing the beach.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #11
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
I'm just starting!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

If you're like me you'll feel better than you ever have! Welcome!!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by girondet View Post
If you're like me you'll feel better than you ever have! Welcome!!!!
Thanks! I hope so!
I'm waiting on a book to come in . . . .
But from what I've read, eat as simply as possible with meat, veggies and fruit, right?
Old 07-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Yes, but fruit might need to be limited if you want to lose weight, and also to keep sugar low. A bit of starch in the form of sweet potato is preferred by some paleo experts over fruit. Still, even that is if you need it because you work out or expend a good amount of energy. Just sayin'....it's an individual thing how much you chose those....emphasis on natural, unprocessed, organic and pastured and no grains, at the least.

What book are you waiting for?
Old 07-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #15
Princess Proofreader

I'm waiting on The Paleo Solution and Wheat Belly.
We leave on vacation on Tuesday and I'm worried about being able to eat out easily.
How do you eat out at lunch?
Old 07-09-2012, 03:16 AM   #16
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

I order salads with grilled meat/fish and oil and vinegar.. Or a piece of meat and a veggie
Old 07-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #17
Princess Proofreader

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

I do the same as Kerry. If I have to get fast food I eat a bunless burger or sandwich without the bread. I might have to have two to eat enough. Some of their salads are not bad. It's difficult to be strictly paleo when eating out, but I do the best I can.

Those books are super in my opinion!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #19
Princess Proofreader

Great!!
I'll try to patiently wait . . . .
Old 07-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HeartBelly
Stats: 175/150/140
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: June 27, 2012
Paleo Newbie

Hi, I'm new and a Paleo. I followed Atkins 15 years ago and did not survive because of the artificial sweeteners and dairy. I love gooey chocolate cake and donuts. The low carb fake food substitutes will not get me through to success.
Paleo is for me and I find the Robb Wolf's The Paleo Solution on iTunes podcast helpful and informative. I listen to the podcasts while I walk my dog, clean house and prepare meals.
I read Gary Taubes Why we Get Fat and What to Do About It, Wheat Belly and Loren Cordain's The Paleo Answer. I find Robb Wolf's early pod casts aimed at diet and eating for health.The current podcasts are too involved physical training and weight lifters etc. I am too old for that. I am here because of heart disease and now Type 2 diabetes. Since starting the Paleo I feel great, have virtually no angina, and my sugars are normal. I can hardly wait to get my blood work done. Robb Wolf is all about science and you can't doubt his sincerity and knowledge.
HeartBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gladee88er
Stats: 240 / 173.1 / 165
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2011
I have lost 60 lbs. in the last 13 months or so following Atkins, and it's been good for me, but I'm slowly weening off dairy products, and trying to go full-blown Paleo. I purchased my first pound of organic butter recently, and am looking for local sources to buy grass-fed beef. My goal is to eat nothing but grass fed beef, free-range chicken and eggs, etc.

The only thing I won't eat is the organs, and all that other associated exotic stuff like brains and bull testicles, or whatever. If I can't be healthy eating regular grass-fed meat, zero grains and refined flours and sugar, and mostly organic, I'd rather die first,lol.

I do have some questions I'm going to start putting out there, so I at least wanted to start posting over here first. Glad to be here.
gladee88er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #22
Princess Proofreader

Hi!
Ask lots of questions - I'm new and learning too.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Still PP over here. Tried JUDD and failed miserably so hopped back to PP and it just happens to be lower carb. Not induction level but up to 50 carbs (mostly in the 30-40 range) and leaves me room for fresh summer fruits-strawberries, cantaloupe, peaches, blueberries-and a stray banana here and there. Cut out most dairy - use coconut milk - and got rid of all cheeses. We use goat cheese and a bit of blue, but the gooey stuff is gone, probably for good. I do make a homemade queso fresco for our TexMex dishes and I eat Greek Gods yogurt a few times a week. Mostly wheat-free, using coconut flour and almond meal for most everything. Dreamfields every once in a great while (2 oz. only) Grilling our meats, eating lots of fresh vegetables and salads and more salads. Yesterday I shredded a head of cauliflower to use for "rice" to have this week-making some quinoa to mix it with for a pilaf. And best of all- avocados in every form imaginable
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
I'm struggling right now eating clean (too many low carb tortillas and wraps out of convenience), and my PB fitness routine has all but evaporated despite recent efforts to get back on track, but still consider myself "semi-Primal"
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Hiya Speck

Started the silly season around here in May and just winding down now. Had lots of fresh veg and fruits from farmers market but church dinners, BBQ's, birthday, vacay, weddings, bday, graduations-- yikes. Every time I tried up day/down day it NEVER worked out. Threw in the towel after book club a few weeks ago where the apple pie parfaits and quesadillas flowed madly I came home actually sick as a dog. It was the push I needed. Three days later I was in ketosis and am now feeling better and sleeping (!!!!) more than four hours a night. Last night I slept nearly seven. Fell asleep during "Breaking Bad" I musta been exhausted or just feeling good.

