Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KyliesMom
Stats: 180/185/135
WOE: Atkins with eventual trans to Paleo
Start Date: 7/23/14
Curious.. what is the differences

What is the differences between..... Primal, Paleo and Caveman?

If Primal allows dairy... I may have to change my woe
KyliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KyliesMom
Stats: 180/185/135
WOE: Atkins with eventual trans to Paleo
Start Date: 7/23/14
41 view and no one can tell me???
KyliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: girondet
Stats: Maintaining 125-128, 5'5"
WOE: Bernstein/paleo
Start Date: May 2009
I'm one of the views, but don't know about caveman....I broke a long weight stall after letting dairy go though, so paleo is great for me. Also...lab work...inflammatory markers have gone down since no dairy.

I'll have to google caveman diet I guess..lol...hope it doesn't mean raw meat...cept for sashimi...tuna tartare...
girondet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rosaphile
Stats: 250/175/140
WOE: Primal low-carb
Start Date: December 2011
My understanding is that primal allows dairy and paleo does not. I think there is an article somewhere on Mark's Daily Apple about it. Not sure about "caveman." I do Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint way, with maybe even a bit more dairy, since I am not at all sensitive - I use HWC, full-fat yogurt, full-fat cheeses.
rosaphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Uggla
Stats: 255/173/140-135
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: Aug 2009
Some Paleo folks allow some natural dairy.
Uggla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: azger
Stats: 212/185/175
WOE: Organic Whole foods
Start Date: May 30, 2008
I don't think there is a one size fits all type of name for this way of eating from what I have been reading they are all pretty much interchangeable it seems that the Paleo word is the mainstream word behind the way of eating. However Paleo, Primal, Neanderthal, Cavman, Ancestral are all used to mean the same thing. When it comes down to specifics of a diet or website some have names, like the Primal Blueprint or Perfect Health Diet, and some just say, eating Paleo or eating Primal.
I think the basics are the same, like no grains, starches, sugars of any kind but each person/diet/website has little differences some are no dairy, while some say, cream and hard cheeses are good and others say all full fat dairy is good. One will say eat potatoes and others will say no. I don’t think they really fall under one name; like no dairy is primal, it’s just what each are calling themselves however it looks like Paleo is the term that is being accepted most widly.
azger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: azger
Stats: 212/185/175
WOE: Organic Whole foods
Start Date: May 30, 2008
I read 10ish different blogs weekly and they all have different names to this and I think we get caught up in naming things too much. They are basically the same with a different name and all of them are really just a guideline on what you should or shouldn't eat.

I'm going to rip this from "the Food Lovers' Primal Plate" blog

"Instead of trying to go down the decision-making paths of "WWCD" (What Would Cavemen Do?) we prefer a more intuitive approach to eating "Paleo." Some people call it Primal, some people call it Archevore, and some people just call it eating clean. Whatever name you give it, the worst thing you can do is try to cram it into a neat little box with hard lined boundaries and food definitions. Eating an ancestral diet is not one-size-fits-all"

There are so many different names on different blogs with a bunch of little nuances to the way they eat. The basics are the same and I think you should go strict if you’re trying to lose weight but experiment with things such as dairy and potatoes to see if you can or can't tolerate them.
azger is offline   Reply With Quote