Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!
 
dasiey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 6,005
Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
Eliza, I love your January goals. Mine are similar. I did 40 minutes on the elliptical machine today at a nice easy pace that kept my heart rate at about 65-70% of max. Unfortunately, there was no sun to be found here, so even if I was willing to go outside in the cold and wind, I wouldn't have had much luck with soaking up rays. I wish I lived in a warm climate!
Same here. Can tanning beds work in the winter?
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 54,361
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
I am so excited....I have finally found a local farm to purchase organic, grass-fed beef, soup bones, and organ meats! At a more reasonable price than I thought I would ever find.
that is wonderful!!!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 54,361
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
As for the grass-fed, I did research through a nation-wide online search engine for "green living". I live in TX and in a major metropolitan area, so it was not too difficult to find a couple of businesses. I found organic grass-fed hamburger and cube steak at $5/lb, soup bones at $6.50 lb, Primal ground beef (includes ground organ meats in witht he beef) for $4.99. After reading Deep Nutrition, I am very much into organ meats and bone broths now...

It is on the expensive side, and it's definitely a struggle to put the money aside for it. I am still cringing at the thought of buying it. Rest assured, I will not be ordering grass-fed ribeye at $30/lb, just the cheapest cuts I can find.

With the prices of beef going up in my local stores, I'm only about a dollar or so away per lb for the hamburger from regular feedlot beef. I've been considering it for many years and finally taking the plunge. Will be cutting on other items for cost containment and eating more soups with the family to make it last longer.
walmart hamburger here is 5 bucks a pound so i would say you found an awesome deal!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Speck333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,168
Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
just wanted to say Hi

This thread seems to be more active..

Speck- how is JUDDD/primal working for ya so far?

I wanted to get back into..but am not interested in counting cals on UDs(shhhh)


I wanted to stay true to eating intuitively but I can see the need for monitoring cals on DDs and surely on UDs if no body changes are occurring.
So far so good, but I was very sloppy the last month. I never count my calories on up days anymore. I know when I screw up, I don't need ********* to tell me. When I eat low carb/Primal, I hit my up day 1500 cal target easily and naturally, so there is no need for me to count anymore. It's only when I incorporate carbs that I lose control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
Eating farm raised animals isn't going to happen right away for us..not until we can save our pennies!
How do you all feel about the 'natural,' options in places like Costco?

I saw a 3lb pack of hamburger(for ex) for 10.99..not bad!

For now we are enjoying our Deer from Thanksgiving..I think it might last til Spring!
I buy almost all of our meat at Costco. For now in my Primal transition, I cannot afford, either in time or money, to hunt down all the organic and grass fed food. I don't know how much more "natural" Costco's sourcing is for meat, but the quality for the price is light years ahead of the grocery store, much less Wal Mart. I wouldn't eat Wal Mart meat if someone paid me to, (sorry if this is someone's only option, don't mean to offend).
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 54,361
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
So far so good, but I was very sloppy the last month. I never count my calories on up days anymore. I know when I screw up, I don't need ********* to tell me. When I eat low carb/Primal, I hit my up day 1500 cal target easily and naturally, so there is no need for me to count anymore. It's only when I incorporate carbs that I lose control.


I buy almost all of our meat at Costco. For now in my Primal transition, I cannot afford, either in time or money, to hunt down all the organic and grass fed food. I don't know how much more "natural" Costco's sourcing is for meat, but the quality for the price is light years ahead of the grocery store, much less Wal Mart. I wouldn't eat Wal Mart meat if someone paid me to, (sorry if this is someone's only option, don't mean to offend).
yeah walmart and savalot are my only options except for the once month or fewer times i can take a trip to sam's 65 miles away and i agree about their meats UGH but if things go smooth Friday with my Dhs VA audiology appt then we might have time to stop at sam's
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!
 
mamasooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 1,097
Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Glad to see this thread pop up

I have been following *** *Mark's Daily Apple* fairly closely for the last 6 months and have been dipping my toe in his pond (so to speak). Restarted low carb in July 2011 after a loooooong stall. Finally gave up the alcohol and the weight started coming off dramatically. I had started a walking regimen after being off for quite a while *I run/walk half marathons*. Put on those tone up shoes and promptly sprained my ankle. Was off my feet for a while, but was too hot here *in Texas* anyway for any kind of exertion and fall no better. Still, following the Paleo/primal recipes, I was losing weight at a steady pace.

