Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   Not Budging and getting mad now! My Food Log (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/768397-not-budging-getting-mad-now-my-food-log.html)

KyliesMom 04-19-2012 05:31 AM

Not Budging and getting mad now! My Food Log

OK My wieght is NOT budging this week at all! and I am getting mad so I am creating a food log and looking to some of the more experienced to help me out! so here goes:

Yesterday4/18/12:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil - 1 piece of HM(homemade) sausage - just pork and spices - Black coffee - Seltzer

Snack: 2 meat sticks - Green Tea

Lunch: Plain grilled chicken breast and Yellow squash with spices - Plain Seltzer

Snack: Zero Vitamin water - Lemonaid ( Sweetend with Stevia)

Dinner: burger w/ avocado and pickles ( I LOVE PICKLES - Not sure if they are Paleo or not) - Seltzer

I will post today's later....

Calories: 1,399

Fat 91 G Carbs 74g Protein 103 g

Tuesday 4/17/12

Breakfast: 3 slice of bacon - 2 eggs cooked in bacon fat - seltzer and black coffee

Snack - Yellow Squash with Ghee and Spices

Lunch - tavern ham (4 slices) avocado

Dinner - Sliced beef, cauliflower

*** I did cheat and have a coke***

Calories: 1417

Fat 57 g Carbs 150g Protein 67 g

I will post today later....

HELP I don't think it's because of that little cheat is it?:dunno: I think I need to change things up but I need help with my menu's and planning.... I use to be so good at this.... URGGG

LowCarbWannabe 04-19-2012 04:09 PM

I'm a newbie to Primal so I looked in my Primal Blueprint book for answers. It has a weight loss sweet spot of 50 to 100 grams of carbs per day. Since you went over 100 grams of carbs on Tuesday, this might be the reason why you haven't lost. The 100 to 150 grams of carbs is considered the weight maintenance zone, and anything over 150 grams of carbs is considered "Insidious Weight Gain".

KyliesMom 04-19-2012 04:41 PM

Ok we will see what tomorrow morning brings... Thanks:shake:

Speck333 04-20-2012 04:36 PM

Maybe you're not eating enough calorie-wise. As counter-intuitive as it is, you can stall by not eating enough. Of course, the stall should be short-lived if you keep it up, but I don't recommend it.

thomasina838 04-24-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyliesMom (Post 15592926)
OK My wieght is NOT budging this week at all! and I am getting mad so I am creating a food log and looking to some of the more experienced to help me out! so here goes:

Yesterday4/18/12:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil - 1 piece of HM(homemade) sausage - just pork and spices - Black coffee - Seltzer

Snack: 2 meat sticks - Green Tea

Lunch: Plain grilled chicken breast and Yellow squash with spices - Plain Seltzer

Snack: Zero Vitamin water - Lemonaid ( Sweetend with Stevia)

Dinner: burger w/ avocado and pickles ( I LOVE PICKLES - Not sure if they are Paleo or not) - Seltzer

I will post today's later....

Calories: 1,399

Fat 91 G Carbs 74g Protein 103 g

Tuesday 4/17/12

Breakfast: 3 slice of bacon - 2 eggs cooked in bacon fat - seltzer and black coffee

Snack - Yellow Squash with Ghee and Spices

Lunch - tavern ham (4 slices) avocado

Dinner - Sliced beef, cauliflower

*** I did cheat and have a coke***

Calories: 1417

Fat 57 g Carbs 150g Protein 67 g

I will post today later....

HELP I don't think it's because of that little cheat is it?:dunno: I think I need to change things up but I need help with my menu's and planning.... I use to be so good at this.... URGGG

i hope you dont mean a regular coke with sugar. but aside from that you could try maybe 3 days of high protein, low carb and low fat. that is from Dukan i think i might try it myself occasionally. even though i like the paleo approach that includes fat.

juliekaboolie 04-28-2012 10:22 PM

hey there! Seems like too many carbs for me. Are you exercising? That'll help use up some of those carbs and stabilize your insulin (fat storage) to get things moving. Some people need less carbs than what Mark Sisson suggests. Try keeping it at 40-50, no sugar, no artificial sweetners and see if the scale moves in a few days. I, personally, could not eat as many carbs as you are posting. If you are hungry, try eating more protein. Your fat intake looks great. I would not do high protein/low fat because I have read that it is hard on your kidneys.