Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cuthbert
Stats: 265/199/200
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: December 2010
I love my egg supplier!

I went to go get some eggs from a lady that lives about a half mile up the road. She was out back with a spoon and a bag of something she was flinging into the coop. Turns out she has a friend that is a caterer and she gets the leftovers. The bag was full of roast beef! Those chickens and ducks were in hog heaven! It both makes me laugh and get mad when I see the egg cartons in the supermarket that say their eggs come from chickens that were fed a 100% vegetarian diet. Since when are chickens vegetarians?!

Necessity is the mother of invention, but laziness is the father. <me>

You can lead a horse to water, but an enema may be required. <me>

If eating fat makes you fat, then what does eating fruit make you?
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamabear6
Stats: 145/140/120 (previously 175/115)
WOE: LC/VLC
Start Date: Forever ago and still going
That is great! I had never really considered before that chickens are omnivores, but when I thought about it they eat worms and other little critters. I was lucky enough to find someone nearby to buy eggs from (recently relocated to KY), a very nice old man! And his chickens are characters for sure. I look forward to every trip for eggs.
I can't stomach buying eggs from a supermarket, knowing how the chickens are treated in an industrial setting to produce the eggs on the supermarket shelf. I can't believe the conditions they are kept in, or the gross things they are fed. I refuse to use my money to support it.
Sounds like you've found a keeper there!
mamabear6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #3
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/161/130
WOE: lchf/paleo/primal/keto
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuthbert View Post
I went to go get some eggs from a lady that lives about a half mile up the road. She was out back with a spoon and a bag of something she was flinging into the coop. Turns out she has a friend that is a caterer and she gets the leftovers. The bag was full of roast beef! Those chickens and ducks were in hog heaven! It both makes me laugh and get mad when I see the egg cartons in the supermarket that say their eggs come from chickens that were fed a 100% vegetarian diet. Since when are chickens vegetarians?!
I hate that too!
The funny thing is when BEEF says its vegetarians.. I never in my life imagined a cow eating an animal...
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HypoGirl
WOE: Paleo Diet
Start Date: 9/19/2011
This is a great idea. I live in Florida, surely someone near me must raise chickens. I buy a TON of omega 3 eggs, would love to buy them local!
HypoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote