Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Going well!

Mamasooze - make sure you let the stock cool completely before you store it. I've heard it can sour if you put it away hot or warm. How do you like the macadamia nut oil? I've seen it at Sprouts, and it cost so much, I didn't want to risk it being blah.
I let it cool on the counter before I put it in the fridge. I think I'm going to go warm some up and take a sip. Glad you told me that so I'll be aware in the future. I got the mac oil online. I know which one you are talking about $ $ I got one much cheaper. Look around. *Netrition carries a reasonably priced brand* I like it a lot--a very light and neutral flavor. Great on salads.
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
That sounds really good! I think a pressure cooker is going on my birthday list. Is there a particular brand/size that you would recommend?
I got the electric one on a shopping channel. I think they are all about the same--same maker, just a different name. Mine is maybe 4-5 quart, has a high and low pressure as well as a slow cook. Best parts are automatic shut off and it's whisper quiet. It's hard to screw up anything in it.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
I think I asked before but do you count cals on UDs??

Thats awesome primal+JUDDD is going well and that you are almost to goal!!

Today is going well for me(so far!)
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #154
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasooze View Post
I let it cool on the counter before I put it in the fridge. I think I'm going to go warm some up and take a sip. Glad you told me that so I'll be aware in the future. I got the mac oil online. I know which one you are talking about $ $ I got one much cheaper. Look around. *Netrition carries a reasonably priced brand* I like it a lot--a very light and neutral flavor. Great on salads.
Sooze, I love bone broth. I make it regularly and freeze in canning jars to avoid plastic leeching into it. I just heat it up, add some chopped up scallions, vinegar, hot sauce, and voila - hot and sour soup. Sometimes I add an egg for egg drop soup. Comes out really delicious.

My dog, who is 10 already, has been getting more and more broth lately, too. She loves it and I feel it really helps keep her healthy. I am trying to get her away from store-bought dog food which is full of odd stuff and lots of wheat and corn products, and into eating the way dogs are naturally meant to eat - bones, meat, etc. She adores raw eggs and I try to crack at least one per day (organic) in her food bowl. She also loves raw cauliflower and oranges for some reason, and I allow her to eat them - I figure it is some kind of deficiency she is making up for. So, my Vanilla will soon be a fully Primal dog!

On another note, I bought some avocado oil online, but I can't say I'm crazy about the flavor. I thought it would make a very complimentary part of my salad dressing, but it didn't Next on the list to try - hazelnut oil. I remember buying walnut oil before but it tasted a bit rancid .... Don't know why, these are supposed to keep for quite a while.....Glad to hear macadamia oil tastes good.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
I don't count cals. on uds. and I am still losing well.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #156
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
My 12 year old got a soda stream for Christmas. She makes all kinds of disgustingly sweet concoctions, but I'm loving that thing for just carbonating some tap water. I like drinking it better that way, or maybe with a little fresh lemon juice squeezed into it.
Yes! I like to use the fruit essence they have for it. Sometimes fizzy water is so much more refreshing than plain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasooze View Post
Good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
I think I asked before but do you count cals on UDs??

Thats awesome primal+JUDDD is going well and that you are almost to goal!!

Today is going well for me(so far!)
Glad you're doing well today! I don't usually count on my UDs anymore, I know from experience what my intake is. And I know you're talking to Dasiey because I am far from goal! lol
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Sooze, I love bone broth. I make it regularly and freeze in canning jars to avoid plastic leeching into it. I just heat it up, add some chopped up scallions, vinegar, hot sauce, and voila - hot and sour soup. Sometimes I add an egg for egg drop soup. Comes out really delicious.

My dog, who is 10 already, has been getting more and more broth lately, too. She loves it and I feel it really helps keep her healthy. I am trying to get her away from store-bought dog food which is full of odd stuff and lots of wheat and corn products, and into eating the way dogs are naturally meant to eat - bones, meat, etc. She adores raw eggs and I try to crack at least one per day (organic) in her food bowl. She also loves raw cauliflower and oranges for some reason, and I allow her to eat them - I figure it is some kind of deficiency she is making up for. So, my Vanilla will soon be a fully Primal dog!

On another note, I bought some avocado oil online, but I can't say I'm crazy about the flavor. I thought it would make a very complimentary part of my salad dressing, but it didn't Next on the list to try - hazelnut oil. I remember buying walnut oil before but it tasted a bit rancid .... Don't know why, these are supposed to keep for quite a while.....Glad to hear macadamia oil tastes good.
I had a small mug of my broth and it was delish! Might make that an afternoon habit.

Yeah--the whole bone thing with dogs-"Oh you mustn't give them bones. They splinter and it will KILL them." Huh? I had a beagle who could swallow a turkey thigh bone whole and not even burp She lived to be 13 YO. My not-so-primal Lhasa ate popcorn and ice cream. He lived to be almost 16 but he could eat a chicken bone in about 3 seconds flat.

Avocado oil is ok...high smoke point. And I have the hazelnut oil. I like it especially with my salads that contain fruit--apples, peaches, etc. And good with sweet potatoes. A little bit goes a long way. Same with the walnut oil. And I keep all my oils in the fridge just to be on the safe side.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
My walnut oil says "refrigerate after opening" on the bottle. I've heard it goes rancid pretty quickly at room temperature. I don't go through oil fast enough to let it sit in the pantry.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

I made it..Day 1, done!
Old 01-17-2012, 04:04 AM   #160

Quote:
I made it..Day 1, done!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:00 AM   #161
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Betty you can do it one day at a time
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I made it..Day 1, done!
Good Gurl!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Pretty good day even though I went out to lunch with friends to a Mexican restaurant.