Was doing leptin reset without realizing it Getting up early with DH and doubling down on breakfast....that meal would hold until 2-3 in the afternoon. Had a shake and then ate dinner at 7pm--never later. Calorie intake less than 1400 and carbs held at 25 or so. Finally my 2 year stall was over. We also had given up grains completely and (oh yes!) CHEESE. We had been eating way too much and it was taking quite a chunk out of the food budget. The first two weeks were weird...not hard, just weird. Now we don't miss it. Goat cheese here and there in salads, a sprinkle of hard parmesan, but no melting cheeses at all. Have been phasing out dairy bit by bit and now make my own creamer for coffee--from coconut milk.

Our conversion is nearly complete. I use two drops of EZ Sweetz in my coffee but that will all end when bottle is empty which is pretty soon. Have been making switch to stevia. Used to use it and have no issues with it. We are making the switch to red wine (in moderation of course ). I have 3 of the CB and have had good luck with the recipes I tried. Strapping on the new and safer walking shoes and intend to do 45 minutes a day. Hoping to lose another 15-20 lbs and enjoy good health. Everybody here looks like they are ready to roll.....
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member
 
MouseGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 261
Gallery: MouseGal
Stats: 344/329.75/175
WOE: Primal
Start Date: January 2012
DH and I are just starting to eat Primal -- my experience with low-carb dates from 2005, when I lost 90 pounds in about 9 months. Got distracted by other health issues, and started eating junk again - I've gained it all back

Last August I was diagnosed with lupus, and my primary doc and rheumatologist have both been encouraging me to go back to low-carb, and cut sugars and artificial sweeteners in order to help with my weight and my symptoms.

We started yesterday - pretty much "cold turkey", which means I've had a migraine for 5 hours today...I knew that would probably happen -- so WHY do I ever eat junk, when I know I have to pay this price for it

I've been on *** frequently, and reading all the comments and posts in his forums....I do wonder about the exercise factor - I can't do much right now due to the joint pain.
__________________
I've walked this road before....I can do it again!
My avatar picture is from my last time around - 90 lbs down on Atkins....
MouseGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Speck333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,168
Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasooze View Post
Glad to see this thread pop up

I have been following *** *Mark's Daily Apple* fairly closely for the last 6 months and have been dipping my toe in his pond (so to speak). Restarted low carb in July 2011 after a loooooong stall. Finally gave up the alcohol and the weight started coming off dramatically. I had started a walking regimen after being off for quite a while *I run/walk half marathons*. Put on those tone up shoes and promptly sprained my ankle. Was off my feet for a while, but was too hot here *in Texas* anyway for any kind of exertion and fall no better. Still, following the Paleo/primal recipes, I was losing weight at a steady pace.

Was doing leptin reset without realizing it Getting up early with DH and doubling down on breakfast....that meal would hold until 2-3 in the afternoon. Had a shake and then ate dinner at 7pm--never later. Calorie intake less than 1400 and carbs held at 25 or so. Finally my 2 year stall was over. We also had given up grains completely and (oh yes!) CHEESE. We had been eating way too much and it was taking quite a chunk out of the food budget. The first two weeks were weird...not hard, just weird. Now we don't miss it. Goat cheese here and there in salads, a sprinkle of hard parmesan, but no melting cheeses at all. Have been phasing out dairy bit by bit and now make my own creamer for coffee--from coconut milk.

Our conversion is nearly complete. I use two drops of EZ Sweetz in my coffee but that will all end when bottle is empty which is pretty soon. Have been making switch to stevia. Used to use it and have no issues with it. We are making the switch to red wine (in moderation of course ). I have 3 of the CB and have had good luck with the recipes I tried. Strapping on the new and safer walking shoes and intend to do 45 minutes a day. Hoping to lose another 15-20 lbs and enjoy good health. Everybody here looks like they are ready to roll.....
Awesome! Have you considered doing your walks/runs barefoot? Or minimally shod?
Good job on the transitioning. I don't eat near as much cheese as I used to, can go days without eating any of it. But when I want some cheese, man, life is just not worth living without cheese! lol
I thought alcohol was a problem for me, too. But even after cutting it out my stall continued. I *wish* that was the answer for me! I'm also working on moving away from sucralose (Splenda). I use more erythritol and am working on half stevia/ez sweetz in my coffee now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseGal View Post
DH and I are just starting to eat Primal -- my experience with low-carb dates from 2005, when I lost 90 pounds in about 9 months. Got distracted by other health issues, and started eating junk again - I've gained it all back