Back in the saddle again. No harm, thank goodness--haven't gained but haven't lost. Just moving forward and feeling good.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Hi Mamazooze I know what you mean, about everything.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
I'm still paleo, mostly whole 30 although I don't clarify butter when I eat it. I am allowing myself 2 days/month for off plan foods (usually ends up as a glass or two of wine or other adult beverage)

I rarely count and I feel so much better this way. I did count yesterday out of curiosity after eating lots and lots of yummy in season fruit. I was just over 150g of carbs, but my calories were low.
My youngest DS has decided he really really likes my home made larabars as a snack. (half cup of pitted dates, 2 TBS of unsweetened unsulphured coconut flakes, 1 TBS of unsweetened dark cocoa powder, tiny bit of vanilla, pulse in the blender until its crumbly and then press into a bar on parchment paper and refrigerate, the recipe I adapted it from says its two servings, but it usually turns into one very carb dense snack)

Another good book that I just finished is "It Starts With Food" lots of good information on how/why this WOE works and is healthy.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeecups
I have done and will be doing more rounds of the RxhCG. Once I have my weight of completely it will be Paleo lifetime. In the meantime I am starting Paleo with my P4 part of the hCG program ... I actually must say that I feel MUCH better when I don't eat Starches or Sugars. I've pretty much stopped using Dairy, with the exception of a bit of cream cheese here and there. I don't use sugars except for a bit of stevia, but even then I tend to find that my shakes are sweet enough without adding any stevia. I've learned that the minute I eat anything with a sugar or starch I'm craving all the junk food. When I'm completely off of it, I could careless about junk food. It just isn't a temptation for me.

I am curious though how does one lose weight eating paleo style? I realize it will be slow, but that's okay with me. Is there a place where I can get a sample meal plan for weightloss?
coffeecups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
My menus tend to be pretty basic, the fruit day was an odd day. I do eat fruit and the occasional sweet potato, butternut squash, etc. but occasional is the key word. I also try to stay with local and in season. So, most of my fruit is coming from our local farmers market.
From what I have read most of the plans tell you to minimize consumption of fruit, nuts, and starchier veggies (like sweet potatoes, & butternut squash) to lose more quickly. I can easily eat too many nuts, so its easier to just not eat them at all.

There are some great websites out there for meal planning. I loosely followed the weekly menus posted on the clean eats in the zoo website when I started in Jan. there are some great recipe sites out there too.

Right now my menus tend to be something like below-
B-eggs w/ veggies (home made salsa fresca or a scramble) or left overs
L-left over grilled meat or ground beef or canned tuna with a salad or home made cole slaw, or other fresh (not hot) veggies
S-fresh strawberries with coconut milk
D-usually something grilled with a steamed, or grilled veggie on the side, or a stir fry of some sort. Although, last night was a tuna cake recipe (from the nom nom paleo ipad ap) on a bed of shredded cabbage.

In the winter time there are more casseroles, stews, curries, slow cooker meals etc. But its summer and its good to keep it simple.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydawne View Post
My menus tend to be pretty basic, the fruit day was an odd day. I do eat fruit and the occasional sweet potato, butternut squash, etc. but occasional is the key word. I also try to stay with local and in season. So, most of my fruit is coming from our local farmers market.
From what I have read most of the plans tell you to minimize consumption of fruit, nuts, and starchier veggies (like sweet potatoes, & butternut squash) to lose more quickly. I can easily eat too many nuts, so its easier to just not eat them at all.

There are some great websites out there for meal planning. I loosely followed the weekly menus posted on the clean eats in the zoo website when I started in Jan. there are some great recipe sites out there too.

Right now my menus tend to be something like below-
B-eggs w/ veggies (home made salsa fresca or a scramble) or left overs
L-left over grilled meat or ground beef or canned tuna with a salad or home made cole slaw, or other fresh (not hot) veggies
S-fresh strawberries with coconut milk
D-usually something grilled with a steamed, or grilled veggie on the side, or a stir fry of some sort. Although, last night was a tuna cake recipe (from the nom nom paleo ipad ap) on a bed of shredded cabbage.

In the winter time there are more casseroles, stews, curries, slow cooker meals etc. But its summer and its good to keep it simple.
Sounds like all my menus K. Did this exactly a year ago and lost about 20 lbs. gained back only a few these last few months because these summer fruit drinks ( I'm looking at you watermelon mojito ). Last year had sprained ankle and could not exercise so had to double down on the eating or, rather, not eating. I'm back in the mode now though and plan on getting in the 10,000 steps three times a week so should go a bit easier. My JUDD experiment was a total dud. I see it works for others but it set me back oh well. Onward!