Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 253.6/253.6/180 -- 5'11"
WOE: low carbin' it :)
Start Date: February 19, 2013
Day One of Primal :)

Hi everyone! First day back here & on the primal plan I did atkins when I was on here before, but feel this might be a more realistic lifestyle change. Also, I'm not a "Soon to be Mrs" anymore, but can't figure how to change it lol!)

My intro:
I'm 26, almost 27. I've been married a little over a year ... And have gained 40 lbs. Yes, 40. I know. I've been overweight my entire life and have a horrible history with dieting. I've started every single diet imaginable. Notice I say started This is the first time I'm losing it for the right reasons ... And with no timeline, although of course I'd like to look good in a wedding I'm standing in in June But, I'm ready to commit to this lifestyle. I'm a nanny for now ... thinking id goibg back to school this fall. We have a black lab puppy who keeps us busy! No children yet, but we are planning on starting to try this summer!

I look forward to getting to know you all!

*January Goal:*
0/750 minutes of exercise!
HealthyWifeForLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Welcome to primal its awesome.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GThorp
Stats: 6 ft tall, 162 lbs
WOE: Primal Diet
Start Date: 11/11/2011
Agreed, Primal is awesome. Since you've done atkins before, your body hopefully will have an easier time adjusting to fat as its fuel source. Don't stress about the weight loss; in fact, don't check the scale for at least a couple weeks. If you are constantly checking the scale, you're inducing stress upon yourself which can hinder weight loss.

Just take this one day at a time. If you slip up, so be it. No one is perfect. Focus on making the right food choices at least 80 percent of the time, and you are well on your way to not only feeling better but looking better as well.
GThorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:43 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBeMrsV View Post
Hi everyone! First day back here & on the primal plan I did atkins when I was on here before, but feel this might be a more realistic lifestyle change. Also, I'm not a "Soon to be Mrs" anymore, but can't figure how to change it lol!)
My intro:
I'm 26, almost 27. I've been married a little over a year ... And have gained 40 lbs. Yes, 40. I know. I've been overweight my entire life and have a horrible history with dieting. I've started every single diet imaginable. Notice I say started This is the first time I'm losing it for the right reasons ... And with no timeline, although of course I'd like to look good in a wedding I'm standing in in June But, I'm ready to commit to this lifestyle. I'm a nanny for now ... thinking id goibg back to school this fall. We have a black lab puppy who keeps us busy! No children yet, but we are planning on starting to try this summer!

PM an admin and they can change your name for you.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Mrs.V - I just started eating primal at the beginning of the year, and I'm really enjoying it. The food is tasty, I feel great and, although I'm losing at a snail's pace, I'm still losing a little. I lost the bulk of my weight on Atkins, but I'm planning to reach goal and maintain on Primal.

Looking forward to getting to know you, too, and seeing your successes!
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:09 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:

My intro:

How are you doing on this? Any way we can help you?
mamasooze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:55 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 253.6/253.6/180 -- 5'11"
WOE: low carbin' it :)
Start Date: February 19, 2013
I'm doing ok on it, but actually noticing I'm doing something closer to Atkins that resembles Primal ... Lol. I'm eating real, clean foods. I've had a hard time getting away from the counting carbs mentality. Anyone else deal with this? I've got a lot if weight to lose, so its tempting to stick eith Atkins, but I do feel better when I'm combining the plans.
HealthyWifeForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:30 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:
I'm doing ok on it, but actually noticing I'm doing something closer to Atkins that resembles Primal ... Lol. I'm eating real, clean foods. I've had a hard time getting away from the counting carbs mentality. Anyone else deal with this? I've got a lot if weight to lose, so its tempting to stick eith Atkins, but I do feel better when I'm combining the plans.
Yes, I still have a LC "sensibility". Example: I don't go nuts if a recipe calls for 1 T. of honey. I may use the honey, but more inclined to use palm sugar (lower glycemic) or may leave it out altogether

If you're eating clean don't worry about it. Real food can't be beat.
mamasooze is online now   Reply With Quote