B-Green smoothie, no coffee cuz I woke up late
S-none
L-salad with grilled chicken, avocado, tomatoes and peppers with oil and vinegar dressing, iced tea
S-1/2 cup Greek yogurt with walnuts and 1 packet stevia
D-Roasted chicken, wilted greens from my garden and leftover Brussels sprouts

May indulge in a single 'tini and have an extra slab o' chicken....pickin' that carcass clean tomorrow and making some more stock.

Hope everyone else is doing well
Old 01-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Day 2 in the bag

Old 01-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Day 2 in the bag

Awesome. It gets easier....
Old 01-18-2012, 05:06 AM   #166
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dlebbin
Stats: 210/199.7/140
WOE: Primal
Start Date: October 1st, 2011
Good Morning! I Was wondering if I could join your group. Ive been somewhat following PB since about Oct 2011. I feel so much better on this WOE. Let me know on joining. I don't want to barge in uninvited.
dlebbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:53 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlebbin View Post
Good Morning! I Was wondering if I could join your group. Ive been somewhat following PB since about Oct 2011. I feel so much better on this WOE. Let me know on joining. I don't want to barge in uninvited.
Hi die!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rsmorales
Stats: 5'1'' 158
WOE: LCHF/Atkins/Primal
Start Date: November 26, 2013
Seeing steady losses, despite adding back Stevia/Erythritol!
rsmorales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #169
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Day 2 in the bag

That's great!

Quote:
Of course you can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmorales View Post
Seeing steady losses, despite adding back Stevia/Erythritol!
very cool!
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #170

Quote:
dlebin, we would love to have you here
Old 01-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Went to the park today and walked/jogged for 45 minutes. Broke a sweat. Looking at my schedule for the next week, I may be able to hit the trail at least 4 more days in the next week. Will get out the Kinect and play some golf or tennis

Menu today:
B-Green smoothie with blueberry/half of small banana/handful of spring greens/scoop designer whey,2 coffees with coconut milk
S-none
L-deviled eggs *4 halves*, wing and drumstick of juicy chicken from last night
S-nuts, I think
D-Asian beef soup-shredded beef ribs with my tasty bone broth, mushrooms, carrots, celery, cabbage, cilantro and something else (??? I'll think of it)
dessert-blackberries with whipped coconut cream-may stick it in the freezer for a while

Doing good...looks like everyone else is too
Old 01-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #172
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Everyone for the warm welcome! I have one downfall with my PB eating. I still drink my SF Hawaiian Punch. Man, I just like that little bit of sweet in my water. I do mix one tube of it in a liter of water (not 16.9 oz.). It's really watered down, but I know I still need to give it up. I also have my Full fat greek yogurt at night with berries and nuts. I'll have to try the whipped coconut milk. Do you just whip it like you do whipped cream?
Old 01-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks Everyone for the warm welcome! I have one downfall with my PB eating. I still drink my SF Hawaiian Punch. Man, I just like that little bit of sweet in my water. I do mix one tube of it in a liter of water (not 16.9 oz.). It's really watered down, but I know I still need to give it up. I also have my Full fat greek yogurt at night with berries and nuts. I'll have to try the whipped coconut milk. Do you just whip it like you do whipped cream?
Yes on the coconut milk. Put in fridge and open up and use that thick part on top. Thickness depends on the brand of coconut. Some come out thicker than others. Google it. I like cinnamon in mine
Old 01-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

what is it about the 3rd day that gets me?

caught myself with my hand in the granola jar more than once today(granola I made for the kids)

I guess there could be worse things?

right back on track.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #175
Junior LCF Member

Mmmmmmm....granola......I love granola mixed in with yogurt.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #176

It was cold outside, but I just deliberately spent 15 min. out on my back porch after work. It is one of my decisions for this year to spend time outdoors each day. Between work, commute, and house chores I rarely spend time outside. One of the hazards of modern city life, i guess. It is crazy how little i am in touch with nature. A tiny beginning, for sure, but still on the right path. Will help as one of the pillars to be less depressed as well as following the recommendations of PB.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 01-18-2012 at 03:09 PM..
Old 01-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #177

Sooze, great job on moving outdoors! Your menu for today looks delicious
Old 01-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Thinkin' about that "G" stuff

Quote:
Sooze, great job on moving outdoors! Your menu for today looks delicious
Hey E! And look at you having quiet time, just like MS says. And yes, you need that vitamin D. In Texas we get overdosed on it most of the year...but today was beautiful and the temp stayed cool. Grateful for it.

Beef soup is pretty good. Out of carrots so I peeled and cubed a bit of butternut squash to give it some color. I'm going to use the rest to make "fries" tomorrow night to go with our steak.

dlebbin! Put down that granola and slowly back away. Go to MDA website and get a paleo granola recipe there

Way to go Betty--Good girl. BUT...quit thinking' about that ... "G" word...granola
Old 01-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Quote:
It was cold outside, but I just deliberately spent 15 min. out on my back porch after work. It is one of my decisions for this year to spend time outdoors each day. Between work, commute, and house chores I rarely spend time outside. One of the hazards of modern city life, i guess. It is crazy how little i am in touch with nature. A tiny beginning, for sure, but still on the right path. Will help as one of the pillars to be less depressed as well as following the recommendations of PB.
That's ambitious. I'm not resolving to spend time outdoors every day until all chance of temperatures in the teens and below is gone. That's probably not until late April! We're expecting more snow tomorrow and unless I can catch a few rays through the windshield while sitting in my car with the heat blasting there will be no sun or nature for me.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

AF showed 3-4 days EARLY..

The carb monster is waiting to attack.

send.help.