Last August I was diagnosed with lupus, and my primary doc and rheumatologist have both been encouraging me to go back to low-carb, and cut sugars and artificial sweeteners in order to help with my weight and my symptoms.

We started yesterday - pretty much "cold turkey", which means I've had a migraine for 5 hours today...I knew that would probably happen -- so WHY do I ever eat junk, when I know I have to pay this price for it

I've been on *** frequently, and reading all the comments and posts in his forums....I do wonder about the exercise factor - I can't do much right now due to the joint pain.
sorry to read of your lupis diagnosis. I just finished Wheat Belly, and he attributes many diseases and disorders to wheat consumption. I recommend you read that book if you need some convincing to get, and stay, low carb. That is great that your doctors support this woe. They are few and far between. Bummer about the migraines. I only get them when I'm eating crap. lol
I wouldn't worry about the exercise so much. Mark simply says to move (slowly) more often. From what I've read so far, PB recommends incorporating exercise into daily life, no need to set aside 30-60 minutes a day to exercise. Move more, lift heavy(ier) things, and do what you can while your health improves.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!
 
mamasooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 1,097
Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Awesome! Have you considered doing your walks/runs barefoot? Or minimally shod?
Good job on the transitioning. I don't eat near as much cheese as I used to, can go days without eating any of it. But when I want some cheese, man, life is just not worth living without cheese! lol
I thought alcohol was a problem for me, too. But even after cutting it out my stall continued. I *wish* that was the answer for me! I'm also working on moving away from sucralose (Splenda). I use more erythritol and am working on half stevia/ez sweetz in my coffee now.


Considered the minimally shod, but at this time I need to get back my bearings...wrapping the ankle loosely and getting over my fear of just even walking fast. It has turned on me once since the sprain so I decided I better not try anything new. As I gain more confidence I may try it later in the spring. Actually I think those Vibrams are kinda kool.
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!
 
beachguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southern VA
Posts: 1,286
Gallery: beachguy
Stats: 320/210/220
WOE: Starting Leptin Rx Nov 2011
Start Date: July 4, 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
As for the grass-fed, I did research through a nation-wide online search engine for "green living". I live in TX and in a major metropolitan area, so it was not too difficult to find a couple of businesses. I found organic grass-fed hamburger and cube steak at $5/lb, soup bones at $6.50 lb, Primal ground beef (includes ground organ meats in witht he beef) for $4.99. After reading Deep Nutrition, I am very much into organ meats and bone broths now...

It is on the expensive side, and it's definitely a struggle to put the money aside for it. I am still cringing at the thought of buying it. Rest assured, I will not be ordering grass-fed ribeye at $30/lb, just the cheapest cuts I can find.

With the prices of beef going up in my local stores, I'm only about a dollar or so away per lb for the hamburger from regular feedlot beef. I've been considering it for many years and finally taking the plunge. Will be cutting on other items for cost containment and eating more soups with the family to make it last longer.
I prefer the roasts to the steaks anyway. Plus I find I waste a lot less with grass-fed and I save any bones for making broth. Same with chicken.
beachguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,404
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
wow that is awesome
daisey !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasooze View Post

Considered the minimally shod, but at this time I need to get back my bearings...wrapping the ankle loosely and getting over my fear of just even walking fast. It has turned on me once since the sprain so I decided I better not try anything new. As I gain more confidence I may try it later in the spring. Actually I think those Vibrams are kinda kool.

