Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   Day One of Primal :) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/755497-day-one-primal.html)

HealthyWifeForLife 01-30-2012 07:12 AM

Day One of Primal :)

Hi everyone! First day back here & on the primal plan :) I did atkins when I was on here before, but feel this might be a more realistic lifestyle change. Also, I'm not a "Soon to be Mrs" anymore, but can't figure how to change it lol!)

My intro:
I'm 26, almost 27. I've been married a little over a year ... And have gained 40 lbs. Yes, 40. I know. I've been overweight my entire life and have a horrible history with dieting. I've started every single diet imaginable. Notice I say started ;) This is the first time I'm losing it for the right reasons ... And with no timeline, although of course I'd like to look good in a wedding I'm standing in in June ;) But, I'm ready to commit to this lifestyle. I'm a nanny for now ... thinking id goibg back to school this fall. We have a black lab puppy who keeps us busy! No children yet, but we are planning on starting to try this summer!

I look forward to getting to know you all!

dasiey 01-30-2012 06:21 PM

Welcome to primal its awesome.

GThorp 01-31-2012 07:53 AM

Agreed, Primal is awesome. Since you've done atkins before, your body hopefully will have an easier time adjusting to fat as its fuel source. Don't stress about the weight loss; in fact, don't check the scale for at least a couple weeks. If you are constantly checking the scale, you're inducing stress upon yourself which can hinder weight loss.

Just take this one day at a time. If you slip up, so be it. No one is perfect. Focus on making the right food choices at least 80 percent of the time, and you are well on your way to not only feeling better but looking better as well.

Doug_H 02-02-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonToBeMrsV (Post 15373101)
Hi everyone! First day back here & on the primal plan :) I did atkins when I was on here before, but feel this might be a more realistic lifestyle change. Also, I'm not a "Soon to be Mrs" anymore, but can't figure how to change it lol!)
My intro:
I'm 26, almost 27. I've been married a little over a year ... And have gained 40 lbs. Yes, 40. I know. I've been overweight my entire life and have a horrible history with dieting. I've started every single diet imaginable. Notice I say started ;) This is the first time I'm losing it for the right reasons ... And with no timeline, although of course I'd like to look good in a wedding I'm standing in in June ;) But, I'm ready to commit to this lifestyle. I'm a nanny for now ... thinking id goibg back to school this fall. We have a black lab puppy who keeps us busy! No children yet, but we are planning on starting to try this summer!

PM an admin and they can change your name for you.

Doug

Maryo 02-05-2012 07:22 PM

Mrs.V - I just started eating primal at the beginning of the year, and I'm really enjoying it. The food is tasty, I feel great and, although I'm losing at a snail's pace, I'm still losing a little. I lost the bulk of my weight on Atkins, but I'm planning to reach goal and maintain on Primal.

Looking forward to getting to know you, too, and seeing your successes!

mamasooze 02-10-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonToBeMrsV (Post 15373101)

My intro:

How are you doing on this? Any way we can help you? :hugs:

HealthyWifeForLife 02-15-2012 04:55 AM

I'm doing ok on it, but actually noticing I'm doing something closer to Atkins that resembles Primal ... Lol. I'm eating real, clean foods. I've had a hard time getting away from the counting carbs mentality. Anyone else deal with this? I've got a lot if weight to lose, so its tempting to stick eith Atkins, but I do feel better when I'm combining the plans.

mamasooze 02-15-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonToBeMrsV (Post 15418004)
I'm doing ok on it, but actually noticing I'm doing something closer to Atkins that resembles Primal ... Lol. I'm eating real, clean foods. I've had a hard time getting away from the counting carbs mentality. Anyone else deal with this? I've got a lot if weight to lose, so its tempting to stick eith Atkins, but I do feel better when I'm combining the plans.

Yes, I still have a LC "sensibility". Example: I don't go nuts if a recipe calls for 1 T. of honey. I may use the honey, but more inclined to use palm sugar (lower glycemic) or may leave it out altogether :dunno:

If you're eating clean don't worry about it. Real food can't be beat.