mamasooze! You live in TX? I live in Fort Worth. Vibrams look cool, now some off-brands are beginning to show up. My only concern is, wouldn't they rub between one's toes? My feet are pretty sensitive and I hate blisters, especially between the toes.....
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #42
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,404
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachguy View Post
I prefer the roasts to the steaks anyway. Plus I find I waste a lot less with grass-fed and I save any bones for making broth. Same with chicken.
Rich, I agree with you. I prefer roasts myself. We rarely eat steaks. Untrimmed brisket is my favorite. I recently bought a 48-blade meat tenderizer online just for the purpose of tenderizing cheaper cuts of meat. I found it funny that when I called this company for pricing, the hamburger was $5/lb, while soup bones were $6.50/lb. I love bone broths, so I'm gonna buy some. I cook them in the crockpot with a bit of vinegar to get all the good minerals out.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #43
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,404
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
MouseGal,
Sorry that you were diagnosed with lupus. I am glad you are on the path of eliminating your symptoms with LC, wheat-and-grain free WOE.

After the first couple of days, things should get better. I'm looking forward to seeing how this WOE helps your situation.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:00 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member
 
Michiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 146
Gallery: Michiko
Stats: Size 24-26/Size 18/Size 8-10
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: November 2014
It's great seeing a thread dedicated to Mark's PB! I'd like to join in too!

A little bit about me: I started the Primal Blueprint on October 31st. I realized that in order to achieve the results I'm after, I need to take it seriously. With that in mind, I decided that I had to subscribe to Mark's entire blueprint and not just the eating part. Ever since then I have been doing:

-2 LHT workouts per week
-1 sprint session every 7-10 days
-getting in 3-5+ hours of slow movement per week, including hiking (I live in the mountains and there are lots of hilly places to hike around here), biking and yoga. On "play days" I play DDR which is definitely not slow movement, but a total blast just the same.
-aiming for at least 8 hours of sleep per night
-getting some sun whenever I can
-transitioning to the barefoot movement - just picked up some Vibrams over the holidays
-keeping carbs between 50-100 per day

After reading Mark's suggested calorie requirements I decided on:

-calories anywhere between 1,200 and 1,800 per day (some days I'm just not hungry so I end up naturally calorie cycling)

I am totally on board with his 80/20 suggestion too and because of this it has made the entire PB lifestyle so easy!

Following the PB guidelines, I've lost 17 pounds so far and I feel sooo much better. I definitely need to lose more weight, but for the first time my main goals have changed. Instead of just wanting to lose weight, I want to get fit, healthy and strong.

I'm looking forward to hearing more of your stories and getting to know my fellow PB followers better!
__________________
Sugar free since September 3rd 2014
Artificial sweetener free since October 16th 2014
Michiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:29 AM   #45
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,404
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Michiko! So happy you are joining us! Looking forward to learning about your experience with PB. It looks like you have already implemented most of Mark's suggestions.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:36 AM   #46
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,404
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Just saw Dr. Oz on the news, and boy does the man look haggard! It seems that all that fat/saturated fat elimination combined with overindulgence in grains and grain products is not doing him any favors. He looks frail! If we put him next to Mark, who is the picture of health and fitness, the difference will be shocking.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!
 
mamasooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 1,097
Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
daisey !!!




mamasooze! You live in TX? I live in Fort Worth. Vibrams look cool, now some off-brands are beginning to show up. My only concern is, wouldn't they rub between one's toes? My feet are pretty sensitive and I hate blisters, especially between the toes.....
I'm down south...in Friendswood. Howdy

OOOh..don't know about the blisters. Didn't think of that. My feet are kind of sensitive anyway. I turn my terry socks inside out because I hate the feel of terrycloth against my skin...ugh. Makes me shudder just thinking about it. Vaseline is my friend.

Did everyone catch this article from Jimmy Moore's site? The comments are a HOOT!
Don't Eat Like a Caveman
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!
 
mamasooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 1,097
Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Just saw Dr. Oz on the news, and boy does the man look haggard! It seems that all that fat/saturated fat elimination combined with overindulgence in grains and grain products is not doing him any favors. He looks frail! If we put him next to Mark, who is the picture of health and fitness, the difference will be shocking.
Yeah. Ichabod Oz.

Todays Eatings- eggs (Eggland's Best) and pork sausage with mushrooms, kale/coconut/pumpkin shake, walnuts, chicken fajita meat over mixed greens.

Won't be doing walking regimen today but will be hauling and pushing boxes for Meals on Wheels.

Last edited by mamasooze; 01-04-2012 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: adding meals
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #49
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,404
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Mamasooze, your eatings for today sound delicious
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Speck333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,168
Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Michiko, I'm totally impressed! Way to go!

Mamasooze, I read that yesterday. That author is a dunce. I'm glad she got slammed in the comments.

Eliza, I don't keep up with Dr. Oz, he never looked very good to me, though. lol
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!
 
mamasooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 1,097
Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Mamasooze, your eatings for today sound delicious
My green shake was a dud. Too much kale. Had to toss and start over. Spinach is much milder. The kale made it too thick. Will save the rest to slow cook with hambone.
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #52
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,719
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I don't list "Primal" in my WOE because I primarily think of myself as 'low carb' because I'm so carb sensitive and need to stay at about 20g a day.

However, I actually 'backed into' primal eating while low carbing. As I lost weight, I gradually eliminated all grains, dairy, and even artificial sweeteners. By the time I read Primal Blueprint, the only change I had to make was from my organic peanut butter to almond butter (but since both are horrible trigger foods for me, I've had to stop buying-sob).

I way already buying grass-fed beef (actually I get bison now) online because I read about USA beef producing practices and was repulsed. It's expensive, but I limit my intake and eat a lot more fish--I can get wild-caught fish in my supermarket.

I'm not sure I totally buy into the philosophy of 'eating like our ancestors' because I think we've evolved physiologically, but I absolutely agree about avoiding processed foods and eating foods that are as 'natural' as possible.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Speck333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,168
Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Hi Leo, nice to see you here!
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!
 
dasiey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 6,005
Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
daisey !!!


thank you
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!
 
mamasooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 1,097
Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Michiko, I'm totally impressed! Way to go!

Mamasooze, I read that yesterday. That author is a dunce. I'm glad she got slammed in the comments.

Eliza, I don't keep up with Dr. Oz, he never looked very good to me, though. lol
Dunce? Dunce? You are too kind Almost everything in that column had been debunked years ago.

Today DO had on Dr. Mercola. Needless to say DO spent the segment outraged and horrified by the notion that diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure could possibly be regulated by GASP! diet and nutrition, particularly by the elimination of GASP! (again) carbohydrates. Jeepers
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #56
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,404
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasooze View Post
Dunce? Dunce? You are too kind Almost everything in that column had been debunked years ago.

Today DO had on Dr. Mercola. Needless to say DO spent the segment outraged and horrified by the notion that diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure could possibly be regulated by GASP! diet and nutrition, particularly by the elimination of GASP! (again) carbohydrates. Jeepers


Sooze, you crack me up!

I don't watch Dr.Oz but when I saw him on my local news yesterday, I was stunned at the way he looks....looks quite unhealthy. Wish I'd known Dr.Mercola would be on.....would've DVRed it.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 01-04-2012 at 07:39 PM..
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Speck333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,168
Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasooze View Post
Dunce? Dunce? You are too kind Almost everything in that column had been debunked years ago.

Today DO had on Dr. Mercola. Needless to say DO spent the segment outraged and horrified by the notion that diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure could possibly be regulated by GASP! diet and nutrition, particularly by the elimination of GASP! (again) carbohydrates. Jeepers
Yah, I was trying to be nice... lol

I can't believe anyone finds him credible anymore.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:56 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member
 
betty301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 896
Gallery: betty301
I'm not doing so well..today is my third day of day 2 of the 21 day challenge

Maybe I started at a bad time. I just started new thyroid hormones last Friday, we got a puppy on Saturday and my hubby had knee surgery yesterday.

A lot going on!
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:24 AM   #59
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,404
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
I'm not doing so well..today is my third day of day 2 of the 21 day challenge

Maybe I started at a bad time. I just started new thyroid hormones last Friday, we got a puppy on Saturday and my hubby had knee surgery yesterday.

A lot going on!
Hang in there, Betty, you can do it!
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!
 
mamasooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 1,097
Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
I'm not doing so well..today is my third day of day 2 of the 21 day challenge

Maybe I started at a bad time. I just started new thyroid hormones last Friday, we got a puppy on Saturday and my hubby had knee surgery yesterday.

A lot going on!
That's a lot on your plate girl. Just do the best you can Nobody is going to call the paleo-police.
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.